Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? (5957 Views)

What's Your Favourite Food? And Your Bad Table Manner: Share With Us / Confess Your Bad Table Manners And That Of Others You Hate. / Why Is Africa Foods Very Smelling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by drkay(m): 4:00am On Oct 16, 2014
I do dis.
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 16, 2014
kachisbarbie:
when I started eating, I kept noticing this 'cockroach like smell'. I checked the plate, the tray, my mind didn't even go to the spoon.
Then I smelt the spoon and I threw up immediately, it was the damn spoon. It destabilized my system for days (I kept throwing up)
Aarrgghh, gnarly! Woman, you'll make people sick (in Mushu's voice)
Oh God, I think I'm gonna hurl *retch* *retch* You owe me breakfast lipsrsealed
Maybe in a year or two, when I quit retching my innards out tongue
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2014
Smell cutleries? seriously? Kinda gross to me. What i do is rinse a cutlery first before use.

Kachisbarbie, do you have OCD?
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Smell cutleries? seriously? Kinda gross to me. What i do is rinse a cutlery first before use.

Kachisbarbie, do you have OCD?

hmmm...I think so, but I don't wanna believe it has gotten to that.
If it's in a wedding, you know i can easily rinse the spoon, but majority of times these weddings take place inside halls, i think it would be nastier for me to rinse the spoon there or start walking out to rinse the spoon.

Sometimes I damn the 'eyes' on me and walk out to rinse the spoon, but my obsession would still tell me to reconfirm - that the water sef might be bad...hahaha.
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 16, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

hmmm...I think so, but I don't wanna believe it has gotten to that.
If it's in a wedding, you know i can easily rinse the spoon, but majority of times these weddings take place inside halls, i think it would be nastier for me to rinse the spoon there or start walking out to rinse the spoon.

Sometimes I damn the 'eyes' on me and walk out to rinse the spoon, but my obsession would still tell me to reconfirm - that the water sef might be bad...hahaha.

Lol. Fair enough. If you are too used to that habit, it could embarrass you. I used to have a friend who had this very thick glasses. Her eyesight was that bad that if she had no glasses on and she was eating, she would lean towards her plate and take a hard look at the food first before eating. She would scope some food with spoon and look at it oooooooooo. she was fond of doing that and people around her would get very uncomfortable. grin grin grin
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by tomiobj(m): 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
Weirdo. What do you even think of to d xtent of smelling cutlery
Kachisbarbie:
This happened today and I decided to share it with my e-buddies. I got pretty hungry within the day and had to go for lunch with friends (not in a fast food though) - when we got there, immediately they served us, I picked up my spoon and smelt it (stylishly) : now this is a habit that I formed over the years - it's now reflex - I must smell my spoon before eating.

I do it everywhere, @weddings, child dedications...I have lost count of how many times my husband/family/friends have told me to stop it - but I can't cry. Let me take us back to how I formed this habit.

I think it should be about 6yrs ago, when we relegated my kid sis (the smallest sis) into the kitchen dept., she was about 10/11yrs then. She had the weirdest way of washing dishes. One day she served my food - the spoon was already inside the rice...when I started eating, I kept noticing this 'cockroach like smell'. I checked the plate, the tray, my mind didn't even go to the spoon.

Then bang...I smelt the spoon and I threw up immediately, it was the damn spoon - I felt like beating that lil-witch that day. It destabilized my system for days (I kept throwing up)...so since then, I don't care where/when/how...I smell my spoon/cup before using to eat, except I washed it myself.

The question is
:- Is this habit of mine that bad, my friends couldn't stop talking about it today. embarassed
:-Does anyone else do this? I don't want to believe I'm alone. cry

Dedicated to Chibwike /Priscaoge kiss

Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 16, 2014
tomiobj:
Weirdo. What do you even think of to d xtent of smelling cutlery

I think of cockroaches angry
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by JoeCutie(m): 9:17pm On Oct 16, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Why not Monkeys and or Bats? cheesy
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 16, 2014
JoeCutie:
Why not Monkeys and or Bats? cheesy

lmao
I know you think of cats. tongue

1 Like

Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by tomiobj(m): 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

. So you can know a cockroach has been on a fork by d smell of the fork. Okk
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by iceberylin(m): 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
So you know the scent of cockroaches ... undecided

Thats wierd embarassed
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by corisande: 9:30am On Oct 18, 2014
hahahaha
hahahaha
hahahaha

op, are you me?

I do this every time!
I smell my cutleries before using
I even smell the cup before drinking from it

yes, my friends and family have said it's a bad habit
I like washing my spoons n cutleries to my own satisfaction.

if I go out and I'm not sure of the environ, I don't take water if served. lol
I detest the smell of cockroaches and raw egg
chai! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Sammyblaq(m): 10:24am On Oct 18, 2014
smelling spoon...arrhhhhhhhhhh! out for me!
To tell of a bad spoon I make use of my hand(finger) to check if it slips...if so I take another or wash.
Op u have a backedup story...but I wont give the act a thumb-up.
KB I wont advice u to continue but if u insist do it on CODE.
Ndewo
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sammyblaq:
smelling spoon...arrhhhhhhhhhh! out for me!
To tell of a bad spoon I make use of my hand(finger) to check if it slips...if so I take another or wash.
Op u have a backedup story...but I wont give the act a thumb-up.
KB I wont advice u to continue but if u insist do it on CODE.
Ndewo
Same here... I use my hand to slide the whole spoon, esp the part I eat with.. Any oily feeling, I clean with a serviette (that's if I'm outside) or quickly re-wash (if I'm indoor)..
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
Same here... I use my hand to slide the whole spoon, esp the part I eat with.. Any oily feeling, I clean with a serviette (that's if I'm outside) or quickly re-wash (if I'm indoor)..

