Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (696245 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:40am On Jun 23, 2015
mrham03:
aguero was signed from atletico madrid

Don't mind me it is a mistake. After typing so many inter Milan, I made a mistake. He was signed from Atletico were he played along side Forlan and A very young De Gea.

I hope Success agent pushes the deal with whatever convincing power he has. Isaac Success at Inter Milan will give the agent more money in the long run because with the potential of Success, he has what it takes to turn into a World Class forward.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mrham03(m): 8:45am On Jun 23, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Don't mind me it is a mistake. After typing so many inter Milan, I made a mistake. He was signed from Atletico were he played along side Forlan and A very young De Gea.

I hope Success agent pushes the deal with whatever convincing power he has. Isaac Success at Inter Milan will give the agent more money in the long run because with the potential of Success, he has what it takes to turn into a World Class forward.
thats true, with a coach like mancini who likes to develop young talents, am sure nigeria will be getting a new obafemi martins or even better.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:45am On Jun 23, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Actually you have a point, but Man City also should be blamed. They didn't release him on time, and he couldn't gel up with the Lads as expected.
Let's hope he is used to his best of abilities by Siasia!

I disagree with the gelling excuse because Bulbwa got more playing time than Nacho but Nacho was more impactful than him. Manu Garba did not play to Nacho's strength and used him wrongly.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:50am On Jun 23, 2015
mrham03:
thats true, with a coach like mancini who likes to develop young talents, am sure nigeria will be getting a new obafemi martins or even better.

Mancini and Inter Milan signed Kondogbia from Monaco. Another young promising talent signed by Mancini. Watch Mancini turn this kid into another Yaya Toure. Mancini was also the one who made Yaya Toure a more attacking player after he signed him from Barcelona.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mrham03(m): 8:59am On Jun 23, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Mancini and Inter Milan signed Kondogbia from Monaco. Another young promising talent signed by Mancini. Watch Mancini turn this kid into another Yaya Toure. Mancini was also the one who made Yaya Toure a more attacking player after he signed him from Barcelona.
yeah, kondogbia is a great talent and i trust mancini to get the best out of him, i jux want the italian league to be competitive. Am tired of juventus always winning the title, i know inter will be fierce nxt season with a gud starting eleven and a quality bench as well. As for the u-23 team, they shouldnt underestimate congo at all coz their coach claude le roy can cause harm.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:55am On Jun 23, 2015
linked:
Two matches Cant remember that
He played our first group match against Brazil and came in against Korea DPR as a 77th minute sub. Pls check your records.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 23, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I disagree with the gelling excuse because Bulbwa got more playing time than Nacho but Nacho was more impactful than him. Manu Garba did not play to Nacho's strength and used him wrongly.
Nacho plays as a Striker at Man City (I agree he's very clinical for the EDS). The U20 Team is built around Awoniyi (a good Striker in making at international level). Who would you have preferred between the two? And which position is better for Iheanacho at international level because I'm not seeing him playing as a Striker for the U23 Team as well.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:05am On Jun 23, 2015
Na wa o! You don change d pix... Hahahahaha... Even dis one na die! U luk 'ACROMEGALIC' wit a guerilla face here... Hahaha... Ur supraorbital ridges are bulging out, ur nose is super broad, and u got a little 'PROGNATHISM'. Bros, d oda pix make sense pass dis one o! ~smiles~

Anyway, good to see Nacho and Yahaya(the top two most technically gifted players in d u-20 team) getting set to lace their boots 4 the u-23. Add Simon Moses to da mix and I beliv Siasia got talents out of which to make a truly truly great team.

terzurum5:
I be ugly guy but my mother still dey call me fine boy. So Safarigirl me I no ugly at all.

Pls vote me 4 mr 5n boy Nairaland. I fine no be small, you can check my pikcho to confirm.
Hope this one helps me to win this time around.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:04am On Jun 23, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Na wa o! You don change d pix... Hahahahaha... Even dis one na die! U luk 'ACROMEGALIC' wit a guerilla face here... Hahaha... Ur supraorbital ridges are bulging out, ur nose is super broad, and u got a little 'PROGNATHISM'. Bros, d oda pix make sense pass dis one o! ~smiles~

Anyway, good to see Nacho and Yahaya(the top two most technically gifted players in d u-20 team) getting set to lace their boots 4 the u-23. Add Simon Moses to da mix and I beliv Siasia got talents out of which to make a truly truly great team.

