Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Please I Want To Buy One Of This Space Bus "Toyota Sienna Or Picnic" Pls I Need - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I Want To Buy One Of This Space Bus "Toyota Sienna Or Picnic" Pls I Need (8831 Views)

Toyota Sienna Or Highlander Needed / Which Is Better Mazda Mpv Versus Toyota Picnic Versus Mitsubishi Space Wagon / Smart Car. Would You Use/Buy One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Want To Buy One Of This Space Bus "Toyota Sienna Or Picnic" Pls I Need by MohammedObey1: 10:31am On Oct 15, 2014
Please guys I need your help. Between Toyota Sienna and Picnic which one is more durable, reliable and easy to maintain+ fuel consumption.
Re: Please I Want To Buy One Of This Space Bus "Toyota Sienna Or Picnic" Pls I Need by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
Would suggest you go for the Toyota Sienna.

1 Like

Re: Please I Want To Buy One Of This Space Bus "Toyota Sienna Or Picnic" Pls I Need by nurey(m): 3:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
Both cars a good in all ramfication the only major difference is that the sienna only has a 3.0L V6 engine and bigger than the picnic. I don't know whether the picnic has a 6 cylinder variant but the 4 cylinder will economize fuel more than the sienna.

The first generation sienna has door and knob handle iSsues no matter how careful u are they tend to get spoilt easily also the horn siezes often apart from that its a speed demon and very rugged car.

1 Like

Re: Please I Want To Buy One Of This Space Bus "Toyota Sienna Or Picnic" Pls I Need by MohammedObey1: 7:56pm On Oct 15, 2014
Thanks for your concerned
Re: Please I Want To Buy One Of This Space Bus "Toyota Sienna Or Picnic" Pls I Need by bravolad(m): 9:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
MohammedObey1:
Please guys I need your help. Between Toyota Sienna and Picnic which one is more durable, reliable and easy to maintain+ fuel consumption.

MohammedObey1:

The picnic and the Sienna can not be compared in terms of cost of maintenance and fuel economy. The Toyota Sienna is a 3.3l V6 engine while the picnic has a 1,998cc inline 4-cylinder engine. So they are miles apart.

However, having said that, both vehicles are very reliable and durable. Note that statistically, the picnic is one of the cheapest MPVs. The parts are cheap and available as well as mechanics. I have driven the picnic once in the UK from Buckley where I purchased to London on just £20 about (N5000) fuel then. I did not take note of the total mileage for the journey as it was less of a concern to me. The journey was more than 7 hours because I missed my way on several occasions. I still had enough fuel after it arrived Nigeria.

The picnic is a 5 passenger MPV while Sienna is a 7-8 passenger van. Although, 3 passengers can sit at the back of the picnic, but it would be very tight and uncomfortable. The picnic also has a diesel variant.

The choice is yours depending on your purpose of purchase.

1 Like

Re: Please I Want To Buy One Of This Space Bus "Toyota Sienna Or Picnic" Pls I Need by adanny01(m): 10:11pm On Oct 15, 2014
bravolad:

The picnic and the Sienna can not be compared in terms of cost of maintenance and fuel economy. The Toyota Sienna is a 3.3l V6 engine while the picnic has a 1,998cc inline 4-cylinder engine. So they are miles apart.

However, having said that, both vehicles are very reliable and durable. Note that statistically, the picnic is one of the cheapest MPVs. The parts are cheap and available as well as mechanics. I have driven the picnic once in the UK from Buckley where I purchased to London on just £20 about (N5000) fuel then. I did not take note of the total mileage for the journey as it was less of a concern to me. The journey was more than 7 hours because I missed my way on several occasions. I still had enough fuel after it arrived Nigeria.

The picnic is a 5 passenger MPV while Sienna is a 7-8 passenger van. Although, 3 passengers can sit at the back of the picnic, but it would be very tight and uncomfortable. The picnic also has a diesel variant.

The choice is yours depending on your purpose of purchase.

Both have the same seating arrangement except that the siena could comfortably sit 3 at the 3rd row while it will not be convenient in the picnic. Both are officially 7 seaters while there are two seating types of the siena at the middle row with one having 2seat 'captain chairs' and the other the 2seater bench.

The choice is like comparing camry to corolla. The difference is size and weight. The price difference is not far apart but cost of maintenance is sligthly higer in the siena and thag is expected.

1 Like

Re: Please I Want To Buy One Of This Space Bus "Toyota Sienna Or Picnic" Pls I Need by MohammedObey1: 11:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
@Danny is just for personal use and when travelling with family

1 Like

Re: Please I Want To Buy One Of This Space Bus "Toyota Sienna Or Picnic" Pls I Need by nurey(m): 7:03am On Oct 16, 2014
The picnic has a manual and automatic gear but the sienna only has an auto gear.

