Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (694477 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:46am On Jun 25, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: EFE AMBROSE FAVOURED TO REPLACE IGHALO IN NIGERIA RIO 2016 OLYMPIC TEAM
[/size]
[img]http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/24/exclusive-efe-ambrose-favoured-to-replace-ighalo-in-nigeria-rio-2016-olympic-team/[/img]
understands that Celtic defender Efe Ambrose could feature at the Rio Olympics in Beijing following Watford refusal to release forward Odion Ighalo for the Olympics.

Siasia confirmed to news sources in Nigeria that Watford have denied Nigeria’s request to have Ighalo as one of the over age players at the Rio 2016 Olympics and they are doubts over the availability of Chelsea’s Obi Mikel.

The defence of the Nigeria U-23s is one area where the coach still has issues and even though he has extended invitations to William Troost Ekong and Kenneth Omeruo, he believed the experience of Efe Ambrose could come handy for Nigeria at the Olympic.

Efe Ambrose is yet to be informed by the coaching crew but sources close to the team camp exclusively revealed to Owngoalnigeria.com that the Beijing 2008 silver medalist is indeed under consideration following Igahlo’s withdrawal.

However Celtic under new manager Brendan Rodgers could prevent the 27 year old from going to the Olympics because pending on how far Nigeria go at the tournament he could miss their Champions League qualifiers and the start of the league in Scotland.

Already he has joined his teammates in pre season training under new manager Rodgers whom he will be eager to impress after losing his spot in the team last season under coach Ronny Delia.
*Ahmed Ishaya
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/24/exclusive-efe-ambrose-favoured-to-replace-ighalo-in-nigeria-rio-2016-olympic-team/

[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:48am On Jun 25, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
FC PORTO CLEAR THE WAY FOR MIKEL TO REPRESENT NIGERIA AT RIO 2016 OLYMPICS
[/size]
[img]http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/24/fc-porto-clear-the-way-for-mikel-to-represent-nigeria-at-rio-2016-olympics/[/img]
Nigeria U-23 national team coach Samson Siasia has received good news on the possibility of having FC Porto Mikel Agu represent Nigeria at the Rio Olympics from the Portuguese giants.

Agu who gatecrashed the Nigeria U-23s camp has been training with the team since the start of the week in his bid to force his way into the team for August Olympics.

It appears his fine performances as reported by Owngoalnigeria.com has earned him a spot as he was among the players listed by coach Samson Siasia when mentioning list of foreign based players who have been cleared to feature at the Rio Olympics.

He has been with FC Porto since 2012 but injuries and better options in his role as a defensive midfielder has limited him to just two appearances for the main team although he has made 70 appearances for the B team.

Last season he had a frustrating time on loan at Club Brugge in Belgium playing just two games for the team who were crowned champions of the League.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/24/fc-porto-clear-the-way-for-mikel-to-represent-nigeria-at-rio-2016-olympics/

[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:50am On Jun 25, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
GENT PERMIT MOSES SIMON TO REPRESENT NIGERIA AT RIO 2016 OLYMPICS
[/size]
[img]http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/24/gent-permit-moses-simon-to-represent-nigeria-at-rio-2016-olympics/[/img]
Owngoalnigeria.com understands that Gent of Belgium forward Moses Simon 21, has been permitted to represent the Nigeria U-23s at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio.

Gent were initially reluctant to release the forward as his participation at the Olympics could rule see him miss the start of the season in Belgium but after persuasion from his representatives the has agreement has now been reached for him to be at the Olympics with Nigeria.

His childhood coach Gabbins Obaje told Owngoalnigeria.com that the speedy forward who represented Nigeria at the last U-20 World Youth Championship in New Zealand will do same for the U-23s at the Olympic games.

“He will travel to the US with the U-23s for camping as he has been assured by Gent that they won’t stand in his way of representing Nigeria at the Olympics, it was a long drawn out issue but they finally respected his wishes to play in Rio”

The forward who is presently mourning the passing away of his sister during child birth now joins the list of European based players who have been released to feature for Nigeria at the Rio 2016 Olympics.
*Ahmed Ishaya
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/24/gent-permit-moses-simon-to-represent-nigeria-at-rio-2016-olympics/

[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:52am On Jun 25, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
NO COLOGNE DEAL FOR FRIDAY FRED
[/size]
[img]http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/24/no-cologne-deal-for-friday-fred/[/img]
German Bundesliga side FC Cologne won’t be signing red hot Nigerian forward Friday Fred of Lillestroem of Norway according to one of the club chief.

