Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,268 members, 7,780,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:23 PM

Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 (7467 Views)

Photo: Kia Vs Volkswagen Vs Mini Cooper Vs Hyundai / Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 / Hyundai Recalls Some Sante Fe And Sonata Cars Because Of Possible Air Bag Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 9:54am On Oct 15, 2014
With this new automotive policy, the Government is trying to redirect our orientation from getting the best of things in life. A friend of mine just bought a brand new Hyundai Sante Fe for N7m and he is comparing the motor to a 2007 BMW X6, that his motor is better than the machine. Please I want everyone to comment. I rather buy a 2001 Mecedes E class than buy a 2014 Hyundai brand of any shape.

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by FlyboyZee: 10:09am On Oct 15, 2014
Tell your friend that there is absolutely no basis for comparism, both in price and quality/performance between the Beamer and The 'I wan Die'.

Advice him to compare his 'machine' (sic) lol to Toyota RAV 4 or Honda's CRV which is about the same price as his gongoni, but playing in a lower league.

Teach him never to mention BMW and Hyundai in the same sentence, even if he is just listing car manufacturers.

Let him understand that Banana Island and Ajegunle are both in Lagos State, but they are at the 2 ends of pole separated by the pole itself.

Tell your friend that we Nairalanders understand the euphoria he is basking in, as in buying a brand new car for the first time, but that is not enough reason to insult a BMW.

Explain to him that we apprecaiate the Koreans, they are trying, but BMW is way out of their league. Tell your friend to go and ask for the price of a used 2010 BMW X6 before he opens his mouth to talk in public next.

Thank you for understanding with me and advising your friend.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by lonelydora: 10:16am On Oct 15, 2014
There is nothing to compare. In Saclux paint advert voice, "they no get compare"
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by LeJeun3: 10:42am On Oct 15, 2014

Boss, tell ya friend to wake up!

Na dream him dey dream o....

grin
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by abatically(m): 11:42am On Oct 15, 2014
sooperrescue:
With this new automotive policy, the Government is trying to redirect our orientation from getting the best of things in life. A friend of mine just bought a brand new Hyundai Sante Fe for N7m and he is comparing the motor to a 2007 BMW X6, that his motor is better than the machine. Please I want everyone to comment. I rather buy a 2001 Mecedes E class than buy a 2014 Hyundai brand of any shape.

Tell ur friend to take that his Santa fe and shove it off his as$. Comparing a mid size crossover to a luxury crossover.
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by MYAs2011: 11:56am On Oct 15, 2014
E NO GO BETTER FOR HYUNDAI................ TALKINNG OF BALANCING AND DRIFTING..... BMW IS NUMBER ONE ........
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by Homguy(m): 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
See bashing grin grin grin the only/major advantage your santa fe friend has is cheaper maintenance costs and possibly lower Odds for vehicle component failure relative to the X6. I also think the santa fe looks a tad more spacious than the Beemer, skipping these,that X6 calls the shots.
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
This is like comparing Genevieve Nnaji with Tiwa Savage. cry

They are not in the same league. angry

The Santa-Fe can be compared with models such as the sportage, cr-v, ix35 or Rav4. angry

2 Likes

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 1:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
Hmmmm. He said that he can add more than 10 phones to the bluetooth in the car while the BMW has only four slots. That the Santa fe has a three seater while the BMW has just 2. But the reality on ground is that the Hyundai is becoming the no 1 best selling motor brand in Nigeria today while the BMW is a luxury that is becoming very prohibitive in terms of maintenance and the cost of putting the BMW on the road is becoming like a hot knife in a butter, woes and griefs. I have been driving this BMW X6 for sometime now and I was about to let go of my Range Sports but decided to quickly wake up from my short trance. I have also driven the X6 M and I say that driving that ride is something else but the cost of keeping these BMW s on the road is something we need to discuss. Why are Range Rovers, BMWs, Mercedes Benz s ownership becoming a burden instead of a thrill? Is the Government now justified giving us Hyundais, Nissans, Innoson and Peugeots, instead of BMWs, Benzs, Lexus, Range Rovers to reduce our burden? Why is there no fuel for these high end cars? Why must we wait for 2016 when Dangote's refinery commences operation before Nigeria can now produce Premium unleaded fuel? Ghana uses Premium and yet they dont have half of the cars that is in Lagos. Why, o why I think that it because of these reasons, my friend could boast of his new car when the BMW is seated majestically. Lion na Lion whether e dey bush or e dey Zoo but nowadays, we don dey confuse........

