Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (696175 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by shogz89: 9:11pm On May 26, 2016
terzurum5:
Watch out for Mali U23 and Guinea U23.

I just want to believe that their real squad was not taken to that tournament. If not, why should and Olympics invitee (team) by trashed 7:1
--------------------------------------
[b][size=14pt]
Toulon Tournament Results (Soccer - World)
[/size]

Match results so far

Thu 26.05.2016
20:30

France U20 stats Czech Republic U20
18:00 Mali U23 3 - 1 Bulgaria U21

Wed 25.05.2016
20:45 Paraguay U23 0 - 4 England U21

18:15 Guinea U23 1 - 2 Japan U23

Tue 24.05.2016
20:30 France U20 2 - 1 Mali U23

18:00 Bulgaria U21 0 - 1 Mexico U23

Mon 23.05.20161X2
20:45 England U21 7 - 1 Guinea U23

18:15 Japan U23 0 - 1 Portugal U20

Sun 22.05.2016
19:30 Czech Republic U20 0 - 0 Bulgaria U21

17:00 Mali U23 3 - 3 Mexico U23

Sat 21.05.2016
19:45 Portugal U20 2 - 0 Guinea U23

17:15 Japan U23 1 - 2 Paraguay U23

Fri 20.05.2016
20:30 Bulgaria U21 0 - 1 France U20

18:00 Mexico U23 1 - 2 Czech Republic U20

Thu 19.05.2016
20:30 England U21 1 - 0 Portugal U20

18:00 Guinea U23 1 - 3 Paraguay U23

Wed 18.05.2016
20:30 Mexico U23 1 - 3 France U20

18:00 Czech Republic U20 1 - 0 Mali U23
www.sportstats.com/soccer/world/toulon-tournament/results/
[/b]

see the way african teams dey jonz, if nigeria fail to make it far I dont think this one's can represent africa well. Wish the dream the best

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:12pm On May 26, 2016
joseph1013:
How did you dig this out? :-O

In any case, that proves my point. Invite players to the national team based on present form. Saviour was hot in 2015 and without sentiments, we all hailed him and thought he more than deserved his place in the team.

There is no point in coaches shouting and urging players to work hard at their individual clubs if they already know the players they would choose.

It is not transparency to ask Anichebe to come to camp for Rio based on his performance in Beijing 2008. I'm really surprised that you're about the only person who doesn't understand this.

Beijing '08 is eight years ago. This is last year. Secondly, after that, Godwin worked with Coach Siasia already.

His selection is based on what he can bring to the team. Players have different styles of playing. Coach Siasia probably thinks the guy has not faded.

Remember C. Nwakali on bench for a long time. Never played once. It was not that Nwakali was not good but the coach did not like him. He left to Norway and he picked up in a short time.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:22pm On May 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Beijing '08 is eight years ago. This is last year. Secondly, after that, Godwin worked with Coach Siasia already.

His selection is based on what he can bring to the team. Players have different styles of playing. Coach Siasia probably thinks the guy has not faded.

Remember C. Nwakali on bench for a long time. Never played once. It was not that Nwakali was not good but the coach did not like him. He left to Norway and he picked up in a short time.

What's the difference? Anichebe still played few league matches for West Brom this past season. He definitely featured more than Saviour. Are you saying that you won't support Siasia if he calls Anichebe to the Olympics?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:33pm On May 26, 2016
joseph1013:

What's the difference? Anichebe still played few league matches for West Brom this past season. He definitely featured more than Saviour. Are you saying that you won't support Siasia if he calls Anichebe to the Olympics?

Are you trying to cracked my ribs with laugh? Anichebe is a point man, not young, scored no goal last season. There is no reason at all for his call up. At the expense of who? Nacho, Success, Ighalo, Musa.

It will not happen or cross coach Siasia's mind.

When we talk of Awoniyi and Saviour, we are talking of two promising future talents of the country.

What is Anichebe's level, promising past talent?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:39pm On May 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Are you trying to cracked my ribs with laugh. Anichebe is a point man, not young, scored no goal last season. There is no reason at all for his call up. At the expense of who? Nacho, Success, Ighalo, Musa.

It will not happen or cross coach Siasia's mind.

When we talk of Awoniyi and Saviour, we are talking of two promising future talents of the country.

What is Anichebe's level, promising past talent?

