Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

INTERESTING: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi: Sir, You Sabotaged Yourself! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / INTERESTING: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi: Sir, You Sabotaged Yourself! (420 Views)

Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

INTERESTING: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi: Sir, You Sabotaged Yourself! by rayg: 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
Letter to Keshi: Sir, you sabotaged yourself!

I am writing this letter with a heavy heart as a fan of the Super Eagles and a firm believer in your abilities as a player and a coach. However, after hearing the news report on Monday of your assertion that certain individuals and forces are sabotaging your team, I beg to disagree. In fact, I made bold to say that you, Mr Keshi, are your own worst enemy and you are the one that has sabotaged your good works and legacy in the team.

Let me remind you of a saying: 'You do not change a winning team or a winning formula'. But at the same time there's another saying: 'One cannot continue to do the same thing over and over again, and expect a different result'. So what am I driving at? Let's examine the facts: When you took up this job after the disastrous qualification campaign by the Samson Siasia led team for the 2012 African Nations Cup, you said the spine of the team will be built from the home-based players. You set up a camp and brought the players together.

Your home-based programme unearthed the likes of Sunday Mba, Godfrey Oboabona, Ejike Uzoenyi, Azubuike Egwuekwe, Reuben Gabriel, among others, brought intense competition for places and gave hope to the players from the Nigerian professional league.That, home-based Eagles, mixed with a few professionals, prosecuted the Afcon 2013 qualifiers with little problems, beat Rwanda 2-0 and disposed of Liberia 8-3 on aggregate to qualify for the Nations Cup in South Africa. Then, you had a vision and a goal, so why did you jettison that and allow yourself to be misled by the pressures and greed of the same saboteurs that you now accuse?...

Read FULL STORY on The CABLE:
[size=200pt]http://www.thecable.ng/letter-keshi-sir-sabotaged[/size]

(1) (Reply)

NFF Hunts For Gullit As Keshi Denies Being Sacked / Siasia Will Make NPFL Players Base Of U23 Squad / Barcelona Seek Redemption While PSG To Consolidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.