Fred was reportedly a subject of inquiry from the Bundesliga side but according to the Sporting Director of the team Jorg Schmadtke they won’t be following up their interest in the forward.

“We initially have him on our list of target but we won’t be following up our interest in him, he is off our radar for now” He told Kicker.

Following Cologne’s withdrawal, Dutch side AZ Alkmaar are now the clear favourite to sign the 21 year old who has so far found the back of the net 8 times from the first 12 games of the season in Norway.

Last season he found the back of the net 8 times for Lillestroem and since moving to Norway in 2013 he has had a steady rise in his goals tally from one season to another and he is perfectly poised this time around to better his tally from last season.
*Daniel Martins
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/24/no-cologne-deal-for-friday-fred/

[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:41am On Jun 25, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: EFE AMBROSE FAVOURED TO REPLACE IGHALO IN NIGERIA RIO 2016 OLYMPIC TEAM
[/size]
[img]http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/24/exclusive-efe-ambrose-favoured-to-replace-ighalo-in-nigeria-rio-2016-olympic-team/[/img]
understands that Celtic defender Efe Ambrose could feature at the Rio Olympics in Beijing following Watford refusal to release forward Odion Ighalo for the Olympics.

Siasia confirmed to news sources in Nigeria that Watford have denied Nigeria’s request to have Ighalo as one of the over age players at the Rio 2016 Olympics and they are doubts over the availability of Chelsea’s Obi Mikel.

The defence of the Nigeria U-23s is one area where the coach still has issues and even though he has extended invitations to William Troost Ekong and Kenneth Omeruo, he believed the experience of Efe Ambrose could come handy for Nigeria at the Olympic.

Efe Ambrose is yet to be informed by the coaching crew but sources close to the team camp exclusively revealed to Owngoalnigeria.com that the Beijing 2008 silver medalist is indeed under consideration following Igahlo’s withdrawal.

However Celtic under new manager Brendan Rodgers could prevent the 27 year old from going to the Olympics because pending on how far Nigeria go at the tournament he could miss their Champions League qualifiers and the start of the league in Scotland.

Already he has joined his teammates in pre season training under new manager Rodgers whom he will be eager to impress after losing his spot in the team last season under coach Ronny Delia.
*Ahmed Ishaya
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/24/exclusive-efe-ambrose-favoured-to-replace-ighalo-in-nigeria-rio-2016-olympic-team/

[/b]

And yet another Siasia's boy. I would even prefer the Omeruo- Troost Ekong/Awaziem CB pair instead.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BoboFashion(m): 7:56am On Jun 25, 2016
safarigirl:
considering the bleak future of Nigerian football on the international stage after that horrendous WCQ draw, Iheanacho will do well to go for the Olympics.

He won't get another chance to grace the world stage till 2019 possibly, if he misses this

If Algeria get us eh!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 8:47am On Jun 25, 2016
joseph1013:
CONFIRMED: Siasia hates Isaac Success

It has long be confirmed.... Long got info that siasia said he will not take Success with him.... He got 'no space' for him...

I was only hoping siasia would make a u-turn on his decision... Meanwhile I can see a number of dead woods in Siasia team list...

Success had a great season for Granada... with some MOTM performances... He won the granada player of the year award.. .. Meaning he was the best player for Granada last season...

So I am utterly bewildered with siasia' s decision to leave out Success for less talented players like awoniyi et al...

Siasia make it seem like Success is not even worthy of the bench...

How would he? as a close source metioned that Saviour Godwin and Junior Ajayi are destined for Rio regardless of form... Dont know what deal Siasia signed with them..

We wished Siasia Success but he rejected it.... Hope he is Successful at Rio cos only Gold can vindicate this nepotic madness..

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:07am On Jun 25, 2016
linked:

We wished Siasia Success but he rejected it....

Five Stars comment.