You didn't answer my question. If Siasia calls up Anichebe and says he fits his criteria as one of the overaged players based on the work he has done with him in the past, will you be opposed to it?

Don't tell me it can never happen. You are not Siasia and you have no idea what goes on in his mind.

Just answer the question.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:43pm On May 26, 2016
joseph1013:

You didn't answer my question. If Siasia calls up Anichebe and says he fits his criteria as one of the overaged players based on the work he has done with him in the past, will you be opposed to it?

Don't tell me it can never happen. You are not Siasia and you have no idea what goes on in his mind.

That is like saying Coach Siasia will call Kanu Nwankwo because of his achievements.

Can you show me one overage player with Anichebe's stats that coach Siasia will invite? He never considered Anichebe for the Super Eagles team. So I can not answer what will not happen.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:47pm On May 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That is like saying Coach Siasia will call Kanu Nwankwo because of his achievements.

Can you show me one overage player with Anichebe's stats that coach Siasia will invite? He never considered Anichebe for the Super Eagles team. So I can not answer what will not happen.

If you can't answer a simple question, then it's better I let go of the discussion. In any case, I have already agreed with you that Siasia is the Almighty. His decisions cannot be questioned.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:52pm On May 26, 2016
joseph1013:

If you can't answer a simple question, then it's better I let go the discussion. In any case, I have already agreed with you that Siasia is the Almighty. His decisions cannot be questioned.

Coaches can never be almighty. It is a tough task but at the end, it is their ideas they play on the field. Not ours. You can try to understand their philosophy and criticise from their philosophies.

Let take an unlikely scenario that Coach Siasia decides he wants to park the bus and plays with a strong man upfront (note Aaron Samuel is a better fit with goals for this).

I can not say he should play Success or Nacho. Ighalo can play it but he is not as strong as the above two. Emenike is even stronger.

I will not like it and support it because there are better options who fit it.

If deep down in Coach Siasia's mind, he believes that is the right choice, I will support him and hope it works.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:54pm On May 26, 2016
joseph1013:

If you can't answer a simple question, then it's better I let go of the discussion. In any case, I have already agreed with you that Siasia is the Almighty. His decisions cannot be questioned.

However, I do not see Coach Siasia defending with one big forward upfront. He will either play with two forwards or a front three. Two supports and one point.

I do not see how Anichebe can pop into the list.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:49pm On May 26, 2016
Isaac Success' Move to Watford Could Depend on Ighalo's Future

ByHarry Kettle

26 May 2016

Nigerian Striker Isaac Success' transfer from Granada to Watford could depend on whether or not Odion Ighalo leaves Vicarage Road.

According to ​Watford Observer, the youngster Success has drawn the attention of clubs like Atletico Madrid and Valencia, however he is expected to choose Watford as his destination.
Despite this, his agent Dominic Egbukwu has come out and said that everything could come down to whether or not star striker Ighalo stays or leaves the club in the summer transfer window. He told allnigeriasoccer.com “Isaac Success will join Watford if Ighalo is sold
"In the first half of the season, several big teams in England, including Chelsea, were calling Watford that they want to sign him but he didn't score much in the second half. We are still negotiating his wages and hopefully an agreement will be reached soon.
Despite these claims, reports over in Granada have said that Success' move to London could be finalised within the next seven days. The striker is currently residing in his home nation of Nigeria with his family with a reported five-year-deal expected to be agreed soon.

Success will be looking to help Watford build on a magnificent first season back in the Premier League that saw them finish 13th.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:58pm On May 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Godwin Saviour is not just a bench warmer but one of our promising lights. This is not about reviving his career. This is about giving Godwin Saviour a chance to prove that the young promising star in the U20 camp is still in there.

It is a good opportunity. Let us hope Godwin takes the bull by the horn.

Let me reserve my comment for now.

I shall pick up the matter after the Suwon International tourney.

I just pray the final selection is good enough to win us Gold
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:09am On May 27, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
BIG MONEY OFFER FROM CSKA MOSCOW THREATHENS BESIKTAS’S DEAL FOR AMINU UMAR
[/size]

Aminu Umar’s proposed move to Besiktas from Osmanlispor has been rocked by news of a big money offer from Russian league champions CSKA Moscow, Owngoalnigeria.com can reveal.

Umar has already agreed personal terms with the Turkish league champions on a two year deal with the option of a third based on success but they are yet to match Osmanlispor’s valuation of the 21 year old who scored 8 goals in the just concluded season.

