Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,703 members, 7,805,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. (54205 Views)

I Have Been Alfa’s Sex Slave For Two Years – Lagos Housewife / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) / Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Dcmg(m): 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2014
Sophyrocks:

I think you should answer those questions yourself. You already know the answers. Marriage isnt compulsory. I never said so.
From your definition,it means i'm selfish.
Isokay o!
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2014
Becalm:
@DCMG

You can not be in marriage and satisfy yourself alone. Marriage is two people coming together to become one. By being one, they share almost everything joy, sadness, grow together etc. But because it is not a perfect system, crises can arise like in the case of the poster. There is no smoke without fire, there is certainly a trigger to the wife's behaviour. As meaningless or serious the trigger may be, if it can be found out, the solution to the problem is not far-fetched. But if the individual in question is being impossible as in OP's case, you can ignore her completely (withdraw attention etc) for a while as a temporary solution only.
For your own good, leave Sophyrocks alone cos if she prepares for you? ........................

grin grin grin

What will i prepare for him?
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
Dcmg:
From your definition,it means i'm selfish.
Isokay o!

Not necessarily. It depends on the reason why you dnt want to get married. Are the reasons selfish or genuine? If you can show kindness and compassion towards others, what stops you from doing the same towards your wife and children?
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Dcmg(m): 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
Becalm:
@DCMG

You can not be in marriage and satisfy yourself alone. Marriage is two people coming together to become one. By being one, they share almost everything joy, sadness, grow together etc. But because it is not a perfect system, crises can arise like in the case of the poster. There is no smoke without fire, there is certainly a trigger to the wife's behaviour. As meaningless or serious the trigger may be, if it can be found out, the solution to the problem is not far-fetched. But if the individual in question is being impossible as in OP's case, you can ignore her completely (withdraw attention etc) for a while as a temporary solution only.
For your own good, leave Sophyrocks alone cos if she prepares for you? ........................
You guys tend to believe everybody has the same capacity as yours.
One of the things i hate most in my life is unnecessary stress in relationship,that idea of always working to make things work in the relationship,in the words of some women "spicing up a relationship"just to please your partner even if you are displeasing yourself.Even in pains or hard times,most women dnt even care to know what you are going through,all they want is for you to satisfy their every needs and if you can't give to them what they want,that's a problem.Who get that kind strenght?
Mehn,some men dey try o,I swear.
As for me,i can never displease my self just to pls my partner.Na divorce sure pass

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Becalm(m): 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2014
@Sophyrocks

Don't take me serious, I was only trying to scare him. You can see that he is already very scared.
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Becalm(m): 4:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
@DCMG,

Okay I understand where you are coming from. May be had a bad experience but there are a lot of wonderful women out there. Some will love you so much that they can even give you all they have, they find it difficult to demand from you because they care about you first. I only pray such women come your way so that whatever bad experience you had before will be a thing of the past.
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
Dcmg:
You guys tend to believe everybody has the same capacity as yours.
One of the things i hate most in my life is unnecessary stress in relationship,that idea of always working to make things work in the relationship,in the words of some women "spicing up a relationship"just to please your partner even if you are displeasing yourself.Even in pains or hard times,most women dnt even care to know what you are going through,all they want is for you to satisfy their every needs and if you can't give to them what they want,that's a problem.Who get that kind strenght?
Mehn,some men dey try o,I swear.
As for me,i can never displease my self just to pls my partner.Na divorce sure pass

You see. With this mindset of yours, you shouldnt get married. Honestly. The truth about marriage is that SOMETIMES you have to displease yourself to please your spouse. But It would be veeeeeerrrrry wrong to do that at ALL TIMES because it would appear you do way much more than your partner does to make it work.

Well, every mallam with his kettle.
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Dcmg(m): 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Not necessarily. It depends on the reason why you dnt want to get married. Are the reasons selfish or genuine? If you can show kindness and compassion towards others, what stops you from doing the same towards your wife and children?
The reason i MIGHT get married would be becos of having Children.
And yes,i can give tha same compasion to my children.
As a matter of fact,i love spending so much time with kids than with a woman.That's me
I could spend everything i have on my children and take them anywhere they wana go,but i can't say same for my woman partner.
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
Becalm:
@Sophyrocks

Don't take me serious, I was only trying to scare him. You can see that he is already very scared.

smiley smiley smiley
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Dcmg(m): 5:06pm On Oct 20, 2014
Becalm:
@Sophyrocks

Yimu!Scare me say she be God?Nawa
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 20, 2014
Dcmg:
The reason i MIGHT get married would be becos of having Children.
And yes,i can give tha same compasion to my children.
As a matter of fact,i love spending so much time with kids than with a woman.That's me
I could spend everything i have on my children and take them anywhere they wana go,but i can't say same for my woman partner.