2 Likes

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by FADEO: 1:53pm On Oct 15, 2014
FlyboyZee:
Tell your friend that there is absolutely no basis for comparism, both in price and quality/performance between the Beamer and The 'I wan Die'.

Advice him to compare his 'machine' (sic) lol to Toyota RAV 4 or Honda's CRV which is about the same price as his gongoni, but playing in a lower league.

Teach him never to mention BMW and Hyundai in the same sentence, even if he is just listing car manufacturers.

Let him understand that Banana Island and Ajegunle are both in Lagos State, but they are at the 2 ends of pole separated by the pole itself.

Tell your friend that we Nairalanders understand the euphoria he is basking in, as in buying a brand new car for the first time, but that is not enough reason to insult a BMW.

Explain to him that we apprecaiate the Koreans, they are trying, but BMW is way out of their league. Tell your friend to go and ask for the price of a used 2010 BMW X6 before he opens his mouth to talk in public next.

Bros na your head correct pass for this world. there is nothing i need to say again but that the Ops should tell his friend that a brand new BMW X6 is over 20M. and please let him drive your german machine on 3rd Mainland bridge on a light traffic day and feel the torque or he should just visit www.auto.aol.com and see the cars in the class of the BMW. you cant evern compare a korean man to a german man. there are on different lane. And comparing a 2007 car to a 2014 car is a misplace comparison. OPS i fit slap that your friend if he talk am for my presence self, i go come apologies say na mistake i do. And you sure say no be you dey do this comparison self codedly

1 Like

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by abatically(m): 2:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
Victoriousvic:
This is like comparing Genevieve Nnaji with Tiwa Savage. cry

They are not in the same league. angry

The Santa-Fe can be compared with models such as the sportage, cr-v, ix35 or Rav4. angry

The Santa fe is higher than cr-v, ix35 and rav 4. It can be compared with the highlander or pilot, but not a match for the bmw x6. But for someone that has a big family or carries a lot of luggage, the hyundai has the upper hand , or he should just get the bmw x5 as they are both bigger than the x6 which is a crossover coupe.

1 Like

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by xerotop(m): 4:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
Teach him never to mention BMW and Hyundai in the same sentence, even if he is just listing car manufacturers

The above statement is the best av heard this year.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
Is this what it has become now?

We're going to start comparing BMWs to Hyundais?
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by nissparts(m): 6:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
I would rather own the Santa Fe in this instance.

1 Like

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by Homguy(m): 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
nissparts:
I would rather own the Santa Fe in this instance.
Renegade alert!
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by inze(m): 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
xerotop:

Teach him never to mention BMW and Hyundai in the same sentence, even if he is just listing car manufacturers

The above statement is the best av heard this year.

I Thought i was the only one
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 8:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
Bros na your head correct pass for this world. there is nothing i need to say again but that the Ops should tell his friend that a brand new BMW X6 is over 20M. and please let him drive your german machine on 3rd Mainland bridge on a light traffic day and feel the torque or he should just visit www.auto.aol.com and see the cars in the class of the BMW. you cant evern compare a korean man to a german man. there are on different lane. And comparing a 2007 car to a 2014 car is a misplace comparison. OPS i fit slap that your friend if he talk am for my presence self, i go come apologies say na mistake i do. And you sure say no be you dey do this comparison self codedly

