Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,490 members, 7,781,466 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:53 PM

Ebola - NEW Case Confirmed Abroad (TEXAS, US)! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola - NEW Case Confirmed Abroad (TEXAS, US)! (908 Views)

New Case Of Ebola Discovered In Liberia – WHO / Ebola: New Case Confirmed In Liberia / Ebola Case Confirmed & Treated In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola - NEW Case Confirmed Abroad (TEXAS, US)! by Gerrie(m): 10:37am On Oct 15, 2014
A second health worker in the US state of Texas has tested positive for Ebola, health officials say.
A 26-year-old female nurse is already receiving treatment after becoming infected by a Liberian man who died from the deadly virus last week.
US officials say they are monitoring 48 contacts of the Liberian national and the healthcare workers who treated him.
The World Health Organization (WHO) says 4,447 people have died from the outbreak, mainly in West Africa.
Nina Pham was exposed to Ebola at a Dallas hospital when she treated Liberian Thomas Duncan, the first person diagnosed with the virus on US soil.
Doctors at the Health Presbyterian hospital said she was in good condition on Tuesday.
The identity of the second health worker has not yet been revealed, however, the person also cared for Mr Duncan while he was in hospital.
The health worker was immediately isolated after reporting a fever on Tuesday, the Texas state department for health said in a statement.
"Health officials have interviewed the latest patient to quickly identify any contacts or potential exposures, and those people will be monitored," the department said.

New Texas Ebola case announced - New Texas Ebola case announced http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29628622

Re: Ebola - NEW Case Confirmed Abroad (TEXAS, US)! by YungwizzzyChina: 10:47am On Oct 15, 2014
Don't know why I'm dancing owambe
Re: Ebola - NEW Case Confirmed Abroad (TEXAS, US)! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
YungwizzzyChina:
Don't know why I'm dancing owambe

Because your DNA make up lacks compassion?

The poor nurse wasn't the one that denied you a visa.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola - NEW Case Confirmed Abroad (TEXAS, US)! by djeezy(m): 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
That's terrible. I hope they contain this dreaded disease. Have those they sent to Nigeria learnt all they can?
Re: Ebola - NEW Case Confirmed Abroad (TEXAS, US)! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
I've said it before and I 'll say it again:America should be declared an Ebola country asap.
Re: Ebola - NEW Case Confirmed Abroad (TEXAS, US)! by Gerrie(m): 1:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
Cokeroo:
I've said it before and I 'll say it again:America should be declared an Ebola country asap.

GBAM! it's high time
Re: Ebola - NEW Case Confirmed Abroad (TEXAS, US)! by Gerrie(m): 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
CityNG:

Because your DNA make up lacks compassion?

The poor nurse wasn't the one that denied you a visa.

NA wa o,

@CityNG, do you know him that well?
Re: Ebola - NEW Case Confirmed Abroad (TEXAS, US)! by Kookny(m): 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
Wish America a swift recovery... Adieu Ebola

(1) (Reply)

CNT believe I wrote this topic..lol / Salt Vs Sugar / Top Six Causes Of Kidney Failure And How To Avert It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.