Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,483 members, 7,808,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (696196 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
Icon4s:

I am not saying no Nigerian player can reach the pinnacle of world football neither am I saying Iheanacho cannot be the best in the world.

And I think folks here have largely misunderstood what I have been saying all along.

What I have been saying is: Kelechi Iheanacho is a talented player but he is not there yet. And that is what u guys dont want to here, that phrase "not yet there". We need to see him more of him in action. He needs more playing time to build up the stamina, strenght, skills, pace and what have for an EPL player. That is what i have been saying. Except u guys are twlling me he already has all those enough to b among d best in d EPL.U guys are free to say he now belongs to d class of Aguero , Nasri, Da Silva and co. But that is nt what I see yet. This is jst 2months into his first EPL season. He has barely played upto 30mins put together so there is no way I would want to rate him as high as d other regular, Older City attacking Midfielders yet.

If you saw the pre-match analysis ahead of the Arsenal vs Manu game, one of the analyst was asked to comment abt the comparison being made of Anthony Martial and Thiery Henry. And he simply said he needs to see more of Martial especially against serious oppositions.

U guys are really misunderstanding me.

On Nigerian talented youth players that never rose to their full potential u know d list is so long but I will jst name a few.

1. Gbenga Okunowo was d 1997 flying Eagles captain. A talented defender that got signed by Barcelona in 1999/2000. I dnt think he played more than 2 seasons before he was sold out. He featured in our defence at 2000 AFCON and dat was d last.

2. Batholomew Ogbeche and Christian Obodo were members of the 2001 Flying Eagles. Obodo who was nicknamed bundle of skills was expected to b d next JJ Okocha. He signed for Peruggia of Italy from I think Enugu Rangers. Expectations were high on him and he struggled until wNigerians gradually turned there eyes away from him. His compatriot Ogbeche was a talented and athletic striker signef by PSG in 2001. He made the 2002 WC team due to some flashes of brilliance in 2 pre-world cup friendlies. Remember his famous bicycle kick that rocked d cross bar?

4. Joel Obi was simply sensational as teenage Midfielder at Inter-Milan. He was a spectacle to watch in d midfield. U and I know wherw Injury has kept him now.

5. Obafemi Martins. Though i would say he had jst a descent or fair career, he was expected to rival Rasheed Yekini's goal scoring record. U and I know how Martín. s finished.

6.Rabiu Ibrahim. Another exceptionally talented Midfielder that had the statue, passing and dribbling skills like Okocha.U know where his game is today.

7. Victor Anichebe: He was an 18yrs old starlet at Everton around 2005. Nigerian sports enthusiasts celebrated his switch of nationality. Hopes were high and where is Anichebe's game today.

8. Victor Moses. Though i still personallt feel he still has a lot to offer. But going by how this young man was rated like 3yrs ago by now he should b competing with d likes of Alexis, Håzard, Da Silva and co.

9. Others: Haruna Lukman, Uche Nwofor,Macauley Chrisantus, Ganiu Oseni, Rabiu Afolabi, Julius Aghahowa, Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi.

I am not saying that Iheanacho will definitely thow that path. I am jst saying lets see him play more games before classifying him among the best in the EPL.

I expect some of us here to come out and tell me all d players I mentioned are not as talented as Iheanacho.
you fail to understand that Iheanacho is different for most of us here, we watched him from the U-17, he amazed us and the world winning the MVP and a silver boot, can you tell me what Victor or any others on that list won in an age grade tournament? Iheanacho was voted CAF Most Promising player at just 17, do you know the previous winner was 24 and the consecuent one was 21, so he was much younger than the average age of winners . Which of your listed players won that? The kid has been stellar and head and shoulders above the listed people. The only player you can mention as far as Iheanacho's hype goes is Mikel Obi and even he, didn't get as much accolades as Kelechi has at such a young age. Bros, try another argument

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
U rite Sir. This may be one of West Ham's Subtle tricks to hold back Moses. They did same with Diafra Sakho in the Senegal vs. West ham war.

But it's ok.... Let it go. At least he should be available for November's world cup qualifying double-header.