<<<Clapping my hands>>>
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by confun: 9:39am On Jun 25, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

*Ahmed Ishaya

[/b]

ambrose.....chai....I don't think we need ds guy.....

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:55am On Jun 25, 2016
You are certainly not alone in this thought.... I am struggling to keep my excitement for Rio 2016 burning coz of Siasia's "idiosyncratic God-knows-what" and his purposeful purposelessness.....

Meanwhile, Madam Confun.... You are yet to reply to my comment. I can come around to Gbagada soon. I don't mind at all.

I will love to meet my "Senior Colleague" in the world of medicine. wink

confun:
ambrose.....chai....I don't think we need ds guy.....
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by confun: 10:10am On Jun 25, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
You are certainly not alone in this thought.... I am struggling to keep my excitement for Rio 2016 burning coz of Siasia's "idiosyncratic God-knows-what" and his purposeful purposelessness.....

Meanwhile, Madam Confun.... You are yet to reply to my comment. I can come around to Gbagada soon. I don't mind at all.

I will love to meet my "Senior Colleague" in the world of medicine. wink

lol.....OK.....I'll send a PM to you, but for the Olympics, am so so pessimistic.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:24am On Jun 25, 2016
I don't blame you at all for your pessimism. In fact, you have the right to be pessimistic.

As for me, I am struggling with my optimism for Rio 2016. I just hope Siasia at least picks the best of the best from the 35 listed. Coz based on current form and performance, I can name our 18-man (or is it 21-man? I think it's 18) squad for Rio that will be very strong despite His omission of top talents like Awaziem and Success.

Even in Iheanacho's super-possible absence, Sadiq Umar should provide a good enough (if not perfect) replacement.

I expect the likes of Imoh Ezekiel and Simon Moses to make it also.

Success' replacement to me in the CF role is the overaged player, Ighalo.

Anyway, Time will tell...

Meanwhile, I have gotten your PM Ma'am.... smiley

confun:
lol.....OK.....I'll send a PM to you, but for the Olympics, am so so pessimistic.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:52am On Jun 25, 2016
Amuneke's Boys no get respect oooo..... grin

I have always said from the last U-17 thread that Amuneke kind of players are very resilient and hard workers added to the super talents in their midst.

I sincerely have my eyes on Emmanuel Amuneke in the long run... his UEFA pro licence coaching badge and his recently acquired CAF A coaching badges no be beans and he is showing it gradually yet again. smiley

I Like the mentality of his teams and the kind of talents he goes for. He is one for the future of the Nigerian game in coaching. Keep your eyes on this man.

They beat Nigeria's U-23 2-1 in April earlier this year, now they have beaten them again in a game played earlier today.... Lol...

Happy that our U-20s are showing heart and readiness to join Iheanacho, Iwobi, Ndidi, and co in the senior national team and dominate alongside them for years to come.... as for U-23 ahead of Rio 2016.... this isn't much of a good sign.. is it? Lol... Twice beaten. Hmmm.... #Observing

.................................................................................................

NIGERIA U20 BEAT DREAM TEAM VI IN SEVEN-GOAL THRILLER

[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/3e/65/nigeria-u23-dream-team-vi_1shoob3hn8dh6107bn3z069pkb.jpg?t=-1218239121&w=620&h=430[/img]

The Flying Eagles defeated Samson Siasia's boys in a high scoring friendly played on Saturday in Abuja.

Nigeria's U23 national team suffered a 4-3 defeat against their U20 counterparts in Saturday’s friendly match played at the National Stadium, Abuja.

Orji Okonkwo's brace plus Samuel Chukwueze and Victor Oshimen strikes helped Emmanuel Amuneke's lads overcome the Olympics team despite strikes from Godwin Saviour, Etebo Oghenekaro and Shehu Abdullahi.
Orji Okonkwo handed the Flying Eagles side the lead in the 10th minutes before Saviour leveled up in the 27th minute.

Okonkwo recovered the lead for the U20 side nine minutes later and Chukwueze made it 3-1 five minutes to half time break.

In the second half, Oghenekaro reduced the scoreline to 3-2 in the 56th minute, but Oshimen restored Flying Eagles two goals lead for 4-2 in the 72nd minute with Abdullahi getting the third goal for his team.

