Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

How To Choose A Project Management Training Centre In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Choose A Project Management Training Centre In Nigeria (647 Views)

Who's Going To Afrika Kommt 2016 Assessment Centre In Kenya Next Month? / Ican, Acca & Cisa Tutorial Centre In Portharcourt / Project Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Choose A Project Management Training Centre In Nigeria by jerryihejirika(m): 1:53pm On Oct 16, 2014
If you are thinking of applying for a project management training in Nigeria, there are some factors you need consider before choosing any project management academy or training center, and in no particular order, here they are:

1. Location: To reduce transport cost, no one would like to be in Lagos and applying for a training in Abuja, unless you would have to travel and stay at Abuja during the duration of your training. There are a lot of project management training centers scattered across the country. You need to do a little research to not only discover the ones around you, but those ones that offer quality training.

2. Training Fees: Getting a project management training in Nigeria can cost anywhere from tens of to hundreds of thousands of naira, depending on the academy offering the training. Some fees cover the course materials, parking permits, access to the academy's knowledge database, etc, so you need to find out from the academy what their fees cover. Also note that the amount fees charged does not determine the quality of training being offered, so perform some more research before risking your hard-earned money.

3. Quality of Trainers: When I say "quality," I do not mean professionals in other fields who are claiming to offer project management trainings, but certified project management trainers. Request for the data of the trainers at the academy and perform some due diligence on their profiles. If such data or information is not available, you might want to search for other training centers within your preferred location.

4. Courses Offered: Are you sitting for the PRINCE2®, PMP®, ITIL®, or any other project management certification examinations? There are some numbers of courses that you need to cover to be fully prepared to sit for such examinations. These courses have been listed in their respective body of knowledge (BOK). Examples of BOK are the PMBOK and APMBOK. So, you need to find out if the academy will cover the relevant courses during the duration of your training.

5. Duration and Schedule: Would you prefer to receive your trainings on weekdays or weekends, or do you want to customize your schedule? You need to find out how the academy schedules their trainings and duration that each schedule would take.

6. Training Methods: Would you prefer the traditional, online or a combination of both methods? When I say traditional, I mean, physically attending the training center throughout the duration of your training.

7. Lifestyle: I know some of us might be wondering what I meant by lifestyle! Now, let me tell you. Some persons do not like the idea of attending a project management training center, maybe due to security, health or personal reasons. And these same persons might not be interested in an online training. So the best is for them to seek private trainings. Some academies have professional project management tutors and coach who can offer you private trainings or coaching at your home, office, hotel or any preferred location that's safe and convenient. Such trainings are usually offered at a much higher fee.

I have shared with you the basic factors that you must consider before choosing any project management training center in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

10 Career Mistakes Everyone Should Avoid / Acca Summit-live In Port Harcourt / ## ** ##

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.