Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,394 members, 7,800,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? (2031 Views)

Advice On Verbally Abusive Husband / Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry / Help, How Do I Cope With A Verbally Abusive Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 15, 2014
To start with, I dnt know why a MAN will choose to either physically or verbally abuse his woman. Either of the two happens to an average woman in the society, its either your spouse beat Ɣ☺u, or he uses words strong enough to linger till the last breath.
Some will even beat and verbally abuse Ɣ☺u together, in my own view I think the pain of beating will go along with time, but the emotional pain of verbal abuse is forever.
I know non is good, but which is better? Will you have him insult you verbally or through beating?
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
None

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
None of the above. Both have the same effect.
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by adet991(f): 11:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
None
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by deuce7(m): 11:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
Abuse is abuse and none should be allowed in a healthy relationship
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by Nobody: 1:22am On Oct 16, 2014
NEITHER.
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 16, 2014
...of two evils, choose the less.
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 16, 2014
I think physical abuse is worse. I can't fight back physically, so i could risk getting killed. But verbal abuse? What did God give me lips/mouth for? Come kuku add sharp tongue join. Let the abuse begin! grin

2 Likes

Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by egopersonified(f): 12:54pm On Oct 16, 2014
Abuse na abuse
Insult na insult
Beating na beating
Degrading na degrading
Regret na regret
Divorce na divorce
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
Phema:
I think physical abuse is worse. I can't fight back physically, so i could risk getting killed. But verbal abuse? What did God give me lips/mouth for? Come kuku add sharp tongue join. Let the abuse begin! grin
Verbal abuse is as harmful as physical abuse
It may not cause physical damage, but it does cause emotional pain and scarring
It can also lead to physical violence

Physical abuse is so bad that as time goes on, you start believing the degrading words said by your partner
You begin to think you're clueless, silly or ugly
You begin to think you aren't good enough for anyone

1 Like

Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by royalicon(m): 5:31pm On Oct 16, 2014
None. K'amari ogun esu
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by rezzy: 6:00pm On Oct 16, 2014
None pls.
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by dre11(m): 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
None

I jump past this thread
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by beeevan: 11:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
Verbal is so much better, he will get a run for his money. Physical? Just slip him something, when he is dead to the world, pick a weapon of your choice and feed him his meal.
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 17, 2014
Such choices are never in the hands of victims.
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by Shirley07: 12:20am On Oct 17, 2014
beeevan:
Verbal is so much better, he will get a run for his money. Physical? Just slip him something, when he is dead to the world, pick a weapon of your choice and feed him his meal.
So cool.

2 Likes

Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 17, 2014
beeevan:

Exactly! Verbal abuse ke? Na only him to run cool
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by beeevan: 8:03am On Oct 17, 2014
Phema:

Exactly! Venal abuse ke? Na only him to run cool

Only the most foolish of men will engage in a war of words with a woman.
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 17, 2014
beeevan:

I dey tell you! cheesy
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by Arsenate(m): 9:13am On Oct 17, 2014
beeevan:

excellent point.
this simply implies that any man who is verbally abused should physically deal with the woman. you make lots of sense.
fair game.
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 17, 2014
I don't think men engage in verbal abuse as much as women do... Na women get Verbal while men get physical... Don't think a man can ever win a woman when it comes to war of words..they will even follow you about and support their insulting words with clapping grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by crackhaus: 10:05am On Oct 17, 2014
beeevan:

Truly, you speak wisdom.

So I guess the perfect response to a woman who's constantly running her mouth whenever she feels like it, is a slap or two to remind her of her place?
Don't you agree?

Or do you belong to the hypothetical school of thought where a real man must always possess the God-given gift of walking away whenever his wife's tongue begins it's normal evil routine?
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by beeevan: 11:26am On Oct 17, 2014
crackhaus:

Truly, you speak wisdom.

So I guess the perfect response to a woman who's constantly running her mouth whenever she feels like it, is a slap or two to remind her of her place?
Don't you agree?

Or do you belong to the hypothetical school of thought where a real man must always possess the God-given gift of walking away whenever his wife's tongue begins it's normal evil routine?

