Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,097 members, 7,807,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (695970 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 10:01pm On Jun 25, 2016
adrainuche:
I never knew siasia was this stupid or lemme say partial sha have always respected the man perharps i was naive hes buzy calling efe ambrose when we have awaziem of porto give these young guyz a chance, what is obabona doing on thay list for christ sake, you pick mikel agu and you leaft musa yahaya leaft chidebere nwakali leaft issac sucess .. Why not give them a chance to fight for a shirt i know he doesnt want competition for his boys but his boys wont grow if there is no competition... Saviour Godwin Sigh !!!

So if ighalo / iheanaco doesnt show up see our attack

Ajayi
Awoniyi

Or maybe sadiq umar that is if hes picked hes inviting saviour godwin and hes leaving musa yahaya what rubbish if iwobi doesnt come we wont have any creative player that is why we need musa yahaya..

Mikel obi shouldnt be on that list wetin happen why not even take ogenyi onazi i will say babatunde micheal but peeps would complain that guy is the most underated super eagles player of all time watch nigeria Argetina watch his games in morroco watch nigeria mali that guy is super good ... i hate coaches who cannot see beyond the game...

Including sucess and yahaya and awaziem in d team would increase the competition for spots instead of mikel obi take micheal babatunde and onazi make it much more competitive... Where is ifeanyi matthew where is chisom chikatara what of godwin obaje what of nuru abdulahi...

This are the players i would like to see if those players that are called are not available

S. issac
M. Babtunde
O. Onazi
N. Abdulahi
G. Obaje
C. Chikatara
I. Awaziem
I. Matthew
C. Nwakali
M. Yahaya

The legs of ajagun and co should relax abeg..

If mikel agu can break into the team it means the team is total rubbish..

Am excited for some other players in the team..

Daniel emmanuel GK.. forget against denmark defence was poor just watch against korea and brazil the guy is very good i swear..

Musa Muhammed should have been invited a long time ago if not because of siaone selection sagasity

Kelechi / iwobi if the make the camp kudos grin

Imoh / Simon yes we need to see more of them

Papoolo/etebo/azubuike these guys merited it

Ndidi / troost Ekong/ Umeruo excellent from siasia

Aminu Umar/Sadiq these guys we really do not know about them so much but they seem bright..

Madu

Some players i am. Not sure for their justification in the team

Abdulahi Shehu
Usman muhammed
Taiwo awoniyi
Godwin Saviour
Mikel agu
Mikel obi
Obabona
Ighalo

Ighalo isnt as prolific as we think he is he had a good season that doesnt mean he is especially in d nigerian settings... Awonyi isnt good enough out of form isnt as prolific as before Mikel obi game killer both matches against mali and luxembourg thank god he wasnt there obabona should go to his club am not saying he isnt good he should rest abeg.. Mikel agu 2 games a season WTF.. Saviour even worse am not saying he isnt good but this is an olymoic tournament not an invitational one usman muhammed and shehu they arent that bad but this is an olympic tournament i can only manage shehu in d mildfield ... Instead of obabona y not balogun am not sure his club will release him sha !!

See our match against U20 i dont think any of our strikers scored..

Last olympic siasia carried a certain victor anichebe spits... And now cannot invite s. Issac can invite mikel agu but cannot invite micheal babtunde musa yahaya .. If siasia fails to lift gold in this olympic hes because of his selection we should be topping the group we have to reach the finals even without mikel ighalo iwobi and kelechi i know we would be missing quality players but we can have replacement if the right thing is done.. Siasia is a good coach but his selection is bad imagine stanley amuzie played against egypyt y wont we loose the game... SMH..

We understand. Siasia is not a good coach, don't say so.... Good coach comprises right and unbiased selections, he's already failing himself.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:14pm On Jun 25, 2016
Icon4s:

If Taiwo Awoniyi; Junior Ajayi and Sadiq Umar wouæd end up being our Attacking options then we are finished. The Sadiq Umar u mentioned as d saving grace is nt yet a tested player at d national team level so i cannot raise my hope on such a player. Sadiq to me should even be featuring for d U20.

