Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (696153 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
bigblangston:
. He never used Adepoju because he thought there was nothing to play for after d loss to d swedes just wanted to use d game against england to test new players. What of the eric ejiofor that he took to d tournament (ojekeire no like dis guy) dat shitty defender all because he was able to outmuscle some ismailly fc players the guy was chosen. Pius ikedia was selected because he outperformed babaginda in training and ikedia is a yoruba right?... Comparing players frm one generation to another generation is very wrong because football is dynamic, tactics in one era may not be used in anoda era, I laff when people start comparing maradona to messi. Most coaches lik to take senior players to a major tourney so dat they can serve as a source of inspiration to the younger ones... Barthlomew ogbeche was the exception and few other players eg ejiofor, benedict akwuegbu in that star studded team. The team never really gelled cos they were hurriedly assembled because of our NFA, missed the ishaya mark aku led board

Opabunmi too was better than Ayegbeni right?

And u have nt defended his comment after being appointed coach of 3SC in 2003

This Ojeikere that u are always mentioning sef.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by 2sex(m): 11:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
safarigirl:
na wa o....you get time me

@ mrfellory, you hate me? Hate is a very strong word to use on someone you barely know and have never met. Did I ever attack you? Did I kill someone close to you? Have I stolen from you? Does being stubborn and opinionated warrant bing hated by someone who only know an internet personality.

You all should watch the terms you use,you may dislike certain traits, but when you hate someone, you pur yourself in a bad light. If you are a Christian,you can never make heaven when you hate someone. I have altercations with many people here,but I have never attacked anyone someone else was attacking,nor have I arrived weeks after an altercation to post anything vile at one person. If you were as buy as you claim, you would not have time to read through altercations

And I can say that I certainly hate nobody, I may meet some people in reality and like their offline personalities, it is folly to judge anyone on what is said on a forum.

You don't even have your picture online, I have mine right there,anyone can see me and for those who hate me, you can even block me. I'm not talking smack and hiding my face.

97% of people who attack me here don't even have the guts to put a face to their words.

You know, girls like you are the type I fall in love with due to their high level of intelligence. You are smart and have near male traits-- tomboyism.

I love you for that. Now stop being bitter when people say they hate you, someone somewhere loves you. Keep the flag flying and I guess someone seems intimidated that their girlfriends can't match your intellects. tongue

Anybody wey no like you is bath on transformer.

Rock on girl!

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:17pm On Feb 02, 2016
Icon4s:

Recall his comment when asked abt y he took Adepoju(hu was virtually called back frm retirement) and Opabunmi to the 2002 WC when it was obvious they were nt good enough at that time to make d team.Remember he dropped Finidi George, Sunday Oliseh, Tijani Babangida and Victor Ikpeba. The Nigerian press tagged him a tribalist nt jst bc he picked Opabunmi and Adepoju ahead of the above mentioned Golden generation Eagles bt bc of the ethnocentric reason behind his decision. It was d Ibadan connection though Onigbinde is from Modakeke bt was based in Ibadan jst like Adepoju and Opabunmi.

U remember what he said when appointed Shooting stars coach for the 2003/2004 season? He said he wanted to build a 3SC team that will comprise only of the Yoruba players. 3SC managed to escape relegation that season and Onigbinde was fired grin.
Have u noticed he is d last Yoruba to coach d Super Eagles.

Although i still respect that man a lot. U know he laid d foundation for the rise of Gambian football.

You see yourself! You are not been honest with the truth.

Who dropped them? Why? Was it Onigbinde or the NFF and the Sport Minister? Was it because of indiscipline or lack of form?

The last time i checked that list, i only saw four players from his region. shocked grin

How come you only hand pick Opabunmi and Adepoju? How come you refused to see Vicent Enyeama, Bartholomew Ogbeche, Eric Ejiofor, Justice Christopher, Austin Ejide, John Utaka, Pius Ikedia etcetera Players we all know were not ready for the World Cup? In fact, some were flop while some became the best players in Europe.

Are you affirming that there was an ethnocentric reason behind Stephen Keshi decision to have picked 96% players from his region over Taye Taiwo, Obafemi Martins, Raheem Lawal, Sone Aluko, Peter Odemwigie, etcetera. players that were inform of their life?

