Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,947 members, 7,806,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? (2167 Views)

Chadians, Ghanaians, Others Storm Nigeria For Dollars-the Nation / New Nation (women In Oil) / Lagos To Introduce Electric Vehicles In 2010[in A Blackout Nation] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? by cediland: 10:12pm On Nov 12, 2008
The Ghanaian business environment is expanding so fast and the government is welcoming international participation and contribution. Are you interested in getting your business into Ghana?
Re: Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? by UNLEASHED(m): 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2008
You no get ghanaland??
Re: Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? by onyeoma22: 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2008
who told you?
Re: Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? by Thadude(m): 6:08pm On Nov 26, 2008
Ghana should go with their business environment.
Do you want Nigerians to come there again so that the ghana govt can single them out and demand $300,000.
If na naija govt do am now the world with CNN for dey hala scam! countries dey do shakara for naija Ghana sef join, na waoooooooooo dem don forget when dem dey chop deisha and sandines in the 70s/80s when dem dey chop condense milk for naija their belle dey sweet dat time, well hope fully we go learn for naija.
Re: Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? by cediland: 12:45am On Nov 29, 2008
I don't want to believe wat you are saying Tha_dude, Ghana is a very peace loving nation and this evidence in the large population of white nationals that are current doing business, studying and touring Ghana.

Oil has just been discovered and coupled with our small population, the economy and development is fast easing out. Corruption level is not very sharp in Ghana and arm robbery is also quite low and almost none-existence.

I think it is quite easy to live in Ghana and also be able to get your business into Ghana. Getting office space is very easy in Accra and most often these offices are already furnished with full internet services. The rates are far cheaper than what is obtainable in Nigeria.
Re: Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? by DavidDylan(m): 12:46am On Nov 29, 2008
Ghana wont ever be as rich as Nigeria. You can crow as much as you want.
Re: Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? by cediland: 1:59am On Nov 29, 2008
DavidDylan:

Ghana wont ever be as rich as Nigeria. You can crow as much as you want.

Ghana can never been as rich as Nigeria. I totally agree with you but come to see things from our own angle; Ghana's total population is about the size of the population of Lagos and this means it has very little mouths to feed.

What we see is a Lagos having several Universities, Colleges of education, Polytechnics and a good thriving gold mining industry and also a deep Oil reserve. If lagos has all these without thinking of sharing the proceeds of these wealth with the Federal mouths and also other idle states, Lagos will be a paradise on earth because I know the level of governance in Lagos is a little better.

Ghana is just like this dreamed Lagos I just tried to picture, It doesn't need the kind of wealth Nigeria have because Nigeria population is about 10times larger than that of Ghana. Governance in Ghana is very matured and politics is played with little aggressions and killings.

The ppl have more freedom of speech and they have better opposition voices to keep the government on track. We have been witnessing a very large influx of direct Foreign investments and also better participation on the Ghana prime sectors. Almost all Nigeria major banks are already on board.

It is a sign of a bigger and mightier birth of a great nation. I think God has started working on this nation and the rate at which things have been picking up has been very fast.

Real estate is on the rise as plots in Accra are going for as high as $1million per plot.

With Oil, more jobs will be created and more companies will be developed.
Re: Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? by cindelite: 9:42pm On Dec 05, 2008
my friend from ghana u must mean with oil ghana's problems will worse past naija times 20, the only reason u guys are having some kond of peace and stability is cos u dnt have anyfin dat wud interest the western world, ur gold is finished and nw u jst discovered oil, trust me n write dis date down when ghana start producing oil, dats when ghana's problems will escalate and u will now knw wat nigeria is going thru because the white people will play u guys against each other thats wen national identity dat u guys are enjoyin nw wont matter anymore, its ur ethnicity dat matters jst like its going on in every oil producing african state. u will start fighting each ova for the wealth and the white people will start posting negative thinggs against ur country so dat other countries will think they are doing u a favour, i feel sorry for u guys because having a civil war nw in the 21st century will defo b bad for u ghanaians. reason with me and u will understand wat am saying bless.
Re: Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? by hbrednic: 8:23pm On Dec 06, 2008
cediland:

Ghana can never been as rich as Nigeria. I totally agree with you but come to see things from our own angle; Ghana's total population is about the size of the population of Lagos and this means it has very little mouths to feed.

What we see is a Lagos having several Universities, Colleges of education, Polytechnics and a good thriving gold mining industry and also a deep Oil reserve. If lagos has all these without thinking of sharing the proceeds of these wealth with the Federal mouths and also other idle states, Lagos will be a paradise on earth because I know the level of governance in Lagos is a little better.

Ghana is just like this dreamed Lagos I just tried to picture, It doesn't need the kind of wealth Nigeria have because Nigeria population is about 10times larger than that of Ghana. Governance in Ghana is very matured and politics is played with little aggressions and killings.

