Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,848 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams (38555 Views)

Kaduna University Suspends John Danfulani, Lecturer Over Facebook ‘hate Speech’ / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by WoodcrestMayor(m): 5:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nice smiley

All fine here.

Missed your insightful and straightforward views on issues.
GRAND30:

My great pal, what's good? Just took a while to reset my mind. Thanks a great deal for the warm welcome.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by ekolina(m): 5:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
Again a university student should be able to make his/her decision. what do u make of this: when you are in CU u dress like CEO but when out of CU, you dress like a music star. that is how ur students act
mrryon:

Which one of you friends is a registrar? He got his PhD at 28. Who says a PhD in Engineering is harder than a PhD in HRM?, The students here discover their selves within prescribed rules. The tatoos dont affect their Job performance, but honestly, what is your first impression of a girl in tats and leggings? Would you employ a lady with visible tats, leggings and piercing to work in your company as a receptionist when you open it? As for your cousins, you cannot use them as a yardstick to judge the remaining 7 thousand of us, most of which have been positively imparted. My friend, discipline, dedication, integrity and trustworthiness is what Nigeria yearns for, and even if CU does it in an annoying way, at least, they still try. i have no problems with Federal universities, my problem is with he who thinks CU has to be secular to be acceptable
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
WoodcrestMayor:
Oh!Very nice.

Thanks for the info and i must say u're well mannered smiley

Some pple woulda replied with insults.

There's hope for Nairaland smiley
lol! Guy u funny oh! I know say u don ready all ur 'insulting' arsenal like Riley n Huey if to say she fall enter ur trap! tongue
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by aguizm(m): 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
ekolina:
My problem with you is that you limit yourself to your world. I left the university just four years ago and I have class mates who about rounding up their Phd in schools around the USA and Canada and they are not up to 30years. These are guys doing phd in engineering, you are here making noise about phd in human resource management. My believe is that a university student should be allowed to discover himself. I work with one of the leading EPCI company in the world, here you see ladies and gents with tattoo all over their body, ladies wearing leggie and singlet to the office and that has not affected their performance on the job. FYI, I ve cousins in CU but their attitude is not better than we that went to federal uni
Don't mind that Myron of a kid .He is just bragging about the school as if na him papa own.May be he is in that school through Church scholarship that's y he can't see anything wrong with that crench called covenant university. Tomorrow fit be him turn then he will come out here to cry.Chaiii I dey wait for am with bulala.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by WoodcrestMayor(m): 5:54pm On Oct 15, 2014
No o! cheesy

My guys @bolded smiley

I try to b at peace wit all nairalanders wink
click2cbn:
lol! Guy u funny oh! I know say u don ready all ur 'insulting' arsenal like Riley n Huey if to say she fall enter ur trap! tongue
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 15, 2014
WoodcrestMayor:
No o! cheesy

My guys @bolded smiley

I try to b at peace wit all nairalanders wink
yea! Noticed from ur moniker. My guys too esp Riley( he is a real nigga grin)
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by WoodcrestMayor(m): 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2014
U can say dat again cheesy

Riley Freeman aka The Fundraiser cool
click2cbn:
yea! Noticed from ur moniker. My guys too esp Riley( he is a real nigga grin)
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
WoodcrestMayor:
U can say dat again cheesy

Riley Freeman aka The Fundraiser cool
Look, Fvck you! Fvck the plane you flew in on! Fvck them shoes! Fvck those socks with the belt on it! Fvck ur gay a.ss fairy gay accent! Fvck them cheap assets cigar! Fvck ur yuk-mouth teeth! Fvck ur hair piece! Fvck ur chocolate! Fvck guy ritchie! Fvck prince William! Fvck the queen! This is America! My president is black and my lambo is blue!......... gringringrin

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Vikky014(f): 6:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
mrryon:

