Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,724 members, 7,802,184 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. (26877 Views)

Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State / Buhari Declares Open 2 Day Retreats For Ministerial-designates In Abuja Today / Aliyu Congratulates Buhari, Declares Curfew In Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2014
naija2dabone:
The worst thing that can happen to Northern presidential aspirations in 2015 is for Buhari to be on the APC ballot.

On Friday, 23rd August, 1985, the military government of Major-General Mohammadu Buhari decided to place me under arrest. My crime was that I wrote, among others, an article entitled: “Counter-trading Nigeria’s Future” in the National Concord, exposing the government’s scam of diverting public funds into private coffers through barter-trade with Brazil. A man by the name of Benson Norman was sent from the State Security Services (SSS) to my office to get me. Not finding me, he left a note that I must present myself unfailingly at the SSS office at 15 Awolowo Road, Ikoyi Lagos the next Monday morning.

However, on Sunday, 25th August, 1985, Lateef Aminu came first thing in the morning to my house to inform me that the government of Buhari/Idiagbon had been overthrown. For this reason, I am fond of telling people that God brought about a change of government in Nigeria just because of me.

Coup-plotter

Under the Buhari/Idiagbon regime, once you ended up at 15 Awolowo Road, you may never be heard of again. Decree Number 2 of 1984 empowered Tunde Idiagbon to arrest and detain anybody indefinitely without trial and without legal reprieve. After Buhari was overthrown, Mohammadu Gambo opened the prison doors of 15 Awolowo Road on public television, revealing people in various stages of UnCloth and malnutrition that had been kept in the dungeons without trial by Buhari’s hound-dogs.

As self-imposed Head of State, Buhari had no regard for human rights. Immediately he seized power, he announced that he would “tamper with” the press. Soon, the infamous Decree Number 4 was promulgated which made even the publication of the truth a punishable offence. Under this cover, Buhari jailed innocent journalists, including Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabo. He abolished civil liberties, promulgated retroactive decrees enabling him to kill Nigerians through jungle justice, proscribed civil society organizations and professional groups and exercised “absolute” power.

This same Buhari would now have us believe that he has gone through some metamorphosis and has become a democrat. I am sure you will forgive me if people like me don’t believe him. Buhari is not, has never been, and will never be, a democrat. Only in Nigeria would a man with his track record, who came to power through a military coup that illegally overthrew a democratic government, now be acclaimed as a democrat. It is on record that Buhari’s military regime is the only one in Nigeria’s history that failed to promulgate a program for return to civilian rule.

Facts and fiction

So what exactly qualifies Bihari as a democrat today? Precious little! There is nothing democratic about forming and joining political parties just in order to be the presidential candidate. Little wonder then that Buhari’s parties have a short shelf-life. Buhari would like to be Nigeria’s head of state once again. He can no longer achieve this through the barrel of a gun. The only route now open to him is through the democratic process. That is the reason why he now conveniently fashions himself as a democrat. It is merely a means to an end; no more, no less.

Buhari’s reputation as an anti-corruption crusader is also a myth. As head of state, he did not make any dent in Nigerian corruption. All we got was a cosmetic “war against indiscipline.” The counter-trade scam happened under his watch. Rather than deal with it, he sent his hound-dogs after nonentities like me who dared to expose it. That scam was no different, in scope and scale, from the petroleum subsidy and other corruption scandals that have since plagued Nigeria. The Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) that Buhari headed under Abacha was also a citadel of corruption. While Buhari himself might not have enriched himself, his cronies and those who worked under him did so handsomely.

On three different occasions, Buhari has run for the presidency. On three different occasions he has failed. That should really be enough. If, as seems likely, he were to run for the presidency a fourth time in 2015, there is no question that he would fail yet again. Try as he might again and again, Mohammadu Buhari can never be President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Buhari’s sectarianism

There is a fundamental reason behind this. Buhari is a lousy politician. He is an unbending former military dictator and not a democratic consensus-builder. Like his new ally, Bola Tinubu, Buhari is a regional, sectional politician. Such politicians are practically impossible to package and market nationally in the ethnically-delicate Nigeria of today.

Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Malam Nasir El’Rufai, one of those Northerners who deserve to be serious contenders for the presidency of Nigeria, observed that Buhari remains “perpetually unelectable” as a result of his “insensitivity to Nigeria’s diversity and his parochial focus.” This is an elegant way of saying that politically, Buhari has an uncanny tendency to put his foot in his mouth. He talks before thinking of the political implications of his words. He shoots from the hip.

The strength of Obasanjo, which enabled him to capture the presidency on two different occasions, was that he was perceived as a broadminded politician, not overly partial to his people in the South-West. As a matter of fact, in his first election, his people did not want him. The strength of Goodluck Jonathan, which propelled him to win the presidency, was that he was able to string together a coalition that stretched both north and south of the Niger. The weakness of Buhari is that he is totally unacceptable to people outside his region.

Buhari is a Northern regional champion. As head of state in the 1980’s, his government was unapologetically Northern. No attempt was made to balance the ticket at the top. It was the only regime in Nigeria’s history headed by two Northerners. When he seized power, Buhari put Shagari, the Northern head of state he overthrew, under house arrest. But then he jailed Alex Ekwueme, the Southern vice-president. You may well ask what makes Shagari less culpable for the misdeeds of the Second Republic than his number-two man. The simple fact was that Buhari was Fulani as was Shagari; but Ekwueme was Igbo.

Impolitic words

At the height of the Sharia debate during the Obasanjo administration, Buhari declared that Muslims should vote only for fellow Muslims. This was politically suicidal for a man seeking national office. He became an advocate for implementation of Sharia all over Nigeria. He protested to the Oyo State governor, in the context of a dispute between Fulani herdsmen and indigenous farmers in the state, that “your people are killing my people.” This turned out to be unfounded and perhaps the reverse.

His threats during the campaign for the 2011 elections incited widespread violence in the North after he lost. His supporters went on a rampage; looting and killing; in spite of the fact that, by all accounts, the elections were adjudged the most free and fair in the history of Nigeria’s current democratic experiment. By the time the mayhem had subsided, over 1000 people had been slaughtered in cold blood and some 65,000 displaced.

Forgetting that a statement made in Hausa would readily be translated into English, Buhari later declared unapologetically in a BBC interview: “If what happened in 2011 should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood.” These are the tokens of an irresponsible politician, whose ambitions for power supersede the national interest. Who then are the dogs and baboons that Buhari has in mind to soak in blood if and when he loses yet again come 2015? Are they his children or are they those of others?