Awoniyi IMO is nt ready to face d competition of this U23 age grade. Osimhen, to me, is even ahead of him. Siasia should drop Awoniyi to team up with Osimhen at d U20 camp.

Junior Ajayi though is now an improved player bt he is nt in d class where Success belongs. Though he may deserve to b on the 35man list bt definely nt d list of 15 U23 players.

Taking a look at some of Nigeria's past Olympics attacking threats:

Atlanta 1996: Victor Ikpeba, Nwankwo Kanu, Daniel Amokachi, Teslim Fatusi.

Sydney 2000: Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Julius Aghahowa, Victor Okechukwu Agali.

Beijin 2008: Victor Obinna Nsofor, Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi, Osaze Odemwingie, Victor Anichebe

Notice dat most of d strikers listed above were already tested at senior level before dey featured at d Olympics.

Compare those with Taiwo Awoniyi, Junior Ajayi and Sadiq Umar.We no get strikers.

Siasia should explain to Nigerians, why he kept d following players away from d team: Aaron Samuel, Isaac Success, Chisom Chikatara and Godwin Obaje.

It is still a mystery why Coach Siasia sent Godwin Obaje out of the Super Eagles camp in preparation for Egypt after Obaje did well in training. He sent him away and left Aminu Umar.

Now the same Godwin Obaje is not on the list again. If Obaje did not do well in training, it would have been a different story.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 11:39pm On Jun 25, 2016
HAS SIASIA BEEN ABLE TO GIVE ANY EXCUSE TO DEFEND HIMSELF WHY HE LEFT OUT ISAAC SUCCESS. COULD IT BE HE FAILED TO HONOR HIS FIRST CALL,

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It is still a mystery why Coach Siasia sent Godwin Obaje out of the Super Eagles camp in preparation for Egypt after Obaje did well in training. He sent him away and left Aminu Umar.

Now the same Godwin Obaje is not on the list again. If Obaje did not do well in training, it would have been a different story.

Siasia has a mission and an agender.
Jst like how he was avoiding Omeruo, Troost-Ekong, Osede,Madu and co and so reserving space for Oduduwa, Amaefule and Awuzie until d Suwon crumble he is doing same by reserving spots for Awoniyi, Ajayi and Aminu Usman by nt inviting Success, Obaje, Chikatara and co.

Siasia has lost it. He forgets this the national team of NIGERIA and nt Siasia FC.

BTW I learnt Segun Oduduwa will b out for 12months. All thanks to "Siasia's rigorous training". sad
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
Icon4s:

Jst like how he was avoiding Omeruo, Troost-Ekong, Osede,Madu and co and so reserving space for Oduduwa, Amaefule and Awuzie until d Suwon crumble he is doing same by reserving spots for Awoniyi, Ajayi and Aminu Usman by nt inviting Success, Obaje, Chikatara and co.

Siasia has lost it. He forgets this the national team of NIGERIA and nt Siasia FC.

BTW I learnt Segun Oduduwa will b out for 12months. All thanks to "Siasia's rigorous training". sad

I am not even a fan of these rigorous trainings. Some coaches like it and I do not get it. Klopp, Pellegrini for example. What is the use working the players off their strengths in training and have them weak and tired during the matches. Then go a whole season with half your squad due to injuries.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2016
Coach Siasia's bias in his player selection is so clear that I wonder if he thinks this tournament is a joke. We even have better preparation, screening and selection in the U17 than this.

This was Coach Siasia's Chance to redeem himself and put up a good fight for the Super Eagles Coaching job. I guess he is not as ambitious as we think.

It seems Coach Siasia's target and expectation is below the fans of Nigeria.
Icon4s:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I am not even a fan of these rigorous trainings. Some coaches like it and I do not get it. Klopp, Pellegrini for example. What is the use working the players off their strengths in training and have them weak and tired during the matches. Then go a whole season with half your squad due to injuries.

That was how Fernando Ardi , Chisom Chikatara and Aaron Samuel all limped off d training pitch during preps against Egypt. This limited our attacking options in both encounters.

Recall also that Stanley Amuzie earlier in d campaign got injured from this same Siasia's rigorous training.

