Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. (1508 Views)

60 Days: Buhari Yet To Fulfill Any Electoral Promises – PDP. / Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson / Subsidy Fraud: Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) Must Repay N5 Billion Within 60 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 15, 2014
The UN says the ebola outbreak must be controlled within 60 days or else the world faces
an "unprecedented" situation for which there is
no plan.
The United Nations made the stark warning as it
warned that the disease "is running faster than
us and it is winning the race".
Nearly 9,000 cases of ebola have been reported
so far in West Africa, including 4,447 deaths.
"The WHO advises within 60 days we must ensure
70% of infected people are in a care facility and
70% of burials are done without causing further
infection," said Anthony Banbury, the UN's
deputy ebola coordinator.
"We need to do that within 60 days from 1
October. If we reach these targets then we can
turn this epidemic around."
[url]news.sky.com/story/1352857/sixty-days-to-beat-ebola-united-nations-warns[/url]

1 Like

Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 15, 2014
Nigeria has done well in the fight against the scourge ebola, but this is no time to relax. The mere proximity of nations still battling the disease means Nigeria is still at risk.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by 1shortblackboy: 9:12am On Oct 15, 2014
The world wasn't in big trouble wen it was just west Africa abi ? Now e don enter USA and Europe now the world is in Big trouble. O Mase o !

10 Likes

Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by talktimi(m): 9:20am On Oct 15, 2014
Chewing bitter cola seriously while I observe lipsrsealed
Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by deeblizbaba(m): 9:24am On Oct 15, 2014
Ebola z now a forgotten disease in 9ja so we no dey fear grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 15, 2014
talktimi:
Chewing bitter cola seriously while I observe lipsrsealed

Polish yaself in a big bowl of salt too!
Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by talktimi(m): 9:32am On Oct 15, 2014
smartchoice:

Polish yaself in a big bowl of salt too!
cheesy angry
Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by omenka(m): 9:49am On Oct 15, 2014
CoolHunk:
Nigeria has done well in the fight against the scourge ebola, but this is no time to relax. The mere proximity of nations still battling the disease means Nigeria is still at risk.
Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by RockMaxi: 10:15am On Oct 15, 2014
1shortblackboy:
The world wasn't in big trouble wen it was just west Africa abi ? Now e don enter USA and Europe now the world is in Big trouble. O Mase o !

You got the gist. grin One will think Nigeria was about to be wiped out totally the way CNN and BBC aired the news of the outbreak in Nigeria but thanks to God almighty that can do the impossible. cool

All hands should be on deck now to stop this diseases even those countries that thought it was a black man's disease. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
1shortblackboy:
RockMaxi:

You got the gist. grin One will think Nigeria was about to be wiped out totally the way CNN and BBC aired the news of the outbreak in Nigeria but thanks to God almighty that can do the impossible. cool

All hands should be on deck now to stop this diseases even those countries that thought it was a black man's disease. undecided

A second healthcare worker has just been confirmed to have contracted ebola. Americans are now very scared. Look at this comment I copied from an American forum:

We took it for granted, comments like "well, we
have a more advanced healthcare system capable of handling this compared to africa.. blah blah" were the all over ebola threads last weeks, comments with information about the epidemic were being ignored for puns and jokes..
i'll be in my bunker

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
Certainly, all hands on deck now! Or... I can't even fathom the consequences...

1 Like

Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
Let every nigerian bring 10 blocks each so that we can build a fence round Nigeria..

Na beg I dey beg o..
Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 15, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
Let every nigerian bring 10 blocks each so that we can build a fence round Nigeria..

Na beg I dey beg o..
LMAO...funniest comment I've seen today.
You heard the man. Submit your blocks to Seun at his office.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by Wallie(m): 4:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
CoolHunk:

A second healthcare worker has just been confirmed to have contracted ebola. Americans are now very scared. Look at this comment I copied from an American forum:

Rejoicing a little too soon, perhaps?

