Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1284658 members, 1790139 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 December 2014 at 08:27 PM

Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding (2241 Views)

Akala To Dump Pdp For Apc / Abia Governor Buys Ships With Stolen Govt Money / Alao-akala To Get Leadership Award (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by DeepZone: 5:59am On Nov 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Alao-Akala to spend N100m on daughter's wedding - Group

By Sunday Aborisade, Ibadan

Agroup, the Oyo Quintessential Professionals, on Tuesday alleged that the Oyo State Governor, Chief Adebayo Alao-Akala, had committed N100m to the wedding of his daughter, Olamide, in Ogbomoso on Saturday.

Adebayo Alao-Akala

It claimed that the wedding would be the 'most expensive in the history of the state'.

The group, in a statement by its Chairman, Mr. Kolapo Ojo; and Secretary, Mrs. Bimpe Aransiola, alleged that the 33 local government areas in the state, ministries and extra-ministerial departments had contributed 'generously' towards the success of the event.

It wondered why such a huge amount would be spent on a "mere wedding" while the infrastructural facilities in the state were calling for the attention of the government.

But the governor, through his Special Adviser on Public Communication, Mr. Dotun Oyelade, described the allegation as a fabricated lie.

He said, "Were it not for the pathetic nature of the lie, the story would have been laughable.

"The detractors are so obsessed with the delusion of their desire that they cut a pitiable sight.

"N100m! From which account was it drawn and who were the signatories?"

Our correspondent gathered that about 30 security operatives might have been dispatched to Ogbomoso from Ibadan to carry out an on-the-spot assessment of venues set aside for the occasion.

He also learnt that the wedding would start on Wednesday (today) when members of both families will relocate to Ogbomoso and end on Saturday before the wedding train would move to Europe.

The husband-to-be is Mr. Olamiyode Alabi, who works with Skye Bank. The wife graduated from Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State, last year. Both are from Ogbomoso.

According to the programme of events, the popular gospel musician, Mr. Yinka Ayefele, will thrill guests immediately after the engagement on Thursday, while Fuji musician, Alhaji Wasiu Ayinde, will perform on Friday.

The grandmaster of juju music, Chief Adeniyi Adegeye, (King Sunny Ade,) was also billed to perform at the reception immediately after the church service on Saturday.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/nov/12/430.html
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by DeepZone: 6:06am On Nov 13, 2008
This is ridiculous. What is EFCC doing?
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 13, 2008
100 million na small compared to wetin dey really go on for these states. So abeg, make una allow the poor skype bank boy to enjoy him jackpot. tongue
I just wish say i dey Oyo now cos i dey gbadun those owambe music like no mans business. You need to see me dance to it. grin

On a more serious note, i never expected less from Akala. He is just living up to who he has been; a thug, opportunist, shameless sacked police officer and a corrupt bully.
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by DeepZone: 10:22am On Nov 13, 2008
100 million na small compared to wetin dey really go on for these states. So abeg, make una allow the poor skype bank boy to enjoy him jackpot. Tongue
I just wish say i dey Oyo now because i dey gbadun those owambe music like no mans business. You need to see me dance to it. Grin

On a more serious note, i never expected less from Akala. He is just living up to who he has been; a thug, opportunist, shameless sacked police officer and a corrupt bully.
Just like I never expected anything less from Nuzo as long as it's a yoruba affair undecided
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by zoomzu(f): 10:31am On Nov 13, 2008
Bravo!!!!!!!!!!.
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 13, 2008
DeepZone:

Just like I never expected anything less from Nuzo as long as it's a yoruba affair undecided

My dear, i serve in a village not too far from your town Ilesha and after some years now; my sincere and dedicative work and projects still speak for me.
Ever heard of Otan-ile, obokun LGA?

On the other hand, are you in support of what Akala did? Or are my suppose to keep shut cos he's yoruba?
Abeg, you guys should not try to drag me into all these tribe stuff; cos thats the only thing that will make me quit this forum.
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by MCUsman(m): 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2008
100 miller shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Yoruba are really comming to age
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by zoomzu(f): 6:02pm On Nov 13, 2008
I won't say anything.
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by kokorunna(m): 6:42pm On Nov 13, 2008
No comment , its a sad case
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by OBVIOUS(m): 6:53pm On Nov 13, 2008
When one mixes a blessing like a wedding with stealing (its becomes a curse. Lets hope that the marriage doesn't end up like the Obasanjo family story or the kids come out with kwashoko) I[b] should also state that the article mentions that "A group alleges." This information should not be taken as fact.[/b] wink
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by OBVIOUS(m): 6:54pm On Nov 13, 2008

Nuzo, I agree with you jare. Talk the truth like it is.
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by Lady2(f): 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2008
can A GROUP identify itself?

Anonymous sources are not to be trusted
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by OBVIOUS(m): 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2008
I think that the name of the group is the Oyo Quintessential Professionals
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by DeepZone: 1:17am On Nov 14, 2008
When one mixes a blessing like a wedding with stealing (its becomes a curse. Lets hope that the marriage doesn't end up like the Obasanjo family story or the kids come out with kwashoko) I should also state that the article mentions that "A group alleges." This information should not be taken as fact.

That's a lie.
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by bawomolo(m): 1:26am On Nov 14, 2008
MC Usman:

100 miller shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Yoruba are really comming to age

your gimmick is lame
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by toba1909(m): 9:03am On Nov 14, 2008
What good thing do you expect from sacked thieve officer?
Akala, as a local government chairman performed woefully then.
As a deputy governor, he wasn't in the news for any good thing.

Now as a governor, you should expect nothing but showcase of the state money,
at parties.
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by MCUsman(m): 10:34am On Nov 14, 2008
DeepZone:

That's a lie.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by DeepZone: 7:03pm On Nov 14, 2008
MC Usman:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Tribalist kiss kiss
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by Kokodeni(m): 7:19pm On Nov 14, 2008
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Pavass indeed
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by lucabrasi(m): 7:55pm On Nov 14, 2008
and adedibu lives on,
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by DeepZone: 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2008
and adedibu lives on,

Will they die before?
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by blackspade(m): 12:53am On Nov 15, 2008
Not surprising, I wonder when the new mansion is going to be built.
Re: Alao-akala To Spend N100m Govt Money On Daughter's Wedding by lucabrasi(m): 3:58am On Nov 15, 2008
@dpzone
yerp but his spirit lives on through his disciples,

(0) (Reply)

Yorubas Stand For The Usa And Obama & Our Daughter And Rebuke The Nigeria Senate / Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries / FOI Law: CPC Lauds President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.