The NFF technical committee should better put him on checks now before injuries become the screening factor from the 35man list.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:33pm On Jun 26, 2016
Coach Siasia wants us to believe that he has more faith in Awoniyi delivering goals in the Olympics than the likes of Chikatara, Eleke, Success, Obaje.

It is just a complete mess and a disappointing list for the millions of Nigerians hoping we bring back the gold medal.

Icon4s:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:44pm On Jun 26, 2016
Icon4s:

That was how Fernando Ardi , Chisom Chikatara and Aaron Samuel all limped off d training pitch during preps against Egypt. This limited our attacking options in both encounters.

Recall also that Stanley Amuzie earlier in d campaign got injured from this same Siasia's rigorous training.

The NFF technical committee should better put him on checks now before injuries become the screening factor from the 35man list.

If Coach Siasia reduces the rigorous trainings, these other guys will scale through with ease. The likes of Samuel and Chikatara are better finishers. All those hard trainings count for nothing if the player can not finish.

You suggested earlier that Awoniyi should be with the U20. It is not a condescending remark to Awoniyi but the Olympics is Pro Football. Not some junior football stuff. At the U20, Awo will work with coaches who are still training young players on the basics of the game. We need finishers ready to fire goals for the team.

Brazil rested Neymar for this tourney. We need our very best available.

Coach Siasia should ease his training methods. To me, it does not work. Look at how De Bruyne injured and how tired he is at the Euros.

I believe Chikatara, Adi and Samuel did not see the essence of so much stress.

These guys will guarantee more goals. Coach Siasia complains about missed chances and he wants to persist with the same attacking options. Wish him good luck. He killed my passion and faith in this team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
Icon4s:

I wish a journalist can ask Coach Siasia his excuse for not inviting Obaje and Eleke. I just want to read his reasons. Especially Obaje who did well in his Super Eagles camp.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 7:57pm On Jun 26, 2016
Icon4s:

It is a sour reminder of the U20 team headed by Siasia at the 2009 WYC.... Siasia so drilled out every ounce of energy in those lads that at the tournament they were already fatigue-dead... All the nigerian players fell with every tackle even the mildest of it... It was really crazy..

The injury list too was unprecedented

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Coach Siasia's bias in his player selection is so clear that I wonder if he thinks this tournament is a joke. We even have better preparation, screening and selection in the U17 than this.

This was Coach Siasia's Chance to redeem himself and put up a good fight for the Super Eagles Coaching job. I guess he is not as ambitious as we think.

It seems Coach Siasia's target and expectation is below the fans of Nigeria.

Exactly. He does nt know d future of our football is hinged on the performance of this team.

It is so shocking that Siasia only realised the weakness in that team jst at d Suwon tourney.
So he was to take that none existing defense to Rio?A weakness even the least technical analyst here has spotted our right from dat 3-2 win against Mali.

Infact dat team didnt have a defense and attack. Their strength only lied in d midfield, kudos to Azubuike and Etebor. These are d only 2 players IMO from dat squad that are worth being in d squad to Rio nt even necessarily starting 11. With Mikel, Iwobi and Ndidi in d squad Azubuike and Etebor being in d regular starting 11 would b in doubt.

See my prediction, Siasia will want to create places for Azubuike and Etebor in d starting 11.
How? He will drop Ndidi from d final list and would nt pressure Mancity for Iheanacho's release. With this Azubuike becomes d starting DMF while Mikel plays CMF. Etebor joins d AM/WF tri-combo of Simon- Iwobi- Etebor and his midfield is set out.

Siasia has lost his credibility as a national team coach.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I wish a journalist can ask Coach Siasia his excuse for not inviting Obaje and Eleke. I just want to read his reasons. Especially Obaje who did well in his Super Eagles camp.

He has no technical reason reason. He does nt jst want any players dat would outshine "his boys".

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:19pm On Jun 26, 2016
Icon4s:

Exactly. He does nt know d future of our football is hinged on the performance of this team.

It is so shocking that Siasia only realised the weakness in that team jst at d Suwon tourney.
So he was to take that none existing defense to Rio?A weakness even the least technical analyst here has spotted our right from dat 3-2 win against Mali.