Chaiiii now I know why Mama Patience tulk say 'dearis God oooo'!
Person pikin go fear terminologies.
Chai bro take am easy oooo
I can't stop laffing.
These medical termi(kill)nologies are capable of causing some one laughinjaitis.
~smiles~
let the games begin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:06am On Jun 23, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

Chaiiii now I know why Mama Patience tulk say 'dearis God oooo'!
Person pikin go fear terminologies.
Chai bro take am easy oooo
I can't stop laffing.
These medical termi(kill)nologies are capable of causing some one laughinjaitis.
~smiles~
let the games begin. Check my picture below to see what you have caused me.
I laughed so much and I just feel exactly like the picture below.
Hahahahahaha

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:38am On Jun 23, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Nacho plays as a Striker at Man City (I agree he's very clinical for the EDS). The U20 Team is built around Awoniyi (a good Striker in making at international level). Who would you have preferred between the two? And which position is better for Iheanacho at international level because I'm not seeing him playing as a Striker for the U23 Team as well.

The attack of the Flying Eagles is built around Awo because of preference and not because he is a superior attacking talent to Nacho. Awo never held down a game like Nacho did against Mexico in the U17 first leg or dominated a training game like Nacho.

If Awo was in the EDS now, Nacho will receive the nod to attack over Awo.

As for the U23 .If Siasia is not going to give a fair competition for who will lead the attack line and let Success, Awo battle for the nine position, he should leave them to fight for shirts in their clubs.

As for Nacho, I prefer him to play from the right like Messi. That is as a forward and let Simon Moses attack from the left.

I believe Success is a better hitman up front than Awo.

If Nacho is not attacking, Siasia should leave him with City. He is Better off there in terms of development.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
Siasia is going with a two man striker force then a Nacho - Success combination will be the most lethal combination. With Yahaya and Simon behind them.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
terzurum5:

He played our first group match against Brazil and came in against Korea DPR as a 77th minute sub. Pls check your records.
I remember now... Can you imagine! SMH

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 23, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The attack of the Flying Eagles is built around Awo because of preference and not because he is a superior attacking talent to Nacho. Awo never held down a game like Nacho did against Mexico in the U17 first leg or dominated a training game like Nacho.

If Awo in the EDS now, Nacho will receive the nod to attack over Awo.

As for the U23 .If Siasia is not going to give a fair competition for who will lead the attack line and let Success, Awo battle for the nine position, he should leave them to fight for shirts in their clubs.

As for Nacho, I prefer him to play from the right like Messi. That is as a striker and let Simon Moses attack from the left.

I believe Success is a better hitman up front than Awo.

If Nacho is not attacking, Siasia should leave him with City. He is Better off there in terms of development.
But he didn't invite Success
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
adeyemi2015:

But he didn't invite Success

Because of selection based on preference than talents available. I pointed out earlier that Siasia should invite all the flying eagles players and screen out the best in each position.

What I pointed out is what should happen but Siasia is not taking that route. I do not get why someone with the ability of Success is not invited. Also, he should leave Nacho if Siasia's selection is sentimental and bias.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Because of selection based on preference than talents available. I pointed out earlier that Siasia should invite all the flying eagles players and screen out the best in each position.

What I pointed out is what should happen but Siasia is not taking that route. I do not get why someone with the ability of Success is not invited. Also, he should leave Nacho if Siasia's selection is sentimental and bias.
Except Success, maybe Nwakali and Idowu, I do not see anyone else who deserves a call up to the U23 Team! Though from my personal point of view!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by samueld0(m): 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Except Success, maybe Nwakali and Idowu, I do not see anyone else who deserves a call up to the U23 Team! Though from my personal point of view!