The people have more freedom of speech and they have better opposition voices to keep the government on track. We have been witnessing a very large influx of direct Foreign investments and also better participation on the Ghana prime sectors. Almost all Nigeria major banks are already on board.

It is a sign of a bigger and mightier birth of a great nation. I think God has started working on this nation and the rate at which things have been picking up has been very fast.

[b]Real estate is on the rise as plots in Accra are going for as high as $1million per plot.[/b]With Oil, more jobs will be created and more companies will be developed.

be real and stop the joke
how many ghanaians has a million dollars,sure less than 0.1% of the population.
plots in ikoyi,victoria and banana islands goes much more than a million dollars
but that is not general price of plot in lagos.
anyway your one plot might be 1/4 of accra grin grin grin what do i know.
Re: Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? by miquest: 2:58pm On Dec 07, 2008
cediland:

The Ghanaian business environment is expanding so fast and the government is welcoming international participation and contribution. Are you interested in getting your business into Ghana?

Ghana is not what you make it to be please, your country cant even stick to allowing Nigerians run their own business as other foreign National despite the fact that we are all in ecowas, i wonder what you have to say about that, and a country that has one of the fastest falling currency in the world even after the redomination of the currency??, What about the fact that Ghana is Listed as HIPC (Highly Indebted Poor Country) and you want Inteligent and wise business investors such as Nigerians to invest in a loosing economy were the white people come first before any other color, Pls we all know What Ghana is and we have visited it before, Get your fact right about Nigeria before you talk Thrash,

I believe theirs no one intelligent enough in Ghana to have a Cediland,
Re: Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? by lucabrasi(m): 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2008
@poster
i am a proud nigerian but i totaly agree with the poster,our love or perceived patriotism shouldnt prevent us from acknowledging the truth,ghananians did all the shit jobs in nigeria once upon a time and moved back to their country either voluntarily or chased during the ghana must go saga,and they have given their all to better their nation unlike us, a former minister in ghana once remarked that"they skim 10% off the top of contracts and ghananians complain,what about nigeria where a polititican skims the total 100% without nigerian saying anything"this is just a sample of how much we allow our politicians to get away with stuffs.

the size of a country is not a barrier to its sucess, uk is not as big as nigeria,neither is south korea and other countries yet they are better than nigeria,ghana is on the way to recovery and they are making damn sure they r not making the same mistake nigeria has made,while our own inec is in shambles and couldnt sucessfully organise an election without killings ,riots and looting they are doing"agbaya" in ghana donating vehicles to ghana's electoral body
Re: Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? by pastorjosh: 5:04pm On Dec 07, 2008
cediland,
Thanks for your post. Despite the fact that I'm a Nigeria,I strongly believe with you. But i would like to communicate with you personally on issues that are vital. you can mail me

talk2pastormike@gmail.com

+2348068368751.

Thanks
Re: Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? by cediland: 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2008
pastorjosh:

cediland,
Thanks for your post. Despite the fact that I'm a Nigeria,I strongly believe with you. But i would like to communicate with you personally on issues that are vital. you can mail me

talk2pastormike@gmail.com
+2348068368751.

Thanks

My email is williamskufuor@yahoo.com

You can contact me through that email. We are currently following the Ghana presidential election closely and so far so good, it has been very peaceful.
Re: Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 11, 2008
First the Ghanaian government must stop targeting Nigerian business for all kinds of absurd fees. It is not easy being a Nigerian in Ghana.
Re: Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? by cediland: 1:30am On Dec 19, 2008
If you are running a business here in Ghana, you must understand that it is very difficult to run away from tax. I don't think our gov is targeting Nigerians for any strange fees.
Re: Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? by latch(m): 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2008
I agree with cediland, ghana is currently doing quite well and going in the right direction. Of course its low population while you consider it an advantage (sic: less mouths to feed), its actually more of a disadvantage (less population to buy goods and services, less brain power etc),

I'm also quite impressed with initiatives like the new Ashesi university founded by that ex microsoft guy. However, wether you like it or not, once you start drilling that oil , Ghana is doomed.

EVERY third world and undeveloped country that has natural resources is either fighting internally, or is a dictatorship.
Re: Ghana: The Next Africa Super Nation? by MassOptin(m): 1:40am On Dec 22, 2008
Hello.

Ghana will grow to be the biggest African nation. But what can you do for yourself ?

Making money on the internet is easy, if you know what people spend on. They spend on Advertising! We do web-designing and specialize in high-quality Adsense Websites (income-based websites).

We are an online email advertising company. Please visit our website www.massoptins.com.

MassOptins provide you the best emails and mailer to help you grow your business organically. We are the best in Email Advertising. Please make us your preferred advertising partner. See how you can grow your business at a fraction of the cost of print and TV advertising. So grow your business and grow rich!

William.

(1) (Reply)

High Street Market Place - Importation Made Easy, Networking Redefined! / I Want To Buy A Trailer Body (flat Bed) / Processed Food Packaging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.