Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,410 members, 7,800,853 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics (60020 Views)

Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics / Walden University Is On My Neck. / Which Federal University is the cheapest in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by emmygzy(m): 9:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
prettyboi1989:

Lol, so wats bad in building multiple storeys? A skyscraper made of multiple storeys is a wonder on its own. The CU chapel (3000 capacity( and faith tabernacle (50000 capacity) has no pillars within it. Its an architectural wonder
with concrete roofing abi aluminium roofing? Answer that first. If its aluminium roofing then no wonder because with aluminium, you can span anything. Visit OAU and see the difference between between the structures. The structures in covenant university is a typical Nigerian simple structure designed by Nigerian architects. Visit OAU and ABU and compare their structures to CU's structures then you'll the difference between oyinbos structure and Nigerian structures.
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by Sibrah: 9:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ui is far better . . .
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by IGWISE(m): 10:03pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nice
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by Tbamo(m): 10:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
I go to covenant a lot but I keep telling my friends there that their school looks plastic and can't stand close to the architectural masterpieces in OAU or UI,and I hear even ABU!
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by SuperT(m): 10:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
KiddaBlingzz:
it should be t.he best or so.

but its being funded and maintained by the masses in the form of the billions they pay in offering and tithes.

the money is much to the extent that they can not begin to spend all of it so they channell some to the school.

not forgetting the exorbitant fees their students pay.

How much is your own offering and tithes you have paid this year to your church? Go and start your own church too and build and see how it
easy to collect tithes and offering...
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by AmasB(f): 10:59pm On Oct 15, 2014
this greate.the best
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by suregurl(f): 11:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
lawrenzez:
Y is dat wen it comes to covenant university people here will all bring out dia pessimistic characteristics of seeing d cup half empty. Smh, dats my alma mater, irrespective of d names u haters call it, It can't stop dia progress n international recognition...ya'l are practicing law36 of d 48 laws of power *disdain wat u can't have* so wen ya'l are talking I understand where ur coming from. Hi haters!!! grin grin
wow....i mean no harm man!
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by Elxandre(m): 12:16am On Oct 16, 2014
Thread reeks of ignorance...
Almost all of you haven't even been to many schools, but are quick to adjudge your schools the best.
Looking at this technically, if you can't point out other schools aside OAU&UI&ABU to compete with Covenant, that means Covenant is terrific cheesy
Emmygyz, because Nigerian architects designed CU, does that make it inferior? (inferiority complex much?)
You are a Nigerian architect, but you think you and your fellow professionals are ordinary!!! Not cool bro.

I personally find their rules repulsive for an adult, but no doubt that they have great structures.

Francistony , The way you take love this your UI ehn, na God go save you ooo! grin
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by Skmoda360(m): 12:50am On Oct 16, 2014
suregurl:
so, what should we do now?
i dnt knw for him
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by knowledge4(m): 8:04am On Oct 16, 2014
Magnificent buildings they are and owned by a church.
Many Government owned universities do not have such.
Anyway,is it the beauty of the university buildings that really matter or the value that the institutions add to the life of the student?
When someone graduates from a beautiful school and goes on to steal $14000 public fund like one Corper did,what statement is that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by Unclerukus: 8:09am On Oct 16, 2014
Nigerians are so shallow in their reasoning. How does the buildings make it the best?,on what basis has infrastructure been the benchmark for being academically superior?. I have been to Malaysia and if you see their universities there, they are better and futuristic infrastructure than you see in most if not all ivy league universities in the U.S, but where are they ranked? Covenant is cool but I don't rate it academically, it is made up of pampered mummy and daddy's kid, you're most likely to sit in lecture halls with a lot of 16 and 17 years olds when you attend such schools. They are still kids so I guess the curfews and all childish rules. I'll prefer my kids abroad or in a govt owned varsity than covenant so they learn the ropes of staying alone and maturing as adults.
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 16, 2014
YemziAdez:

Lol yea hashirama is also good
Buh I'll go for tobirama tongue
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by Tunagee(m): 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
[quote author=nikaShow post=27158387]@ OP ,
You've obviously never been to Obafemi Awolowo University

That is if you are rating the universities by only buildings...

/quote]

Bros leave that story. OAU can never be as fine as these.
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by obosirow: 1:57pm On Oct 16, 2014
Covenant University / Winners Chapel, turned from FOREST to FOTRESS!
Our God is an awesome God.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by YemziAdez(m): 3:42pm On Oct 16, 2014
kulkatty:

Lol yea hashirama is also good
Buh I'll go for tobirama tongue
Hashirama is The Boss followed by Uzumaki Naruto.#FACT#
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by Agesrodryck: 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2014
"Recte Sapere Fons" I rep University of Ibadan, the First n Best... Infrastructural decoration is never the best criterion to ranking institution. Not all that glitters is gold.
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by malbro(m): 11:06pm On Oct 16, 2014
My brother help me ask them...
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by Godskidmidas(m): 11:19pm On Oct 16, 2014
in terms of structures, covenant university has no match
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by Godskidmidas(m): 11:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
FrancisTony:
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

OP, you haven't seen University of Ibadan- Recte Sapere Fons.