Hmmmm. Please dont slap him. He is basking in the euphoria that he bought another brand jeep. His previous car was a Hyundai Tucson that I have been telling him to give to his 18 year old daughter cos the Tucson was a baby jeep. But my preference anyday is that I will rather buy a 2007 X6 than to buy a 2014 Santa Fe, Prado, Pilot or Murano. I will also choose a 2001 Mecedes E240 than for me to buy a 2014 Camry, Accord, Kia and Hyundai brands of cars. But the reason my friend gave is what I am still pondering and which Homguy also stated is the maintenance cost. The cost of keeping BMW on the road for 365 days is very prohibitive while the Santa Fe will just walk by. Like a guy once told me, the cost of acquiring a BMW is not a major issue, it is the cost of keeping it on the road that matters. Let the owners of BMW give us the review of the BMW. The cost of maintenance, how many days in a year, the BMW was on the road....... Any one in the house?
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
sooperrescue:

Hmmmm. Please dont slap him. He is basking in the euphoria that he bought another brand jeep. His previous car was a Hyundai Tucson that I have been telling him to give to his 18 year old daughter cos the Tucson was a baby jeep. But my preference anyday is that I will rather buy a 2007 X6 than to buy a 2014 Santa Fe, Prado, Pilot or Murano. I will also choose a 2001 Mecedes E240 than for me to buy a 2014 Camry, Accord, Kia and Hyundai brands of cars. But the reason my friend gave is what I am still pondering and which Homguy also stated is the maintenance cost. The cost of keeping BMW on the road for 365 days is very prohibitive while the Santa Fe will just walk by. Like a guy once told me, the cost of acquiring a BMW is not a major issue, it is the cost of keeping it on the road that matters. Let the owners of BMW give us the review of the BMW. The cost of maintenance, how many days in a year, the BMW was on the road....... Any one in the house?

That's a fallacy.

If you feed the BMW correctly and take it to get his shots regularly then you'll have a fine horse.

It's those who buy a car that they cannot afford its care that give these brands a bad name.

If you're a struggling civil servant then you have no business buying any German car at any price. They are intricate machines that requires maintenance but they'll reward you with exquisite luxury and mind bending performance.

I've cycled Audi, BMW, VW, Porsche, Benz through the fleet and nothing jumps out as being prohibitive for me not to buy another.

We have a ridiculous "wait until it breaks and then you fix it" mentality towards cars in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by bimbor(m): 10:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
FlyboyZee:

Lol grin grin cheesy
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by MYAs2011: 1:06am On Oct 16, 2014
Bmw is for BIGGGGEEEEEESSSSSSTTTTTTTTT BBBBBBBOOOOOOOYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSS............. HyundaI is just for the low class......... If u be poor man ,no just try go buy bmw because u cant maintain it,shey u wan dey drink garri and ground nut for the rest of ur life ni? Cos the maintainance go cut ur lungs......... So if u bi poor man NO BUY BMW OOOOOO........ IS NOT BY FORCE TO BE THE BIGGEST BOY IN TOWN....
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by MYAs2011: 1:09am On Oct 16, 2014
When u hear GERMANY MACHINE....... DONT GO THERE............ THAT IS EXTREME TECHNOLOGY........ E NO GO BETTER FOR CHIKO TECH
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 8:07am On Oct 16, 2014
Good inputs. Why then must the repairs of a BMW be prohibitive if it is that good? Does the idea of being a big boy mean that you should make your BMW mechanic a joint signatory to your account like Lejuen 3 once suggested to me concerning his Range Rover Sport?
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by IdaraCHODB(m): 8:59am On Oct 16, 2014
I love BMWs but it seems BMW doesn't want owners to fix their cars, my evidence is that they don't allow users to access technical data via sources like alldatadiy. That being the case, the vehicle is a black box, and you need a diviner in the form of the dealership aka stealership to make sacrifices on your behalf and commune with the Gods should anything go wrong, that comes at a huge price.

it didnt use to be so, but recent BMWs seem to be like i described above

I stand corrected, speaking based on what I have observed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by kmoneyman: 9:08am On Oct 16, 2014
who is trying to compare a bicycle to a harley davidson bike.pls remove that hyundai from here joor!