I don't think we should take this one o, just look at Belgium with Kompany their coach still wants him there and he hasn't played in how long. FIFA's rule is clear during periods like this we can call any Nigerian we want no matter how he plays for. If it were any team but West Ham maybe i chill but they stopped Sakho from playing AFCON if you are Senegal how important is that and lets be honest Victor Moses along with Enyeama was the team and that's why we didn't qualify.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
Icon4s:

I am not saying no Nigerian player can reach the pinnacle of world football neither am I saying Iheanacho cannot be the best in the world.

And I think folks here have largely misunderstood what I have been saying all along.

What I have been saying is: Kelechi Iheanacho is a talented player but he is not there yet. And that is what u guys dont want to here, that phrase "not yet there". We need to see him more of him in action. He needs more playing time to build up the stamina, strenght, skills, pace and what have for an EPL player. That is what i have been saying. Except u guys are twlling me he already has all those enough to b among d best in d EPL.U guys are free to say he now belongs to d class of Aguero , Nasri, Da Silva and co. But that is nt what I see yet. This is jst 2months into his first EPL season. He has barely played upto 30mins put together so there is no way I would want to rate him as high as d other regular, Older City attacking Midfielders yet.

If you saw the pre-match analysis ahead of the Arsenal vs Manu game, one of the analyst was asked to comment abt the comparison being made of Anthony Martial and Thiery Henry. And he simply said he needs to see more of Martial especially against serious oppositions.

On Nigerian talented youth players that never rose to their full potential u know d list is so long but I will jst name a few.

1. Gbenga Okunowo was d 1997 flying Eagles captain. A talented defender that got signed by Barcelona in 1999/2000. I dnt think he played more than 2 seasons before he was sold out. He featured in our defence at 2000 AFCON and dat was d last.

2. Batholomew Ogbeche and Christian Obodo were members of the 2001 Flying Eagles. Obodo who was nicknamed bundle of skills was expected to b d next JJ Okocha. He signed for Peruggia of Italy from I think Enugu Rangers. Expectations were high on him and he struggled until wNigerians gradually turned there eyes away from him. His compatriot Ogbeche was a talented and athletic striker signef by PSG in 2001. He made the 2002 WC team due to some flashes of brilliance in 2 pre-world cup friendlies. Remember his famous bicycle kick that rocked d cross bar?

4. Joel Obi was simply sensational as teenage Midfielder at Inter-Milan. He was a spectacle to watch in d midfield. U and I know wherw Injury has kept him now.

5. Obafemi Martins. Though i would say he had jst a descent or fair career, he was expected to rival Rasheed Yekini's goal scoring record. U and I know how Martín. s finished.

6.Rabiu Ibrahim. Another exceptionally talented Midfielder that had the statue, passing and dribbling skills like Okocha.U know where his game is today.

7. Victor Anichebe: He was an 18yrs old starlet at Everton around 2005. Nigerian sports enthusiasts celebrated his switch of nationality. Hopes were high and where is Anichebe's game today.

8. Victor Moses. Though i still personallt feel he still has a lot to offer. But going by how this young man was rated like 3yrs ago by now he should b competing with d likes of Alexis, Håzard, Da Silva and co.

9. Others: Haruna Lukman, Uche Nwofor,Macauley Chrisantus, Ganiu Oseni, Rabiu Afolabi, Julius Aghahowa, Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi.

I am not saying that Iheanacho will definitely thow that path. I am jst saying lets see him play more games before classifying him among the best in the EPL.

I expect some of us here to come out and tell me all d players I mentioned are not as talented as Iheanacho.

Normally u make it so hard for me to agree with u but right here is were we almost share common ground. It will be almost impossible for a Nigerian to thrive in the league unless of course of they are British and most importantly decide to play for England. Both those conditions must be met just look at my Victor Moses look what was done in Liverpool even now Sterling is not better. The thing is we don't carry much weight as the past but im sure with Iheanacho Igoalo and Moses doing well thing will surely get better.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
Actually, THEY'RE NOT!!!!!!!!! **Yeah..... You heard me!!!!!! STATISTICS DON'T LIE!!!!!! Let me take u on short ride down history firstly** I know all these players too. Followed them bumper to bumper and still do for those still active.

Look I've seen prospective super talents too Sir, that gave us reason to hope and expect great things only for those expectations to be shattered. Over 90% of them never reached half of their full potentials. The other 10% variably reached some heights but..... (There's a but along the line).