Smh

www.nairaland.com/attachments/809846_0017_VET_MEDICINE_2_jpg3ae9e78886b9fe415f20c4490b6c3675

these buildings are old na
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by NifemiOlu(m): 7:39am On Oct 17, 2014
All these students of private schools can't stop being funny. How many universities have you visited? Virtually all private schools are less than 12 years in existence and you feel comparing them with schools established in the 50's, 60's and 70's is 'academic'. Now, even if you did compare them, have you been to OAU, you will see structures and collapse, have you been to UI, have you been to Unilorin (my school). Undoubtedly, CU is the fastest growing school now and in a few years, it will be a strong force. So, OP, the word 'best' is relative. Best in structures or academic stability? If stability, have you been to Unilorin in that regard?
To me, seeing threads like 'best school in Nigeria...' 'Most beautiful...' are just signs of myopia. Go to other places, see things before you compare.
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by NifemiOlu(m): 7:41am On Oct 17, 2014
Godskidmidas:
in terms of structures, covenant university has no match

Go to OAU. Then judge.
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by Godskidmidas(m): 9:29am On Oct 17, 2014
NifemiOlu:

Go to OAU. Then judge.
OAU no doubt is a big school with a large landmass, but you'd agree with me that many of its structures are old
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by teebaxy(m): 11:38am On Oct 17, 2014
lilprinze:
The school is truly beautiful. Point of correction OP convent University Is The Best private university in Nigeria.
LANDMARK UNIVERSITY IS BEST PRIVATE AND 5TH BEST IN NIGERIA. CHECK GOOGLE
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by NifemiOlu(m): 2:45pm On Oct 17, 2014
Godskidmidas:

OAU no doubt is a big school with a large landmass, but you'd agree with me that many of its structures are old

Despite the fact that they're old, they still compete 'till tomorrow'. The designs are not Nigerian-inspired. Have you actually toured the school? My guess is no.
As per land mass, Unilorin is the largest in Nigeria (about 15,000 hectares) while OAU is about 11,000 hectares)
Lastly, I suggest many people should visit other places and stop being myopic. As at 2012, I used to think Unilorin had the cheapest school fees and I bragged about it for so long until I went for NYSC. A final year student pays around 12k (Unilorin) but when I got to OAU, I found out they were paying like 5k. That was when I saw that subjectivity mixed with myopic view of things is dangerous.
#Peace
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by Godskidmidas(m): 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
NifemiOlu:

Despite the fact that they're old, they still compete 'till tomorrow'. The designs are not Nigerian-inspired. Have you actually toured the school? My guess is no.
As per land mass, Unilorin is the largest in Nigeria (about 15,000 hectares) while OAU is about 11,000 hectares)
Lastly, I suggest many people should visit other places and stop being myopic. As at 2012, I used to think Unilorin had the cheapest school fees and I bragged about it for so long until I went for NYSC. A final year student pays around 12k (Unilorin) but when I got to OAU, I found out they were paying like 5k. That was when I saw that subjectivity mixed with myopic view of things is dangerous.
#Peace
Firstly, I never said OAU was the biggest in Nigeria, I only said it had a large landmass which you attested to.
Secondly,I never said OAU doesn't have good structures but I said the structures were old which you, again,attested to. so apparently, you've attested to both points of mine,so why are we still in disagreement?. well,I'll maintain my original assertion which is "in terms of structures, currently, covenant university has no match."
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by NifemiOlu(m): 4:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
Godskidmidas:

Firstly, I never said OAU was the biggest in Nigeria, I only said it had a large landmass which you attested to.
Secondly,I never said OAU doesn't have good structures but I said the structures were old which you, again,attested to. so apparently, you've attested to both points of mine,so why are we still in disagreement?. well,I'll maintain my original assertion which is "in terms of structures, currently, covenant university has no match."

I was only using instances.
The summary of my post is "no matter the basis of a variable you're using, be sure to check other places before you submit or make an assertion".
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by Godskidmidas(m): 5:33pm On Oct 17, 2014
NifemiOlu:

I was only using instances.
The summary of my post is "no matter the basis of a variable you're using, be sure to check other places before you submit or make an assertion".
OK sire
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics by Saaog(m): 8:27am On Oct 20, 2014
Folks are so ludicrous covenant has the best infrastructure in nigeria still non of its products are making waves in nigria federal universities are still the best dey integrate the intellectual and profound students unlike private if u ve ur money weda u are brilliant or not dey accept u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adepelumi Adekunle: Akure ‘Explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors Not Explosives / Daughter Faked Studying Medicine At Oxford Uni To Con Penniless Mum (Pics) / My Basic 6 Daughter's Textbook Has Sex Themed Comprehension Passage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.