The Nigeria U23 team had lost 2-1 to the same team in a friendly played in April.

The Dream Team Vi are expected to depart for Atlanta, USA to continue preparations for the men’s football tournament of this year’s Olympics on July 2, while the Flying Eagles step up preparations for their Afcon U20 qualifier against Sudan.

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2016/06/25/25030882/nigeria-u20-beat-dream-team-vi-in-seven-goal-thriller

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:49pm On Jun 25, 2016

FIVE THINGS WE LEARNED FROM THE U-23s 3-4 LOSS TO THE U-20s

Note:
This is Owngoalnigeria.com's observatory Account of the game

For the second time in a space of one month plus (almost two months), the Flying Eagles of Nigeria defeated the U-23s in a friendly game meant to prepare both teams for various assignments.

The 4-3 victory of the U-20s exposed (further) some lapses in the Nigeria U-23s which Owngoalnigeria noticed during the game.

1. POOR FULL BACKS
The Samson Siasia lead U-23s were more often than not exposed by the tricks of the U-20s wingers in Samuel Chukwueze and Orji Okonkwo with Stanley Amuzie guilty of letting Orji in for his brace, while Chukwueze was a handful for Sincere Seth who couldn’t match his overlapping abilities with his primary aim of defending for his team.

2. LACK OF CREATIVITY IN THE MIDFIELD

The midfield was one area the U-20s had total control over in the game with crisp,neat passes from the trio of Kingsley Michael,Chukwudi Agor and captain Kelechi Nwakali while the U-23s chase shadows.

While the U-20s where quick in turning defence into attack same can’t be said about the U-23s who were guilty of playing sideways and backward passes without creating any clear cut chance to put the defence of the Flying Eagles under pressure.

3. LACK OF A REAL GOAL SCORER

With all due respect to the duo of Taiwo Awoniyi and Junior Ajayi the U-23s badly need an upgrade in the final third especially in the box although one will have to consider the poor services from the midfield before judging the duo.

Even though they were starve off service they on their part fail to create anything meaningful with balls that came their way unlike Osimhen who aside getting a goal used the balls that came his way to devastating effect.

4. CENTRAL DEFENCE STILL AN ISSUE

The one area of this team that has been a problem from the start is the defence and at the U-23 AFCON they relied heavily on the heroics of goalkepper Emmanuel Daniel to secure qualification for the Olympics.

This time around with Daniel badly exposed there was nothing he could do to stop the rampaging u-20s forwards with Osimhen making mincemeat of the central defence of the U-23s with fancy footwork and brilliant hold up play that resulted in the assist for one of the goals that gave the U-20s the 4-3 win.

5. TEAM COHESION IS VERY POOR

It’s clear to see from the way both teams played that while one played as a team (U-20s) the other played like a collection of talented players with no real cohesion to trouble the organised U-20s.

