Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,041 members, 7,807,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's (17997 Views)

Why Do Some Married Women Enjoy Their Husband Begging For Sex? / HOT TOPIC: Advice For Married Women Denying Their Husband Conjugal "Rights" / Nigerians With English Surnames (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by tmosco(m): 7:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
BananaBender:

You are undoubtedly r*etarded, if you took a woman is yours because she bears your last name.

Give me a marriage that was successful because the woman changed her last name to that of her husband.

Dis why I hate arguing wit kids, dey results to insult because dey don't understand. Love comes from small things 2 me d reason 4 taking my name shows she respect me and she is humble, it just a small part in all d things l like. To me if u decide to keep ur name just because her friend bananabender is doing it den she is not committed 2 d marriage simple. If she keeps her name that doesn't mine I will also have an happy marriage.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
tmosco:

Of course it is her choice, marriage is also a choice. D husband can either accept or not. She can decide to av an happy marriage or not. Every human being has a choice to do some thing stupid. A man cannot force a woman 2 marry him.

The man's acceptance or permission is not needed here, the husband has no weight in this matter. grin grin grin If he doesn't like her choice, then the woman can always kick him out of her life.

It is also a man's choice to marry a woman suffering from low self-esteem that will change her name to his and be mother to his kids; and she will thereby pass on her self-esteem issues to her children. tongue

No marriage on this planet earth was successful because the wife changed her last name to her husband's. Don't be stup1d, you are repeatedly sounding like someone who can't think.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by tmosco(m): 7:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
BananaBender:

The man's acceptance or permission is not needed here, the husband has no weight in this matter. grin grin grin If he doesn't like her choice, then the woman can always kick him out of her life.

It is also a man's choice to marry a woman suffering from low self-esteem that will change her name to his and be mother to his kids; and she will thereby pass on her self-esteem issues to her children. tongue

No marriage on this planet earth was successful because the wife changed her last name to her husband's. Don't be stup1d, you are repeatedly sounding like someone who can't think.

No marriage was also successful because she kept her name. It d reason 4 her changing dat can make d marriage successful.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:

When you turn a successful strong brother, who went against all odds, from riding shotgun with druglords - and hustling on the street corners of Marcy projects - into a male-feminist. Then, that's the emasculation of the black man right there. Stop the madness - Jay Z has never, and will never support ya feminism pipe-dream.

Well, Mathew Knowles "shopped" Beyonce to a few hip hop artists, before she finally settled with Jay Z. And actually, before Jay Z, they did set Beyonce up with Nas - but allegedly, Nas never liked her because she has/had bad breath. Usher was also in the picture as well, but that also never materialised. Everything was for her solo career, and Mathew Knowles was involved. Business deal - and nothing more.

The others are inconsequential - I don't care about them.

These are the things Shymex is proud of. undecided

2 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
tmosco:

Dis why I hate arguing wit kids, dey results to insult because dey don't understand. Love comes from small things 2 me d reason 4 taking my name shows she respect me, it just a small part in all d things l like. To me if u decide to keep ur name just because her friend bananabender is doing it den she is not committed 2 d marriage simple. If she keeps her doesn't mine I will also have an happy marriage.

I never insulted you, I used a conditional clause "if".

Let me rephrase, 'any man that thinks a woman belongs to him because she changed her last name to his is a r*etard!"

Let me follow your logic for a second,
You just said, a woman changing her last name to yours is a sign of respect. Right??

I am going to ask you this, Does a wife deserve respect from her husband?

If yes, why don't you also change your last name to hers since changing of last names is a sign of respect to you??
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by pickabeau1: 8:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
The news about jay z taking up Knowles name is at best a rumour until officially confirmed

http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2013/02/jayz_knowlescarter_name_change_is_a_just_a_rumor.html
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
carefreewannabe:

These are the things Shymex is proud of. undecided

Keep looking for cheap points. undecided

Proud of, or just telling you his background, and who he's beneath all the facade, and how he went against all odds to achieve greatness?