With the Boko Haram insurgency in the north, Buhari played to the Northern gallery yet again, calling the Jonathan government “the biggest Boko Haram.” Wole Olaniyi was a fly in the wall at a meeting in Kano Government House designed to persuade PDP rebel governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, to decamp to the APC. Assuming that only Northerners were present, Buhari declared the Boko Haram was a “strategic plan” by the government of Goodluck Jonathan to “destroy the North.” When Jonathan declared a state of emergency in Yobe, Borno and Adamawa states, Buhari still saw this with Northern goggles, insinuating that the President is waging war on the North.

President of the North

Without a doubt, Buhari has massive support in the North. Indeed, he is the most popular Northern politician in the North today. But that precisely remains his undoing at the centre. The more he has been identified as a Northern champion, the less attractive he has become as a national choice. Even in the North, his support base is limited to the Muslim population. He does not appeal to Northern Christians. Then there is the added factor of the opposition of his implacable opponents among the Northern elite. Men like Babangida and Atiku would rather die than allow Buhari get to Aso Rock.

One thing is certain, the South-South and the South-East will not vote for Buhari in 2015. Not only that; there are no buyers for Buhari’s sectarian politics in the South-West. No matter what Tinubu might be telling him, the people of the South-West will not vote for Buhari in 2015. We already had the template in 2011, when Buhari tried to sell himself, first by balancing his ticket with a Yoruba man; and then by making sure the Yoruba man is a Christian; a pastor no less. But it just did not wash. It will not work in 2015.

The worst thing that can happen to Northern presidential aspirations in 2015 is for Buhari to be on the APC ballot. That is a sure guarantee that the North will not be providing the next president. Buhari would be a shoo-in in an election for president of Northern Nigeria. But in an election encompassing the entire country, the best he can envisage is to be a kingmaker. He cannot be king. The nearest Buhari will get to Aso Rock in 2015 is by attending the Council of State meetings.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by deScifa(m): 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2014
Even if Buhari did win, Which is unlikely he can only be there for 4 years...8, if he is lucky, that is not enough to change Nigeria.
Shouldn't it be then, that Nigerians begin a slow reorientation and improve our value stock?
This pathetic belief that a champion of the people would come and be the messiah, is a pipedream.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by Reference(m): 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
Wish him the best. In 1983 people widely hailed the change he brought. Eighteen months later people widely hailed his overthrow and exit. I repeat again.

The problems of Nigeria resides in Nigerians. No one man can change this country whether GEJ or GMB. It is our collective will that has brought us to this place and it is our collective will that will take us to where we need to go. Leadership is not about coercion but about inspiration. It is the people then that respond and cause the change.

What I see on both sides of the argument worries me. Those who fear his coming and those who are hopeless without his coming. These opposing positions cannot realise the country we badly need. I am sorry, in the long run all I see bitter disappointment whatever the outcome since we are not ready to change this country for ourselves.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:03pm On Oct 15, 2014
jmaine:

At the end of the day you just proved that the absolute dogma of sainthood bestowed on Buhari integrity was false.

Buhari is just another desperate politician seeking to deep his hands in the national treasury for his aggrandizement. Thank you for failing to disprove that simple fact.
When you've finished lying to yourself, eventually, you'll have to tell yourself the truth.
Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
Abraham2013:

Bros I rather pal around wit asari dokubo n tompolo dan abubakar shekeau, ISIS, al quada etc.

Have you seen Buhari in any pictures with them? Or has any of them been seen on his Private Jet?
Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by blackprowler: 5:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
9jii:

98% of the problems afflicting PDP will be wiped off and
The only Hope for Nigerians will be wiped off 100%.

There's not a single individual that's the hope of Nigerians. It is the Nigerians that will change their country for real, not some phony "leader." If we refuse, we will remain there. Fashola was a "good" leader. The heart of the Nigerian in Lagos remains the same. Go figure
Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by wittytezzy(m): 5:09pm On Oct 15, 2014
Hoh how great Nigeria has become with zero-tolerance for corruptive tendencies and the attendant progress that is being witnessed today in the areas of education, power, poverty alleviation et cetera especially when compared to such sister nations as malaysia, singapore, india, brazil, china and even kenya. infact none of these nations can stand nigeria in terms of development, NO BE SO?
Lets stop being self-delusional, PDP has failed, and so has GEJ and his cohorts, less we wana continue to live in this fool's paradise
And for you that pray for four more years of cluelessness under GEJ let me hear you say amen to the prayer that may God run your so cherished life the exact way GEJ has being running Nigeria....AMEN

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by blackprowler: 5:11pm On Oct 15, 2014
deScifa:
Even if Buhari did win, Which is unlikely he can only be there for 4 years...8, if he is lucky, that is not enough to change Nigeria.
Shouldn't it be then, that Nigerians begin a slow reorientation and improve our value stock?
This pathetic belief that a champion of the people would come and be the messiah, is a pipedream.

My points exactly. I've waged a crusade on social media on this point. It didn't gain currency. Nigerians do not want to change their evil ways; they're waiting for the "knight in shining armour" to magically come and save them from the rewards of the works of their hands

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by swezenberg(m): 5:12pm On Oct 15, 2014
As a christian I am tired of lies from CAN. They can not deceive us again. No more Religious deceits and ethnic deceits. Let the right man rule us. They have been using religion and ethnicity to divide us. Nigerians are now wiser. We have decided that no one will use religion to deceive us again. We are not dull. We can read the Bible and Quran ourselves. We can open our mouth and pray to God. No more deceits from self acclaimed men of God. We shall practice what Christ says. You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. Jonathan has failed us as Christians.

I support GMB.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
blackprowler:

There's not a single individual that's the hope of Nigerians. It is the Nigerians that will change their country for real, not some phony "leader." If we refuse, we will remain there. Fashola was a "good" leader. The heart of the Nigerian in Lagos remains the same. Go figure
You are right, leaders inspire. Giuliani changed New York from a gangsta's paradise into the relatively safe city it is today. Nigeria of 1983 was a country rampant and rife with all kinds of vices; indiscipline, stife and corruption yet Buhari headed and inspired a change in the country. It wasn't unusual then for Nigerians to be punctual and not demand bribes for doing their jobs. This lasted for only 20 months. So why then are some Nigerians against the candidacy of Buhari knowing fully well his antecedents as it relates to corruption, discipline and accountability?

The rot starts from the top, and so does the cure. Change the President and everything else falls into place.
Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
God bless this Nation. God bless His Excellency, President Goodluck Jonathan (GCFR 2010-2019)
Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by Asa247: 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
naija2dabone:
The worst thing that can happen to Northern presidential aspirations in 2015 is for Buhari to be on the APC ballot.

On Friday, 23rd August, 1985, the military government of Major-General Mohammadu Buhari decided to place me under arrest. My crime was that I wrote, among others, an article entitled: “Counter-trading Nigeria’s Future” in the National Concord, exposing the government’s scam of diverting public funds into private coffers through barter-trade with Brazil. A man by the name of Benson Norman was sent from the State Security Services (SSS) to my office to get me. Not finding me, he left a note that I must present myself unfailingly at the SSS office at 15 Awolowo Road, Ikoyi Lagos the next Monday morning.