Infact dat team didnt have a defense and attack. Their strength only lied in d midfield, kudos to Azubuike and Etebor. These are d only 2 players IMO from dat squad that are worth being in d squad to Rio nt even necessarily starting 11. With Mikel, Iwobi and Ndidi in d squad Azubuike and Etebor being in d regular starting 11 would b in doubt.

See my prediction, Siasia will want to creat places for Azubuike and Etebor in d starting 11.
How? He will drop Ndidi from d final list and would nt pressure Mancity for Iheanacho's release. With this Azubuike becomes d starting DMF while Mikel plays CMF. Etebor joins d AM/WF tri-combo of Simon- Iwobi- Etebor and his midfield is set out.

Siasia has lost his credibility as a national team coach.

After the 2009 set, this was Coach Siasia's redeemable chance. He blew it at the Suwon Tourney. There is no way a coach who can not pin point good players in every position deserves to Coach a Nigerian National team.

This reminds me of Coach Oliseh running around with Onobi as if he was the best creative midfielder since Recoba. Remember Oliseh benching Usman Mohammed when he was the best player on the pitch in the first half so he would not outshine Onobi.

What is it with Mediocre selections? Imagine a Coach trusted a team that conceded Six against a Danish U20 side to lift the Olympics gold medal.

We should not make this mistake again. Coach Siasia is not up to the task.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
Icon4s:

He has no technical reason reason. He does nt jst want any players dat would outshine "his boys".

The hand writing is on the wall. Imagine selecting Akpeyi over Ikeme. I just pray we do not get another Suwon Embarrassment in Rio. That is just my prayer.

I hope Coach Siasia puts aside his bias sentiments and select a good team. So far, it is not looking good at all.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zoboizee: 9:31pm On Jun 26, 2016
I trust nff, they are only waiting to sack him after rio then probably pocket his balance.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:57pm On Jun 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

If Coach Siasia reduces the rigorous trainings, these other guys will scale through with ease. The likes of Samuel and Chikatara are better finishers. All those hard trainings count for nothing if the player can not finish.

You suggested earlier that Awoniyi should be with the U20. It is not a condescending remark to Awoniyi but the Olympics is Pro Football. Not some junior football stuff. At the U20, Awo will work with coaches who are still training young players on the basics of the game. We need finishers ready to fire goals for the team.

Brazil rested Neymar for this tourney. We need our very best available.

Coach Siasia should ease his training methods. To me, it does not work. Look at how De Bruyne injured and how tired he is at the Euros.

I believe Chikatara, Adi and Samuel did not see the essence of so much stress.

These guys will guarantee more goals. Coach Siasia complains about missed chances and he wants to persist with the same attacking options. Wish him good luck. He killed my passion and faith in this team.

Awoniyi is not measuring up,I watched the U23 against Korea republic and Awoniyi could not muster a simple stamina. They need to drop that guy. It's not a must you will play professionally. His time is up and I don't care if he can run a marathon back to back.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by dijon: 12:10am On Jun 27, 2016
As for me, I have adjusted my internal shock absorber from the calamity "Siasia" is about to bring to Nigeria football thru his mundane, nepotism, favoritism and grease my hand and make my team attitude of his via his antics before he made his woeful 35 man list available. I have erased the under 23 team (if I hear dream team) from my objectives this year, only that it will set nigeria football backward for another 4 years.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by irondome: 1:09am On Jun 27, 2016
Icon4s:

You guys should cut Sia1 some slack nah. He seems to favor and reward loyalty, obedience and hard work; which might be his focal point of his coaching philosophy. He probably feels it would be a bit unfair to fly into Brazil with a totally different set of players from the ones used in securing the qualifying ticket. Ajayi, Awoniyi and few others labored so hard for the ticket; discarding them for players who are only slightly better, would be a bit unfair. For instance, I don't not see much difference between Chikatara and Ajayi; as such, prioritizing the former (who never kicked a ball for the qualifying matches) over the latter (who gladly flew in from Tunisia to honor invitations) would be harsh. Furthermore, some of these players Siasia left out did a poor job in handling previous invitations extended to them. For example, Sokari forced himself out of the African Games camp to play an inconsequential match in Nigeria, literary damning the coach.