This is a deadly disease that we dodged a bullet on due to luck being on our side. If Ebola becomes a full blown pandemic across neighboring countries do you think our porous border will keep us safe?

We got lucky with the last outbreak because the high level official got sick at the airport and was taking to one of the best clinics in Lagos that treats expatriates.

Can you imagine if the index patient had crossed into Nigeria through Cotonou in a public bus and headed to one of the slums in Lagos? How long do you think it will be before the patient sees a doctor in one of the state hospitals that is capable of testing for Ebola? How many acquaintances, family members, passengers, patients, nurses, and doctors do you think such a person will infect along the way?
Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by Articul8(m): 4:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
They should tell that to d sculptor. Tot they were bragging they av d cure. They shld use it to contain it.
Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by Articul8(m): 4:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
They should tell that to d sculptors. Tot they were bragging they av d cure. They shld use it to contain it.
Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by lilprinze: 4:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
So now that Ebola has entered the almighty USA
and Europe the world is in big trouble ba but when Ebola was in Guinea,Liberia and Sierra Leone the world was still in small trouble ba.
What even happened to their zmapp I guess it went on vacation.
Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by focus7: 5:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
When ebola plague Africa it was not a threat to the world but Africa's problem and now that it moves to the US and EU it becomes a threat to the world, this is a fraud. I remember some EU countries were stigmatising Nigerians and other Africans then, I thing the right thing to do at this time is to stigmatise the citizens from US and EU, Africa countries should properly scrutinise them and make them go through rigours before they could be allowed to enter Africa or transact any business with them, they all should be treated as ebola suspect including Obama.
Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
I still have this feeling that Nigeria may witness another Ebola incidence.
Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 15, 2014
Wallie:

Rejoicing a little too soon, perhaps?

This is a deadly disease that we dodged a bullet on due to luck being on our side. If Ebola becomes a full blown pandemic across neighboring countries do you think our porous border will keep us safe?

We got lucky with the last outbreak because the high level official got sick at the airport and was taking to one of the best clinics in Lagos that treats expatriates.

Can you imagine if the index patient had crossed into Nigeria through Cotonou in a public bus and headed to one of the slums in Lagos? How long do you think it will be before the patient sees a doctor in one of the state hospitals that is capable of testing for Ebola? How many acquaintances, family members, passengers, patients, nurses, and doctors do you think such a person will infect along the way?
Exactly my point. And I'm not rejoicing yet. We have to stay alert.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 15, 2014
lilprinze:
So now that Ebola has entered the almighty USA
and Europe the world is in big trouble ba but when Ebola was in Guinea,Liberia and Sierra Leone the world was still in small trouble ba.
What even happened to their zmapp I guess it went on vacation.
Zmapp? Out of stock.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
focus7:
When ebola plague Africa it was not a threat to the world but Africa's problem and now that it moves to the US and EU it becomes a threat to the world, this is a fraud. I remember some EU countries were stigmatising Nigerians and other Africans then, I thing the right thing to do at this time is to stigmatise the citizens from US and EU, Africa countries should properly scrutinise them and make them go through rigours before they could be allowed to enter Africa or transact any business with them, they all should be treated as ebola suspect including Obama.
Of course. If it spreads there, other countries have to screen US citizens for Ebola.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
chimoz:
I still have this feeling that Nigeria may witness another Ebola incidence.
Yes. Ebola isn't out of the picture just yet. I hope the Nigerian government shares the same sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by marquiseT(f): 10:48am On Oct 16, 2014
Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by neighy(m): 10:52am On Oct 16, 2014
Maybe US should Import Nigerian Made Salt and Sachet Water
Re: Ebola Must Be Contained In 60 Days Or The World Is In Big Trouble - UN. by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 22, 2014
neighy:
Maybe US should Import Nigerian Made Salt and Sachet Water
Lol...import ignorance, you mean.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See What Pastor Kumuyi Told Governor Fayose / Obasanjo Speaks On General Buhari / PHOTO : Woman with baby mistaken to have Ebola Symptoms in Lagos Motor Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.