However, on Sunday, 25th August, 1985, Lateef Aminu came first thing in the morning to my house to inform me that the government of Buhari/Idiagbon had been overthrown. For this reason, I am fond of telling people that God brought about a change of government in Nigeria just because of me.

Coup-plotter

Under the Buhari/Idiagbon regime, once you ended up at 15 Awolowo Road, you may never be heard of again. Decree Number 2 of 1984 empowered Tunde Idiagbon to arrest and detain anybody indefinitely without trial and without legal reprieve. After Buhari was overthrown, Mohammadu Gambo opened the prison doors of 15 Awolowo Road on public television, revealing people in various stages of UnCloth and malnutrition that had been kept in the dungeons without trial by Buhari’s hound-dogs.

As self-imposed Head of State, Buhari had no regard for human rights. Immediately he seized power, he announced that he would “tamper with” the press. Soon, the infamous Decree Number 4 was promulgated which made even the publication of the truth a punishable offence. Under this cover, Buhari jailed innocent journalists, including Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabo. He abolished civil liberties, promulgated retroactive decrees enabling him to kill Nigerians through jungle justice, proscribed civil society organizations and professional groups and exercised “absolute” power.

This same Buhari would now have us believe that he has gone through some metamorphosis and has become a democrat. I am sure you will forgive me if people like me don’t believe him. Buhari is not, has never been, and will never be, a democrat. Only in Nigeria would a man with his track record, who came to power through a military coup that illegally overthrew a democratic government, now be acclaimed as a democrat. It is on record that Buhari’s military regime is the only one in Nigeria’s history that failed to promulgate a program for return to civilian rule.

Facts and fiction

So what exactly qualifies Bihari as a democrat today? Precious little! There is nothing democratic about forming and joining political parties just in order to be the presidential candidate. Little wonder then that Buhari’s parties have a short shelf-life. Buhari would like to be Nigeria’s head of state once again. He can no longer achieve this through the barrel of a gun. The only route now open to him is through the democratic process. That is the reason why he now conveniently fashions himself as a democrat. It is merely a means to an end; no more, no less.

Buhari’s reputation as an anti-corruption crusader is also a myth. As head of state, he did not make any dent in Nigerian corruption. All we got was a cosmetic “war against indiscipline.” The counter-trade scam happened under his watch. Rather than deal with it, he sent his hound-dogs after nonentities like me who dared to expose it. That scam was no different, in scope and scale, from the petroleum subsidy and other corruption scandals that have since plagued Nigeria. The Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) that Buhari headed under Abacha was also a citadel of corruption. While Buhari himself might not have enriched himself, his cronies and those who worked under him did so handsomely.

On three different occasions, Buhari has run for the presidency. On three different occasions he has failed. That should really be enough. If, as seems likely, he were to run for the presidency a fourth time in 2015, there is no question that he would fail yet again. Try as he might again and again, Mohammadu Buhari can never be President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Buhari’s sectarianism

There is a fundamental reason behind this. Buhari is a lousy politician. He is an unbending former military dictator and not a democratic consensus-builder. Like his new ally, Bola Tinubu, Buhari is a regional, sectional politician. Such politicians are practically impossible to package and market nationally in the ethnically-delicate Nigeria of today.

Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Malam Nasir El’Rufai, one of those Northerners who deserve to be serious contenders for the presidency of Nigeria, observed that Buhari remains “perpetually unelectable” as a result of his “insensitivity to Nigeria’s diversity and his parochial focus.” This is an elegant way of saying that politically, Buhari has an uncanny tendency to put his foot in his mouth. He talks before thinking of the political implications of his words. He shoots from the hip.

The strength of Obasanjo, which enabled him to capture the presidency on two different occasions, was that he was perceived as a broadminded politician, not overly partial to his people in the South-West. As a matter of fact, in his first election, his people did not want him. The strength of Goodluck Jonathan, which propelled him to win the presidency, was that he was able to string together a coalition that stretched both north and south of the Niger. The weakness of Buhari is that he is totally unacceptable to people outside his region.

Buhari is a Northern regional champion. As head of state in the 1980’s, his government was unapologetically Northern. No attempt was made to balance the ticket at the top. It was the only regime in Nigeria’s history headed by two Northerners. When he seized power, Buhari put Shagari, the Northern head of state he overthrew, under house arrest. But then he jailed Alex Ekwueme, the Southern vice-president. You may well ask what makes Shagari less culpable for the misdeeds of the Second Republic than his number-two man. The simple fact was that Buhari was Fulani as was Shagari; but Ekwueme was Igbo.

Impolitic words

At the height of the Sharia debate during the Obasanjo administration, Buhari declared that Muslims should vote only for fellow Muslims. This was politically suicidal for a man seeking national office. He became an advocate for implementation of Sharia all over Nigeria. He protested to the Oyo State governor, in the context of a dispute between Fulani herdsmen and indigenous farmers in the state, that “your people are killing my people.” This turned out to be unfounded and perhaps the reverse.

His threats during the campaign for the 2011 elections incited widespread violence in the North after he lost. His supporters went on a rampage; looting and killing; in spite of the fact that, by all accounts, the elections were adjudged the most free and fair in the history of Nigeria’s current democratic experiment. By the time the mayhem had subsided, over 1000 people had been slaughtered in cold blood and some 65,000 displaced.

Forgetting that a statement made in Hausa would readily be translated into English, Buhari later declared unapologetically in a BBC interview: “If what happened in 2011 should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood.” These are the tokens of an irresponsible politician, whose ambitions for power supersede the national interest. Who then are the dogs and baboons that Buhari has in mind to soak in blood if and when he loses yet again come 2015? Are they his children or are they those of others?

With the Boko Haram insurgency in the north, Buhari played to the Northern gallery yet again, calling the Jonathan government “the biggest Boko Haram.” Wole Olaniyi was a fly in the wall at a meeting in Kano Government House designed to persuade PDP rebel governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, to decamp to the APC. Assuming that only Northerners were present, Buhari declared the Boko Haram was a “strategic plan” by the government of Goodluck Jonathan to “destroy the North.” When Jonathan declared a state of emergency in Yobe, Borno and Adamawa states, Buhari still saw this with Northern goggles, insinuating that the President is waging war on the North.

President of the North

Without a doubt, Buhari has massive support in the North. Indeed, he is the most popular Northern politician in the North today. But that precisely remains his undoing at the centre. The more he has been identified as a Northern champion, the less attractive he has become as a national choice. Even in the North, his support base is limited to the Muslim population. He does not appeal to Northern Christians. Then there is the added factor of the opposition of his implacable opponents among the Northern elite. Men like Babangida and Atiku would rather die than allow Buhari get to Aso Rock.