Most importantly, he is still the coach and has the final say. He knows the players he can work effectively with. Great teams are usually not forged by great individual players. Ranieri proved that with Leicester last season.

For the records, am not advocating that we discard our best players for some loyalty crap, but hey, don't discard all the old players either. Bring in the exceptional goods ones -Kelechi, Iwobi, Moses, Ndidi; and retained the old players who have proved their worth like Etebo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:17am On Jun 27, 2016
irondome:

You guys should cut Sia1 some slack nah. He seems to favor and reward loyalty, obedience and hard work; which might be his focal point of his coaching philosophy. He probably feels it would be a bit unfair to fly into Brazil with a totally different set of players from the ones used in securing the qualifying ticket. Ajayi, Awoniyi and few others labored so hard for the ticket; discarding them for players who are only slightly better, would be a bit unfair. For instance, I don't not see much difference between Chikatara and Ajayi; as such, prioritizing the former (who never kicked a ball for the qualifying matches) over the latter (who gladly flew in from Tunisia to honor invitations) would be harsh. Furthermore, some of these players Siasia left out did a poor job in handling previous invitations extended to them. For example, Sokari forced himself out of the African Games camp to play an inconsequential match in Nigeria, literary damning the coach.

Most importantly, he is still the coach and has the final say. He knows the players he can work effectively with. Great teams are usually not forged by great individual players. Ranieri proved that with Leicester last season.

For the records, am not advocating that we discard our best players for some loyalty crap, but hey, don't discard all the old players either. Bring in the exceptional goods ones -Kelechi, Iwobi, Moses, Ndidi; and retained the old players who have proved their worth like Etebo.

You have to be professional if you are a coach. Reassess the performance of Ajayi in the under 23 tournament and Chikatara in CHAN... Mind you CHAN was more competitive. Based on that tournament alone, Chikatara is far better. He has recently been signed by Lille.

How many goals did Awoniyi and Ajayi bag in the tournament? The team relied on excellent saves by Daniel, penalties and individual brilliance from only 2 players, Etebo and Azubuike.. The rest were just making up the numbers.

If Siasia is bringing sentiments, then maybe coaching is not the job for him. He should constantly be focused on improving his team. They are currently not good enough.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:24am On Jun 27, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Awoniyi is not measuring up,I watched the U23 against Korea republic and Awoniyi could not muster a simple stamina. They need to drop that guy. It's not a must you will play professionally. His time is up and I don't care if he can run a marathon back to back.

Awoniyi has the making of a star. His movement, positioning, getting into positions to score is good. It is his finishing that lets him down.

Some people master finishing fast, while some take time to get it right. I do not think we should throw away his quality. I believe he is not ready for playing at the top level yet.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by irondome: 1:25am On Jun 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The hand writing is on the wall. Imagine selecting Akpeyi over Ikeme. I just pray we do not get another Suwon Embarrassment in Rio. That is just my prayer.

I hope Coach Siasia puts aside his bias sentiments and select a good team. So far, it is not looking good at all.

It would probably be a commitment issue. Remember Ikeme left the nation cup qualifier camp over some minor stomach upset; and subsequently flew back to the UK. Patriots would have preferred he stayed back to help boost the team's morale. I guess he needs a keeper he can totally rely on and would give his 100%. Enyeama is retired, Ikeme disappointed him once; and Daniel isn't so much of a shitty keeper.

Personally, I don't think we need Daniel anyway; the 2 under 23 keepers (Emmanuel and Yusuf) are good enough. However, I can understand his choice over Ikeme
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:43am On Jun 27, 2016
irondome:

First of all, Ranieri Won the league with exceptional players. They were just not recognized. For instance, Ritchie Da Laet was a promising defender in Manchester United. Respected by Manchester United fans. He left because at the time he was there, Rio Ferdinand and Vidic were still available.

Huth was not a pushover at Chelsea. The signings of Kante and Mahrez came cheap. Pundits and players who knew them announced that Ranieri signed quality.

I am not against regular names. We respected Coach Keshi when he unleashed the likes of Omeruo, Mba and Oboabona.

In this case, we are seeing clearly weak players making the cut. We are seeing Coach Siasia over look bright promising talents like Osede and Otigba.