@ bolded, do you have any prove?

Hmmm! Reason, I prefer a foreign coach because you have just.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by bigblangston: 11:27pm On Feb 02, 2016
Icon4s:

Opabunmi too was better than Ayegbeni right?

And u have nt defended his comment after being appointed coach of 3SC in 2003

This Ojeikere that u are always mentioning sef.
. Opabunmi was better than benedict akwuegbu and akwuegbu wasn't better than yakubu but akwuegbu was chosen all the same even yakubu was better than ogbeche. Then the question shud be changed to Why was benedict akwuegbu taken and yakubu dropped? I was not aware abt the comment u claimed onigbinde made concernin 3sc players so I ve no cause to defend what I don't knw. I'm nt sure the high chief said that u might ve misquoted him or u were mis-informed by a journalist. If u can provide d source and let's check for d credibility of d source...(Ade ojeikere is my best sports analyst followed by ralph chidozie george)
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:41pm On Feb 02, 2016
forgiveness:

You see yourself! You are not been honest with the truth.

Who dropped them? Why? Was it Onigbinde or the NFF and the Sport Minister? Was it because of indiscipline or lack of form?

The last time i checked that list, i only saw four players from his region. shocked grin

How come you only hand pick Opabunmi and Adepoju? How come you refused to see Vicent Enyeama, Bartholomew Ogbeche, Eric Ejiofor, Justice Christopher, Austin Ejide, John Utaka, Pius Ikedia etcetera Players we all know were not ready for the World Cup? In fact, some were flop while some became the best players in Europe.

Are you affirming that there was an ethnocentric reason behind Stephen Keshi decision to have picked 96% players from his region over Taye Taiwo, Obafemi Martins, Raheem Lawal, Sone Aluko, Peter Odemwigie, etcetera. players that were inform of their life?

@ bolded, do you have any prove?

Hmmm! Reason, I prefer a foreign coach because you have just.......

Well, I wasn't d one that raised eye-brow over Onigbinde's inclusion of Adepoju and Opabunmi. It was d Nigerian press and close observers. Adepoju had long past his peak and was nt even part of d qualifiers. Pple saw him as retired already and all of a sudden he made d world cup squad. It is jst like including some1 like John Utaka in our 2018 WC squad. Opabunmi had jst featured at d U17 WC a few months earlier and he made d list even ahead of Yakubu and Babangida. Soccer pundits then didn't understand d rationel behind d inclusion of the 2 players in the team. Opabunmi (too young & inexperienced); Adepoju( too old and had lost steam).
Onigbinde's defence was "Adepoju is my joker. Opabunmi and Adepoju are my boys so I am taking them to d World Cup". If u remembered vividly that statement didnt go down well with Pundits and analysts including some NFA board members. Some people even said he took Adepoju to d WC jst to help him financially.

I am sure u know neither Adepoju nor Opabunmi kicked a single ball at that world cup.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:52pm On Feb 02, 2016
Icon4s:

Well, I wasn't d one that raised eye-brow over Onigbinde's inclusion of Adepoju and Opabunmi. It was d Nigerian press and close observers. Adepoju had long past his peak and was nt even part of d qualifiers. Pple saw him as retired already and all of a sudden he made d world cup squad. It is jst like including some1 like John Utaka in our 2018 WC squad. Opabunmi had jst featured at d U17 WC a few months earlier and he made d list even ahead of Yakubu and Babangida. Soccer pundits then didn't understand d rationel behind d inclusion of the 2 players in the team. Opabunmi (too young & inexperienced); Adepoju( too old and had lost steam).
Onigbinde's defence was "Adepoju is my joker. Opabunmi and Adepoju are my boys so I am taking them to d World Cup". If u remembered vividly that statement didnt go down well with Pundits and analysts including some NFA board members. Some people even said he took Adepoju to d WC jst to help him financially.

I am sure u know neither Adepoju nor Opabunmi kicked a single ball at that world cup.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 11:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
[quote author=enomakos post=42552090]it is good to dream bro
but nigeria is not among the favourite[/quote.