One thing is certain, the South-South and the South-East will not vote for Buhari in 2015. Not only that; there are no buyers for Buhari’s sectarian politics in the South-West. No matter what Tinubu might be telling him, the people of the South-West will not vote for Buhari in 2015. We already had the template in 2011, when Buhari tried to sell himself, first by balancing his ticket with a Yoruba man; and then by making sure the Yoruba man is a Christian; a pastor no less. But it just did not wash. It will not work in 2015.

The worst thing that can happen to Northern presidential aspirations in 2015 is for Buhari to be on the APC ballot. That is a sure guarantee that the North will not be providing the next president. Buhari would be a shoo-in in an election for president of Northern Nigeria. But in an election encompassing the entire country, the best he can envisage is to be a kingmaker. He cannot be king. The nearest Buhari will get to Aso Rock in 2015 is by attending the Council of State meetings.

are u God? Why re you so sentimental

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by musulumi(m): 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
Uwarku gabadaya wonje east n Ku.....see gun muntani !

Ezebinaugwu:

sharrrrrrap you Monika says it all MUSULUMI why won't u vote for him or u expect me to vote for him? DURON UWARKA DERE
Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
Caseless:
hahahahaha...
Come and work 4 change free of charge...no pay.
*clears throat* erm... Whr is that ur ibo sister u said u'd hook me up with to marry? I wan marry ibo gal.
Afterward and your executives go share una dividends. Monkey dey work baboon dey chop cheesy

Which igbo sister I get again pass irishK wey you dey use style kolobi for yourself?
Look, I get bad news for you guy, if you like copy all the Shakespeare's love poem for her, you can only get to "platonic" friendship level. Finish! grin
Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by mrmetoo1: 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
Now lets talk about merit. PDP has absolutely none, APC has some, not much, but enough to lead the way in the proper direction which Nigeria was destined to go before it got derailed the last 40+ years. GEJ did not start the rot but he has continued it. If you really love Nigeria you'll at least admit this claim. I lived in Nigeria a good part of my adult years and believe it or not I love Nigeria and her people. Nigeria would've been a very lovely place to live if not for the simple things that it doesn't have: security, good health care, electricity, water, roads, justice etc Nigeria probably has the best weather anywhere in the world... at least places Ive been. The people are wonderful folks and although sometimes I might come off as harsh or condescending when replying certain annoying elements on here, its all out of love and frustration. In the 70's, we all thought by the "2000s" Nigeria would at least be on par with countries like Malaysia and virtually giving South Korea and co a run for their money. Nobody ever thought Nigeria would be mentioned in the same sentence as Chad and Niger; except of course the topic was soccer.

PDP has brought nothing but destruction to Nigeria, it is still the same cabal and groups that have held Nigeria by the jugular from inception. Nigeria needs to break away free from them. And only Buhari has the guts to go at them. Let me tell you, personally, I think GEJ (even though a bad man in his own right i.e association with shady characters, corrupt politicians, terrorists like Henry Okah, Asari Dokubo, Tompolo etc, toying with the lives of citizens by promoting religious and tribal division etc) still "has a heart"--- when you compare him to other Nigerian Presidents. But the truth is that he is a coward! And a coward does not have any business leading the greatest black nation in the world, PERIOD!!!

GEJ seems to me like the kind of man that acts, realizes his mistakes, then takes steps to correct them. He did this during the fuel subsidy saga, during the banning of Nigeria from all international soccer competitions and also during Chibok scandal, you know what that tells me? He has a heart!

But notice that GEJ only acts hot headed and doesn't seem to listen whenever the issue centers around corruption. Whenever corruption is the topic, GEJ the listener suddenly becomes GEJ the deaf and mute. No only that, he also seems to lose all sense of reasoning then that subject comes on. Its not that GEJ doesn't know what to do, he does, but he also knows that he cannot really go toe to toe with the worst of the worst financial criminals fleecing the Nigerian Treasury lest they expose him too. You ever heard that little saying "He who comes into equity must come with clean hands."? Yeah, it applies here too, and President Goodluck Jonathan's hands are as dirty and as sticky as they come. He can't beat them, so he joins them. And guess who suffers when everyone---including the President, people close to him, and even his enemies---are stealing Nigeria blind? The Nigerian people including generations unborn.

You guys really need to get it together and forget religious and tribal bias and pick the "cleanest man" amongst you. You don't pick a thief to mange your money. Thats the mistake Nigerians are always making. You always select thieves to manage the money for the Nigerian people. Well, unfortunately, thieves aren't built to manage money, their DNA is engineered to STEAL! So while you're left starving with no jobs and no electricity or good roads, your darling Senators are living in mansions while junketing the world on shopping sprees. When they get a headache they hop on a Private Jet to Germany, the hospitals they built for you is not good enough for them. The doctors are not qualified enough to poke through their bodies, but thats what they saddle you with. Yet, you stand in the hot sun every election to put the very same people that made you miserable in the first place at the helm as your leaders. When will you start demanding what is rightfully yours?!

Let me tell you something that will blow your mind and why I sincerely think Nigerians are weird and a certain section is made up of nothing but sadists:

SINCE INDEPENDENCE, ONLY ONE GOVERNMENT HAS TRULY FOUGHT FOR THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE BY ENSURING THAT EVERY LAST PENNY WAS ACCOUNTED FOR. The duo of Buhari/Idiagbon. No matter what you say about Buhari/Idiagbon regime, they weren't corrupt and did not go about enriching themselves like the IBB gang wanted (which led to them being overthrown).

Nigeria, you know your problem, and you know the solution. Either get right, or get petty and you'll either move with the rest of the developed world, or the rest of the normal world will leave you and your dreams behind.

I liked and unliked this post so many times because it felt good hitting the like button. I really do hope enough people do what's right for this country this time around

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by jmaine: 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
When you've finished lying to yourself, eventually, you'll have to tell yourself the truth.

Coming from one who simply refuses to believe that Buhari is just as fraudulent as the politician next door.

Wake up dude . . . .
Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by mpconsults: 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
How We Fall – A Short Story posted first on http://africanstories.

Read other Works by Uneñ Ameji on African Stories

How We Fall by Uneñ Ameji

It was like every other Monday.

The traffic was long enough to compete with the legendary Niger Bridge under political contention and Ms. Joe as usual was running late. A last-minute being and an uncompromising sleeper, Joe was one to sleep to her fill and took motorcycles from her house to wherever the traffic stopped before jumping on the next available bus heading to her work place 3km from home. A journey indeed it was. She didn’t mind – a good boss and an impressive salary didn’t come easy in the capital city.

But today was not like every other Monday.

