Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,760 members, 7,806,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? (21542 Views)

Harrysong And Osuofia Register MTN Subscribers At Data Centre-pics / Saka Shares Photo Of His Beautiful Wife With A Funny Caption / I Could Not Woo Women During My Undergraduate Years – Saka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by LilNetty(m): 6:54pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nkem Owoh (Osuofia) and Hafeez Oyetoro (Saka) are one of a kind as far as comedy is concerned in Nigeria. Both acts have a few things in common. They are both MTN brand ambassadors, both started their careers from the stage and progressed through television soaps to home videos. While Osuofia kicked-off his career at the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Saka started his at Ogun State Television (OGTV), Abeokuta. However, there is a popular dispute currently raging among comedy buffs about who is the better comedian between the pair. And to permanently rest the matter once and for all, the comedians slug it out in Showdown’s ring today.
NKEM OWOH:
Engineer-turned actor, Nkem Owoh aka Osuofia, is an indigene of Udi, Enugu State. A graduate of Engineering from the University of Ilorin, his acting career kicked-off as an undergraduate. Owoh, who featured in the now defunct must-watch TV soap, Things Fall Apart, stole the hearts of movie buffs for his artistry in delivering comic as well as drunken roles in films like Ikuku, Ukwa, Akidi, and Long John among many others. And in 2003, his fame spread like wild fire after starring in the blockbuster, Osuofia in London. In 2003, he was named Nigeria’s King of Comedy and in 2008, he won the African Movie Academy Award (AMAA) for Best Actor in a Leading Role.
HAFIZ OYETORO:
‘I don port o!’ Remember that phrase made by Hafiz Oyetoro aka Saka, after porting to MTN from Etisalat for the sum of N20 million when the telecoms giant signed him up a few years ago? Ever since, the university lecturer has continued to grow from strength to strength as his fame has risen to unprecedented heights making him a household name. An indigene of Iseyin, Oyo State, Saka had his first degree in Theatre Arts at the University of Ife (OAU). He got his Master’s degree at the University of Ibadan and he is currently studying for his PhD programme at the University of Ibadan, while working as a Theatre Arts lecturer at the Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, Otto-Ijanikin, Lagos. The AMVCA award winner for the Best Comedian of The Year, and a regular face in TV soaps and Yoruba movies, has featured in many home videos including Circle of Interest and House A-part.
Who do you think is the Better Comedian among them?Drop your Comment!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by elipheleh(m): 3:37am On Oct 16, 2014
ftc

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by kbshow100(m): 3:37am On Oct 16, 2014
Abeg, how many times this thing wan make front page( it is obvoius that nairaland is sinking like PDPigs)

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by MissyDivah(f): 3:37am On Oct 16, 2014
Mr Saka a.k.a Baba Idaya grin I don port ooo I don port ooo to T-Mobile tongue

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Decapo: 3:38am On Oct 16, 2014
Hmmmmm lemme go back to sleep would comment wen I wake up
Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by elipheleh(m): 3:38am On Oct 16, 2014
people i know are funny are bovi, one calabar guy likr that, osuofia . these three are on a class of their own.

but saka? nah.
i remember one time he came to stage to do comedy. he was just saying "and you know. and you know....ehmmm"....
he flopped and nobody laughed at his dry jokes. Gordons later came on stage and yabbed the Bleep out of him.
let saka just focus on adverts only. he aint funny joor

52 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Nobody: 3:38am On Oct 16, 2014
I personally don't see any of them as being funny.
I will say Sakas personality is funny while Osuofia is just dramatic.
To choose, I will say Osuofia.
My opinion.

May I use this opportunity to say: No To Recycled Politicians in 2015 elections and No To Old Cargos. Vote Wisely.
Remember our challenges:

Unemployment
Crime and terrorism
Epileptic power supply
Inadequate industries
Bad roads
Abandoned contracts
Dilapidated social infrastructures
Barbaric hospitals
Backward educational infrastructures and institutions
Religious brainwashing
Human rights violation
Nepotism and favoritism in governance
Judicial corruption
Police brutality
Piracy
Moral decadence
Too may problems.