Did u watch the Atlanta 96? Nigeria wasn't the favorite we had so many teams better than us on paper , but at the end of 90 mins of each of the matches played that year ...we became s force to reckon with . If u asked Ronaldo delimma , he will tell u that he shared tears after 90mins even d great argentines will never forget that in a rush ....

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:00am On Feb 03, 2016
bigblangston:
. Opabunmi was better than benedict akwuegbu and akwuegbu wasn't better than yakubu but akwuegbu was chosen all the same even yakuböu was better than ogbeche. Then the question shud be changed to Why was benedict akwuegbu taken and yakubu dropped? I was not aware abt the comment u claimed onigbinde made concernin 3sc players so I ve no cause to defend what I don't knw. I'm nt sure the high chief said that u might ve misquoted him or u were mis-informed by a journalist. If u can provide d source and let's check for d credibility of d source...(Ade ojeikere is my best sports analyst followed by ralph chidozie george)

What? Opabunmi better than Akwuegbu?
Opabunmi that had jst graduated from d U17 & was still at 3SC waiting for his European offers to click. Benedict Akwuegbu a graduate of the 1989 Eaglets, verstly experienced, and featured prominently at 2000 & 2002 AFCONs. Yakubu hu could also had been chosen ahead of Opabunmi was a peoduct of the 2000 Olympics, He was then playing at Macabi Haifa of Isreal and scored a hat-trick in that 4-0 demolision of Sudan enroute qualification for that 2002 WC. Most football analysts then disnt understand y Opabunmi was taken ahead of Ayegbeni. The simple answer from Onigbinde was " he is my boy".

Opabunmi's talent then was nt even any where near Victor Osimhen's talent of today.

I dnt want to drag this argument further cos this is an U23 thread. Go back in time, it is nt too long ago to remember, there were question marks as per d inclusion of Adepoju and Opabunmi in dat 2002 WC list.

As per Onigbinde's ethnocentric comment after joining 3SC I am very sure of what i am talking abt. It was even a subject of discuss in of d sports show then.I cannot give u links on that comment bc d internet was nt as widely used then as today.So probably nt documented.

2002 is jst like yesterday to me. If i can vu
vividly remember sporting events of 1984 -87 what is 2002? Jst like yesterday. wink

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:07am On Feb 03, 2016
[quote author=lexyman post=42567840][/quote]

Nobody is saying Nigeria cannot win it.
I personally believe we can win it if we get our acts right. But we are simply nt among the top favorites jst as u pointed out in 1996 too.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by bigblangston: 12:38am On Feb 03, 2016
Icon4s:

What? Opabunmi better than Akwuegbu?
Opabunmi that had jst graduated from d U17 & was still at 3SC waiting for his European offers to click. Benedict Akwuegbu a graduate of the 1989 Eaglets, verstly experienced, was our main striker to d 2000 & 2002 AFCON. Yakubu hu could also had been chosen ahead of Opabunmi was a peoduct of the 2000 Olympics, He was then playing at Macabi Haifa of Isreal and scored a hat-trick in that 4-0 demolision of Sudan enroute qualification for that 2002 WC. Most football analysts then disnt understand y Opabunmi was taken ahead of Ayegbeni. The simple answer from Onigbinde was " he is my boy".

Opabunmi's talent then was nt even any where near Victor Osimhen's talent of today.

I dnt want to drag this argument further cos this is an U23 thread. Go back in time, it is nt too long ago to remember, there were question marks as per d inclusion of Adepoju and Opabunmi in dat 2002 WC list.

As per Onigbinde's ethnocentric comment after joining 3SC I am very sure of what i am talking abt. It was even a subject of discuss in of d sports show then.I cannot give u links on that comment bc d internet was nt as widely used then as today.So probably nt documented.

