Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

My Sack, Not The End Of The World – Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Sack, Not The End Of The World – Keshi (566 Views)

FIFA To Ban Nigeria By The End Of Today If... / An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi / Keshi Draws Vs Kano Pillars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sack, Not The End Of The World – Keshi by chesterlee(m): 11:45am On Oct 16, 2014
The Super Eagles Coach, Stephen Keshi, in reaction to his sack on Wednesday night by the newly elected Nigeria Football Federation’s board, has said it is time for him to move on.
Keshi seemed to be in good spirits while speaking with PREMIUM TIMES on Thursday morning, shortly after his dismissal.
“It is about time for me to move on, my dear. This is not the end of the world for me,” he said.
During Nigeria’s Wednesday encounter with Sudan in Brazil, a match which ended 3-1 in favour of the Super Eagles, Nigerian fans at the packed stadium started chanting as Keshi stepped onto the pitch: “You must go.” The coach, who took the Super Eagles job four years ago, won the 2013 African Cup of Nations, AFCON, in South Africa and led the team to the 2014 FIFA World Cup and the 2014 Confederations Cup, both in Brazil.
However, he has been struggling to qualify Nigeria for the 2015 Afcon, and has so far recorded a home and away defeat in Calabar and South Africa respectively.
Following the 2013 Afcon, Keshi failed to stick with the winning team of players and has been inconsistent in his choice of players for other competitions. He was criticised for the calibre of players he selected to play at the World Cup, a run
that ended at the round of 16.
Meanwhile, in spite of the sack, he and his former assistants, Daniel Amokachi and Ike Shorounmu, are expected to proceed for a coaching course, fully funded by the NFF in any country of their choice.
Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/169599-my-sack-not-the-end-of-the-world-keshi.html

Re: My Sack, Not The End Of The World – Keshi by onihaxy: 11:50am On Oct 16, 2014
Really?
Re: My Sack, Not The End Of The World – Keshi by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2014
Yes, however you need to go and think about your attitude. Though Shaibu is not better. Think everybody that has something to do with football in Nigeria, (minus Siasia) is under something.
Re: My Sack, Not The End Of The World – Keshi by Omolecturer(m): 1:42pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ehya embarassed

(1) (Reply)

2013/2014 La Liga Awards: / Morocco Has Agreed To Host The Afcon Championship Next Year / Luis Suarez: 'I Was Surprised I Wasn't Nominated For The Ballon D'or'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.