Therefore, you would have to let a lady know your intentions just so that her expectations from you would be less. You would have to marry a woman who also see things the same way you do, who also wants kids but does not neccessarily need a man.
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
Dcmg:
Yimu!Scare me say she be God?Nawa

Pls dnt mind him. he's just joking. smiley smiley
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Dcmg(m): 5:10pm On Oct 20, 2014
Sophyrocks:

You see. With this mindset of yours, you shouldnt get married. Honestly. The truth about marriage is that SOMETIMES you have to displease yourself to please your spouse. But It would be veeeeeerrrrry wrong to do that at ALL TIMES because it would appear you do way much more than your partner does to make it work.

Well, every mallam with his kettle.
Good!Not everybody will take the same sh!.t

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Dcmg(m): 5:15pm On Oct 20, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Therefore, you would have to let a lady know your intentions just so that her expectations from you would be less. You would have to marry a woman who also see things the same way you do, who also wants kids but does not neccessarily need a man.
If i see that kind woman i for happy o.But all the ones i encounter are desperados.They dnt av a life,they believe you should give them attention 24/7
Like seriously,where are all the independent ladies when you need them?
I only see them shouting on internet,but i'v not met any physically.

3 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
Dcmg:
Good!Not everybody will take the same sh!t

But i get this feeling that you have issues with women. am i right or wrong?
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
Dcmg:
If i see that kind woman i for happy o.But all the ones i encounter are desperados.They dnt av a life,they believe you should give them attention 24/7
Like seriously,where are all the independent ladies when you need them?
I only see them shouting on internet,but i'v not met any physically.

All women, independent or dependent want attention. it may not be 24/7 but at least the kind that increases the bond between both of you. It seems you are not into creating such a bond which is why you prefer having kids.
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Dcmg(m): 5:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
Sophyrocks:

But i get this feeling that you have issues with women. am i right or wrong?
Maybe becos they are very unpredictable.

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 20, 2014
Dcmg:
Maybe becos they are very unpredictable.

Really? But guess what? its the same thing women say about you men too. So lets just say all humans are unpredictable. Dnt you think?
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Dcmg(m): 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Really? But guess what? its the same thing women say about you men too. So lets just say all humans are unpredictable. Dnt you think?
that makes it 1-1
I av like a lot of problems to deal with,and a relationship with a woman isn't one for what ever reason it might be,i don't just feel it.I think there are a lot of things i would rather commit to than a relationship with a woman that is more worth the time.That might just be it.

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by nnekaregy(f): 5:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
mk3jax:

Well I have a similar issue with my wife. She was miss perfect agreeing to everything I want when she was looking for marriage and after marriage, her real self started to manifest. First it was constant complain about my family for no reason, then she graduated to wanting to control my life and determine who I am to give money or not and where I can and cannot go. She complains about everything and never appreciating anything I do. I provide all the financial need of the house 100% yet she want me to take care of her parent and siblings(both married and single ones) like i am their father and every time I refuse to send them money it is quarrel. She also expect me to praise her for almost everything she does like I demand same praise for putting her under a roof, paying all the bills, feeding her and our child and making her as comfortable as possible.
She bitches about everything I do making me feel like i am a child that doesn't have a sense of making my own decision despite being very successful in my career and handling lots of real life responsibilities that she can never imagine doing.
After the birth of our child, she turned to something else which in turn made me to make up my mind that I will never have a second child. She has time to watch all her tv programs to make herself happy but as soon as I pick my remote to play a game despite working from morning to night while she sits at home, she complains and I have over time disregarded her complains and do what I want to do to make myself happy. I have just one life to live and being married to someone doesn't gives them a control over my life and if you don't want to stay married to me again, then get the fu.c.k out of my life and go take care of yourself. I almost divorced her sometime ago but just decided to calm down. I hope we do not separate because of my love for our child but if we have to, then so be it because I will not live a life of a prisoner because of a child.
let her get a job, there is dignity in labour, she cannot be your help meet at her present state.
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 20, 2014
Dcmg:
that makes it 1-1
I av like a lot of problems to deal with,and a relationship with a woman isn't one for what ever reason it might be,i don't just feel it.I think there are a lot of things i would rather commit to than a relationship with a woman that is more worth the time.That might just be it.

I see.
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by ciwi: 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2014
ARES:

that is what happens when you marry a woman that is more into the wedding than into the man..... wedding is over marriage has started.....there is no need for pretense anymore......she has achieved her aim and thats all that matters...... I will take it a little bit further to prove something to you..... look are her DP, When was the last time u saw your self as her DP.... It is either ur child or some inspirational write up..... never the spouse. that is how you know women who are just there because society wants them to be there not because of the man the married

My dear, true talk. In all of this, I blame society. They put undue pressure on people who. Have no idea what marriage is about and the next tin u see them girls pretending to be the wife materials.

