Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Top 12 Signs That You Are Back In Naija - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top 12 Signs That You Are Back In Naija (600 Views)

Signs That Your Childhood Was Lame. / 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian / Filipino Nannies In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 12 Signs That You Are Back In Naija by orinocopulse: 3:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
Okay, this is based on some experiences. . It's also meant to be mostly for laffs! Enjoy! smiley cool

12. A round of applause for the pilot please.
If you’re lucky, you get the back-in-naija sensation right from the plane as it lands - at no extra costs.
No sir, you can’t give the pilots a standing ovation. . no seriously you can’t. Seat belts please!

11. Anything for the boys?
The over-eagerness to please. That exaggerated grin from ear to ear. That knowing look by everyone from the restroom attendant, to the bank/eatery security guards. . .The look that says, surely you must realise that I don’t get paid enough. So give me some cash for doing my job.
Anything for the boys? But you are middle-aged women.
My Oga do Sallah for your guy. Isn’t that Christopher James I see on your name badge?
Aunty do Christmas for us. My word! It’s only September.

10. The cheap cabs
Your heart doesn’t skip a bit each time the meter reading increases. Heck, there are no meters in most of the cabs and the fares are negotiable (so is a lot of stuff. . yipee!). When you remember how much equivalent journeys cost you, you are grateful for the cheap cabs. . . .except abuja cabs. For those, you feel guilty, like you are cheating the cab-driver.
Oga how much does it cost from Wuse zone 2 to zone 53?
100 naira!
*Bless me Father for surely I’m about to sin. . .*

9. Your left hand? Surely the gods will strike you!
Ah, so you thought your sojourn was akin to a pilgrimage of sorts for your left hand? Ha! Right. Wrong! Now that you are back, it’s still unworthy pal? Prepare to be reprimanded when you use your left hand to give someone (God forbid it’s an elder) something. At best, they frown at you and quickly swap hands, using their left hand (yeah that one that was NOT created by God) to receive it from you. This doesn’t apply when you hand some cash to an elderly needy person. He grins, bows, temporarily ignores “culture” and receives it with BOTH hands - a sign of respect smiley

8. I’ll pay for it.
No need to bring out your calculators or solve some complex algebra when we go out to eat, for drinks or take a cab ride. There’s someone nice enough to “handle it” thanks very much.

7. No (FREE) wifi!
Say goodbye to the hours and hours of skype video calls, tonnes of downloads and don’t you dare sleep off on continuous youtube videos. Welcome to guarding precious little MBs.

If you fancy, please CHECK OUT the TOP 6 HERE > http://www.orinocopulse.com/top-12-signs-you-are-back-in-naija/

Thanks! smiley smiley smiley

Orinoco pulse!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 12 Signs That You Are Back In Naija by olagockay(m): 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
Lolz

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Signs That You Are Back In Naija by stronger: 6:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
Lol. . This is hilarious! But you should have put the pictures from the blog here as well na. .

Na d pishures they make am sweet pass. Oya someone do the needful biko! tongue

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Signs That You Are Back In Naija by orinocopulse: 10:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
Haha. . Touche!

(1) (Reply)

Beautify Your Walls With 12 Year Old Exhibited Photoworks Of Lagos And Nigeria / Cargo Cults / Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.