I can't detect smell of cockroach by 'sliding' na

@sammyblaq my story dikwa very legit o

@iceberylin : pls don't tell me you don't know the smell of cockroach pls...hahaha

@corinsande: we're definitely a team. They won't understand the satisfaction it gives. angry
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by iceberylin(m): 8:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

@iceberylin : pls don't tell me you don't know the smell of cockroach pls...hahaha
angry
Seriously its wierd... shocked
What do they even smell like embarassed

BTW i hate that creature..... it never dies angry
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:24pm On Oct 18, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

@corinsande: we're definitely a team. They won't understand the satisfaction it gives. angry
Hmmmm... Depends on where you store your cutleries... Also, as a student, my cutleries ain't much.. I tend to wash them daily cos by the time friends and friends-friends chop cheesy, the cutleries don finish be that.. No matter what, I slide and re-wash, save in public when water is far from me..

How's hussy coping with it grin grin... Trying to imagine both of u eating.. You cooked a delicious meal, and you dished it out for both of you.. Time to eat!! You pick up your cutlery and straight to your nose cheesy cheesy cheesy. Chai!!
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by iceberylin(m): 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
Hmmmm... Depends on where you store your cutleries... Also, as a student, my cutleries ain't much.. I tend to wash them daily cos by the time friends and friends-friends chop cheesy, the cutleries don finish be that.. No matter what, I slide and re-wash, save in public when water is far from me..

How's hussy coping with it grin grin... Trying to imagine both of u eating.. You cooked a delicious meal, and you dished it out for both of you.. Time to eat!! You pick up your cutlery and straight to your nose cheesy cheesy cheesy. Chai!!
Student of uniport i guess
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2014
iceberylin:

Seriously its wierd... shocked
What do they even smell like embarassed

BTW i hate that creature..... it never dies angry
It has got this everlasting smell it leaves behind undecided, though I'm scared of it tongue tongue... Roomie no dey use eye see am ooo... By mistake she sees any, broom strait, n she must kill it...
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
iceberylin:

Student of uniport i guess
Your juju strong ooo grin grin
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by iceberylin(m): 8:33pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
It has got this everlasting smell it leaves behind undecided, though I'm scared of it tongue tongue... Roomie no dey use eye see am ooo... By mistake she sees any, broom strait, n she must kill it...
Lol... grin...your roomie harsh la.. .she no dh ever give the creature second chance cheesy
Am not so wicked sha...i usually sweet them out so i dont get to perceive the odour or smell embarassed
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by iceberylin(m): 8:34pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
Your juju strong ooo grin grin
Haha....i know uniport for their Cute Girls wink
So i guessed,no be juju la cool
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by KingTom(m): 8:43pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
Man those things disturbed our lives while in Uni ehn! at a point even the rats were afraid of them grin
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Sammyblaq(m): 8:46pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
u'r ryt on point...I cant even remember the last time I checked out a spoon before use. *shakes head*.
instead of smelling my spoon in pub...l'l go for swallow joor. Lol
#followed
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
iceberylin:

Lol... grin...your roomie harsh la.. .she no dh ever give the creature second chance cheesy
Am not so wicked sha...i usually sweet them out so i dont get to perceive the odour or smell embarassed
No ooo... No 2nd chance for that leprosy causing insect undecided undecided... Wish I can be that brave, sha wink.. She kills while I do the mopping grin (with a scented water) to reduce the foul smell...
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sammyblaq:

u'r ryt on point...I cant even remember the last time I checked out a spoon before use. *shakes head*.
instead of smelling my spoon in pub...l'l go for swallow joor. Lol
#followed
Guys love swallows grin
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sleekyshuga:

lol. I don't do it in my house. I do it in public, the only time I may do it @home is if someone else served me - but that's a long time ago/very rare. They know better than serving me without re-washing my spoon/cup. grin
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by iceberylin(m): 8:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
No ooo... No 2nd chance for that leprosy causing insect undecided undecided... Wish I can be that brave, sha wink.. She kills while I do the mopping grin (with a scented water) to reduce the foul smell...
You cant kill a cockroach undecided
AJEBO grin
Hope you'll get brave someday wink
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:54pm On Oct 18, 2014
KingTom:

Man those things disturbed our lives while in Uni ehn! at a point even the rats were afraid of them grin
Hahahaha... Your room became a centre for their meeting wink
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:59pm On Oct 18, 2014
iceberylin:

You cant kill a cockroach undecided
AJEBO grin
Hope you'll get brave someday wink
Ajebo ke grin grin... I kill ants wink wink..

If my bravery will only come from killing cockroaches, then I don't want the honour cheesy
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by KingTom(m): 8:59pm On Oct 18, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
Hahahaha... Your room became a centre for their meeting wink
Ah! my dear we battled those beasts for 6 years! Till today they are still there grin grin grin
Re: Is Smelling of Cutleries A Bad Table Manner? by Sammyblaq(m): 9:00pm On Oct 18, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

u cant detect the smell of ochicha by sliding...sure I know.
But is not by being careful alone but by been watchful also cos at times bad smells can be candy.
*I have attended a rushed breakfast wer the host carry knife dey use cut soap for kitchen carry cut bread for table*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Prepare Amala With Abula / Is AMALA Now A Bad Food? / Contact Us For Top Quality Nylon Printing...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.