The sienna I am talking about is the first generation from 1998 to 2003, the compact edition tagged (ce) has bench form of second seat which can seat 3 pips compared to the captain in le and xle which only seats 2 pips comfortably the sienna seating is more comfortable and more load space and ac vents than the picnic, the only place the picnic wins is the passenger mirrors can be wind down.

My brother if you are buying a sienna get the symphony edition, the symphony will be tagged under the sienna name, the all silver colour looks whao, but if too expensive you can do le or xle with side steps for easy boarding.

1 Like

Re: Please I Want To Buy One Of This Space Bus "Toyota Sienna Or Picnic" Pls I Need by ping2ping: 9:56am On Oct 16, 2014
@OP

It actually depends on your priorities. Toyota Sienna is more luxurious than Picnic but less fuel efficient. Just like others have said, the 1st generation comes with 3.0L V6 engine while Picnic comes with 2.0L I4 engine.

Both vehicles are very durable but it terms of cost of maintenance, Sienna is higher. Talk of comfort, Sienna wins with rear air conditioning, more luggage space. Picnic is more portable with very small luggage space.

You can agree with me that it all depends on your priorities in terms of vehicle specifications.

However, i want to suggest this car to you, it called Toyota Avensis Verso, 2.0L I4 engine producing 145hp. Its actually a higher model of Picnic starting from 2001.

1 Like

Re: Please I Want To Buy One Of This Space Bus "Toyota Sienna Or Picnic" Pls I Need by MohammedObey1: 12:16am On Oct 19, 2014
I Thank all of you for your contributions, but still I want you guys to show more light on Sienna fuel Consumption by giving me examples.
Like if you are to buy N2000 fuel for Picnic from Lagos to Ibadan, for Sienna is LIKE THIS

if Picnic consumed 5 ltr from here to here while Sienna will consumed so so so ltrs that kind of example that's what I wanted
Re: Please I Want To Buy One Of This Space Bus "Toyota Sienna Or Picnic" Pls I Need by adanny01(m): 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
MohammedObey1:
I Thank all of you for your contributions, but still I want you guys to show more light on Sienna fuel Consumption by giving me examples.
Like if you are to buy N2000 fuel for Picnic from Lagos to Ibadan, for Sienna is LIKE THIS

if Picnic consumed 5 ltr from here to here while Sienna will consumed so so so ltrs that kind of example that's what I wanted

Picnic will do 21mpg city and 34mpg highway while sienna will do 18mpg city and 24mpg highway. That means for normal driving within a township with traffic which means alot of stop and go, picnic may travel 8.93kilometers per every litre you have while siena may do 8.08kilometers. If you wish to travel 50km, picnic will use about 6.02litres while sienna will use 6.2litres. Diffrence is in fuel cost will actually be less than N20!

The main difference comes in the highway with picnic doing 14.5kpl and sienna 10.2kpl. After 50km, picnic will use 3.4litres while sienna 4.9litres. Their difference after 50km is 1.5litre or about N150. After 200km difference is N600. The N600 is the price you pay for a far better driving power with the sienna's 3.0l engine, minimal loss of power driving with a/c and overall more comfort.

Dont forget, if you can maintain the picnic, you will certainly be able to do the sienna. The diffrence in cost will be higher on some few parts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Want To Buy One Of This Space Bus "Toyota Sienna Or Picnic" Pls I Need by miqos02(m): 7:58pm On Mar 06, 2016
adanny01:

Picnic will do 21mpg city and 34mpg highway while sienna will do 18mpg city and 24mpg highway. That means for normal driving within a township with traffic which means alot of stop and go, picnic may travel 8.93kilometers per every litre you have while siena may do 8.08kilometers. If you wish to travel 50km, picnic will use about 6.02litres while sienna will use 6.2litres. Diffrence is in fuel cost will actually be less than N20!

The main difference comes in the highway with picnic doing 14.5kpl and sienna 10.2kpl. After 50km, picnic will use 3.4litres while sienna 4.9litres. Their difference after 50km is 1.5litre or about N150. After 200km difference is N600. The N600 is the price you pay for a far better driving power with the sienna's 3.0l engine, minimal loss of power driving with a/c and overall more comfort.

Dont forget, if you can maintain the picnic, you will certainly be able to do the sienna. The diffrence in cost will be higher on some few parts.
wow

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Coolant Drain, Flush And Refill, DIY On 2003 Honda Accord (with Pics!!!) / How Do I Get The 4 Digit Code That Came With My Peugeot 406.. / 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.