Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:39 PM

Why Men Sleep After Sex - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Men Sleep After Sex (1289 Views)

Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex / Why Men Sleep After Sex / Why Men Sleep After Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Men Sleep After Sex by fison(m): 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2014
Since the inception of sexuality, many reasons have been given why men sleep just immediately after sex; Although sex has been referred to as one of the most enjoyable things between a man and woman,
the woman race has been on the search to know why men nods straight to sleep after a good sex.
With most women thinking ”dropping” straight into sleep by their men is a complete negative
phenomena, the general notion has been that men are actually selfish to sleep immediately not minding
how their mates feel about it.
Although men argue that the nature of sleeping immediately after sex is due to tiredness from its rigours. Men sleep after sex because they have little power over their bodies at that point in time, hence, not being able to stay awake after the whole rigour of sex.
Men really do need to sleep after sex when they climax because their brains become flooded with sleep-inducing chemicals such
as oxytocin, serotonin and prolactin. Also, the blood rush after the climax depletes the muscles of energy-producing glycogen and because men typically have higher muscle density than women, they become more tired after sex. Also, after sex, a man’s cerebral cortex, which is the ‘thinking’ area, shuts down almost immediately after orgasm, in which
two other areas, the cingulate cortex and amygdale make the rest of the brain to deactivate from sexual
desire. This successive sexual behaviour has however
been linked to only humans alone.
However, wives can talk to their
partners about how they feel after sex, urging their husbands to dedicate few minutes for them
immediately after sex, so as to help enhance the sleeping nature of their husbands after sex.
Sex takes a lot of energy to
complete and that there is tendency for the brain and the entire system to want to rest when such intense energy is exhibited. Also, the location where the sexual activity takes place also has a way of affecting the man. “When you indulge in sex, which usually
takes place at night when people sleep naturally, it comes with a level of intensity that involves all your
energy and whatever you can muster to make it have a shaking effect, after which the multi-nerve ends are relaxed. This makes people sleep easily.
“It also depends on where you do it. Usually, if it is a legal encounter, which takes place in your own
bedroom where you are comfortable, you might sleep, which is different from when you do it in your car or somewhere else under duress, that is not so comfortable.
“Another factor that could aid sleeping well after sex is eating good food prior to the act because you
may not be able to do it well if you are hungry and the body entertains only one urge at a time and hunger is as strong an urge and a drive as sex is.
Other factors could be to have a pleasant room atmosphere with a good bed and if there is no thought of threatening financial burden or security issues in mind.”
Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
@op....
Edit your tread na...
which one be this now...repetition...
Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 15, 2014
faqman:
@op....
Edit your tread na...
see ooh.......create ur own na? habah!! Unqreatful monqers!!

1 Like

Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by 4har5y: 1:54am On Oct 15, 2014
Educating... bt if u try arrange am well, E get potential to make FP.
Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by Funjosh(m): 5:58am On Oct 15, 2014
You did copy and paste, and you dont do it well self.
Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 15, 2014
Aijalon:
[b][/b] see ooh.......create ur own na? habah!! Unqreatful monqers!!
it is a nice post...
im just saying what i think....
im not criticizing the Op na
this doesn't warrant all this insult..
Nawa oh..

1 Like

Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 15, 2014
faqman:

it is a nice post...
im just saying what i think....
im not criticizing the Op na
this doesn't warrant all this insult..
Nawa oh..

Boss abeg no vex wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by fison(m): 8:53am On Oct 15, 2014
faqman:
@op....
Edit your tread na...
Am sorry about that but have edited it though am new and i hardly comprehend those icon cum signs and code used by fidus here (i.e "op", 'fp').

1 Like

Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by fison(m): 8:55am On Oct 15, 2014
4har5y:
Educating... bt if u try arrange am well, E get potential to make FP.
I assume FP is facebook post?
Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by fison(m): 8:59am On Oct 15, 2014
Funjosh:
You did copy and paste, and you dont do it well self.
Well you are right as regards copy and paste though it's from my memo but I researched on that but I guess it isn't a crime if i post for all to learn. Danke!
Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by Prettiepearlz(f): 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
@fison,well done dear,forget the critics,its a nice write up,fp means front page.
Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by seedorfg(m): 9:21am On Dec 16, 2014
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Why Mothers Kiss Their Babies / What's The Most Dangerous Drug In The World? / Skin Care Program States To Add Collagen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.