1 Like

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 12:01pm On Oct 16, 2014
I have a customer in Abuja who begged me to please contact the sister in Lagos because the Coscharis boys are building a house with her money. There is always an issue that requires money. It is true that the owners wait for something to happen before they repair but how can the owner go for routine maintenance with the mindset of garages around us who see every BMW owner as a conduit pipe to improve on their financial status Coscharis inclusive. Honda Place fixed a customer's Acura MDS for N209k for fuel related issues. They changed the plugs for 40k, oxygen sensors for 120k when they know that cylinder misfire on an Acura is caused by the low octane fuel being used on the Acura. If Honda Place nor sabi, then who go sabi.
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by tyor: 12:58pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ah......Oga Sooper!

there is no basis for comparison! the choice for anyone depends on ur financial strength and usage of the machine. i believe your friend said that because the Sonata meets his requirement of a car to be proud of. Some speed-mongers and class-addicts would rather opt for a 2001 M5 to 2017 Sonata/Sonatress.

I rode in a friend's Audi Q7, and later that day, saw a documentary about Audi Q7 on BBC's Top Gear......The Europeans still make a statement with their cars "We colonized the Chinese, Japanese and Koreans"

1 Like

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 1:24pm On Oct 16, 2014
I used to follow a friend of mine who was a member of BMW Club of Zurich to their meetings. Every Saturday, they all go to Germany which is next door, to stretch their machines on the Autobahn. Driving the M5 on 260kms, he noticed a Porsche Carrera gliding towards him and zoomed past him.
Fear catch fear. That was in the late 90s. The bottom line was that Emil Frey SA, the BMW dealer was not a point and kill garage. You dont have to be rich to buy a BMW. The only big deal is the insurance and the road tax. The possibility of buying a BMW and paying 20 francs per day as a lease option was rampant and anyone who can pay 600 sfrs a month can buy even the M series like my friend did. He later sold the car because he was always paying the police, fines on a daily basis and in the end they took his driver's license from him for overspeeding. So how can owning a BMW here in Nigeria become another issue?
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by Frankdamaxx(m): 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2014
In theory and magazines, the X6 is the bomb, but in practice and real life use. Many would take the Sante fe. I would.

1 Like

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by psp2pc(m): 10:09am On Oct 17, 2014
Hyundai is the poor man BMW

1 Like

Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by bellong: 11:39am On Oct 17, 2014
FlyboyZee... You don vex cheesy cheesy cheesy

Op,

There's something called proactive maintenance. It is what the German machines need unlike our reactive tendencies.

If you are proactive, maintaining any of the German weapon is a walk in the park.
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 17, 2014
If ur friend is talkin brand new he win dat(cos d x6 is tokunbo) but other tinz wit d bm he should forget it
Re: Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 by sooperrescue(m): 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2014
b1327:
If ur friend is talkin brand new he win dat(cos d x6 is tokunbo) but other tinz wit d bm he should forget it
The Santa Fe is brand New. Just 7000 kms as at the time of the foto. But the issue is owning a 2007 BMW X6 that will drill holes in your account and owning a 2014 Hyundai that is just the latest wakapass.

bellong:
FlyboyZee... You don vex cheesy cheesy cheesy
Op,
There's something called proactive maintenance. It is what the German machines need unlike our reactive tendencies.
If you are proactive, maintaining any of the German weapon is a walk in the park.

No one bothers with proactive maintenance because the garages will take advantage of you. There was a garage who told their client that his brake pad is 45% low and therefore they changed his Range Sport front and rear brake pads for N120,000. So much for being proactive in this country.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

2004 Toyota Corolla Sport Or 2005 Mercedez Benz C230 Komporessor ??? / A/c Compressor Issue / 5 Ways Nigerians Can Save Money On Car Repairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.