We need someone who will ameliorate all these things my friends, not people with personal ambition, religions convictions to be forced upon others or someone who is dormant. Let us vote wisely not because of ourselves but for our children.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by kbshow100(m): 3:38am On Oct 16, 2014
elipheleh:
ftc
you no dey sleep??
Stop disturbing our meeting.
Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by elipheleh(m): 3:38am On Oct 16, 2014
saka should be compared with guys like dede one day, mr ibu,

3 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by elipheleh(m): 3:39am On Oct 16, 2014
But thiw topic has made fp before na. its overflogged

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by kenbee(f): 3:39am On Oct 16, 2014
Now I realize that there are Cabals running the affairs of Nairaland, or how do U explain this?
This Rubbish topic appearing on front page for the second time in a week?

6 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by mufutau55(m): 3:39am On Oct 16, 2014
Usuofia for me of course. But then I have never seen Saka in action, apart from the guy's ugliness.

3 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by elipheleh(m): 3:39am On Oct 16, 2014
kbshow100:
you no dey sleep??
Stop disturbing our meeting.

grin

Dude e don tey wey i want know as ftc dey feel

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by kurlz(f): 3:40am On Oct 16, 2014
To me they are both good. But even Saka's mere appearance always make me laugh.

11 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by elipheleh(m): 3:40am On Oct 16, 2014
6th
Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by elipheleh(m): 3:41am On Oct 16, 2014
7th
Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by tigonana: 3:41am On Oct 16, 2014
Both of dem is funny though,but I like osufia well!!!

5 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by elipheleh(m): 3:42am On Oct 16, 2014
8th
Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by jieta: 3:42am On Oct 16, 2014
i just comment
Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by uken73(m): 3:43am On Oct 16, 2014
Again?

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by 01mcfadden(m): 3:44am On Oct 16, 2014
How many times will this hit front page?
Haba!

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Nobody: 3:44am On Oct 16, 2014
Osuofia is a great tv comedian, while saka is a great tv clown!

In other word, osuofia is better as a verbal comedian, while saka is better as a clowny comedian!

14 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by princejames(m): 3:45am On Oct 16, 2014
Both of them are almost thesame but there is a big and unmistakeable part we should not over look there is no role osofia cannot play he is better

13 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by njuwo(m): 3:47am On Oct 16, 2014
One advert MTN ran for their
Family and Friends service class.
Nkem Owoh (Osuofia) is seen dragging a sizeable ram into his compound. Aproko neighbour, Patience Ozokwor, couldn't help
asking where her neighbour got the money for such a big ram.
Trust smug Osuofia to tell her he was able to rake up savings by migrating his line to
Family and Friends where the rates are super low. End of ad.
In Etisalat’s advert when they decided to dash subscribers N1billion, saka with his
gong was there to announce the goodnews.
Guess what, among the characters that were excited about the news was a ram (that is Osuofia’s FAF ram if you ask me) and
the owner of the ram was hiding his face with a yellow (yes, yellow) facecap, ducking
behind a tricycle in an effort to join the queue for the goodies. When he got to the
front of the queue, our dear Saka, couldn't hold his shock in, as he let out a short scream!
Then we have the radio jingle that amuses me to no end, when Etisalat’s saka was
talking about a bonus being given. Someone asked if the bonus will only call her family
and friends, he responded by saying family oo, friends oo, enemy oo. Now that line was
rich with sarcasm meant for MTN. See more at: http://njuwo..com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by walexGodson(m): 3:48am On Oct 16, 2014
Ask google na
Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Joel3(m): 3:48am On Oct 16, 2014
so sad to see NL is now for children... Spit on nairaland am out of here.

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by padeolu: 3:48am On Oct 16, 2014
Osuofia.

Saka's joke are abit too dry for me.

3 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Chrisx1x(m): 3:50am On Oct 16, 2014
Recycled topic,i dnt even nid to read it,moderator,pls do ur job [by removing it]

*hiss,yarn and go back to sleep*
Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by tuffgongjo(m): 3:52am On Oct 16, 2014
How many versions of Saka vs osuofia will we have,huh?

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Ichel: 3:56am On Oct 16, 2014
How many times will this be on FP?
BTW, I prefer MR BEAN to Saka,
and when i want to watch a movie with lot of talking, i'll definetly go for Martin Lawrence, chris tucker, eddie murphy n co, better entertainers than osuofia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Dreal1247: 4:03am On Oct 16, 2014
Why compare the two? Ukwa is comedy personified.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bally And Patoranking Collaborate, Pictured In Studio (Photos) / Iyanya, Ubi Franklin Reconcile After 5 Years / EndSARS: Tory Lanez Speaks On Police Brutality In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.