Did you read our conversation before this comment crackhaus? Please stop allowing your idiosyncrasies to make you delve into conversations without having a grasp on the Koko wink. Read the topic again, then the comments....

1 Like

Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by crackhaus: 11:59am On Oct 17, 2014
beeevan:

Did you read our conversation before this comment crackhaus? Please stop allowing your idiosyncrasies to make you delve into conversations without having a grasp on the Koko wink. Read the topic again, then the comments....
As usual, attack when cornered as is common with you lot.

I must admit I don't grasp the koko, conversations, or topic...it's rocket science and much too complicated for my simple mind.

Now that i have made that clear, I asked a simple question:
What should a man do when he is faced with a woman who has a degree in using her tongue to cut deep every time she wishes?

Clearly, a man can't engage in a war of words with a woman like you have claimed and which is true...so what is he to do? I need to enrich my simple mind.

2 Likes

Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 17, 2014
crackhaus:

As usual, attack when cornered as is common with you women.

I must admit I don't grasp the koko, conversations, or topic...it's rocket science and much too complicated for my simple mind.

Now that i have made that clear, I asked a simple question:
What should a man do when he is faced with a woman who has a degree in using her tongue to cut deep every time she wishes?

Clearly, a man can't engage in a war of words with a woman like you have claimed and which is true...so what is he to do? I need to enrich my simple mind.

Why would you surround yourself with such women?
You talk back or walk away or you do both.
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by crackhaus: 12:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Why would you surround yourself with such women?
You talk back or walk away or you do both.
Do you ask women this same question, why would a woman surround herself with an abusive man? undecided

As for talking back, beevan and a few others have said a man can't engage a woman in a war of words...which is true.
As for walking away, how long will he continue to do that?

Or in some cases like your fellow woman on this thread says:
MarvellousGod: I don't think men engage in verbal abuse as much as women do... Na women get Verbal while men get physical... Don't think a man can ever win a woman when it comes to war of words.. they will even follow you about and support their insulting words with clapping
Emphasis on the text in bold.
What should a man do to such women?

1 Like

Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 17, 2014
crackhaus:

Do you ask women this same question, why would a woman surround herself with an abusive man? undecided

I do.

As for talking back, beevan and a few others have said a man can't engage a woman in a war of words...which is true.

I don't agree.
There are plenty of rhetorically gifted men and plenty of women who are rhetorically poor.

As for walking away, how long will he continue to do that?

When you walk away from a verbally abusive woman, stay away.

Or in some cases like your fellow woman on this thread says:

I have answered your question. Say your own and leave such a woman.
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
crackhaus:

heheheh... you want to know what I will say?? Like tell the man to slap or beat the lady? No, can never support physical abuse, it doesn't solve the problem at hand.. the lady may even try to fight back which worsens the situation. ..

The man should simply ignore her, walk away, talk to his wife or record the woman's voice and play it for her when they're in a happy mood, the woman would be so ashamed to hear herself shouting like a dog grin grin(use this option only when you know she was ranting for nothing)...

Again, the man should check himself to know if he's the actual cause of the woman's behaviour. ..
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by MadCow1: 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2014
All forms of Abuse are bad.

Infact, the less physical the abuse, the worse it is.

An emotionally abused person is as good as a Zombie or a ticking timebomb..
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by destante(f): 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2014
verbal abuse lingers right, but physical abuse makes the man look like a beast.
none anyways.
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by crackhaus: 1:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I do.

I don't agree.
There are plenty of rhetorically gifted men and plenty of women who are rhetorically poor.

When you walk away from a verbally abusive woman, stay away.

I have answered your question. Say your own and leave such a woman.
If only it were that easy for people to just up and walk out of their marriage...

Your point is duly noted however.
Re: Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? by JEITO: 2:12pm On Oct 17, 2014
Matters like these are not what we should be discussing. We should rather be talking of how to deal or curb abuse of all form in marriageundecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Open Letter To Squig Who's Confused About Getting Married Next Month / Help Me Wish My Daughter HBD / Surviving The Current Economic Reality In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.