However this is one issue that can be remedied by the technical crew when they hit the United State of America for camping before their campaign at the Rio 2016 Olympics but judging by this game, the defence,midfield and attack all seems isolated from one another.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/25/five-things-we-learned-from-u-23s-3-4-loss-to-u-20s/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:52pm On Jun 25, 2016
Orji Okonkwo finally proving his worth. Amuneke rarely used him in Chile and now he is showing he can stand up to the big guys like Nwakali,Osimhen and Chukwueze,lovely. Good to hear from Funsho Bamgboye again, I thought we 'd lose him. The most underrated player in the team.
There is something about this Amuneke side that is very indestructible. This team will shock the world! Mark my words.
TheSuperNerd:
I have always said from the last U-17 thread that Amuneke kind of players are very resilient and hard workers added to the super talents in their midst.
I sincerely have my eyes on Emmanuel Amuneke in the long run... his UEFA pro licence coaching badge and his recently acquired CAF A coaching badges no be beans and he is showing it gradually yet again. smiley
I Like the mentality of his teams and the kind of talents he goes for. He is one for the future of the Nigerian game in coaching. Keep your eyes on this man.
They beat Nigeria's U-23 2-1 in April earlier this year, now they have beaten them again in a game played earlier today.... Lol...
Happy that our U-20s are showing heart and readiness to join Iheanacho, Iwobi, Ndidi, and co in the senior national team and dominate alongside them for years to come.... as for U-23 ahead of Rio 2016.... this isn't much of a good sign.. is it? Lol... Twice beaten. Hmmm.... #Observing
.................................................................................................
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/3e/65/nigeria-u23-dream-team-vi_1shoob3hn8dh6107bn3z069pkb.jpg?t=-1218239121&w=620&h=430[/img]
The Flying Eagles defeated Samson Siasia's boys in a high scoring friendly played on Saturday in Abuja.
Nigeria's U23 national team suffered a 4-3 defeat against their U20 counterparts in Saturday’s friendly match played at the National Stadium, Abuja.
Orji Okonkwo's brace plus Samuel Chukwueze and Victor Oshimen strikes helped Emmanuel Amuneke's lads overcome the Olympics team despite strikes from Godwin Saviour, Etebo Oghenekaro and Shehu Abdullahi.
Orji Okonkwo handed the Flying Eagles side the lead in the 10th minutes before Saviour leveled up in the 27th minute.
Okonkwo recovered the lead for the U20 side nine minutes later and Chukwueze made it 3-1 five minutes to half time break.
In the second half, Oghenekaro reduced the scoreline to 3-2 in the 56th minute, but Oshimen restored Flying Eagles two goals lead for 4-2 in the 72nd minute with Abdullahi getting the third goal for his team.
The Nigeria U23 team had lost 2-1 to the same team in a friendly played in April.
The Dream Team Vi are expected to depart for Atlanta, USA to continue preparations for the men’s football tournament of this year’s Olympics on July 2, while the Flying Eagles step up preparations for their Afcon U20 qualifier against Sudan.
Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2016/06/25/25030882/nigeria-u20-beat-dream-team-vi-in-seven-goal-thriller

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2016
Embarrassing that the u20 team is beating the team next to the super eagles. This is not the first time so the u20 team is probably better than siasia boys.

What makes it worse is that, the under 20 players are actually under 18. You have a bunch of academy kids beating our under 23 team that should be full of professionals.

It is obvious that Awoniyi has stagnated or regressed, he might not reach his potential... Not all players will reach their potential. How is Siasia going to the Olympics with Awoniyi and Junior Ajayi?

Sadiq Umar looks like the savior on that list especially if iheanacho is not going..

It is obvious that Amuzie is not good enough but he will most likely start ahead of kingsley madu.

siasia simply needs to remove most of his boys on the list and the team might survive.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:05pm On Jun 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:
Orji Okonkwo finally proving his worth. Amuneke rarely used him in Chile and now he is showing he can stand up to the big guys like Nwakali,Osimhen and Chukwueze,lovely. Good to hear from Funsho Bamgboye again, I thought we 'd lose him. The most underrated player in the team.
There is something about this Amuneke side that is very indestructible. This team will shock the world! Mark my words.

They faced a shockingly bad team that made Denmark look like Barca. Too early to grade Amuneke's team at the under 20 level
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:16pm On Jun 25, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

FIVE THINGS WE LEARNED FROM THE U-23s 3-4 LOSS TO THE U-20s

Note:

For the second time in a space of one month plus (almost two months), the Flying Eagles of Nigeria defeated the U-23s in a friendly game meant to prepare both teams for various assignments.

The 4-3 victory of the U-20s exposed (further) some lapses in the Nigeria U-23s which Owngoalnigeria noticed during the game.

1. POOR FULL BACKS
The Samson Siasia lead U-23s were more often than not exposed by the tricks of the U-20s wingers in Samuel Chukwueze and Orji Okonkwo with Stanley Amuzie guilty of letting Orji in for his brace, while Chukwueze was a handful for Sincere Seth who couldn’t match his overlapping abilities with his primary aim of defending for his team.

2. LACK OF CREATIVITY IN THE MIDFIELD

The midfield was one area the U-20s had total control over in the game with crisp,neat passes from the trio of Kingsley Michael,Chukwudi Agor and captain Kelechi Nwakali while the U-23s chase shadows.

