Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Why Do People Have Issues Discussing Their Salaries? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do People Have Issues Discussing Their Salaries? (1461 Views)

Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? / Police Teargas Nigerdock Staff Over Protest Of Unpaid Salaries (Pics) / Inec New Staff And Their Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Have Issues Discussing Their Salaries? by braine(m): 11:57am On Oct 15, 2014
I was talking to a guy today and I directly asked for his salary but he declined asking "why do you want to know?" Is it because of the fear of being sized up or its generally a taboo?? undecided
Re: Why Do People Have Issues Discussing Their Salaries? by Pimples(m): 12:06pm On Oct 15, 2014
If you know my salary, you will always want to borrow money from me.....
And If I say no.... You'll go about saying I'm selfish / stingy.
Re: Why Do People Have Issues Discussing Their Salaries? by Tenim47(m): 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
Na poverty bdat
Re: Why Do People Have Issues Discussing Their Salaries? by Lilimax(f): 12:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
I read a book : The Rules at Work by Richard Templar and learnt that one of the ways to avoid making
yourself unhappy at your place of work is to stop discussing your salary among your colleagues. smiley
Re: Why Do People Have Issues Discussing Their Salaries? by braine(m): 2:53pm On Oct 15, 2014
Pimples:
If you know my salary, you will always want to borrow money from me.....
And If I say no.... You'll go about saying I'm selfish / stingy.

And what if I earn more than you
Re: Why Do People Have Issues Discussing Their Salaries? by Pimples(m): 4:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
braine:

And what if I earn more than you
You will start to disrespect / downgrade me because you start feeling superior.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Have Issues Discussing Their Salaries? by braine(m): 7:04am On Oct 16, 2014
Pimples:

You will start to disrespect / downgrade me because you start feeling superior.
it still doesn't matter
Re: Why Do People Have Issues Discussing Their Salaries? by jahbiz: 11:32pm On Oct 16, 2014
The same reason why you wrote salaries wrongly in you topic.
Re: Why Do People Have Issues Discussing Their Salaries? by bloglover(m): 11:49am On Nov 04, 2014
jahbiz:
The same reason why you wrote salaries wrongly in you topic.

Also the same reason why you wrote "your" wrongly in your sentence.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Have Issues Discussing Their Salaries? by jahbiz: 11:57am On Nov 04, 2014
bloglover:

Also the same reason why you wrote "your" wrongly in your sentence.
lol.
Re: Why Do People Have Issues Discussing Their Salaries? by seunwen2(m): 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
Just passing by
Re: Why Do People Have Issues Discussing Their Salaries? by braine(m): 12:58pm On Nov 04, 2014
jahbiz:
lol.

You see, mistakes happen. wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Picture: See How Long It Take Men And Women To Prepare To Work. / How To Prepare A Professional Cv, Aptitude Text Question And Anwsers,gmaths / My "Secret" To Generating $300k From An Online Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.