CSKA Moscow’s bid from what we gathered is way bigger than what Besiktas offered Osmanlispor as they view Aminu as a like for like replacement for the assistant captain of the Nigeria national team Ahmed Musa who looks certain to leave the Russian champions for England.

Osmanlispor according to our investigations will prefer to sell the forward abroad than to a local rival further swinging the advantage in favour of CSKA Moscow who are expected to rake in over £23m from the sale of Musa.

The Russian champions rejected Leicester City’s renewed £23m bid for the 23 year old Musa as confirmed by manager Leonid Slutskiy as they are holding out for more and with Tottenham Hotspur reportedly willing to join the tussle for the forward who finished the season with 18 goals in all competition, his market value is expected to soar.

Umar is presently in the camp of the Nigeria senior national team preparing for tomorrow’s friendly against Mali.
*Rasheed Michael
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/05/26/big-money-offer-from-cska-moscow-threathens-besiktass-deal-for-aminu-umar/

[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:11am On May 27, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
U-23s TO LEAVE FOR SOUTH KOREA ON MONDAY
[/size]

The Nigeria U-23 team will most likely depart the shores of Nigeria in the early hours of Monday possibly late Sunday night for South Korea where they will be participating in a pre Olympic tournament in Suwon.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered from top sources in the team’s camp that they will most likely arrive Suwon few hours before their first game against host South Korea on Tuesday June 2nd at the Suwon World cup stadium.

Nigeria will however have a two day rest before their second game against Honduras on June 4 at the Goyang Stadium in Goyang, north of Seoul before rounding up the tournament with a tie against Denmark two days later at the Bucheon Stadium in Bucheon,west of Seoul.

The tournament is meant to prepare the Nigeria U-23s, the dream team as they fondly called for the male football event at the Olympic games in Rio where they are in group B with Colombia, Japan and Sweden.

*Rasheed Michaels
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/05/27/u-23s-to-leave-for-south-korea-on-monday/

[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:20am On May 27, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigerian Exports : Ndidi Goes The Distance; Onuachu & Uzochukwu Subbed In; Oduamadi Strikes Again; Onovo Returns
[/size]

Catch up on the performances of players of Nigerian descent in Europe on Thursday.

Nigeria midfielder Wilfred Ndidi played the entirety of Racing Genk’s 2-0 loss to Sporting Charleroi in the Belgian Pro League playoffs.

And this explains why he is yet to join his international teammates in France for Friday’s friendly vs Mali.

In the Danish Superliga, Rilwan Hassan played 76 minutes ofFC Midtjylland’s goalless draw at AaB.

The lanky striker Paul Onuachu came off the bench 11 minutes out of intermission.

Super Eagle Izunna Uzochukwu was introduced in the 70th minute in OB Odense’s 2-1 loss to AGF at Ceres Park.

AC Milan loanee Nnamdi Oduamadi bagged his fourth Veikkausliiga goal as HJK Helsinki beat HIFK in the derby. The winger was on target in the 11th minute.

Left backTaye Taiwo and Oduamadi went the full 90 minutes, while fit again midfielder Vincent Onovo was introduced in the 73rd minute.

Macauley Chrisantus was not involved in AEK Athens’s 3-1 win over Panathinaikos in the Greek Super League playoffs. The striker has not featured for the capital side December 2015.

Igho Kingsley
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19192

[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:23am On May 27, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Birmingham City Grant Permission To Nigeria Fanatic Solomon Otabor To Join Dream Team
[/size]

Championship outfit Birmingham City have granted permission to their Young Player of the Year Viv Solomon-Otabor to link up with the Nigeria U23s squad ahead of the 2016 Olympic Games in Brazil.

The Blues hierarchy had played hardball over the release of the highly-rated winger but softened their heart after the player and his agent appealed.

“It’s correct he has been called up to the Nigeria U23s. Initially his club refused to grant him permission to join the team, as an integral part of their first team,” Viv’s dad, ex-Bendel Insurance star Victor-Banks Otabor, told
allnigeriasoccer.com.

“But after some discussions with Viv, his agent and the club manager, the manager now granted his release on Wednesday afternoon.

“From what I know he wants to represent Nigeria, he’s a Nigerian fanatic, that I can tell you.”