The problem is Coach Siasia has made up his mind to create spaces for players who are not as good as those he wants to drop. This is myopic sentiments and the thrashing by the Danes U20 team and the Flying Eagles shows how behind Coach Siasia is. Especially for a coach who has been on ground since last year, before the U20 World Cup.

There was enough time to scout local and foreign talents. How is it possible Awoniyi gets looked in and Solanke did not get a sniff. How can the likes of Oduduwa concede goals repeatedly and Otigba does not get a chance.

This is beyond loyalty. This is confusion. If not the Danes flogging, if Coach Siasia Won that tourney with scrappy results, his so called loyal lads will be on the way to Rio. Pathetic.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:49am On Jun 27, 2016
irondome:

It would probably be a commitment issue. Remember Ikeme left the nation cup qualifier camp over some minor stomach upset; and subsequently flew back to the UK. Patriots would have preferred he stayed back to help boost the team's morale. I guess he needs a keeper he can totally rely on and would give his 100%. Enyeama is retired, Ikeme disappointed him once; and Daniel isn't so much of a shitty keeper.

Personally, I don't think we need Daniel anyway; the 2 under 23 keepers (Emmanuel and Yusuf) are good enough. However, I can understand his choice over Ikeme

Coach Siasia knows we do not need Akpeyi. His team is leaking goals. The U23 goal keeper is good and he has been the best player of this team. Why carry an overage goal keeper when he could bring in a defender with experience or defensive midfielder to add to the team.

Going with Onazi and Raheem Lawal would be a good option if Chelsea does not release Mikel. Etebor and Azubuike can not bench these guys in the National Super Eagles team. This makes the team stronger.

Or a player like Babatunde or Aluko can take that overage slot if Arsenal fails to release Iwobi.

Coach Siasia's team just conceded four against the Flying Eagles. This is more than Enough sign to do something about that defence and defensive midfield. We know there are untouchables. He wants to make sure they have game time at Rio.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:52am On Jun 27, 2016
irondome:

How long has Coach Siasia tried Akpeyi to know he can rely on him 100%? Coach Siasia has shown he is not the right man for the Super Eagles job. He has convinced me beyond all reasonable doubt.

Even if he wins gold, he is not the right man for the job.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by irondome: 2:02am On Jun 27, 2016
tbaba1234:

You have to be professional if you are a coach. Reassess the performance of Ajayi in the under 23 tournament and Chikatara in CHAN... Mind you CHAN was more competitive. Based on that tournament alone, Chikatara is far better. He has recently been signed by Lille.

How many goals did Awoniyi and Ajayi bag in the tournament? The team relied on excellent saves by Daniel, penalties and individual brilliance from only 2 players, Etebo and Azubuike.. The rest were just making up the numbers.

If Siasia is bringing sentiments, then maybe coaching is not the job for him. He should constantly be focused on improving his team. They are currently not good enough.

Chikatara is good, but isn't far ahead of Ajayi. I wouldn't drop Ajayi who I relied on in securing the tickets for him. Mind you, Ajayi brings on board an edge of foreign exposure and confidence, having consistently done well at CS Sfaxien for a year now. I also wouldn't drop Etebo and Usman for the likes of Ifeanyi Mathew and Nwobodo some have been advocating for. There isn't much difference between them.

The only notable omission in his list would be Success. He probably prefers playing Moses from the left over an Isaac Success.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:28am On Jun 27, 2016
irondome:

Chikatara is good, but isn't far ahead of Ajayi. I wouldn't drop Ajayi who I relied on in securing the tickets for him. Mind you, Ajayi brings on board an edge of foreign exposure and confidence, having consistently done well at CS Sfaxien for a year now. I also wouldn't drop Etebo and Usman for the likes of Ifeanyi Mathew and Nwobodo some have been advocating for. There isn't much difference between them.

The only notable omission in his list would be Success. He probably prefers playing Moses from the left over an Isaac Success.

Saying you would not drop a player because he helped secure a ticket, shows it is a sentimental pick. Even if you say Chikatara is not far ahead of Junior Ajayi, there is an ahead in your statement which means, you are okay with Coach Siasia dropping a better player due to sentiments.

