Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Why Do Christians Say God Is Not A Magician? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Say God Is Not A Magician? (3447 Views)

Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking / Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Why Do Christians Say God Is Not A Magician? by Expressions(m): 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
iamjane:

So it's now you remember your fourth point (gift of discernment), after one must have been led astray by your first three points angry
Oh now you know there are more to what you think you know, you only see the vastness of this Creation from the one sided religious view.

Who said anything about patronising evil here?! Without knowing it you praise evil or d.evil by elevating it. You contradict yourself. Without Power can there be magic?! Magic or any other wrong/dark(dimmed)/evil use of this Power, is inferior and as such short lived with no lasting value..... it's like going for golden-tinsel thinking it's gold. That's why it's called dark power ie, dimmed power; the dimming of the potent pure radiant Power from God.
It's like polluting pure water. Who says foul water cannot be used to cook soup? Is soup a bad thing? Do I need to advise anyone not to eat soup prepared with foul water?

What do you know of the concept of good? If I as a computer guru create a VIRUS and then come around to u with a solution, an ANTI VIRUS does that qualify my act as good?

Ok, I won't run to a magician, let me go to a prophet instead and then alas!it's a false prophet. ..What's the difference. You talk as if the spirit of discernment is sold in the market. Probably I should come to you for that.

I do not claim to know it so I can't say things like ABSOLUTELY!

People need only the Truth inherent in the pure unadulterated Teachings of Jesus and adhere to It to be free. There re many things Christ would have taught us but man was not ripe for it at that time. He then promised the Spirit of Truth.

I am open to knowledge and truth. ..

So please don't try to confine us in your box.

I'm clapping. You really catch my drift smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Say God Is Not A Magician? by Expressions(m): 3:47pm On Oct 21, 2014
ayoku777:
That's true, knowledge is progressive and intimacy with the Holy Spirit is the only way to guide and guard against error.

I agree, this is true.
Re: Why Do Christians Say God Is Not A Magician? by iamjane(f): 7:42am On Oct 22, 2014
ayoku777:
That's true, knowledge is progressive and intimacy with the Holy Spirit is the only way to guide and guard against error.
That is it

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Secret Sin? / Merry Christmas! Anyone Struggling To Feed Today? / There Is A Logical Fallacy In The Argument That Mary Is The Mother Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.