The 20-year-old Solomon- Otabor trained with the Nigeria U23s last summer and was in line to make his long awaited debut for the Samson Siasia-led side in November/December 2015 but the Africa U23 Cup of Nations fell outside Fifa’s international match calendar.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19190

[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by yoged(m): 9:10am On May 27, 2016
joseph1013:

you should sign up for stand up comedy . which of the anichebe? anichebe has been useless this season . for your own information he has beem sent packing from westbrom. he has to find another club. guy . you dey watch ball at all ?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:33am On May 27, 2016
yoged:
you should sign up for stand up comedy . which of the anichebe? anichebe has been useless this season . for your own information he has beem sent packing from westbrom. he has to find another club. guy . you dey watch ball at all ?

You miss the point, as usual. The question was, did Anichebe feature more than Saviour this past season or not? He featured more in a more competitive league.

Follow the discussion next time. You dont have to comment if you have nothing tangible to add to the discussion. Apparently, you justify the saying that silence is golden.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:24am On May 27, 2016
joseph1013:

You miss the point, as usual. The question was, did Anichebe feature more than Saviour this past season or not? He featured more in a more competitive league.

Follow the discussion next time. You dont have to comment if you have nothing tangible to add to the discussion. Apparently, you justify the saying that silence is golden.

Was Godwin Saviour picked based on matches played? He is one of the young promising talents. When it is coming to pick Senior players, it will be based on experience.

So that is why bringing Anichebe into the argument is funny.

Let me just give a past instance of a young promising player on the bench.

In 2009, Giovani Dos Santos was on the bench of Tottenham with little playing time. When it was time for the Mexican Coach the select his National side for the CONCACAF Gold Cup, he put Giovani Dos Santos on the list.

Giovani Dos Santos was not just a good player in the competition. He was the star player of the Tournament. Won the MVP award.

Picking a promising young player takes different criteria to picking up experience players.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 12:43pm On May 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Was Godwin Saviour picked based on matches played? He is one of the young promising talents. When it is coming to pick Senior players, it will be based on experience.

So that is why bringing Anichebe into the argument is funny.

Let me just give a past instance of a young promising player on the bench.

In 2009, Giovani Dos Santos was on the bench of Tottenham with little playing time. When it was time for the Mexican Coach the select his National side for the CONCACAF Gold Cup, he put Giovani Dos Santos on the list.

Giovani Dos Santos was not just a good player in the competition. He was the star player of the Tournament. Won the MVP award.

Picking a promising young player takes different criteria to picking up experience players.

All these details are irrelevant and unnecessary. You are not Siasia, therefore do not 100% know the reason he picked Godwin. I am throwing up a hypothetical scenario whereby he picks Anichebe. You cannot say it is impossible for him to be picked unless you have sat down with him and he has told you pointblank that he will not pick him.

The question I asked you was if you would support Siasia if he picks Anichebe for the Rio olympics. It's a simple question. Why you are throwing up all manner of words together befuddles me.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by eterisan(m): 1:56pm On May 27, 2016
joseph1013:

Haba ! Is this necessary? We the silent followers will leave your thread for you then.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:27pm On May 27, 2016
Hmmm.... Well, let's see how the Korea tourney goes....

Siasia's 20-man Squad for the Suwon Tournament is out.

.............................................................................................

Siasia picks 8 foreign pros for Korea tourney

Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia has named eight overseas-based professionals including Liverpool forward Taiwo Awoniyi and Nathan Oduwa for Tottenham Hotspur on a final squad for the Suwon Invitational Tournament in Korea.

The list is dominated by players who featured against the Brazil U-23 in a friendly in that country two months ago, which Nigeria won 1-0, while two new faces Emiloju Julius and Abdulrahman Taiwo break into the team, and winger Saviour Godwin also makes a return to the team after a long absence.

Addressing the players after a friendly on Thursday at the practice pitch of the National Stadium, Abuja, Siasia charged those selected for the trip to see it as an honour.

"That you were selected does not mean that those not selected are not good. We simply want to give everyone enough opportunity to justify why they should be part of the team to the Rio Olympics," he said.

The delegation of 20 players and 10 officials will be led by NFF executive committee member and chairman of the NFF media and publicity committee, Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande.

The team are expected to depart Nigeria for Korea Republic on Monday, 30th May aboard an Ethiopian Airline flight, and arrive in Seoul on Tuesday.