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by OracleSpeaking: 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
Sir,
Things are not always what they seem.
Frequently stop, look and listen and you might find the source.
Btw, have you examined yourself to see if you're the cause?
Divorce always looks sweet in the beginning-a quick and easy way out of the hole you're in.
It never ends well-or have you seen a truly proud and consistently joyful divorcee?
It also increases the chances of divorce in the marriages of your children - if they ever decide to get married.
You're a man. Others have been through this with success.
Think about it and make the necessary adjustments.
God bless

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Benzora(m): 7:17pm On Oct 20, 2014
@poster thanks for taking the time to share what you are going through. It's the very first step in finding the solution to the challenges you are having. I usually tell young couples with this kind of issues that once they go past the first two years of marriage then it will be difficult for them to think divorce. This is because the first two years are still the time to develop your friendship and not a time to rest. You both may have been in love but that is just the beginning. You have had different orientations and different responses to your environment as well growing up. You can't just expect everything to be perfect because you are now married. You must take the initiative as the man to build the kind of home that you desire. You both must find ways of continuosly developing your relationship. Attend marriage seminers, read good books on marriage, etc. Divorce is the easy way out, that's why marriage is for people who are physically, emotionally, spiritually and financially matured. As someone else stated, you are not doing your wife a favour by being married to her nor providing for her financially. The key to a happy and fulfilled marriage remains simple, love your wife and your wife should be obedient. The question however is which should come first? Well go ahead and love her, it is not a precondition for her to be obedient first. Show her real love and care and see if she doesn't submit. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by texanomaly(f): 7:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by DukeNija(m): 8:25pm On Oct 20, 2014
texanomaly:
@DukeNija

Great advice! I think I'm in love kiss

@op

https://www.nairaland.com/1830733/how-achieve-better-communication-skills#24997761

Wow! I think I just hit jackpot wink

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Amhappy(f): 8:27pm On Oct 20, 2014
Just took my time to go through all 11pages. Pains me that OP and the other guy with a similar issue are already considering divorce. First take practical steps to restore your marriage. What do you do together as a family? Pray,study the word,eat,gist,Tv,games etc? Find a level ground. Do you put God first and follow His endless Love? If your spouse respects the higher power he/she may refrain from wrong doing not because of you but because of God. Be friends with your spouse. Put the good of the whole family first not that of any individual member. Teach your spouse to make sacrifices. Share the family plan with your family members and let everyone see where they have to contribute. Then as a man be in charge of your home. Some men are actually strangers in their homes. Correct your spouse when necessary and dont fall for blackmail or manipulations. Some couples have passed through all you complained of including hardship and ttc but still made it but here you are without the toughest challenges,so count your blessings. @Dailynews what a sad story,so sorry for your loss.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by twinpapa(m): 9:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
coogar:

•she doesn't respect you
•she doesn't appreciate you
•she is a moaner
•she compares you to her father all the time.

divorce isn't even needed now. man up & give her father a call. break it down to him how he has failed as a father to bring up her daughter the proper way.

tell him how disappointed you are to have been scammed to marry a damaged good(his daughter). tell him you are few inches away from driving a dagger into his daughter's heart & if care is not taken, he would be burying his daughter instead of celebrating christmas....

trust me, things would change......

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by lexopus: 12:10am On Oct 21, 2014
liyuboy:
Hello Peep, i need ur advise,, i am married to a woman i tot was of a certain characteristics upon marriage and two years down the line my only source of happiness are the two children (Boy and Girl) we have.

Despite all I do (as bread winner) to please her she is not appreciative, she disrespect me, she doesn't cook for me, she complains too much, she compares me to her father daily even though i have told her her mother has a better character than her that is why her father would do anything to please her.

I am always unhappy becos of her character, i am thinking of seeking divorce.

What do u guys think?

Did you think marriage was a bed of roses. Even roses have thorns.
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Rosarie(f): 3:52am On Oct 21, 2014
dis kind of thread re 4 married pple nt those whom has nva walked dwm d aile jst sayng gux wrk.marriage is anothr wrld entirely
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Olulinks(m): 8:46am On Oct 21, 2014
liyuboy:
Hello Peep, i need ur advise,, i am married to a woman i tot was of a certain characteristics upon marriage and two years down the line my only source of happiness are the two children (Boy and Girl) we have.

Despite all I do (as bread winner) to please her she is not appreciative, she disrespect me, she doesn't cook for me, she complains too much, she compares me to her father daily even though i have told her her mother has a better character than her that is why her father would do anything to please her.

I am always unhappy becos of her character, i am thinking of seeking divorce.

What do u guys think?

Hello brother, how i wish i met you face to face, but its still ok. I have been married for over two years now. Sometimes ago, i almost went through what you write here. Anybody that is single cannot understand what you explain here. My advice; what you want just give it!

If what you want from your wife is love, give her your love. If all you want from her is care, give it, if you want respect, respect her.

Though, i can see that you said you give her whatever she wants, but sincerely, i know what am saying, your wife is not mad. If you give her good loving, she will give you good loving, i bet you.

Make sure you are not cheating and dont give her any reason to think you are. Shalom!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Danish Aid Worker, Anja Ringgren Lovén Shares Photos Of Girl Rescued 9 Years Ago / She Discovered Her Husband Is A Gay, Now This Is Happening / Ladies: How True Is This? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.