Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,436 members, 7,801,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams (38532 Views)

Kaduna University Suspends John Danfulani, Lecturer Over Facebook ‘hate Speech’ / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 15, 2014
News reaching me is that the formidable CU has suspended various students for many trivial reasons such as double piercings in their ear, phone possession, having sim enabled ipads and other silly reasons. The students are to be suspended for four weeks, just three weeks to examinations, and are to go home today.

IMO, this is wickedness of the highest order. How would you suspend students just a few weeks to exams? The normal practise of the school is to suspend erring students at the start of a new semester but, these students are going home towards exam period. And when people bash the school, they complain.

I also her the school takes great joy in expelling and suspending students for foolish reasons. And how the school makes final year students come back(spill over) for one whole year just because of a 3 unit course.. Really stupid angry
Your opinions??

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Dbestmax(m): 7:47am On Oct 15, 2014
Convenant university NOT AN OPTION since 1500

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 15, 2014
This is what happens when you put a small boy as the dean of student affairs... I really doubt that David Oyedepo knows about this wickedness going on in the school.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by ceo003: 8:55am On Oct 15, 2014
grin nonsense upon all d moni they r payin . serves them right grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:11am On Oct 15, 2014
#FirstAndLastBullet...
Where there is no law,there is no sin

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:14am On Oct 15, 2014
OP,which 3 weeks to exam are u talking about?
The CU I knw,like all private unis resume new session sept/oct and they write 1st semester exams after shiloh break i.e. January.

So the 3weeks to exam tinn in your news makes it incredible.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by mesoade(m): 9:15am On Oct 15, 2014
What do you expect from a glorified secondary school? undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 15, 2014
actually, sir, the academic calendar has been modified- since last session
first semester starts in august, exams start in november, and the semester ends in first week of december
first semester is really short

then second semester is long
starts in january, exams start in april and session ends in may
smiley
WoodcrestMayor:
OP,which 3 weeks to exam are u talking about?
The CU I knw,like all private unis resume new session sept/oct and they write 1st semester exams after shiloh break i.e. January.

So the 3weeks to exam tinn in your news make it incredible.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by wheesin(m): 9:21am On Oct 15, 2014
who sent them..??

wait..who cares ??

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 15, 2014
serves them right? how many students will willfully go to the school? most of them had no choice, they were forced by their parents to go there.
ceo003:
grin nonsense upon all d moni they r payin . serves them right grin

5 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:27am On Oct 15, 2014
Oh!Very nice.

Thanks for the info and i must say u're well mannered smiley

Some pple woulda replied with insults.

There's hope for Nairaland smiley
Ladystewie:
actually, sir, the academic calendar has been modified- since last session
first semester starts in august, exams start in november, and the semester ends in first week of december
first semester is really short

then second semester is long
starts in january, exams start in april and session ends in may
smiley

123 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 15, 2014
smileytx
WoodcrestMayor:
Oh!Very nice.

Thanks for the info and i must say u're well mannered smiley

Some pple woulda replied with insults.

There's hope for Nairaland smiley

56 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by phiszo(m): 9:32am On Oct 15, 2014
Covenant secondary school.

15 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by rattlesnake(m): 9:55am On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
News reaching me is that the formidable CU has suspended various students for many trivial reasons such as double piercings in their ear, phone possession, having sim enabled ipads and other silly reasons. The students are to be suspended for four weeks, just three weeks to examinations, and are to go home today.

IMO, this is wickedness of the highest order. How would you suspend students just a few weeks to exams? The normal practise of the school is to suspend erring students at the start of a new semester but, these students are going home towards exam period. And when people bash the school, they complain.
I also her the school takes great joy in expelling and suspending students for foolish reasons. And how the school makes final year students come back(spill over) for one whole year just because of a 3 unit course.. Really stupid angry
Your opinions??
u will kill urself on oyedepo matter for.nothing

Who send u?
Are the parents complaining?

Are u the one who sent them to school?

If Ur shild pierces her n1pples...will u like it

Discipline is key that is why naija is used as dustbin cos we have no standard

undecided

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nosyke(m): 10:02am On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:

Your opinions??