Hell yes, I'm proud of a guy who never had nothing, but built everything from the scratch. The forgotten stone, who became the cornerstone - that's a success story to be proud of. Especially when his networth is over $300 million.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
tmosco:

No marriage was also successful because she kept her name. It d reason 4 her changing dat can make d marriage successful.

Exactly! Therefore, it shouldn't matter if she changes her name or not.

Trust me, women change their names because that is what the society expects them to do. For the most part, a woman that changes her last name is only a product of the patriarchal society she grew up in.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:

Keep looking for cheap points. undecided

Proud of, or just telling you his background, and who he's beneath all the facade, and how he went against all odds to achieve greatness?

Hell yes, I'm proud of a guy who never had nothing, but built everything from the scratch. The forgotten stone, who became the cornerstone - that's a success story to be proud of. Especially when his networth is over $300 million.

You are proud of a successful strong brother, who went against all odds, from riding shotgun with druglords - and hustling on the street corners of Marcy projects but you have a problem with feminism?

Interesting. Very interesting.

3 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by tmosco(m): 8:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
BananaBender:

I never insulted you, I used a conditional clause "if".

Let me rephrase, 'any man that thinks a woman belongs to him because she changed her last name to his is a r*etard!"

Let me follow your logic for a second,
You just said, a woman changing her last name to yours is a sign of respect. Right??

I am going to ask you this, Does a wife deserve respect from her husband?

If yes, why don't you also change your last name to hers since changing of last names is a sign of respect to you??

Like I said my principles is based on d Bible. Adam named his wife, because dey are not more 2 but 1.He called her d bone of my bone and d flesh of my flesh. Paul said a man shud marry one woman. The husband 2 show love and d wife 2 respect. A man will choose respect over love asking him 2 chose one at gun point. 4 ladies since u are emotional creatures u will chose love. Dat why most husbands are older than their wives. Respect is important 2 dem. A woman dat decide 2 keep her name wit d husband aving no say does not respect him. Period
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You are proud of a successful strong brother, who went against all odds, from riding shotgun with druglords - and hustling on the street corners of Marcy projects but you have a problem with feminism?

Interesting. Very interesting.

And she strikes back! Lool

Gone back to old habits of unintelligent posts, no? How about ask me to tell you the meaning of "riding shotgun" before jumping to unintelligent conclusions again? Anyway, it seems you are a slow learner, and I will have to double up on my efforts, in trying to stimulate your cognitive reasoning.

Ok, how about tell me your myopic definition of what "riding shotgun" is? Let us start from there.

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
tmosco:

Like I said my principles is based on d Bible. Adam named his wife, because dey are not more 2 but 1.He called her d bone of my bone and d flesh of my flesh. Paul said a man shud marry one woman. The husband 2 show love and d wife 2 respect. A man will choose respect over love asking him 2 chose one at gun point. 4 ladies since u are emotional creatures u will chose love. Dat why most husbands are older than their wives. Respect is important 2 dem. A woman dat decide 2 keep her name wit u aving no say does not respect u. Period

You are not logically sound, at all.

Like, I am scared I might lose my patience with you. My brother, go on in ignorance
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
BananaBender:

Edited ya post after you finally saw ya folly, no? Loool

Keep Jigga's name out of it.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:

Edited ya post after you finally saw ya folly, no? Loool

Keep Jigga's name out of it.

I saw that carefreewannabe was already disciplining you, I thought you might die if I added my own a*ss whooping.

Shawn Knowles-Carter.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:

And she strikes back! Lool

Gone back to old habits of unintelligent posts, no? How about ask me to tell you the meaning of "riding shotgun" before jumping to unintelligent conclusions again? Anyway, it seems you are a slow learner, and I will have to double up on my efforts, in trying to stimulate your cognitive reasoning.

Ok, how about me your myopic definition of what "riding shotgun" is? Let us start from there.