2002 is jst like yesterday to me. If i can vu
vividly remember sporting events of 1984 -87 what is 2002? Jst like yesterday. wink
Lolest... Akwuegbu dat warmed d bench in d u16 wc in 1989,neva made an impact at all for Nigeria either in the junior tourney or senior team for nigeria. D guy cud only score 5 goals frm 1989-2005 for nigeria(I stand to be corrected though) better than opabunmi who was the winner of d silver shoe and bronze ball winner in only a single tournament he participated and also scored on his debut for d national team a year later after d U17 wc. And u re sayin benedict is better? Even chukwu ndukwe is better than benedict. If yinka ayefele was given a chance in the super eagles he will score more goals when he has Jay jay and kanu to supply him. If not for the guy's eye problem he wud ve grabbed more goals. Let's not derail the thread further with our blast from the past.. Though I'm still young bt I ve being in active football since I was 5 back then in Bariga, been watching,keeping for my street and running commentaries at age 5. It's nice you are bringin back memories, you need to create an oldies thread.... Had to comment because some people think I comment only when they re attacking someone,I'm comfortable reading and learning from y'all

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:53am On Feb 03, 2016
fellory:

The supernerd or whatever you call yourselfNever in your miserable life lived on the internet mention me again.I used to love that Safari girl until i saw her ranting and raining abuses on someone ciuple of months ago.Instead of the fool you are to correct her you keep patronising the girl.Be careful o i am a busy person and only come online to read football stories though regular but i hardly comment.Never in your life use stupid or any vile word to address my post if you dont want to incur my wrath.A word is enough for the wise

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:16am On Feb 03, 2016
bigblangston:
. Opabunmi was better than benedict akwuegbu and akwuegbu wasn't better than yakubu but akwuegbu was chosen all the same even yakubu was better than ogbeche. Then the question shud be changed to Why was benedict akwuegbu taken and yakubu dropped? I was not aware abt the comment u claimed onigbinde made concernin 3sc players so I ve no cause to defend what I don't knw. I'm nt sure the high chief said that u might ve misquoted him or u were mis-informed by a journalist. If u can provide d source and let's check for d credibility of d source...(Ade ojeikere is my best sports analyst followed by ralph chidozie george)

But Onigbinde after the 2002 world cup defended Opabunmi(who I knew was a shitty player then) and Adepoju who was washed up as his boys...What nonsense. And it's ignorance to say Opabunmi who couldn't hold a ball is better than established striker like Akwuegbu....smh.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by opes: 5:38am On Feb 03, 2016
Icon4s:

Opabunmi played the third match against England

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by bigblangston: 6:20am On Feb 03, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

But Onigbinde after the 2002 world cup defended Opabunmi(who I knew was a shitty player then) and Adepoju who was washed up as his boys...What nonsense. And it's ignorance to say Opabunmi who could hold a ball is better than established striker like Akwuegbu....smh.
Lol... Read what you typed very well and checked both of the player's stats before jumping into the conclusion of who is ignorant. Also re-read your last sentence.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:05am On Feb 03, 2016
I am just looking forward to a friendly between the Oliseh led Super Eagles and the Siasia led U23 Team. The game can be played in either Abuja or Uyo (Two of our best pitches) and played during any of the FIFA free windows from now to June. Or 2 or 3 days after the second leg against Egypt in March won't be a bad idea.

My Team list for the Super Eagles (STARTING 11):

......................Ikeme

Balogun....Ambrose.... Obaobona.... Echiejile

..............Onazi
................................Mikel

Musa.............Uzochukwu..................V. Moses

......................Ighalo

My U23 Team list (STARTING 11):

...................Daniel

Abdullahi......Omeruo....Troost-Ekong....Madu

....................Ndidi/Azubuike

Etebor..............Iwobi.....................Simon

..............Iheanacho
..............................Success

PREDICT CORRECTLY THE SCORELINE OF THIS EPIC GAME AND STAND A CHANCE OF WINNING A TICKET TO WATCH THE DREAM TEAM LIVE IN RIO. cool

My good friend forgiveness, pls forgive me for not including the likes of Solanke, Ilori and Aneke. We are not sure of where their nationalities lie for now. So until then.....

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 10:02am On Feb 03, 2016
Icon4s:
I am just looking forward to a friendly between the Oliseh led Super Eagles and the Siasia led U23 Team. The game can be played in either Abuja or Uyo (Two of our best pitches) and played during any of the FIFA free windows from now to June. Or 2 or 3 days after the second leg against Egypt in March won't be a bad idea.

..............Onazi

..............Iheanacho

PREDICT CORRECTLY THE SCORELINE OF THIS EPIC GAME AND STAND A CHANCE OF WINNING A TICKET TO WATCH THE DREAM TEAM LIVE IN RIO. cool

My good friend forgiveness, pls forgive me for not including the likes of Solanke, Ilori and Aneke. We are not sure of where their nationalities lie for now. So until then.....