So if a final year student fails a 3 unit course, it should be waived ehn kwa? I give up

****Edited***
There are reasons why lectures are given and time to prepare for exams also given. If a student knows that if (s)he fails an exam EVEN IN FINAL YEAR, it will lead to repeating a whole academic session, such student should put in whatever it takes to pass with a clean sheet.

I went to a school where even [b]ONE UNIT [/b]Course earned students spill overs , let alone 3 and this was a Federal University

Complacency is never a good ingredient for a successful recipe. Again, they must have known even before getting to that level, so kini big deal?.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 15, 2014
pure wickedness! I hate that school! angry
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 15, 2014
excuse me? who are you?
I'm not hating on the school or anything, infact I've always been among those that defend the school when people condemn it
but.. this is just the height of wickedness. There's no way you can justify these extreme measures. You definitely cannot caLL it discipline. It's wickedness and injustice-plain and simple
It's not really the suspension part that is really painful, but the fact that the students were suspended a few weeks to exams. Haba now!!
And you talk about the parents not complaining? Is it the parents that are in the school? Is it not their children that are tere, suffering such wickedness??
rattlesnake:
u will kill urself on oyedepo matter for.nothing

Who send u?
Are the parents complaining?

Are u the one who sent them to school?

If Ur shild pierces her n1pples...will u like it

Discipline is key that is why naija is used as dustbin cos we have no standard ote

Busymouth undecided

12 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 15, 2014
My point is, the course be carried over for one semester, not the whole session.
Why should the spillover students one back for one whole year just because of one course? And they pay the school fees, you know
Nosyke:

So if a final year student fails a 3 unit course, it should be waived ehn kwa? I give up

7 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by isick(m): 10:13am On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:

Your opinions??
pls dis is not wickedness but disobedient on the part of the student

12 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by zappyj(m): 10:30am On Oct 15, 2014
Did they expel you or your brother?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by ednut1(m): 10:32am On Oct 15, 2014
stop hating on the skul abeg, they have rules which u were aware of before una a enter, if u cant comply dont go, the more u hate the more they seem to grow

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by ceo003: 10:32am On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
serves them right? how many students will willfully go to the school? most of them had no choice, they were forced by their parents to go there.
grin u have a point there
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Boladebo: 10:46am On Oct 15, 2014
The Students knew it was a crime , so dey are now Facing d music. Even in public schz dre are laws! and if u break dem u pack ur tinz and zoom ure off 2 yur Fathers aws no matter d time in d academic calender

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Tenim47(m): 10:53am On Oct 15, 2014
Direct entry to adeyemi college

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Andyblaze: 10:55am On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie, i've been pretty fine, just a flu today...this moniker was banned in that section u asked me the question by antispambot
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by iamrealdeji(m): 10:57am On Oct 15, 2014
IMO,the school is very OK,the students are disciplined,i'm not a christian but I think Covenant University is the best private University in Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:

Your opinions??

I am a student here and even if I dont support a three week suspension for double piercing, we all signed an undertaking with respect to these rules and breaking these rules is equal to a breach of contract which is legally punishable. These rules are basic rules any responsible person wouldnt have a hard time obeying. As for the spillover issue, i think we are second best in Nigeria for a reason, and one of those reasons are the high standards here which are rarely compromised. Anything below 45 is an F and if anyone feels he is not comfortable with it, he should go to a Federal university where he can buy grades or pass with a 36. Like I always say, we are soaring, take a seat and watch if you dont want to come out of your comfort zones and soar with us

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 15, 2014
Bullshit school!
BETTER DO jamb 10years than going to such poo!

5 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:

Your opinions??

Lolzzz, covenant university ko imule university ni. angry

Sim enabled ipads?? Stupid reasons

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by valmunich(m): 11:19am On Oct 15, 2014
That's what happens when you attend a private university

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:

Your opinions??
They knew the rules before signing up. If you think Covenant is wicked, try my alma mater: When you err, you'll be summoned by a panel and dismissed to continue as usual until when you start your final exams...that's when you'll be expelled, for something you've prolly forgotten you did.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 15, 2014
BTW...were you suspended? ROFLMAO! Rules are rules, and that's all there is to it. Look before you leap, know before you sign up. Simple.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures From Covenant University Traditional Sunday / Flashback: Did You Read This Book While Growing Up? / Liang Shi Fails 27th Attempt At Passing University Entrance Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.