I am a student here and even if I dont support a three week suspension for double piercing, we all signed an undertaking with respect to these rules and breaking these rules is equal to a breach of contract which is legally punishable. These rules are basic rules any responsible person wouldnt have a hard time obeying. As for the spillover issue, i think we are second best in Nigeria for a reason, and one of those reasons are the high standards here which are rarely compromised. Anything below 45 is an F and if anyone feels he is not comfortable with it, he should go to a Federal university where he can buy grades or pass with a 36. Like I always say, we are soaring, take a seat and watch if you dont want to come out of your comfort zones and soar with us
U R USING PHONE.LEMME GO AND REPORT YOU.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
iamrealdeji:
IMO,the school is very OK,the students are disciplined,i'm not a christian but I think Covenant University is the best private University in Nigeria
How do u know that?
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by eldoradoxx: 6:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
If you cannot bear the heat of the kitchen, why do you have to cook after all. CU is not ment for riff raffs, urchins and prostitute like you have in 98% of other universities in Nigeria. It is ment for selected few who are ready to abide by rules.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by anitank(f): 6:58pm On Oct 15, 2014
Double piercing I can understand, but sim enabled ipads

What do they do with their ipads then, play games during break time
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Pwitikween(f): 7:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
WoodcrestMayor:
OP,which 3 weeks to exam are u talking about?
The CU I knw,like all private unis resume new session sept/oct and they write 1st semester exams after shiloh break i.e. January.

So the 3weeks to exam tinn in your news makes it incredible.
Thank u ooo...for some time I was actually wondering if i read the right thing.@o.p get your facts straight...first semester is usually longer and lasts for about four months at least!!!!
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by nicetboy(m): 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
rattlesnake:
u will kill urself on oyedepo matter for.nothing

Who send u?
Are the parents complaining?

Are u the one who sent them to school?

If Ur shild pierces her n1pples...will u like it

Discipline is key that is why naija is used as dustbin cos we have no standard

tell me what happen to human right. A university student have right to self. Mind you note the different between discipline and self right.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:03pm On Oct 15, 2014
His confidence was sky highcheesy cheesy cheesy
Gangsta line grin

The first rule of fundraising is don't give nothing to nobody.
Period.
No charities, no homeless people, Salvation Army, Red Cross, starving Africans, nothing.
Hey, brother.
You can't be raising funds and giving funds away at the same time.
That's like getting high on your own supply

Riley is a certified bad guy cool
click2cbn:
Look, Fvck you! Fvck the plane you flew in on! Fvck them shoes! Fvck those socks with the belt on it! Fvck ur gay a.ss fairy gay accent! Fvck them cheap assets cigar! Fvck ur yuk-mouth teeth! Fvck ur hair piece! Fvck ur chocolate! Fvck guy ritchie! Fvck prince William! Fvck the queen! This is America! My president is black and my lambo is blue!......... gringringrin
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
She said calendar has been readjusted.

Good one I must say.
Pwitikween:

Thank u ooo...for some time I was actually wondering if i read the right thing.@o.p get your facts straight...first semester is usually longer and lasts for about four months at least!!!!
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Ephemmm: 7:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
I smell poverty and hatred for either Oyedepo or the Covenant Uni itself on the part of some people. Though I have never been to private school, but the way some people are stating their points here is uncalled for: where there is no law, there is no sin....

If you are in Rome, you are expected to act like Romans. I can see clearly that somebody has to travel to Freetown before he/she would realize that freedom is not even free in Freetown.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
Tx a lot, dude
but really, if u must make corrections, do so without insults
I did not imply the courses were failed in their final year
For most students, they'd been carrying the failed course over from previous levels
stagger:

You are an idiota. Which foreign university allows students to graduate after failing a 3-unit course in final year? Your brains seemed to have taken french leave.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 15, 2014
like i said, the norm was to suspend defaulting students at the start of the next semester
and to suspend them for such trivial issues?
OkikiOluwa1:

A student can be suspended at any time once he/she is guilty.
Even when writing an exam, be it final year or 1st year exam.
Last Bullet
They commited an offense before suspension.
Maybe they should v commited the offense as at 1st week of resumption and not some weeks to examination!
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
@ eleko1
punishment for double piercings and owning sim enabled tabs is not suspension, rather letter of warning
it's just the doings of an evil dean
InvertedHammer:

\
Are there any laws against these "trivials" in the school?