While the U-20s where quick in turning defence into attack same can’t be said about the U-23s who were guilty of playing sideways and backward passes without creating any clear cut chance to put the defence of the Flying Eagles under pressure.

3. LACK OF A REAL GOAL SCORER

With all due respect to the duo of Taiwo Awoniyi and Junior Ajayi the U-23s badly need an upgrade in the final third especially in the box although one will have to consider the poor services from the midfield before judging the duo.

Even though they were starve off service they on their part fail to create anything meaningful with balls that came their way unlike Osimhen who aside getting a goal used the balls that came his way to devastating effect.

4. CENTRAL DEFENCE STILL AN ISSUE

The one area of this team that has been a problem from the start is the defence and at the U-23 AFCON they relied heavily on the heroics of goalkepper Emmanuel Daniel to secure qualification for the Olympics.

This time around with Daniel badly exposed there was nothing he could do to stop the rampaging u-20s forwards with Osimhen making mincemeat of the central defence of the U-23s with fancy footwork and brilliant hold up play that resulted in the assist for one of the goals that gave the U-20s the 4-3 win.

5. TEAM COHESION IS VERY POOR

It’s clear to see from the way both teams played that while one played as a team (U-20s) the other played like a collection of talented players with no real cohesion to trouble the organised U-20s.

However this is one issue that can be remedied by the technical crew when they hit the United State of America for camping before their campaign at the Rio 2016 Olympics but judging by this game, the defence,midfield and attack all seems isolated from one another.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/25/five-things-we-learned-from-u-23s-3-4-loss-to-u-20s/

This is such a damning commentary. Poor fullbacks, problematic central backs, uncreative midfield, tame attack, and pathetic team cohesion. Then the question is: why is this called a team?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by samueld0(m): 1:24pm On Jun 25, 2016
the olympic for me is already a doom. becouse i know siasia to be more sturbon and fantasticaly corrupt than Manu Garba.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:25pm On Jun 25, 2016
Since the African under 23 tournament, we knew the defense was horrible... They luckily won a poor tournament. Yet, Siasia carried the same poor defenders till now... If Oduduwa did not get injured, he will be on the team...

Something is fundamentally wrong...

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by nelxxy(m): 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2016
u20 beating u23 since 20bc

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 5:33pm On Jun 25, 2016
linked:

It has long be confirmed.... Long got info that siasia said he will not take Success with him.... He got 'no space' for him...

I was only hoping siasia would make a u-turn on his decision... Meanwhile I can see a number of dead woods in Siasia team list...

Success had a great season for Granada... with some MOTM performances... He won the granada player of the year award.. .. Meaning he was the best player for Granada last season...

So I am utterly bewildered with siasia' s decision to leave out Success for less talented players like awoniyi et al...

Siasia make it seem like Success is not even worthy of the bench...

How would he? as a close source metioned that Saviour Godwin and Junior Ajayi are destined for Rio regardless of form... Dont know what deal Siasia signed with them..

We wished Siasia Success but he rejected it.... Hope he is Successful at Rio cos only Gold can vindicate this nepotic madness..

Nepotic madness lol samson siasia i think is a benin man and so his sucess issac...
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2016
Ibrahimovic has officially retired from International football. We will, thankfully, not be seeing him at the Olympics.

Now, for Neymar, Okazaki and Messi to retire grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 6:27pm On Jun 25, 2016
I can't stop laughing when d news came to me that Amuneke boys spank siasia's men once again, this time putting 4goals pass siasia's helpless defence... Lets just hope for a Miracle in RIO.

You need to make offer for a new plank @Sir. TheGoodJoe, this is getting serious

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2016
adrainuche:

Nepotic madness lol samson siasia i think is a benin man and so his sucess issac...
huh?