The black bearded ruffian in what Joe decided were lice infested rags sped and maneuvered the meandering traffic as if hoards from hell pursued. She wasn’t in the least worried about the speed. The faster she got off the death trap, the better chance she had at escaping invisible lice that she felt crawling up her skin.

In what will be only fit for the movies, Joe in the middle of her thoughts saw the door of a moving vehicle in the go-slow open and within seconds was flying off the bike with her large bag and landing heavily in the green lush bush few meters away from the main road. Her first thoughts were for the safety of her laptop and phones as she lay there momentarily confused at the flight and why she wasn’t hurting.
Hanging on to the wet grasses and hoping she wasn’t bleeding internally; she mentality scanned her body for pains and felt none.

A look at her black shirt revealed she was not stained but a look at the scene unfolding before her caused creativity to pool at the base of her brain. A crowd had gathered with cars stopping and bike drivers holding the passenger who had opened the door without looking. A slap from a bike man initiated a little drag with the man that had opened the car door. The black ruffian on the coal tar was shouting to the heavens as if he was great pain. Joe knew he wasn’t. He wasn’t an actor.

“Are you okay?” it was a good looking man in a well fitted black suit blocking her view. With smart looking glasses perched on his nose, Joe did the next thing she knew would get her to the office without transport fare. Tears clouding her pretty brown eyes, she shook her head in the negative.
“I am sorry, I didn’t see you guys coming” it was the man who had opened the door joining the man who offered her his hand. Supporters as well as castigators moved to her.
“Can you stand?” it was the handsome man. He had lovely pink lips and bushy knotted brows too.
“I can’t” Joe said, the tears already pooling at her lids threatening to drop if she blinked. It was going to smear her makeup for sure but the prospect of getting a free ride to work wasn’t too much a price to pay. Moreover, she got kicks acting. It was her first love.
“Here, let me help you” he said as another supporter helped her up.
The whimper was fake but they didn’t know that. Joe was the ace faker when it came to dodging work or getting freebies.
“You need to get to the hospital” the man in black suit said as the traffic began to clear. A look at her wristwatch told her she didn’t have time for checkups.
“I am good” she answered as the tears rolled down her eyes.
“No, you are not” he stated and indicated they help him carry her to his car parked just few meters from the scene.
“I will go to the office and sign in first” she sniffed as she saw the lice-ladden bike man collect 2 notes of a thousand Naira.
“Where do you work? Let me take you to sign in and then take you to go checkup” the man whose perfume spoke volumes helped Joe along to his new Toyota Camry. Joe smiled inwardly.
‘A.C’ she almost sighed aloud.
“Fiji Consulting, Maitama” she said as she tip toed along with their hands, stopping momentarily to make sure her acting is believed. Just then, a woman who had since followed her decided to speak up as she settled on the passenger seat.
“Let me stretch it. It will swell up if you leave it” and just like that, she was on her knees grabbing her right leg immediately. Her eyes had dried considerably but as soon as the woman touched her, she twisted free and fresh tears flowed.
“Pleaaase” she cried holding her leg and twisting it free from the strong grip. Taking a hand she came to realize was the man in suit, she pulled him closer as she smelt him and he held her closely.
“Sorry” he muttered as she nodded and let her tears fall.
‘When will I get a part in the movie industry?’ she asked herself with an evil grin as she pressed her face into his stomach.
Soon, the woman decided she heard a click and stood up feeling like the latest traditional leg puller.
“She will just rub Aboniki. It have set” she said to no one particular, clapping her hand.
“My dear, sorry ehen, all this bike men are very careless” she continued breathlessly.
“Sorry oo” she rubbed Joe’s head and Joe raised her head in a nod. Her big eyes were already red as she sniffed. She saw the crowd stand up in roaring applause at her performance.
“Feel better?” the man in suit asked with such sweetness, Joe gave a small smile as the invisible audience disappeared.
“Let me take you to work and then we check the hospital” he said as if he didn’t just hear the leg puller declare her leg ‘set’.
“Ok” was the only word that came out from her mouth. Joe wanted to get out of here.
“Here” it was her zipped bag. The supporting man who had helped her up handed it over to her.
“Thank you” she tried a small smile with a sniff.
The crowd, desperate to continue hanging at the accident scene dispersed slowly and soon Joe was headed to work in a cold car and a handsome man beside her.
“Still aching ….” He asked as he joined the highway.
“Joe…., no, it feels much better” Joe answered settling into the ride. She would be in on time.
“I’m Kene” he said looking at the being sitting beside him. Kene had seen her fly from the back of bike and had stopped to offer his services as a ‘life saver’. He smiled inwardly at the thought. Kale, his closest friend called him a life saver ever since he decided he was going to be a doctor at the age of 10.
Joe nodded and stared ahead only too happy for the free ride.
He was cute but she was in a relationship – surely she couldn’t go out of her way to be friendly with fine men especially as she knew how scared she was of her approaching nuptials. When she was afraid, Joe was a flight risk. Yomi, the groom was sweet. The perfect man for her but sometimes, she wished she would just catch him cheating and have a valid reason to be single again – to take a breath of fresh air. She longed for the days she didn’t belong to no one; days she could decide to stay indoors and sleep rapture. But those days were days of old.

She was getting married.