THE TEAM:
Goalkeepers: Emmanuel Daniel, Yusuf Mohammed
Defenders: Emmanson Daniel, Sincere Seth, Ndifreke Effiong, Segun Oduduwa, Stanley Amuzi, Julius Emiloju, Erhun Obanor.

Midfielders: Saturday Erimuya, Azubuike Okechukwu, Usman Mohammed, Stanley Dimgba, Sodiq Popoola, Saviour Godwin.

Forwards: Taiwo Awoniyi, Ubong Ekpai, Abdulrahman Taiwo, Nathan Oduwa, Tiongoli Tonbara.

Source: http://africanfootball.com/mobi/mobi.php?page=article&ID=629376

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:03pm On May 27, 2016
Please.... let everyone (whoever you are) calm down okay.

Okay... everyone go on a reset.... this Sirs Joseph1013 and TheGoodJoe argumentative discourse won't produce a "confluence point"... for now... wink

But please, y'all feel free to comment okay.... It's OUR house.... wink

But let us also know where certain arguments or discussions originate from and the central angles of focus before we comment okay. Please Y'all....
wink

Sir Eterisan... Been a long while I read a comment of yours... You are always welcome. cheesy

eterisan:
Haba ! Is this necessary? We the silent followers will leave your thread for you then.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:25pm On May 27, 2016
joseph1013:

All these details are irrelevant and unnecessary. You are not Siasia, therefore do not 100% know the reason he picked Godwin. I am throwing up a hypothetical scenario whereby he picks Anichebe. You cannot say it is impossible for him to be picked unless you have sat down with him and he has told you pointblank that he will not pick him.

The question I asked you was if you would support Siasia if he picks Anichebe for the Rio olympics. It's a simple question. Why you are throwing up all manner of words together befuddles me.

If you scrolled back, you will see I answered your question.

Like I tried to explain. As long as the coach is convinced he is making the right choices, then I am okay with that. We want the coaches to do their very best. Sometimes we will not be okay with it.

If Coach Siasia said he wants Anichebe for what so ever reason, as long as he is convinced in his heart, then he is doing what we need from Coach Siasia. His best to the best of his knowledge.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:29pm On May 27, 2016
RIO 2016 OLYMPIC GAMES: I WANT TO BUILD A TEAM THAT “MAKES SENSE” – SIASIA

Nigeria U-23 Men football team Coach, Samson Siasia will lead the 20 players selected for the Suwon International Invitational on Monday 30th but maintains his final pick is not until the Olympic Games preparatory camp in the USA.

On Friday, the NFF announced the Dream Team VI coach listed 8 foreign based and 12 home based players for the four-nation invitational. Nigeria will face host Korea, Denmark and Honduras as part of the team’s campaign for Gold at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games.

Siasia told footballlive.ng earlier on Friday that the team will play June 2nd, 4th and 6th and return to the country to continue camping with outstanding players from the invitational tournament.

The Dream team VI’s itinerary includes camping in London and eventually in the US by which time the Coach says he hopes to have assembled a team that ” makes sense.”

Source: http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/rio-2016-olympic-games-i-want-to-build-a-team-that-makes-sense-siasia/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:32pm On May 27, 2016
joseph1013:

If we must know one hundred percent about what Coach Siasia plans before talking, do you think any of us will make contributions?

I gave you my reason why I feel players like Taiwo Awoniyi and Godwin Saviour made the list without major breakthroughs in big clubs.

If you disagree, you can state why.

I do not need to be in Mourinho's mind to know that he would not need Ryan Giggs in his locker room.

I might be wrong but Giggs has so much power and respect in the locker room of Manchester United for Mourinho to feel comfortable with Giggs around.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:41pm On May 27, 2016
eterisan:

You want to be noticed, you have been noticed. You can run along now. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:41pm On May 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

If we must know one hundred percent about what Coach Siasia plans before talking, do you think any of us will make contributions?

I gave you my reason why I feel players like Taiwo Awoniyi and Godwin Saviour made the list without major breakthroughs in big clubs.

If you disagree, you can state why.

I do not need to be in Mourinho's mind to know that he would not need Ryan Giggs in his locker room.

I might be wrong but Giggs has so much power and respect in the locker room of Manchester United for Mourinho to feel comfortable with Giggs around.

We will wait and watch. Should I come back to tease you if he retains Ryan Giggs? grin grin grin
TheGoodJoe:

If you scrolled back, you will see I answered your questions.