If Yes! They they deserve to be suspended. If you will not abide by their rules, change to a different school.

If No! Then something is wrong somewhere

/
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy
i don't even know what to say to you
join the long line of haters, dear kiss kiss kiss
aigjoey:
Weeks To Exams by aigjoey ( m ): 12:49pm
You are a big fool for questioning the school's
action. the rules were clearly stated . no phone.
no piecing of any kind.... and now they have been
suspended u are crying woves. mind u the school
can suspend a defaulter anytime.. I am a product
of a public school were two days to exams
students are suspended if found guilty... go busy
urself pls and stop making storm out of a tea cup. I
hate u
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
no, he's the chancellor
clemz88:
how will u say he doesn't know,isn't he the VC of d school
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
Yeah since when did double piercings warrant suspension?
mrryon:

I am a student here and even if I dont support a three week suspension for double piercing, we all signed an undertaking with respect to these rules and breaking these rules is equal to a breach of contract which is legally punishable. These rules are basic rules any responsible person wouldnt have a hard time obeying. As for the spillover issue, i think we are second best in Nigeria for a reason, and one of those reasons are the high standards here which are rarely compromised. Anything below 45 is an F and if anyone feels he is not comfortable with it, he should go to a Federal university where he can buy grades or pass with a 36. Like I always say, we are soaring, take a seat and watch if you dont want to come out of your comfort zones and soar with us
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 15, 2014
10 CU girls suspended for not wearing bra. #Brafreeday.. Lol
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by NifemiOlu(m): 8:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
The school has absolute right to expel/suspend students at ANY given time as it deems fit. And how many students sef? In 2011, Unilorin EXPELLED 1,175 students. So if you think CU is wicked, think again...more so, they suspended them.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2014
uzolexis:

people get suspended for double piercing? what if you already had double piercing before getting into the school does it mean that pple who want to study in covenant but have double piercing like me will be refused admisson?

before you are admitted, you declare all tatoos and extra piercings at the health centre which is documented. Any additional piercing would get you suspended
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
like i said, the norm was to suspend defaulting students at the start of the next semester
and to suspend them for such trivial issues?
They should cease from defaulting
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 15, 2014
Vikky014:
U R USING PHONE.LEMME GO AND REPORT YOU.

Browsing with my Laptop, fast internet connection here. There are several call booths here plus each student is issued with an airtel call card. I also have my Ipad here, do i really need a phone?
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
Yeah since when did double piercings warrant suspension?

since it was entered in the handbook
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Vikky014(f): 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
mrryon:

Browsing with my Laptop, fast internet connection here. There are several call booths here plus each student is issued with an airtel call card. I also have my Ipad here, do i really need a phone?
dnt worry am coming right now.i saw u wt a phone!!!!!! wink
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by abbakacici: 8:53pm On Oct 15, 2014
you guys are very funny do you know that average age of nigerian ungrad is 17 and how many 17 years have access to more 1.5-2 million an average private university, so the question why the suspend student choice the University is out of the question is their parent choice. i meet student from fountain, crescent and madonna university in camp, and almost all of them said that religious private university are not their first, two fail jamb, one his parent think he is too young to travel abroad thus he went to fountain, while the guy that went to madonna he dad belive that the religious value of the university will make him a better person.

secondly how many fresher read the big hand book the school give them, and this is not a nigerian problem is universal problem for example like than 15% of American ungrad read their hand books, less than 5% read phone contract the list goes on.

lastly piercing i get it does look nice or professional but expecting a 17-21 year old not to used phone for 3/4 months sound weird so when a student want to call home how will he go about it, funny enough the school is offering post grad course thus the same rule apply to 25/30 year old
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by jeje123(m): 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2014
Rules and regulations are made for human being and i believe those that concerned know what they signed for. Go to advanced countries you find out that many Nigerians are serving jail terms due failure to oblige simple instructions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which Of These Schools Did You Ever Attend??? Categories Of Schools. / Grammatical Errors That Welcomed President Buhari Home / Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61