Super eagles vs super eagles ....1st eleven vs reserved bench . ....(present /future ) under 23 will either win/draw .they can never lose

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:08am On Feb 03, 2016
Icon4s:

But your body language proved otherwise because you concluded 'don't go the way of Onigbinde' and 'bb of his ethnocentric decision of picking... ' I think those words weren't framed by the press or closed observers but by you.

I can't see any cogent reason behind his decision to take Adepoju to the world Cup but Opabunmi is understandable because i remember he was given the task to build a new team. Remember, Opabunmi won Silver shoe and Bronze ball in 2001 U17 and he scored a goal for the Super Eagles in his debut match. Remember, Onigbinde did the same with Rasheed Yekini in 1984 and the rest is history. So, we can say atleast some of the players he introduced into National team latter became legend. But that can't be said of Keshi 2013 winning team.

You said Opabunmi made the list ahead of Yakubu and Babangida. Is Opabunmi a striker or a right winger? Because i know he plays in non of those positions.

So, you should have asked yourself, who did Onigbinde replaced Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Tijani Babangida with? I know you the encyclopedia of Nigerian football should know that Bartholomew Ogbeche or Benidict Akwuegbu replaced Yakubu Aiyegbeni and John Utaka or Pius Ikedia replaced Tijani Babangida but you turned blind eyes to that. Why?

Remember, our best match in 2002 world Cup was against England. Opabunmi started the match and was substituted in the 86th minutes. You may want to ask where is he today but i will not tell you the answer because you already knew what happened to the lad.

Are you not one of those who suggested that Kelechi Iheanacho should have been included in the list of 2014 World Cup squad?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 11:39am On Feb 03, 2016
Icon4s:

..............Onazi

..............Iheanacho

@ bolded is very interesting grin but we know that match will never happen.

However, just like you said in one of your post, let's entice them with the opportunity of playing in the Olympics. grin

What do you think sir?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by fellory: 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2016
safarigirl:
na wa o....you get time me

@ mrfellory, you hate me? Hate is a very strong word to use on someone you barely know and have never met. Did I ever attack you? Did I kill someone close to you? Have I stolen from you? Does being stubborn and opinionated warrant bing hated by someone who only know an internet personality.

You all should watch the terms you use,you may dislike certain traits, but when you hate someone, you pur yourself in a bad light. If you are a Christian,you can never make heaven when you hate someone. I have altercations with many people here,but I have never attacked anyone someone else was attacking,nor have I arrived weeks after an altercation to post anything vile at one person. If you were as buy as you claim, you would not have time to read through altercations

And I can say that I certainly hate nobody, I may meet some people in reality and like their offline personalities, it is folly to judge anyone on what is said on a forum.

You don't even have your picture online, I have mine right there,anyone can see me and for those who hate me, you can even block me. I'm not talking smack and hiding my face.

97% of people who attack me here don't even have the guts to put a face to their words.

Safarigeh i never mentioned hate i only said i used to "love" my feeling is just that of apathy now.You are just too aggressive and you take offence at the slightest prodding.And o yes you actually gave me a dose of it back then. It is strange that the "olugbejas" have not noticed it.I mean your uncouthness. I am done with this issue.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
forgiveness:

@ bolded is very interesting grin but we know that match will never happen.

However, just like you said in one of your post, let's entice them with the opportunity of playing in the Olympics. grin

What do you think sir?

Yes that match will never happen bc the senior Super Eagles players will consider it as an insult and hence won't show up

On the issue of enticement; nothing wrong in d NFF going for those Europe groomed players bt are d players interested in playng for Nigeria?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 12:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
Icon4s:

Yes that match will never happen bc the senior Super Eagles players will consider it as an insult and hence won't show up

On the issue of enticement; nothing wrong in d NFF going for those Europe groomed players bt are d players interested in playng for Nigeria?

NFF should approach them first before we can ascertain their position or interest in playing for Nigeria.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by opes: 2:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
forgiveness:

But your body language proved otherwise because you concluded 'don't go the way of Onigbinde' and 'bb of his ethnocentric decision of picking... ' I think those words weren't framed by the press or closed observers but by you.