Siasia is from Bayelsa, not Benin. What nepotism do you speak of?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 6:50pm On Jun 25, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

*Ahmed Ishaya

[/b]

There is still chance for this delusional and confused coach called Samson Siasia to call up Isaac Success,in the first place he is even hotter than Ighalo,better than Awoniyi and Junior Ajeye put together,one can't comprehend Siasia thoughts any longer,no natural play maker in this team,Iwobi he is depending on is not a natural 10,Ifeanyi Mathew,Nwobodo,Sokari and Yahaya are the best natural attacking Midfieders we have at this stage,and none of them made the list to even fight 4 a shirt. I have not seen anything so insipid as Siasia choices of players these days. Now we probably won't be able to make any impact on the world stage for the next 5yrs,someone need to tell siasia that this Olympic Gold or silver is the key to our qualification to next world cup,check the ease to which we qualified for france '98 world cup,after our olympic conquest ,then u would agree with me that we need to use this Olympics as a dress rehearsal for our world cup qualifiers,take our best players to the olympics,the 3 over age players should comprise of players capable playing in SE 4 d next 3-4yrs from,not a player that won't even make SE XI.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:21pm On Jun 25, 2016
AIG07:
I can't stop laughing when d news came to me that Amuneke boys spank siasia's men once again, this time putting 4goals pass siasia's helpless defence... Lets just hope for a Miracle in RIO.

You need to make offer for a new plank @Sir. TheGoodJoe, this is getting serious

No way to plank after Denmark planked the whole team with six heavy goals. I just hope Coach Siasia finds a way to redeem himself. Still wishing the dream team the best.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2016
tbaba1234:
Embarrassing that the u20 team is beating the team next to the super eagles. This is not the first time so the u20 team is probably better than siasia boys.

What makes it worse is that, the under 20 players are actually under 18. You have a bunch of academy kids beating our under 23 team that should be full of professionals.

It is obvious that Awoniyi has stagnated or regressed, he might not reach his potential... Not all players will reach their potential. How is Siasia going to the Olympics with Awoniyi and Junior Ajayi?

Sadiq Umar looks like the savior on that list especially if iheanacho is not going..

It is obvious that Amuzie is not good enough but he will most likely start ahead of kingsley madu.

siasia simply needs to remove most of his boys on the list and the team might survive.

If Taiwo Awoniyi; Junior Ajayi and Sadiq Umar wouæd end up being our Attacking options then we are finished. The Sadiq Umar u mentioned as d saving grace is nt yet a tested player at d national team level so i cannot raise my hope on such a player. Sadiq to me should even be featuring for d U20.

Awoniyi IMO is nt ready to face d competition of this U23 age grade. Osimhen, to me, is even ahead of him. Siasia should drop Awoniyi to team up with Osimhen at d U20 camp.

Junior Ajayi though is now an improved player bt he is nt in d class where Success belongs. Though he may deserve to b on the 35man list bt definely nt d list of 15 U23 players.

Taking a look at some of Nigeria's past Olympics attacking threats:

Atlanta 1996: Victor Ikpeba, Nwankwo Kanu, Daniel Amokachi, Teslim Fatusi.

Sydney 2000: Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Julius Aghahowa, Victor Okechukwu Agali.

Beijin 2008: Victor Obinna Nsofor, Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi, Osaze Odemwingie, Victor Anichebe

Notice dat most of d strikers listed above were already tested at senior level before dey featured at d Olympics.

Compare those with Taiwo Awoniyi, Junior Ajayi and Sadiq Umar.We no get strikers.

Siasia should explain to Nigerians, why he kept d following players away from d team: Aaron Samuel, Isaac Success, Chisom Chikatara and Godwin Obaje.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:24pm On Jun 25, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Shame on Samson Siasia. I have already given up as far as his team is concerned.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:28pm On Jun 25, 2016
Icon4s:

If Taiwo Awoniyi; Junior Ajayi and Sadiq Umar wouæd end up being our Attacking options then we are finished. The Sadiq Umar u mentioned as d saving grace is nt yet a tested player at d national team level so i cannot raise my hope on such a player. Sadiq to me should even be featuring for d U20.

Awoniyi IMO is nt ready to face d competition of this U23 age grade. Osimhen, to me, is even ahead of him. Siasia should drop Awoniyi to team up with Osimhen at d U20 camp.

Junior Ajayi though is now an improved player bt he is nt in d class where Success belongs. Though he may deserve to b on the 35man list bt definely nt d list of 15 U23 players.

Taking a look at some of Nigeria's past Olympics attacking threats:

Atlanta 1996: Victor Ikpeba, Nwankwo Kanu, Daniel Amokachi, Teslim Fatusi.