Like I try to explain. As long as the coach is convinced he is making the right choices, then I am okay with that. We want the coaches to do their very best. Sometimes we will not be okay with it.

If Coach Siasia said he wants Anichebe for what so ever reason, as long as he is convinced in his heart, then he is doing what we need from Coach Siasia. His best to the best of his knowledge.

So despite Anichebe's poor performance last season, you would not mind it if Siasia calls him for Rio? No problem. Like forgiveness said, as long as Siasia trusts his family members, they should represent us at the Olympics. Nothing spoil.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:48pm On May 27, 2016
joseph1013:

So despite Anichebe's poor performance last season, you would not mind it if Siasia calls him for Rio? No problem. Like forgiveness said, as long as Siasia trusts his family members, they should represent us at the Olympics. Nothing spoil.

The explanation is simple. As long as he is doing his best. You and I know Coach Siasia will never call Anichebe. That is why it was a funny question in the first place.

Coach Siasia has released his Suwon Tourney list and he never hinted at Anichebe.

The list is out and as long as Coach Siasia is doing his best, I support him. No matter who he chooses. I might not like it but as long as he is doing his best, it is okay.

Just like I never liked the Fabian Delph, Sterling and Bony buys. I felt we the Cityzens wasted money. Yet, I am okay because I believe Coach Pellegrini was doing his best.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:51pm On May 27, 2016
joseph1013:

We will wait and watch. Should I come back to tease you if he retains Ryan Giggs? grin grin grin

You are one hundred percent free. I already said that I could be wrong but it is risky because Giggs holds the power of that locker room.

Let us watch if Giggs will make the backroom staff of Mourinho. I seriously and honestly doubt. (Too Risky - Sabotage things)
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:04pm On May 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The explanation is simple. As long as he is doing his best. You and I know Coach Siasia will never call Anichebe. That is why it was a funny question in the first place.

Coach Siasia has released his Suwon Tourney list and he never hinted at Anichebe.

The list is out and as long as Coach Siasia is doing his best, I support him. No matter who it chooses. I might not like it but as long as he is doing his best, it is okay.

Just like I never liked the Fabian Delph, Sterling and Bony buys. I felt we the Cityzens wasted money. Yet, I am okay because I believe Coach Pellegrini was doing his best.

He's released the list? Let me go see.

As an aside, does anyone know if Supersport or any of our terrestrial channels will show the Super Eagles' match?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:13pm On May 27, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Hmmm.... Well, let's see how the Korea tourney goes....

Siasia's 20-man Squad for the Suwon Tournament is out.

.............................................................................................

Siasia picks 8 foreign pros for Korea tourney

Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia has named eight overseas-based professionals including Liverpool forward Taiwo Awoniyi and Nathan Oduwa for Tottenham Hotspur on a final squad for the Suwon Invitational Tournament in Korea.

The list is dominated by players who featured against the Brazil U-23 in a friendly in that country two months ago, which Nigeria won 1-0, while two new faces Emiloju Julius and Abdulrahman Taiwo break into the team, and winger Saviour Godwin also makes a return to the team after a long absence.

Addressing the players after a friendly on Thursday at the practice pitch of the National Stadium, Abuja, Siasia charged those selected for the trip to see it as an honour.

"That you were selected does not mean that those not selected are not good. We simply want to give everyone enough opportunity to justify why they should be part of the team to the Rio Olympics," he said.

The delegation of 20 players and 10 officials will be led by NFF executive committee member and chairman of the NFF media and publicity committee, Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande.

The team are expected to depart Nigeria for Korea Republic on Monday, 30th May aboard an Ethiopian Airline flight, and arrive in Seoul on Tuesday.

THE TEAM:
Goalkeepers: Emmanuel Daniel, Yusuf Mohammed
Defenders: Emmanson Daniel, Sincere Seth, Ndifreke Effiong, Segun Oduduwa, Stanley Amuzi, Julius Emiloju, Erhun Obanor.

Midfielders: Saturday Erimuya, Azubuike Okechukwu, Usman Mohammed, Stanley Dimgba, Sodiq Popoola, Saviour Godwin.

Forwards: Taiwo Awoniyi, Ubong Ekpai, Abdulrahman Taiwo, Nathan Oduwa, Tiongoli Tonbara.

Source: http://africanfootball.com/mobi/mobi.php?page=article&ID=629376

I must have skipped this list while responding to mentions. What a list! I wont say more than that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.