Nwobodo,(if he's back from injury ) Mathew, Ezeh, Okon, this guyz should be screened as well maybe atleast two or three can make it out of them expecialy Mathew and Ezeh

That Ifeanyi Ifeanyi is a shit

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by samueld0(m): 9:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
Siasia invites Norway-based defender Akinyemi

Nigeria U-23 coach Samson Siasia has invited Norway-based central defender Sola Akinyemi ahead of next month’s crucial CAF Championship qualifier against Congo.
Siasia’s Dream Team will welcome Congo to Abuja on July 18 in a first leg qualifier for the Olympic qualifier to be staged in Senegal in November.
The 22-year-old Akinyemi has previously tried out with Nigeria U-20 team, the Flying Eagles, prior to the 2013 U-20 World Cup in Turkey. He is expected to shore up the defence of the Olympic team which Siasia has admitted could be a lot better.
Akinyemi is due in the team’s training camp in Abuja later this week.
Siasia has embarked on a massive reorganization of his team a month to the Congo clash with the dropping of seven players and the drafting of several Flying Eagles stars led by Taiwo Awoniyi.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
Germany and Denmark have just qualified for the Olympics.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
adeyemi2015:

You can not tell without a proper screening. Coach Siasia should invite them and select the best from both teams.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 24, 2015
safarigirl:
All these ugly boys wey full sports section, no be una mates dey conter for Mr. NL so? Na so all of una just lock up for here like say nothing dey happen tongue. Oya, permission to mention you to vote my people as una no dey interested, granted?

Hahahahaha..
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 24, 2015
Isaac Success is a beast in front of goal. He is compose, lethal and finishes clinically well.
For work rate, I give it to awoniyi..

I just pray that this Inter Milan deal goes through for him.
He's got good prospects.
Why will Sia1 leave him out? ?..

I wish Sia1 success in his quest to reach the Olympics.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 24, 2015
samueld0:

Nwobodo,(if he's back from injury ) Mathew, Ezeh, Okon, this guyz should be screened as well maybe atleast two or three can make it out of them expecialy Mathew and Ezeh

That Ifeanyi Ifeanyi is a shit
It would be unfair and unjust for Siasia to discard his present U23 Team for the Prospects from the U20 Team. He has done his best by inviting few of them. We shouldn't rush, rather be patient and calmly watch them play.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 24, 2015
adeyemi2015:

It would be unfair and unjust for Siasia to discard his present U23 Team for the Prospects from the U20 Team. He has done his best by inviting few of them. We shouldn't rush, rather be patient and calmly watch them play.

I think emotion and sentiments shouldn't not be a yardstick for Sia 1 to select his team but for him to give a level playing ground for this present crop of Under 23 and incoming flying eagle players.
He has good arrays of players at his disposal, it is left for him to make a formidable team out of them.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
casket:

I think emotion and sentiments shouldn't not be a yardstick for Sia 1 to select his team but for him to give a level playing ground for this present crop of Under 23 and incoming flying eagle players.
He has good arrays of players at his disposal, it is left for him to make a formidable team out of them.
I understand you dude! But I think SiaOne needs the Attackers more than the Defenders in his present Team. He needs Goals Scorers (and a good attacking Midfielder). I wouldn't be surprised if he deploys Awoniyi upfront, flanked by Simon on the left and Iheanacho on the right, and probably plays Yahaya as an attacking Midfielder (instead of Sokari) in their next Olympic Qualifying Match.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
adeyemi2015:

haba...not even Yahaya?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
safarigirl:
haba...not even Yahaya?
grin grin
Yahaya is already invited! He's in the list dear!!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by samueld0(m): 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2015
Angry Siasia issues deadline to Awoniyi, Alampasu