Riding shotgun

Meaning

To travel as an armed guard next to a vehicle's driver. Latterly, (chiefly in the USA) - to travel in a car's front passenger seat.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/riding-shotgun.html

riding shotgun

Earning the right to ride in the front passenger seat of someone's car. This is also the direct opposite of "riding bitch," where you are sitting center-backseat, sandwiched by your friends (aka: riding gay, riding LovePeddler). It is "shotgun"'s responsibility for controlling car temperature, changing radio stations, calling out landmarks, and flagging down hot girls.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=riding%20shotgun

Now give us your sophisticated definition of that expression.

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
This is what I call a*ss whooping! grin grin grin

Shymex, my polygamous toy-boy, come let me rub aboniki on your yansh. This a*ss whooping is too much grin grin grin grin
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by tmosco(m): 8:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
BananaBender:

You are not logically sound, at all.

Like, I am scared I might lose my patience with you. My brother, go on in ignorance

Thanks, wishing u happy marriage life when or if u do.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Riding shotgun

Meaning

To travel as an armed guard next to a vehicle's driver. Latterly, (chiefly in the USA) - to travel in a car's front passenger seat.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/riding-shotgun.html

riding shotgun

Earning the right to ride in the front passenger seat of someone's car. This is also the direct opposite of "riding bitch," where you are sitting center-backseat, sandwiched by your friends (aka: riding gay, riding LovePeddler). It is "shotgun"'s responsibility for controlling car temperature, changing radio stations, calling out landmarks, and flagging down hot girls.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=riding%20shotgun

Now give us your sophisticated definition of that expression.

You can't make this up - bwahaha. So, you basically had to consult google, for a street terminology you don't understand - and the definitions you copied and pasted are way off from what ya initial posts were about.

Now tell me what's wrong in being in the front passenger seat, of people you grew up with in the same area, who might be top drug dealers? And how being in the same car as those who are more or less your friends a crime?

I await your response.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
BananaBender:

I saw that carefreewannabe was already disciplining you, I thought you might die if I added my own a*ss whooping.

Shawn Knowles-Carter.

Loool. Just watch how it unfolds.

She already crucified herself. That is why I always tell empty headed feminists to improve their cognitive reasoning.

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
Guys, please stop derailing.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:

Loool. Just watch how it unfolds.

She already crucified herself. That is why I always tell empty headed feminists to improve their cognitive reasoning.

I know what riding shotgun means in that context, I'm sure she also does.

She was only being smart with you, by using the formal/correct/English definition.

You half-witted chauvinists, can't detect someone messing with you because you have your dull head so far up your own a*sses.

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:

You can't make this up - bwahaha. So, you basically had to consult google, for a street terminology you don't understand - and the definitions you copied and pasted are way off from what ya initial posts were about.

Now tell me what's wrong in being in the front passenger seat, of people you grew up with in the same area, who might be top drug dealers? And how being in the same car as those who are more or less your friends a crime?

I await your response.

I prefer to consult dictionaries when people try to talk themselves out of something. wink

Is it not astonishing that people call other people b*ytch and w*hore and cheap and on the next day give a detailed account of their s*exapades on a public forum, which include encounters with the baddest girls of all, a*nal intercourse and an almost addictive consumption of po*rn?

Is it not remarkable that people come on a thread and are enraged at people bringing a rapper into the context of feminism but are perfectly ok with the rapper in the context of drug selling?

You can insult me as much as you want but it is you who is becoming famous for poor sense of judgement wink

2 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
BananaBender:

I know what riding shotgun is, I'm sure she also does.

She was only being smart with you, by suing the formal/correct/English definition.

You half-witted chauvinists, can't detect someone messing with you because you have your dull head so far up your a*ss.

Being smart or being utterly dumb? Ol'girl posted her first intelligent comment ever a few days ago, and I actually applauded her for the effort. And I thought that will usher in a new dawn. But hey, she's back to the old habits.

