Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person (3117 Views)

.10 Signs You Are Dating The Wrong Person. / Signs You’re A Terrible Girlfriend / 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by Betasms: 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2014

Do you have any exes who were so awful you can’t help wondering, “What the hell was I thinking?” Join the club. If you’d like to make sure you’re with Mr. or Ms. Right, watch out for these 10 signs you’re dating the wrong person.

1. You feel like you have to wear a mask.
If you’re putting on a song-and-dance in an elaborate attempt to impress your partner, you might be dating the wrong person. Your partner should love you as you are. Does it feel like they are trying to mold you into an entirely different person? If so, it might be time to let them go.

2. They think the world revolves around them.
If it seems like your partner is more interested in how you fit in their world than they are with your individual needs, you might be dating the wrong person. Even though you just went to his parents’ house for Thanksgiving last year, he gets upset when you suggest visiting your parents this year. Despite the fact that she knows you haven’t had a night out with the guys in over a month because work’s been so busy, she pitches a fit because you’re not spending time with her. If your partner’s words and actions scream, “ME-ME-ME,” you should find someone who appreciates your needs (and not only theirs).

3. Your friends and family haven’t met them.
If you haven’t introduced your partner to your friends or family despite spending a decent amount of time together, you might be dating the wrong person. Let’s just face it, shall we? There are only a few reasons why you wouldn’t introduce your partner to your friends or family, and none of them are pretty. If you’re so embarrassed by this person that you don’t want to invite them into your social circles, do everyone a favor and pull the plug.

4. They don’t really listen to you.
If your partner is always waiting for their turn to speak, you might be dating the wrong person. They always go off on tangents about their day at work, but never seem interested in yours. They always suggest where they’d like to go, but never seem to care what you think. If your partner does a whole lot of speaking (but never listens), you might want to find someone not so self-centered to share your life with.

5. Hanging out with them drains you.
If spending time with your partner exhausts you, you might be dating the wrong person. Even the best of relationships include the occasional fight, but this should be the exception, not the norm. You should feel happy and alive with your partner, not sad and stuck.

6. You avoid difficult conversations.
If every difficult chat gets swept under the rug, you might be dating the wrong person. Should you bring up things like politics, religion, favorite sexual positions, or your desire to have five children on the first date? Probably not. But as the weeks and months and years go on, it becomes more and more important to have those tough (but necessary) conversations. If you want to have children but your partner doesn’t, you might have a problem. If your religion is a top priority but your partner is anything but a devout follower, you need to have a chat. If there’s something the matter, say so (because no, your partner isn’t a psychic).

7. Your relationship is their one and only interest.
If your partner has no hobbies or interests outside of your relationship, you might be dating the wrong person. Who would want to date a person who isn’t passionate about anything? Tread carefully if your partner has zero life goals, because relationships with a person lacking ambition are anything but fulfilling. And that brings us to…

8. They expect 24/7 companionship.
If your partner is so clingy you want to scream, you might be dating the wrong person. It is unhealthy and unwise to expect a person to be your singular source of happiness. Alone time isn’t merely just something that would be nice to have, but rather a necessity for your mental health.

9. You never feel like you’re “good enough.”
If your partner never has anything nice to say, you might be dating the wrong person. No matter how hard you try, you feel like you can’t do anything right. No matter how much you do, you feel like you always have to prove yourself. No matter how much you love them, you feel like they don’t return the feeling.

10. You can’t imagine a future together without laughing or crying.
If the thought of a life-long commitment makes you want to curl up in a ball and weep, you might be dating the wrong person. I know the thought of being alone might not appeal to you, but staying in a relationship that is destined for failure is as silly as it gets. If you have no future with this person, end the relationship and find someone you can be happy with. Are you dating the right person? I hope this list helps you find out. Leave a comment with any additional signs you think we should be on the look-out for.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by djeezy(m): 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nice thread. No 2 is so annoying.
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by Tallesty1(m): 1:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
djeezy:
Nice thread. No 2 is so annoying.
Yea.
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by mirexxx(f): 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2014
guess av been dating wrong person d entire time.. thankGod its all over now. nyc 1 op

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by priscaoge(f): 2:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
2. They think the world revolves around them.
If it seems like your partner is more interested in how you fit in their world than they are with your individual needs, you might be dating the wrong person. Even though you just went to his parents’ house for Thanksgiving last year, he gets upset when you suggest visiting your parents this year. Despite the fact that she knows you haven’t had a night out with the guys in over a month because work’s been so busy, she pitches a fit because you’re not spending time with her. If your partner’s words and actions scream, “ME-ME-ME,” you should find someone who appreciates your needs (and not only theirs).