Sydney 2000: Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Julius Aghahowa, Victor Okechukwu Agali.

Beijin 2008: Victor Obinna Nsofor, Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi, Osaze Odemwingie, Victor Anichebe

Notice dat most of d strikers listed above were already tested at senior level before dey featured at d Olympics.

Compare those with Taiwo Awoniyi, Junior Ajayi and Sadiq Umar.We no get strikers.

Siasia should explain to Nigerians, why he kept d following players away from d team: Aaron Samuel, Isaac Success, Chisom Chikatara and Godwin Obaje.

You are very correct.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 9:28pm On Jun 25, 2016
I never knew siasia was this stupid or lemme say partial sha have always respected the man perharps i was naive hes buzy calling efe ambrose when we have awaziem of porto give these young guyz a chance, what is obabona doing on thay list for christ sake, you pick mikel agu and you leaft musa yahaya leaft chidebere nwakali leaft issac sucess .. Why not give them a chance to fight for a shirt i know he doesnt want competition for his boys but his boys wont grow if there is no competition... Saviour Godwin Sigh !!!

So if ighalo / iheanaco doesnt show up see our attack

Ajayi
Awoniyi

Or maybe sadiq umar that is if hes picked hes inviting saviour godwin and hes leaving musa yahaya what rubbish if iwobi doesnt come we wont have any creative player that is why we need musa yahaya..

Mikel obi shouldnt be on that list wetin happen why not even take ogenyi onazi i will say babatunde micheal but peeps would complain that guy is the most underated super eagles player of all time watch nigeria Argetina watch his games in morroco watch nigeria mali that guy is super good ... i hate coaches who cannot see beyond the game...

Including sucess and yahaya and awaziem in d team would increase the competition for spots instead of mikel obi take micheal babatunde and onazi make it much more competitive... Where is ifeanyi matthew where is chisom chikatara what of godwin obaje what of nuru abdulahi...

This are the players i would like to see if those players that are called are not available

S. issac
M. Babtunde
O. Onazi
N. Abdulahi
G. Obaje
C. Chikatara
I. Awaziem
I. Matthew
C. Nwakali
M. Yahaya

The legs of ajagun and co should relax abeg..

If mikel agu can break into the team it means the team is total rubbish..

Am excited for some other players in the team..

Daniel emmanuel GK.. forget against denmark defence was poor just watch against korea and brazil the guy is very good i swear..

Musa Muhammed should have been invited a long time ago if not because of siaone selection sagasity

Kelechi / iwobi if the make the camp kudos grin

Imoh / Simon yes we need to see more of them

Papoolo/etebo/azubuike these guys merited it

Ndidi / troost Ekong/ Umeruo excellent from siasia

Aminu Umar/Sadiq these guys we really do not know about them so much but they seem bright..

Madu

Some players i am. Not sure for their justification in the team

Abdulahi Shehu
Usman muhammed
Taiwo awoniyi
Godwin Saviour
Mikel agu
Mikel obi
Obabona
Ighalo

Ighalo isnt as prolific as we think he is he had a good season that doesnt mean he is especially in d nigerian settings... Awonyi isnt good enough out of form isnt as prolific as before Mikel obi game killer both matches against mali and luxembourg thank god he wasnt there obabona should go to his club am not saying he isnt good he should rest abeg.. Mikel agu 2 games a season WTF.. Saviour even worse am not saying he isnt good but this is an olymoic tournament not an invitational one usman muhammed and shehu they arent that bad but this is an olympic tournament i can only manage shehu in d mildfield ... Instead of obabona y not balogun am not sure his club will release him sha !!

See our match against U20 i dont think any of our strikers scored..

Last olympic siasia carried a certain victor anichebe spits... And now cannot invite s. Issac can invite mikel agu but cannot invite micheal babtunde musa yahaya .. If siasia fails to lift gold in this olympic hes because of his selection we should be topping the group we have to reach the finals even without mikel ighalo iwobi and kelechi i know we would be missing quality players but we can have replacement if the right thing is done.. Siasia is a good coach but his selection is bad imagine stanley amuzie played against egypyt y wont we loose the game... SMH..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.