Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

South African Preacher Gets Congregation To Drink PETROL - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / South African Preacher Gets Congregation To Drink PETROL (1451 Views)

How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. / Pastor Preaches To His Congregation From On Top Of His Hummer Jeep (Photo) / South African Preacher Who Fed His Congregation Snakes Arrested – Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Preacher Gets Congregation To Drink PETROL by georgee(m): 2:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
What the hellll is wrong with us "Africans". I read this story with utmost disbelief.. i laffed, i frowned and finallY shook my head. Infact, i need not say more before the 'Touch not my anointed and do not Judge' pple descend on me.
South African preacher gets congregation to drink PETROL - claiming he's turned it into pineapple juice
Pastor Lesego Daniel performed the supposed ‘miracle’ in Garankuwa, near Pretoria, having poured the liquid into a bucket and dropped a match inside, caused it to set alight
A South African preacher persuaded his congregation to drink petrol after claiming he had turned it into pineapple juice.

Pastor Lesego Daniel performed the supposed 'miracle' in Garankuwa, near Pretoria, having poured the liquid into a bucket and dropped a match inside, causing it to set alight.

Pastor Daniel then told his congregation he had turned it into fruit juice and encouraged them to line up and take a sip from the bottle.

A bizarre video from the Rabboni Centre Ministry shows people crowding around the preacher and having the yellow liquid poured into their mouths.

A warning at the start of the video states: ‘If you cannot turn water into wine, don't try this'.
Ritual: One member of the congregation drinks the petrol. (CEN)Ritual: One member of the congregation drinks the petrol. (CEN)

Pastor Lesego Daniel of the Rabboni Centre Ministry told his congregation that the petrol had been turned into pineaple juice. (CEN)Pastor Lesego Daniel of the Rabboni Centre Ministry told his congregation that the petrol had been turned into …

Down it: One member of the congregation drinks the petrol. (CEN)Down it: One member of the congregation drinks the petrol. (CEN)

Pastor Daniel, meanwhile, informs his congregation: ‘I want to prove to you, with the flames that will burn here, that it shows what can be achieved if you have faith.'
The controversial preacher made international headlines in January when he was photographed persuading followers to eat the grass at his ministry.

He said that humans with faith eat anything to feed their bodies and can survive on whatever they choose to eat, and persuading them to eat grass and drink petrol was simply a way of proving the point.

The outrageous stunts may have been dangerous, but his congregation claim it helped cure their various ailments.
More members of the congregation line up to drink the flammable liquid. (CEN)More members of the congregation line up to drink the flammable liquid. (CEN)

Influence: Hundreds of people loyally follow Pastor Daniel in South Africa. (CEN)Influence: Hundreds of people loyally follow Pastor Daniel in South Africa. (CEN)

One woman claimed eating grass stopped her having a sore throat, while another said it healed her after a stroke. Interviewed by local media one of the congregation, Rosemary Phetha, said: 'Yes, we eat grass and we're proud of it because it demonstrates that, with God's power, we can do anything.'

Photos showed that followers who had eaten grass then allowed Pastor Daniel to walk across them as they spread out on the floor.

The grass eating however failed to impress many with one outraged commentator saying: 'Is this a scene in a movie? This can't be real. God created animals to chew grass and made human beings to dominate over animals. Any person who reduces human beings to animals is definitely not of God.'

And another person wrote online: 'Why is he stepping on people? This is inhumane. Shocking.'
SOURCE: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/south-african-preacher-gets-congregation-to-drink-petrol---claiming-he-s-turned-it-into-pineapple-juice-105238884.html?vp=1#2UWVEUm

Re: South African Preacher Gets Congregation To Drink PETROL by Tenim47(m): 3:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
Walkin down to OANDO
Re: South African Preacher Gets Congregation To Drink PETROL by Boss13: 3:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
The liquid content is not petrol maybe an inflammable content or petrol mixed with pineapple juice.
Re: South African Preacher Gets Congregation To Drink PETROL by sneezeemek(m): 3:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
Dude was like! Hey!!! Whatever that T B Joshua guy is doin in Nigeria that's making our people to go nd die there can also be done here! Oya take this nd drink nd get salvation
Re: South African Preacher Gets Congregation To Drink PETROL by 2cato: 3:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
@ op anything wrong with that dont you think they are obeying the voice of God thru their pastor? I beg who sabi cook concotion jollof rice and beans without pepper maggi and salt?
Re: South African Preacher Gets Congregation To Drink PETROL by llouis: 9:39am On Oct 16, 2014
We no longer preach holiness anymore,
We no longer preach righteousness anymore,
We no longer preach godliness and contentment,
We no longer preach heaven and hell, the rapture and Jesus' second coming,
We no longer preach concerning the Great White Throne Judgement...

The apostles in the early church preached all these and their shadows were healing people, due to the fact that they were so filled with the Spirit the anointing was oozing out of their bodies mingled with their sweat such that their handkerchiefs which was used to wipe their faces was able to heal people.

2000 years later prosperity and miracles (which are but a byproduct of holiness and righteous living) are now being used to bring money into the church via the gullible and foolish Christians who have decided not to know God for themselves but would rather another man like them tell them what God has for them. Witchcraft and sorcery is now being masked as miracles, signs and wonders to deceive many because they are out of tune with God and are spiritually deaf.

Is it so hard for us to determine to live holy lives and hear God for ourselves?

The acts of this pastor violates scriptural principles. Why on earth would God have His people drink something that can destroy their bodies? How different is this from telling people they can willfully drink poison?

It is because of these teachings that lack doctrinal heritage believed en-masse by people that boko haram can enter churches and open fire on believers in church, claiming that our God cannot protect us from them.

God will never protect anyone outside the circle of His Perfect Will, Purpose and Presence. If you can't take my word for it go ask Samson.

I can admonish us to be careful of the so called ministers of God in these end times. A lot of them are not called of God, and a lot of churches and ministries we have today are not ordained by God. At the end of the day it is our holy living and righteous works that will take us to heaven. Whatever we amass here cannot be taken into eternity and will be left here.

I refuse to believe Christianity is a lost cause.

The church Jesus is coming for that is without spot and wrinkle may comprise of only a few hundreds or tens of people; it don't matter, God isn't looking for crowd, satan is. It is only those who are living according to the biblical standards of holiness and righteousness that make up the church; not everyone who attends a denomination, or pastors or men of God.

The church is marching on and the gates of hell cannot prevail against it.

Selah and Shalom.
Re: South African Preacher Gets Congregation To Drink PETROL by Simpsonrocket(m): 10:37am On Oct 16, 2014
Abeg Shift small. Lets see wat will happen if one of em lights a cigarette to smoke.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Ghost And Dead Spirit Appearing To People? / His Dis Scriptural Or How Do Christian Come About It? / Enough Of This Pentecostal Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.