Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os (27157 Views)

NEW!!! Tecno Boom J5 with the Awesome Android 5.1 Lollipop OS / At Last Tecno Mobile Smartphone Runs On Android Lollipop OS 5.0 / How To Make Your Tecno Phones Run On Lollipop OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by hawk05(m): 11:55am On Oct 16, 2014
Kaxmytex:
Nexus 69

jux an observation...
... 69 position.. Good head.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by stinggy(m): 11:56am On Oct 16, 2014
Kaxmytex:
Nexus 69

jux an observation...

Hio grin hio grin hio grin hio grin
You're a perv sir angry
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by hawk05(m): 11:57am On Oct 16, 2014
LOLlipop ke LWKMDipop ni.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by killzone(m): 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2014
olukenzo:

I has this flat-ish minimalist design that sucks. I used it on the S5.

Nexus 6 is big though 6" is no longer a phone, but a phablet. The only good thing being L is coming to Nexus 5.
u knw nexus are the best android phones they don't do heavy customization like samsung nd dry OS like xperia but onli problem nexus production unit are always limited
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by Emmyxclusive: 12:08pm On Oct 16, 2014
HTC should hv produce the nexus6 instead
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by dasphinx1(m): 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2014
kingvicking:

Open arms won't serve the purpose, cash-in hand will do the job better.lol

Dont know about u o.....but for me, its a different ball game wink
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by younglino: 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by Baroba(m): 12:59pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hardware increment nothing else, and at well over $600 is too expensive for a 'nexus' device.. Am happy with my one plus one..Its pretty obvious Google wants to compete with the Samsung's and I phones of this world..
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by austineaddy: 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
Electronzeez:

Lol....you forgot frozen yhogourt,ginger bread and honey comb.

It's a sure bet that the next android version name would start from the alphabet "M".

Android Milk shake? Lol
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by dyweb(m): 1:13pm On Oct 16, 2014
Competition everywhere
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 16, 2014
austineaddy:
Who is the guy that cooks up these names for Google: jellybean, icecream sandwich, kitkat now Lollipop d guy sure loves sweet mouth

If you haven' noticed, they are following the alphabets and types of sweet confectionaries.

These are all the android OS versions thus far:

A - Android
B - Base
C - Cupcake
D - Donut
E - Eclair
F - Froyo (Frozen Yoghurt)
G - Gingerbread
H - Honeycomb
I - Icecream Sandwich
J - Jellybean
K - Kit-Kat
L - Lollipop
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by austineaddy: 1:19pm On Oct 16, 2014
BanditC:

If you haven' noticed, they are following the alphabets and types of sweet confectionaries.

These are all the android OS versions thus far:

A - Android
B - Base
C - Cupcake
D - Donut
E - Eclair
F - Froyo
G - Gingerbread
H - Honeycomb
I - Icecream Sandwich
J - Jellybean
K - Kit-Kat
L - Lollipop

Electronzeez just pointed out the same thing.
Thanks though......

1 Like

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
And that is why i love windows phone os. many under the radar os updates and even the low spec and old phones have the os optimized for them and get latest updates albeit some features might be disabled.

i just don't have the time to be changing phones everytime because new os are out. Then the case of some android devices not getting some os upgrades so users can change their phones is quite pathetic. How abt just disabling some of the functions may not work on the old devices while the devices still get the latest update. But never. Google will not do so. They will limit the os u can get on ur older phones so you have to buy a new phone to get the latest os. I bet many pple that upgraded from jelly bean to kit kat will not be getting the limpopo os. What a shame. Time to buy new phones. ANDROID USERS YAFF SUFFERED.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by Joshkid(m): 1:45pm On Oct 16, 2014
Nyc, buh am sure the next OS will be Android MEATPIE ^_^
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by Joshkid(m): 1:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
12inches1:
And that is why i love windows phone os. many under the radar os updates and even the low spec and old phones have the os optimized for them and get latest updates albeit some features might be disabled.

i just don't have the time to be changing phones everytime because new os are out. Then the case of some android devices not getting some os upgrades so users can change their phones is quite pathetic. How abt just disabling some of the functions may not work on the old devices while the devices still get the latest update. But never. Google will not do so. They will limit the os u can get on ur older phones so you have to buy a new phone to get the latest os. I bet many pple that upgraded from jelly bean to kit kat will not be getting the limpopo os. What a shame. Time to buy new phones. ANDROID USERS YAFF SUFFERED.
u jux doing wat I can call blind argument!... If u love windows OS fine, We love Android... #Stop criticizing

2 Likes

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by Imyourex(m): 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2014
Oh! Welcome lolipop Droid
But I just read and post this comment with my E63... So whats the point?
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2014
am waiting for andriod 6.0 gala i dont like lollipop
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by justfree1(m): 2:46pm On Oct 16, 2014
Two super powerful money making tips from Darren Hardy -Bestselling Author // Publisher of SUCCESS Magazine. Whatever it would cost you don't miss reading it! http:///1CpSxe4
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by mooyguy(m): 2:49pm On Oct 16, 2014
Lollipop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! boyfriends and girlfriends don enter am again.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by Electronzeez(m): 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2014
austineaddy:

Android Milk shake? Lol

abi android milo...Lol
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by austineaddy: 3:14pm On Oct 16, 2014
Electronzeez:

abi android milo...Lol

Lol grin
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by piagetskinner(m): 3:37pm On Oct 16, 2014
Patiently waiting 4 Mango version
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by jevic(m): 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2014
We never buy the Kit Kat Os finish and lollipop don surface.

I wonder what os will be next. Maybe CHOCOLATE OR PIZZA OS.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by Trustyd1(m): 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2014
If only Google can deal with Android consuming too much RAM then I'll know they've arrived. iPhone with 512mb RAM will run at good speed but android with 2gb RAM will still be slow at some point
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by sunnysunny(m): 5:09pm On Oct 16, 2014
Me ke. I have learnt never to waste my money on phones. I use samsung galaxy note 1. What I do I just upgrade my galaxy rom to the latest custom rom with cyanogen mod and still enjoys the features of someone who sold his old phone and buys a new model with new features. My phone is everly new joor

2 Likes

Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by ojialo(m): 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2014
drizzytee:
the release date for Nexus 6 - October 29 is my birthday, I hope to have a lollipop sweet celebration.
for those that want to surprise me, d nexus 6 is not too small biko grin

sai android wallai... grin

Android till Jesus Returns grin
I love the spirit bro.....
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by ojialo(m): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
android 7.7 blow j.ob is what I'm waiting for....
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by Kingsimmer(m): 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2014
androidteams®
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by Dotng: 5:58pm On Oct 16, 2014
The 16GB model will cost $399, 32GB will cost $479, and an LTE-enabled 32GB model will cost $599.
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 16, 2014
waiting for the last version of Nexus shocked
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by ewizard1: 7:09pm On Oct 16, 2014
Re: Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os by threadstone(m): 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2014
Same OS with a few tweaks. Nothing new since jellybean besides the generic name change. Android i give up. Porting back to ios and bb10.3.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Reinstall Whatsapp? / Huawei P30 Pro Unboxing And Super Creepy 50X Zoom Camera Samples + Price(photos) / Elon Musk Offers To Buy Twitter For $43 Bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.