“Are you okay?” his voice startling her from her sad thoughts.
“Yes. Thanks” she released a small sweet smile and she saw him smile back.
“You fly really well” he cracked and he was rewarded with a hearty laugh. Kene liked what he saw and when that woman had gone down to twist the poor girl’s ankle; it took him a lot of restraint not to tell her to leave it alone.
“Thanks” Joe said.
“So Joe?” he continued the conversation.
“Josephine” she said and he nodded like he understood.
“I like Joe” he smiled as he neared Maitama and she directed.
“Me too” she laughed again and she pointed at the blue building at the Close.
“I will wait and take you to the hospital” he said as she made to get down.
“No, no need really” she was already hopping out.
“Did I mention that it is my hospital?” he asked coming out to help.
“No. you omitted that” she said in a small laugh.
“Well, now you know. And it is free too” he said as he helped her out.
“Now how can I refuse?” she feigned disappointment and he laughed. It sounded like a snort.
“You simply can’t” he said as she leaned in and he helped her past the curious security guards.
“Let’s have your card doctor. I will come in as soon as I get the vibe that I’m becoming an invalid” and that got her a hearty laugh. Joe was dismissing him.
“Right” he said after she limped into the reception.
“Thanks” she waved his card as he left. She waited for him to leave, limped to her office and as soon as she sat down took out her heels and her laptop.
She got to work.
It was 3:00pm when Anna called her from the reception.
“Your Doctor is here to see you?” it was a question.
“My doctor?” Joe asked trying to finish tidying her accounts.
“Dr. Kene”
“Oh! I am coming” Joe said changing into her flats and taking a quick look at her mirror. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear and a clean wipe of her oily face she made to the reception with slow calculated steps. Perhaps he could take her back home too.
“Hey Doc” she called happily as she approached the good doctor without his suit. The sleeves of his purple shirt folded at the hands and neck opened at the collar, he looked friendly and younger.
“You didn’t come, I was in the neighborhood and I decided to checkup” he said smiling.
“I …….” Joe was saying as an awkwardly tall male walked into the reception. His eyes looking out for someone and then he focused his round eyes briefly on her before walking up to them.
“I see you have found her” he said and the good doctor turned to acknowledge him.
Joe looked at the tall man and suddenly felt like a dwarf. She itched to climb some inches. She could tell he could see into the middle of her head and she didn’t like the feeling it evoked.
“Yes, I did” Kene said smiling.
“How’s your leg?” the tall man was asking. Joe didn’t know if she should answer. Kene helped her.
“Better” he said and Joe looked at him with a smile.
“So are we taking her in?” he asked fixing her with a look that Joe didn’t find pleasant.
“No, you are not taking me in” she finally found her tongue as she looked from one to the other.
“See! I told you she was okay” he finally said smiling at a confused Joe. Anna, who had been watching the exchange, picked up her ringing intercom.
“Oga is calling you” she said after dropping her intercom.
“When are you closing?” Kene asked.
“5:00pm” Joe said feeling the eyes of the tall man piercing into hers.
“I will come take you home” Kene said excitedly and Joe simply nodded.
“Kale Kanwa” the tall man extended his long hands fit for a pianist and Joe momentarily wondered if he played. His Adam’s apple danced as he laughed at Kene hitting his hand away.
“Joe…” she said simply as she smiled at their exchange. They looked like an interesting pair.
“Joe who?” he asked as Kene pulled him out of the reception because Anna was already beckoning to Joe.
“Joe Nathaniel” she answered as she made to walk away.
“Joe with the broken ankle, we coming to pick you up at 5:00pm” he said as he gave in to the tugging from Kene.
“Don’t let him scare you. See you soon” Kene called and they left soon. Joe smiled as she watched them go. An odd pair…she shook her head.
The next hours flew past and by 5:10pm, she looked like she needed to be re-hydrated. Hanging her large bag containing her laptop on her shoulders, she stepped out of the building and decided to make it to the junction. Calling Kene to take her home will be asking for trouble.
“Are we ready?” the familiar voice called from the car park and she turned to see the awkwardly tall man leaning on a white SUV that looked like a jalopy. It was covered in dust.
“Like my car?” he said reading the expression in her eyes. She smiled.
“Where is Kene?” Joe asked looking around.
“He asked me to come pick you up. He got another bleeding case” he said without emotion. Joe laughed.
“Great! She has a wicked sense of humor” he laughed and made to open the door for her.
“Thanks”
“Anything for a short woman” he called as he gave an evil laugh.
“Awkwardly tall man” she retorted and laughed at her reaction.
“Put on your seat belt” he said as he walked over to the other side.
“So are we going to meet Kene?”Joe asked as they left her office.
“Awww, she has fallen in love with the good doctor” he said looking at her briefly before focusing on the road.
“I have not fallen” Joe answered angrily and amused at the same time.
“Nopes….we are taking the little woman home after buying some ligament nonsense – Doctor’s order” he winked and Joe laughed. His Adam’s apple danced again as he swallowed a laugh.
“So how’s the leg?” he asked as they joined the express and he sped on.
“Doesn’t need amputation” she said and he laughed again, sparing her a side glance.
“So what do you do at Fiji Consulting?” he asked as they drove in silence for a while.
“Keeping their account. Thinking of committing fraud though. Just in case you see my photo in The Guardian” Joe said and she got another side glance. He laughed through his nose and the sound sounded lovely yet strange. She was definitely getting in over her head.
“Why The Guardian?” he asked after his original laugh.
“Boss reads only The Guardian” Joe replied as they reached the traffic.
“Makes sense” he gave a smile. His lips upturned and Joe wondered how it would feel in a kiss. A quick mental slap and she was good.
“You live in Karu?” she asked as he kept a straight face and drove with rapt attention.
“Nopes” he answered, another side glance.
“So Kene requests that you take me home”
“Yes. He wants to know where you live so that he can monitor your leg” he gave another evil laugh.
“Evilly” Joe said as she heard him laugh.
“Goodily” he replied naturally as if they were longtime friends
“So you want to listen to your favorite song?” he asked as they inched closer to home.
“I don’t have a favorite song” she answered and watched him play a track.
“Miranda Lambert – Over You, if you are wondering” he said as he turned up the volume and continued to stare straight ahead.
“I wasn’t wondering” Joe answered as they neared the diversion that was taking her home. Luckily, the traffic flowed and she briefly wanted an impromptu traffic that will keep the conversation going.
He was awkwardly tall – she couldn’t get past that but then he was cute with his round roving eyes, hyena-like laugh, impressive hairline and an Adam’s apple that should worry her but it did more to fuel the quiet interest that was building within her. She didn’t dwell on the lips and long fingers; that would be asking for trouble.
She definitely shouldn’t ‘like’ any other man and in less than 12 hours, she had met interesting ones.
“What do you do?” she asked.
“I am waiting for my inheritance” he answered seriously with a wicked look that got a laugh he wanted.
“Construction. Lovely to build masterpieces. I’d take you to some of my sites when your leg lets you. Be warned – my works are taller than me” he answered easily as they arrived at the roundabout.
“Left” Joe answered with a shake of her head as she directed him to the house.
Soon she was home and he remained in his car clutching the steering while he waited for her to get down.
“I’d love to” Joe answered surprising herself on agreeing to see his sites. If she was any truthful, she’d say she wanted to spend more time with him.
“Great! And you should give Kene a call. Tell him I drove like a human being” he winked and soon he was zooming off. Joe stood smiling as she watched him drive off.
She definitely was going to get tangled with this one…
…Kale…she turned to walk into her flat and missing a step, she was falling into the gutter……a thick blackness overwhelming her as continued to fall…..
Grrrrrrrrrrrrggh! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!
Joe woke up to the angry doorbell blaring so loud she jumped off the bed and rushed to the front door to open it without asking who it was. It was probably Maimuna – her flat mate who liked to play with the doorbell just for the fun of it after her club nights.
It was a Saturday and Joe was earning her beauty sleep.
What was she dreaming about again? She searched her fuzzy brain as she unlocked the door. She blinked and shaded her sleep-raw eyes as the hot sun blinded her with her right hand.
“Good Morning” a familiar voice greeted.
“Yes?” she answered finding the source of the voice as she cleared the mass of long borrowed hair from her face.
And there he stood looking down at her with warm brown eyes, amusement lighting his roving eyes and his twitching lips as he studied her appearance. Dressed in a flimsy sleeveless shift shirt that hung off her shoulders and clearly displayed her provocative chest, Joe looked like a sleep-demon. She looked down at herself and back at him.
“Do you find it to your liking?” she snapped, irritated at his height advantage and the delayed smile tugging at his lips. He laughed then and Joe found herself stepping back.
Surely he wasn’t real.
“Is that stubborn Maimuna home?” he asked as he fixed Joe a stare after his original laugh. It was him, the dream guy; her brain trying to retrieve her dream as fast as it could.
“And who wants to know?” she asked heating under his stare. His Adam’s apple.
“Kale Kanwa” he answered.
A rush of air from her tensed lungs.
It couldn’t be.