I concur! It actually reminds me of something.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nice list there. Some more points:

** They try to change everything about you.

** They expect you to be perfect all the time.

** They want a secret relationship with you

** They don't have realistic goals for the relationship

** They don't want to hear your opinion on anything

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2014
Seconded
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by mesoade(m): 2:28pm On Oct 15, 2014
Even after reading this few points in this post and more,some folks will stil continue their relationship all in the name of "LOVE" and later come bak to NL to open useless topics on their failed relationship spewing trash.

undecided
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
mesoade:
Even after reading this few points in this post and more,some folks will stil continue their relationship all in the name of "LOVE" and later come bak to NL to open useless topics on their failed relationship spewing trash.

undecided
hm,abeg take it easy bros.
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by Beennkumar(m): 2:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
Isn't it obvious to those in such relationships that whoever they're dating isn't right for them?

I guess we all love to read long lists and go, "Oh my God! I'm dating the wrong person." undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by Alexyswiss(m): 4:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
OP I totally agree with you...

but number 7 is a no no

a relationship gets to an extent where nothing excites you more than being with your lover
you begin to ignore even your friends...
you begin to forget some important schedules

I thinks that's commitment
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by philantoxx(m): 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
NO 5 is so crystal clear a sign to letgo
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by Epathra(f): 8:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
No 1 and no 7. Buh what do u do with a partner with great goals but unrealistic means to achieving them.
#just wondering
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by worth(m): 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
Definitely I am in a relationship with a wrong girl.
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by haiti007(m): 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
11 according to the picture. they try to touch your bossom in the public

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by Raymysterio(m): 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
When I see these signs... I shall pass over you... Yes you!!!
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by haiti007(m): 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
Raymysterio:
When I see these signs... I shall pass over you... Yes you!!!
u need Jesus
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by nefertiitii: 9:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
It is well ohhh
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by bullyman36(m): 9:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
If that's all, then I think I am in the right relationship grin God bless my gf cheesy kiss

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by tosyne2much(m): 10:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
Epathra:
No 1 and no 7. Buh what do u do with a partner with great goals but unrealistic means to achieving them.
#just wondering
okay so tell me where you know me from ?
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by Epathra(f): 10:44pm On Oct 15, 2014
I haven't decided if I want to do that. I was only thinking about ΐτ̅. And my answer is NOT YET
tosyne2much:
okay so tell me where you know me from ?
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by tosyne2much(m): 10:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
Epathra:
I haven't decided if I want to do that. I was only thinking about ΐτ̅. And my answer is NOT YET
oya jor now.. Okay let's play a game.. Just gimme a clue
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by Epathra(f): 10:51pm On Oct 15, 2014
That game will only work in your heart of mind.
CLUE: I'm the last person that comes to your mind that's if I cross ΐτ̅ @ all.
Anyways regards to gbenga. *tongue out*
tosyne2much:
oya jor now.. Okay let's play a game.. Just gimme a clue
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by tosyne2much(m): 10:53pm On Oct 15, 2014
Epathra:
That game will only work in your heart of mind.
CLUE: I'm the last person that comes to your mind that's if I cross ΐτ̅ @ all.
Anyways regards to gbenga. *tongue out*
lwkmd roflmao, this babe ehn .. Wait first ! Okay have you set your eyes on me this month ?
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by Epathra(f): 10:57pm On Oct 15, 2014
You want to know if I stay in your area shey? Scammer to badt.told u ΐτ̅ won't work. Go an sleep!
tosyne2much:
lwkmd roflmao, this babe ehn .. Wait first ! Okay have you set your eyes on me this month ?
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by tosyne2much(m): 10:59pm On Oct 15, 2014
Epathra:
You want to know if I stay in your area shey? Scammer to badt.told u ΐτ̅ won't work. Go an sleep!
and you said we don't hold conversation or exchange greetings ? grin
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by Epathra(f): 11:06pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nwoke m go an sleep before the op polices(if there's a word like that) you for derailing the thread.I'm not sure the anti woman wrappering agency are doing their duty coz I expect yungchop to have arrested you by now. End of quote mbok.
tosyne2much:
and you said we don't hold conversation or exchange greetings ? grin
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by tosyne2much(m): 11:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
Epathra:
Nwoke m go an sleep before the op polices(if there's a word like that) you for derailing the thread.I'm not sure the anti woman wrappering agency are doing their duty coz I expect yungchop to have arrested you by now. End of quote mbok.
okay I don end quote oooo. * grabs banana leaf=» sleeping on point*
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by yungchop: 11:11pm On Oct 15, 2014
Epathra:
#cocks_sakabula_gun# and why was I summoned here? grin
Re: 10 Signs You’re Dating The Wrong Person by Epathra(f): 11:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
To arrest tosyne2much 4 woman wraperring grin
yungchop:
#cocks_sakabula_gun# and why was I summoned here? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalanders,can U Date Someone Who Already Has A Child. / Is This The Best Way To Breast Feed?? / Why!!!...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.