That is what we are against.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 2:29am On Jun 27, 2016
irondome:

I don't think anyone is advocating for the removal of Etebo but i struggle to see Ajayi's contribution when there are better options. What is Dimgba doing there... Ndifreke??

Ajayi's experience is still within the African continent and it does not make him close to Chikatara. I look at their scoring records for the national teams and Chikatara looks more like a goal threat. What is the use of strikers that do not score?

You can not coach with sentiments. Clemens westerhof dropped players that had been part of the qualifying process for USA 94.. You have to be looking at the best for your team not sentiments.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:34am On Jun 27, 2016
irondome:

No one is advocating dropping Etebor and Azubuike for Nwobodo and Ifeanyi Matthew. We want most promising players giving fair chances.

When the final list is out, we want to be sure that these are the best available for the team.

I will say it here. Etebor is not better than Usman Mohammed. I can bet Etebor is ahead of Usman in Coach Siasia's list. That is the problem.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by irondome: 2:38am On Jun 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Coach Siasia knows we do not need Akpeyi. His team is leaking goals. The U23 goal keeper is good and he has been the best player of this team. Why carry an overage goal keeper when he could bring in an experienced defender or defensive midfielder to add to the team.

Going with Onazi and Raheem Lawal would be a good option if Chelsea does not release Mikel. Etebor and Azubuike can not bench these guys in the National Super Eagles team. This makes the team stronger.

Or a player like Babatunde or Aluko can take that overage slot if Arsenal fails to release Iwobi.

Coach Siasia's team just conceded four against the Flying Eagles. This is more than Enough sign to do something about that defence and defensive midfield. We know there are untouchables. He wants to make sure they have game time at Rio.

I reckon only 15 out fields players are Brazil bound. Suffice to state that he can't invite everybody. A comprehensive listing of all the names being hawked around here is well over 15. Invariably, some good players like Isaac Success are bound to miss out.

I also guess his kneel-jerking decision to bring in an experienced keeper was as a result of Emmanuel's flop against the Danes. The truth really is, Siasia has never had much use for overage players. He went to Beijing Olympics with just 2 overage players and one of them consistently sat on the bench. And guess what, he would have won Gold if not for the mercurial Messi.

Let's give him a chance and if he flopped, that may as well be the nail on the coffin of his coaching career with the national teams
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:50am On Jun 27, 2016
Akpeyi was already going to go with or without the flop. The hints were already there. He was not going to leave Akpeyi. The Daniel flop just gave Coach Siasia an excuse to see if he can push Akpeyi into the number one position. We debated it before the Suwon tourney.

irondome:

I reckon only 15 out fields players are Brazil bound. Suffice to state that he can't invite everybody. A comprehensive listing of all the names being hawked around here is well over 15. Invariably, some good players like Isaac Success are bound to miss out.

I also guess his kneel-jerking decision to bring in an experienced keeper was as a result of Emmanuel's flop against the Danes. The truth really is, Siasia has never had much use for overage players. He went to Beijing Olympics with just 2 overage players and one of them consistently sat on the bench. And guess what, he would have won Gold if not for the mercurial Messi.

Let's give him a chance and if he flopped, that may as well be the nail on the coffin of his coaching career with the national teams
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by irondome: 2:51am On Jun 27, 2016
tbaba1234:

I don't think anyone is advocating for the removal of Etebo but i struggle to see Ajayi's contribution when there are better options. What is Dimgba doing there... Ndifreke??

Ajayi's experience is still within the African continent and it does not make him close to Chikatara. I look at their scoring records for the national teams and Chikatara looks more like a goal threat. What is the use of strikers that do not score?

You can not coach with sentiments. Clemens westerhof dropped players that had been part of the qualifying process for USA 94.. You have to be looking at the best for your team not sentiments.

About half of the guys invited would not make it to Brazil (17 in 35), and most of those the average folks listed above may likely be casualties.

Do me a favor, draw up your name 18-man list (particularly your 15-man list without the overage players) without looking at 35 Siasia's list. I bet you would realize that 80% of the names in your 15-man list would be in Siasia's 35-man list.

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.