Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

"Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? (36719 Views)

Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust / 2015 Jonathan Rally: Enugu State Government Declares Thursday Work-free Day / Friday Should Replace Saturday As Work Free Day To Ensure Religious Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by Gooci(m): 4:23am On Oct 15, 2014
As we all know, today, Oct. 15, 2014 is a horn-free day in Lagos state. Am currently at ojuelegba, 4.am and I keep hearing the blast of horns as usual.

What's the situation like at your place;

Can we truly do without blastin our horns in Lagos?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by Obinoscopy(m): 8:22am On Oct 15, 2014
Is it possible? Is it even safe? Was there enough enlightenment? These are the questions rummaging through my mind.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by ayusco85(m): 8:50am On Oct 15, 2014
horn free day worst in lag. Are u kiddin me its gon be a shout out driving no b small tin....... Screaming and shouting match grin

10 Likes

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by MadCow1: 8:51am On Oct 15, 2014
If I hear

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 15, 2014
Ok...at Itire road now, police patrol on rampage with horns..... shocked

14 Likes

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by kr0ne(m): 8:51am On Oct 15, 2014
No be only horn free, na Humphrey. Go 3rd Mainland bridge and see danfo drivers blasting horns and trumpets. There are things u can stop in Lagos, but not this one

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by ggrin(f): 8:51am On Oct 15, 2014
Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by sibepoc(m): 8:51am On Oct 15, 2014
Nigerians no dey hear word, I'm hearing horns here at Egbeda

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by austinbrown: 8:51am On Oct 15, 2014
Not possible, so if I horn wetin go happen
Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 15, 2014
Who declared a horn-free day? What's the origin, d person must be unrealistic to think such a law can gain grounds in a place like lagos when e no possible even for village

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by MERS(m): 8:51am On Oct 15, 2014
The whole idea is an inane fantasy of bureaucrats who spend all day riding to work behind newspapers. Anyone who drives in Lagos will canvas for everything else but a horn-free day.

20 Likes

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by Super1759: 8:52am On Oct 15, 2014
using the horn is a reflex action to every Nigeria road user even pedestrians use mouth to horn.

who even invented this nonsense?

45 Likes

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by ayobase(m): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2014
na today they go horn pass sef.

one of the reason they call us names.

what is the purpose of horn in the first place.......

-Calling to order
-Correcting
- Warning
-Getting attention

imagine no one horns in Lagos for that matter.....below is what mighy happen.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by Akalia(m): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2014
Which side? Lagos motorists blasting them horns like a fat kid loves cake

2 Likes

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by whirlwind7(m): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Is it possible? Is it even safe? Was there enough enlightenment? These are the questions rummaging through my mind.

The answers to your first 2 questions are yes and yes. May seem unbelievable, but if you have ever lived for a period of time outside Nigeria, you will understand.
The enlightenment part is what I can't vouch for, but if LASG can keep this up, perhaps even dedicate one day in every month to observe a "no horn" day, the trend will gradually catch on, until it becomes a part of the driving culture here.

The key word is PATIENCE.
Many people tap the horn button for no good reasons: saying hello to a friend while driving by, trying to get the attention of roadside hawkers, letting the driver ahead of you know that he's too slow for your liking...the list is as endless as it is unnecessary. Almost everyone on Lagos roads go through moments of madness between the hours of 6am till 11am, then from 5pm till about 10pm. We are all in a hurry to get to work, and then get home afterwards. These irritating horn sounds peak within these periods and it can be very annoying.

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by oathman(m): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2014
really
u must be kidding me, HORN FREE DAY?
The other day i heard of no bra day, and now horn free day shocked
very soon we will hear something like NO CRIME DAY, NO PANT DAY shocked
The world is really going mad

1 Like

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by thiefnubu(m): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2014
angry e no concern me.... Free flow of traffic over here in Gwoza

8 Likes

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by tunde1200(m): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2014
I don't think is going to be possible especially this danfo drivers that are full of rough driving!.
Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by nataisha(f): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2014
I wonder waiting go happen
Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by priscaoge(f): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2014
So drivers won't horn today shocked shocked shocked? How possible is that with the way Nigerians drive on the road?

Private car owners should go and park their car cos na enough bashing dem go get cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by quaid(m): 8:53am On Oct 15, 2014
LASG just wish to achieve that cos they are dreamers and not makers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by Vikkiboi(m): 8:53am On Oct 15, 2014
Make person cum jam my camry 2009 abi undecided

Abeg na horn sure pass o grin

Pin pin pin tongue

6 Likes

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by Emperortj93(m): 8:53am On Oct 15, 2014
horn just dey blaze for my ear today pass previous day's like say today nah world horn blowing day
btw, I no come here come contribute anytin meaningful but to check if I can make front page today
thanks for ur understanding

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by ddooskie(m): 8:53am On Oct 15, 2014
Horn free kwa? For Lagos? It's like saying all commercial motorists should go on compulsory break. I hate the sound of thosevBRT buses when approaching their bus stops.

3 Likes

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by GenOrumov: 8:53am On Oct 15, 2014
Its not only about noise pollution, its about trying to be sane in an insane society. Was tempted several times but resisted the need to use my horn on the way to the office. A rule in driving says we should anticipate the moves of other motorists.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by Ololanla: 8:53am On Oct 15, 2014
No body obeys it in Ojuelegba o

1 Like

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by olasha1(m): 8:53am On Oct 15, 2014
@ in Ajah here its going on well,jst 1 tanker broke d protocol and lastma chase him with bike to sanction him moderately..

5 Likes

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by yuzjet(m): 8:53am On Oct 15, 2014
Wetin concern my neighbour? He don dey horn before he commort for compound.

undecided

44 Likes

Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by lonelydora: 8:54am On Oct 15, 2014
I for like enjoy am
Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 15, 2014
jj
Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 15, 2014
Keneking:
Ok...at Itire road now, police patrol on rampage with horns..... shocked
Hahahahah grin
Re: "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? by richardjemedafe1(m): 8:54am On Oct 15, 2014
Hg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osinbajo And Malami In Turf War Over $1.3billion Malabu Scam - Premium Times / Buhari's Re-election Could Hasten The Break Up Of Nigeria - Junaid Mohammed / Sahara Reporters Confirm That Election Was Boycotted In Anambra(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.