She was getting married in 2 months.

Read more from Uneñ Ameji on the Okadabooks App. Love on the 25th – a corporate love story set in Nigeria is her latest. Get Courting Baida and Finding Baida on African Stories. She is @UnenAmeji on twitter.
Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by Reference(m): 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
deScifa:

I think you have a better understanding of the situation. I think Nigerians are over-playing their hand here. I think they are looking for someone to subsidize their collective failings. I will always say America is not America because of Obama or Britain because of Cameron or Germany because of Merkel but because of Hitler too and France because of Napoleon too.

A good car needs a decent engine but a great engine on its own will not make a car. A good car will have even average parts working perfectly well. A great Nigeria requires much more than Buhari.

In 1983's WAI I could fear pissing in the brushes. Today I piss in the brushes any how. What has been the gain of WAI. Nothing. Where is PTF or Buhari's refineries..., gone, lost. Where will Fashola's roads or Akpabio's stadium's go in a few years...lost, gone. But the people remain. They are the custodians of true change. It is them I watch. It is their actions or inactions that give me hope or despair. I don't want change for just 4 or 8 years (even if it happens). We need fundamental, structural, irreversible, trans-administrational change.

No man can offer this. Only Nigerians can.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by wittytezzy(m): 5:44pm On Oct 15, 2014
ferderick:
God bless this Nation. God bless His Excellency, President Goodluck Jonathan (GCFR 2010-2019)

Like I had prayed earlier I know Nigeria is the best nation on earth today thanks to GEJ

Kindly say amen "may God run your life the way GEJ has being running Nigeria" ....Amen pls
Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by Sirniyeh(m): 5:57pm On Oct 15, 2014
Let me tell you something that will blow your mind
and why I sincerely think Nigerians are weird and a
certain section is made up of nothing but sadists:

SINCE INDEPENDENCE, ONLY ONE GOVERNMENT HAS TRULY FOUGHT FOR THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE BY ENSURING THAT EVERY LAST PENNY WAS ACCOUNTED FOR. The duo of Buhari/Idiagbon.

No matter what you say about Buhari/Idiagbon regime, they weren't corrupt and did not go about enriching themselves like the IBB gang wanted (which led to them being overthrown).

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by datribune: 6:12pm On Oct 15, 2014
Abraham2013:

Bros I rather pal around wit asari dokubo n tompolo dan abubakar shekeau, ISIS, al quada etc.

Wit no achievement to point to, relying on d bullsh*t of i had no shoes or d divisiveness & blackmail of using BH to paint d opposition bad will not work dis time. Just as we cast away ethnic & religious colourations to make GEJ president, a chance which he squandered on d alter of rabid corruption, Buhari an upright, tested & trusted leader will receive our mandate to sanitize our country & halt d rot.
d clueless one is on d homestrech of his presidency.
Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
jmaine:

Coming from one who simply refuses to believe that Buhari is just as fraudulent as the politician next door.

Wake up dude . . . .

I worked with him briefly and Ive worked with elements of this present Govt and I believe I am speaking from a factual position when I tell you that the side you're hailing is full of criminals that'll ensure that nothing good comes of your future.
Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by Caseless: 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ishsoph:

Afterward and your executives go share una dividends. Monkey dey work baboon dey chop cheesy
join d winning team, u nkita onitsa. grin

Ishsoph:

Which igbo sister I get again pass irishK wey you dey use style kolobi for yourself?
Look, I get bad news for you guy, if you like copy all the Shakespeare's love poem for her, you can only get to "platonic" friendship level. Finish! grin
u ar fuc'king funny. U neva make me laff lyk u did with d line in bold. grin grin
FYI, i dnt need shakespare's poem to woo, i need my nothern ginger to get her heart. grin
i wont end in any platonic zone...jst watch and see.
Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by jmaine: 6:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

I worked with him briefly and Ive worked with elements of this present Govt and I believe I am speaking from a factual position when I tell you that the side you're hailing is full of criminals that'll ensure that nothing good comes of your future.

Please keep your biased unverified opinion to yourself, it serves no good here . . . .

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by Ilekokonit: 6:57pm On Oct 15, 2014
Buhari has just finished Jonathan.

Hear him :- “I want to pay tribute to Nigerians who are enduring all sorts of hardship and degradations on a daily basis,” Buhari said.

“Many are grappling with extreme poverty and barely eking out a living.

Nigeria, in my experience, has never been so divided, so polarised by an unthinking government, hellbent on ruling and stealing.

The economy continues to deteriorate while the Government continues to announce fantastic growth figures. Simply because you sell oil and steal part of the money does not entitle you to cook figures and announce phantom economic growth.

When PDP came to power in 1999 Nigeria was generating about 4,000 M/W of electricity. After 15 years and $20 billion spent we are generating between 3,000 – 4,000 M/W. No failure is more glaring than this.

The rest of the world looks at Nigeria as the home of corruption. Nigeria is a country where stealing is not corruption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by optimiza: 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
imagine buhari pulling 11 million vote under cpc from the north only and u ar saying buhari cannot win. even GEJ knws BUHARI is a threat. mind you the average comoner in the north suports buhari. he is d peoples general. consider d votes coming frm kano and lagos states alone.let alone southwest and atleast geting 25% votes frm southsouth and southeast.

this election gona be interesting. we go match pdp eye for eye, tooth for tooth.
Buhari is fearless. he can bring sanity to polity.
since jonathan cannot catch one corupt person. i mean one person.by this time 2010, i was suporting gej buh he disapointd evrybody. goto ministries, nnpc, custom coruption evrywhere. its chop i chop. impunity without regards to rule of law.evrytin is upside down.

jst wait til november when proper campaign begins, you wil be amazed. mind you we already hav barack obama campaigm PR team. international comunity mocking gej already. I JUST NEED A CHANGE. PDP HAS FAILED THIS NATION

Buhari has my vote.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by softy(m): 7:58pm On Oct 15, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
Now lets talk about merit. PDP has absolutely none, APC has some, not much, but enough to lead the way in the proper direction which Nigeria was destined to go before it got derailed the last 40+ years. GEJ did not start the rot but he has continued it. If you really love Nigeria you'll at least admit this claim. I lived in Nigeria a good part of my adult years and believe it or not I love Nigeria and her people. Nigeria would've been a very lovely place to live if not for the simple things that it doesn't have: security, good health care, electricity, water, roads, justice etc Nigeria probably has the best weather anywhere in the world... at least places Ive been. The people are wonderful folks and although sometimes I might come off as harsh or condescending when replying certain annoying elements on here, its all out of love and frustration. In the 70's, we all thought by the "2000s" Nigeria would at least be on par with countries like Malaysia and virtually giving South Korea and co a run for their money. Nobody ever thought Nigeria would be mentioned in the same sentence as Chad and Niger; except of course the topic was soccer.