I can't see any cogent reason behind his decision to take Adepoju to the world Cup but Opabunmi is understandable because i remember he was given the task to build a new team. Remember, Opabunmi won Silver shoe and Bronze ball in 2001 U17 and he scored a goal for the Super Eagles in his debut match. Remember, Onigbinde did the same with Rasheed Yekini in 1984 and the rest is history. So, we can say atleast some of the players he introduced into National team latter became legend. But that can't be said of Keshi 2013 winning team.

You said Opabunmi made the list ahead of Yakubu and Babangida. Is Opabunmi a striker or a right winger? Because i know he plays in non of those positions.

So, you should have asked yourself, who did Onigbinde replaced Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Tijani Babangida with? I know you the encyclopedia of Nigerian football should know that Bartholomew Ogbeche or Benidict Akwuegbu replaced Yakubu Aiyegbeni and John Utaka or Pius Ikedia replaced Tijani Babangida but you turned blind eyes to that. Why?

Remember, our best match in 2002 world Cup was against England. Opabunmi started the match and was substituted in the 86th minutes. You may want to ask where is he today but i will not tell you the answer because you already knew what happened to the lad.

Are you not one of those who suggested that Kelechi Iheanacho should have been included in the list of 2014 World Cup squad?

Yakubu was dropped because he wasnt fit for the tournament, he had eyes surgery weeks before the competition. i believe Adepoju was included to support the defence, not the attack. udeze was red carded during the qualifier, not available for selection in the first game against Argentina.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
Icon4s:

..............Onazi

..............Iheanacho

The question is who is coaching? I would give the seniors the edge in midfield and defence and attack on would be toss up but with a good coach either sise
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 3:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
opes:

Yakubu was dropped because he wasnt fit for the tournament, he had eyes surgery weeks before the competition. i believe Adepoju was included to support the defence, not the attack. udeze was red carded during the qualifier, not available for selection in the first game against Argentina.

Another revelation. Thanks
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
Icon4s:

..............Onazi

..............Iheanacho

The question is who is coaching? I would give the seniors the edge in midfield and defence and attack on would be toss up but with a good coach either side could win.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

The question is who is coaching? I would give the seniors the edge in midfield and defence and attack on would be toss up but with a good coach either side could win.

Considering that Oliseh handles the Super Eagles and Siasia handles the U23 team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
bigblangston:
Lol... Read what you typed very well and checked both of the player's stats before jumping into the conclusion of who is ignorant. Also re-read your last sentence.

I don't have any stats but I know of then that Akwuegbu is more experienced and established than an upcoming Opabunmi who was yet to find his footing. And my last sentence was an oversight..guy,chill.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by justiz5(m): 3:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
Icon4s:

Considering that Oliseh handles the Super Eagles and Siasia handles the U23 team.
Ghang Ghang !!!

See Gobe .......

That will be a very nice match to watch you know. gringrin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
Icon4s:

Oga right now i am still routing for the se because of love of country i dont believe Oliseh is the man for the job but it is what it is. The senior team u picked is good enough to win that match but their coaching staff could let then down.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by bigblangston: 4:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

I don't have any stats but I know of then that Akwuegbu is more experienced and established than an upcoming Opabunmi who was yet to find his footing. And my last sentence was an oversight..guy,chill.
You don't ve any stats to show that akwuegbu was better than opabunmi to drive home a point but u quickly asserted it was ignorance that is affecting anyone that says that opabunmi was a better player even when he tries to present some facts to back up his points,Smh!!! Question for you nw. An experienced chigozie agbim also an established player because he was the former captain of the home eagles,went to major tourneys like world cup,confederation cup,afcon,chan is better than our gold winning U17 keeper akpan david udoh based on your own yardstick for knowing better players
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Oga right now i am still routing for the se because of love of country i dont believe Oliseh is the man for the job but it is what it is. The senior team u picked is good enough to win that match but their coaching staff could let then down.

In other words u dnt believe in Oliseh.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
Icon4s:

In other words u dnt believe in Oliseh.
Lol oga i dont need other words o i don't plain and simple. I know he will one day he will be a good coach but y can't he go experiment with shooting stars or akwa united. Welp i still must surport.

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.