Abuja - Coach of Nigeria’s national U23 team Samson Siasia has expressed disappointment over the lackluster attitude of some Flying Eagles players, and as a result issued Friday deadline to report to the team's camp or forget about the invitation.
Goalkeeper Dele Alampasu, forward Taiwo Awoniyi and Captain Musa Muhammed are among the home based Flying Eagles players invited by Siasia for the African U-23 Championship qualifier between Nigeria and Congo, scheduled for Sunday, July 19 at the National Stadium, Abuja.
Expressing anger at the attitude of the players to the invitation, Siasia said he cannot understand why players who called to beg for permission to see their families and rest a little (after the FIFA U20 World Cup) would fail to report to camp after the one -week grace he granted.
Also read: Siasia drops seven players for Iheanacho, Awoniyi
"No player can hold the nation to ransom. This attitude of theirs is unprofessional. When the players arrived from the U-20 World Cup, they called me to beg for a grace period to rest a little, which I did, and they promised to report after one week. It is now more than one week and none of them is around."
Siasia disclosed that the Friday deadline is to give the players the benefit of doubt.
It would be recalled that Coach Siasia had invited Captain Musa Mohammed, strikers Godwin Savior and Taiwo Awoniyi and goalkeeper Dele Alampasu who are based at home to report to camp on Monday 22nd June, while the overseas-based players Kingsley Sokari, Musa Yahaya, Kelechi Iheanacho and Moses Simon have been given until two weeks to the African U-23 Championship qualifier against Congo billed for Port Harcourt on July 19.
Already, Sharks FC defender Chima Akas and his Warri Wolves counterpart, Semiu Liadi alongside the overseas-based Umar Aminu, Shehu Abdullahi and Ikechukwu Okorie have all reported to camp, cutting short their break.

http://m.news24.com/Nigeria/Sport/Football/Angry-Siasia-issues-deadline-to-Awoniyi-Alampasu-20150624
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
adeyemi2015:

I understand you dude! But I think SiaOne needs the Attackers more than the Defenders in his present Team. He needs Goals Scorers (and a good attacking Midfielder). I wouldn't be surprised if he deploys Awoniyi upfront, flanked by Simon on the left and Iheanacho on the right, and probably plays Yahaya as an attacking Midfielder (instead of Sokari) in their next Olympic Qualifying Match.
do you really think Nacho n Simon will be available for that match?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2015
adeyemi2015:

grin grin
Yahaya is already invited! He's in the list dear!!!
OK....didn't know you were referring strictly to the uninvited players
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
samueld0:
Angry Siasia issues deadline to Awoniyi, Alampasu

Abuja - Coach of Nigeria’s national U23 team Samson Siasia has expressed disappointment over the lackluster attitude of some Flying Eagles players, and as a result issued Friday deadline to report to the team's camp or forget about the invitation.
Goalkeeper Dele Alampasu, forward Taiwo Awoniyi and Captain Musa Muhammed are among the home based Flying Eagles players invited by Siasia for the African U-23 Championship qualifier between Nigeria and Congo, scheduled for Sunday, July 19 at the National Stadium, Abuja.
Expressing anger at the attitude of the players to the invitation, Siasia said he cannot understand why players who called to beg for permission to see their families and rest a little (after the FIFA U20 World Cup) would fail to report to camp after the one -week grace he granted.
Also read: Siasia drops seven players for Iheanacho, Awoniyi
"No player can hold the nation to ransom. This attitude of theirs is unprofessional. When the players arrived from the U-20 World Cup, they called me to beg for a grace period to rest a little, which I did, and they promised to report after one week. It is now more than one week and none of them is around."
Siasia disclosed that the Friday deadline is to give the players the benefit of doubt.
It would be recalled that Coach Siasia had invited Captain Musa Mohammed, strikers Godwin Savior and Taiwo Awoniyi and goalkeeper Dele Alampasu who are based at home to report to camp on Monday 22nd June, while the overseas-based players Kingsley Sokari, Musa Yahaya, Kelechi Iheanacho and Moses Simon have been given until two weeks to the African U-23 Championship qualifier against Congo billed for Port Harcourt on July 19.
Already, Sharks FC defender Chima Akas and his Warri Wolves counterpart, Semiu Liadi alongside the overseas-based Umar Aminu, Shehu Abdullahi and Ikechukwu Okorie have all reported to camp, cutting short their break.

http://m.news24.com/Nigeria/Sport/Football/Angry-Siasia-issues-deadline-to-Awoniyi-Alampasu-20150624
make Siasia kponkpi abeg. This one wey e just dey blow hot air everywhere, no be him call the boys ni?

He should do what he wants, make we see if boys wey no fit win Zambia go come win Congo. They will come, but they're still traumatised by the U20 loss grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
N
safarigirl:
OK....didn't know you were referring strictly to the uninvited players
You just nailed it!
That's the point!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.