She's not messing with me - that's the classic "carefreewannabe." What do you expect from a "wannabe" that isn't the real thing? undecided

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I prefer to consult dictionaries when people try to talk themselves out of something. wink

[s]Is it not astonishing that people call other people b*ytch and w*hore and cheap and on the next day give a detailed account of their s*exapades on a public forum, which include encounters with the baddest girls of all, a*nal intercourse and an almost addictive consumption of po*rn?

Is it not remarkable that people come on a thread and are enraged at people bringing a rapper into the context of feminism but are perfectly ok with the rapper in the context of drug selling? [/s]

You can insult me as much as you want but it is you who is becoming famous for poor sense of judgement wink

When all attempts to defend an asinine comment has failed, it's always time to go on a tangent, and try to get yourself out of the grave, no? Can you see your folly now?

How about answer the questions I posted to you?

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
tmosco:

Thanks, wishing u happy marriage life when or if u do.

Thanks. I also wish you happy married life when or if you find a girl suffering from mental slave. grin
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by tmosco(m): 8:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
BananaBender:

Thanks. I also wish you happy married life when or if you find a girl suffering from mental slave. grin

We all know dey are out dere, just av 2 pick d perfect one out of d many. grin
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:

When all attempts to defend an asinine comment has failed, it's always time to go on a tangent, and try to get yourself out of the grave, no? Can you see your folly now?

How about answer the questions I posted to you?

This was your question:

"Now tell me what's wrong in being in the front passenger seat, of people you grew up with in the same area, who might be top drug dealers? And how being in the same car as those who are more or less your friends a crime?"

So your definition of "riding shotgun" is and has from the beginning only been "to be sitting in the front seat of a car with boys from the hood who by some chance happen to be drug dealers"? grin grin grin

Try harder to talk yourself out of it. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
carefreewannabe:

This was your question:

[s]"Now tell me what's wrong in being in the front passenger seat, of people you grew up with in the same area, who might be top drug dealers? And how being in the same car as those who are more or less your friends a crime?"

So your definition of "riding shotgun" is and has from the beginning only been "to be sitting in the front seat of a car with boys from the hood who by some chance happen to be drug dealers"? grin grin grin[/s]

Try harder to talk yourself out of it. grin grin grin

You have haven't answered my question, in the context in which you made your inane accusation. How about tell me what's wrong in riding shotgun with your friends from the same neighbourhood? And also explain why it's a crime and a bad thing to do?

You can't talk yourself out of this. I made my comment in a particular context, and you have to stick to that context. No amount of flopping will save you today. You can get all ya feminist goons for back-up. grin
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
I thought 'riding-shot gun' meant hanging outside the window(seat beside the driver) in a drive-by shooting. No?
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:

I await your response.

And I guess your expert knowledge of Jay-Z's life does not include his drug dealing career? grin grin grin grin
You didn't know he was a drug dealer too?

'I knew about budgets, I was a drug dealer': Jay-Z says he learned his business skills from selling crack cocaine during the 1980s

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2440081/I-knew-budgets-I-drug-dealer-Jay-Z-says-learned-business-skills-selling-crack-cocaine-1980s.html#ixzz3Gcg3eOBl
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So when you wrote "ridin' shotgun" you were referring to an "innocent" act of being in the car with some boys from the hood who happen to be drug dealers?

And you are enraged that a female mentions Jay-Z in the context of feminism but you have no problem with and you are proud of his criminal past?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5NstkX5Dc0

2 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:

You have haven't answered my question, in the context in which you made your inane accusation. How about tell me what's wrong in riding shotgun with your friends from the same neighbourhood? And also explain why it's a crime and a bad thing to do?

You can't talk yourself out of this. I made my comment in a particular context, and you have to stick to that context. No amount of flopping will save you today. You can get all ya feminist goons for back-up. grin

See my last reply homie, I have said it all. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? / Man Beats His Sister For Trying To Stop Him From Cheating On His Wife / When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.