PDP has brought nothing but destruction to Nigeria, it is still the same cabal and groups that have held Nigeria by the jugular from inception. Nigeria needs to break away free from them. And only Buhari has the guts to go at them. Let me tell you, personally, I think GEJ (even though a bad man in his own right i.e association with shady characters, corrupt politicians, terrorists like Henry Okah, Asari Dokubo, Tompolo etc, toying with the lives of citizens by promoting religious and tribal division etc) still "has a heart"--- when you compare him to other Nigerian Presidents. But the truth is that he is a coward! And a coward does not have any business leading the greatest black nation in the world, PERIOD!!!

GEJ seems to me like the kind of man that acts, realizes his mistakes, then takes steps to correct them. He did this during the fuel subsidy saga, during the banning of Nigeria from all international soccer competitions and also during Chibok scandal, you know what that tells me? He has a heart!

But notice that GEJ only acts hot headed and doesn't seem to listen whenever the issue centers around corruption. Whenever corruption is the topic, GEJ the listener suddenly becomes GEJ the deaf and mute. Not only that, he also seems to lose all sense of reasoning when that subject comes on. Its not that GEJ doesn't know what to do, he does, but he also knows that he cannot really go toe to toe with the worst of the worst financial criminals fleecing the Nigerian Treasury lest they expose him too. You ever heard that little saying "He who comes into equity must come with clean hands."? Yeah, it applies here too, and President Goodluck Jonathan's hands are as dirty and as sticky as they come. He can't beat them, so he joins them. And guess who suffers when everyone---including the President, people close to him, and even his enemies---are stealing Nigeria blind? The Nigerian people including generations unborn.

You guys really need to get it together and forget religious and tribal bias and pick the "cleanest man" amongst you. You don't pick a thief to manage your money. Thats the mistake Nigerians are always making. You always select thieves to manage the money for the Nigerian people. Well, unfortunately, thieves aren't built to manage money, their DNA is engineered to STEAL! So while you're left starving with no jobs and no electricity or good roads, your darling Senators are living in mansions while junketing the world on shopping sprees. When they get a headache they hop on a Private Jet to Germany, the hospitals they built for you is not good enough for them. The doctors are not qualified enough to poke through their bodies, but thats what they saddle you with. Yet, you stand in the hot sun every election to put the very same people that made you miserable in the first place at the helm as your leaders. When will you start demanding what is rightfully yours?!

Let me tell you something that will blow your mind and why I sincerely think Nigerians are weird and a certain section is made up of nothing but sadists:

SINCE INDEPENDENCE, ONLY ONE GOVERNMENT HAS TRULY FOUGHT FOR THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE BY ENSURING THAT EVERY LAST PENNY WAS ACCOUNTED FOR. The duo of Buhari/Idiagbon. No matter what you say about Buhari/Idiagbon regime, they weren't corrupt and did not go about enriching themselves like the IBB gang wanted (which led to them being overthrown).

Nigeria, you know your problem, and you know the solution. Either get right, or get petty and you'll either move with the rest of the developed world, or the rest of the normal world will leave you and your dreams behind.

Wow!......You have said the truth... Though it is a bitter pill for some group of ppl. My prayer is, if it is Buhari that Almighty will use to save Nigeria, let it be.

It is the same ppl that suffer the fates in ur post would still go ahead to put their oppressor in charge. Or better opt for bait: bag of rice and/or six shillings.

Nigerians have been selling their birthrights since 1986........... Nigeria- where a high level of understanding could not identify stealing as a practical form off corruption, but if u write that stealing is not form of corruption, u would be marked zero in Nigerian school. Differentiaton parlance. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by obayaya(m): 9:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ishsoph:
Hehehe, Obayaya, seems like this thread was opened by our faction. Abi na caseless their group I dey again sef. undecided

Erm, you guys abeg remind me the pay package again asap make I make my decision and swing into action. cheesy grin cheesy

This man!!!

So you are still alive?
Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by Abraham2013(m): 9:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
datribune:

Wit no achievement to point to, relying on d bullsh*t of i had no shoes or d divisiveness & blackmail of using BH to paint d opposition bad will not work dis time. Just as we cast away ethnic & religious colourations to make GEJ president, a chance which he squandered on d alter of rabid corruption, Buhari an upright, tested & trusted leader will receive our mandate to sanitize our country & halt d rot.
d clueless one is on d homestrech of his presidency.
Of cos buhari is tested n trusted in over throwing a democratically elected govt. Tell ur oga buhari say em mates i.e babangida, abusalami dey rest 4 dere villa. Dat same man u call clueless defeated ur buhari in 2011 n he will do it again, cos a lizard in nigeria will not turn to crocodile in america. Ones a coup plotter will always be a coup plotter.
Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
Caseless:
join d winning team, u nkita onitsa. grin

u ar fuc'king funny. U neva make me laff lyk u did with d line in bold. grin grin
FYI, i dnt need shakespare's poem to woo, i need my nothern ginger to get her heart. grin
i wont end in any platonic zone...jst watch and see.

Nkita Okigwe I don port
To be sincere, it gives me shivers to think that GMH wants to come back to the villa. tongue

Na threat?
Bring it on (the northern ginger) and come see the eastern jongolo cheesy
Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
obayaya:

This man!!!

So you are still alive?

You no dey ask of me, baa? sad
Re: Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT. by Caseless: 6:50am On Oct 16, 2014
Ishsoph:

Nkita Okigwe I don port
To be sincere, it gives me shivers to think that GMH wants to come back to the villa. tongue

Na threat?
Bring it on (the northern ginger) and come see the eastern jongolo cheesy
na threat o grin grin
Ezi obolo afor, ur eastern jongolo wont alter anything for me as i cruise my way to d hypabyssal of her heart.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad / Abiodun Olujimi Steps Down For Adeyeye At Ekiti PDP Primary Election / Sunday Igboho: Stop Chasing Shadow – Ozekhome Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.