Right from the age of 7 in 1999, I saw and witnessed lots of fantastic Nigerian talents. You've mentioned some of them but do you also recall these ones?:
(I'm sure u do, you got "the experience" don't u)

-Nigeria 1999 fifa u-20: Pius Ikedia, Julius Aghahowa, Joseph Yobo, Rabiu "robocop" Afolabi, Sam Okoye-gk (neva got a chance to shine coz he died quite young).

-Ethiopia 2001 caf u-20: u've already mentioned Christian Obodo and Ogbeche.

-Caf u-17 2001 & T&T 2001 fifa u-17: Victor Brown, Femi Opabunmi, karimu Shuaibu, Segun Abiodun, Bassey Akpan(gk), Temile Omonigbe.

-Caf u-17 2003 & Finland 2003 fifa u-17: Mikel Obi, Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi, Ezekiel Bala, Emmanuel Sarki(once trialled at Chelsea).

-Caf u-17 2005: Only Sunday Mba was the stand-out talent of that set.

-Caf u-20 2005 & Netherlands 2005 fifa u-20: Mikel Obi, Taiye Taiwo, Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi, Apam Onyeckachi, Dele Adeleye, Sanni Kaita, John Owoeri, Solomon Abwo.

-Caf u-17 2007 & Korea 2007 fifa u-17: Rabiu Ibrahim, Ganiyu Oseni, Macauley Chrisantus, Osanga King, Joshua Daniel, Oladele Ajiboye(gk), Lukman Haruna, Sheriff Isa(now with Kano pillars), Kabiru Akinsola, Raphael Ademola, Kingsley Udoh, Matthew Edile.

-Caf u-20 2007 & Canada 2007 fifa u-20: Brown Ideye, Solomon Owello, Chukwuma Akabueze, Bello Kofarmata (now with Kano pillars), Elderson Echiejile, Efe Ambrose, Akeem Abgetu, Ikechukwu Ezenwa(gk), Moses Adams.

-Caf u-20 2009 & Egypt 2009 fifa u-20: Odion Jude Ighalo, Rabiu Ibrahim, Obiorah Nwankwo, Gbolahan Salami, Michael Okechukwu Uchebo, Harmony Ikande, Stanley Ohawuchi, Lukman Haruna, Sone Aluko.

-Nigeria 2009 fifa u-17: Sani Shehu Emmanuel, Stanley Okoro, Abduljaleel Ajagun, Ramon Azeez, Kenneth Omeruo, Terry Envoh, Omoh Ojabu, Olanrewaju Kayode, Edafe Egbedi.

-Caf u-20 2011 & Colombia 2011 fifa u-20: Ahmed Musa, Uche Innocent Nwofor, Edafe Egbedi, Bright Ejike (now with Heartland fc and one of the npfl top scorers), Terna Suswam, Kenneth Omeruo, Emmanuel Anyanwu
................................................................................................................................................................................
***2013 till now..... A new Era is born....

-Caf u-17 2013 & UAE 2013 fifa u-17: **WE ALL
KNOW THIS GENERATION DON'T WE? THE BEST EVER SEEN AT ANY FIFA AGE GRADE COMPETITION ESPECIALLY THE U-17s.... A record 26 goals in a single u-17 tournament backed by a scintillating brand of football and an embarassment of genuine young talents no be beans!!!!!!!!!!!!!**

........Let's move on a little more before I hit my point..............

-Caf u-20 2013 & Turkey 2013 fifa u-20: Abduljaleel Ajagun, Moses Simon Ajala, Aminu Umar, Shehu Abdullahi, Kingsley Madu, Wilfred Ndidi(as a 17 year old), Christian Pyagbara, Olanrewaju Kayode,

-WE ALL KNOW THE STORY OF THE U-20s from the senegal caf u-20 ayc to the anti-climatic drama at NZ 2015...... The Current u-17 remains a mystery to some but not to me.
...............................................................................................................................................................................

YOU SAY SOMEONE MAY ARGUE THAT THE TALENTS U MENTIONED WEREN'T AS TALENTED AS IHEANACHO.....................

PLS SIR, IHEANACHO PRODUCED THE GREATEST PERFORMANCE SEEN BY ANY ONE AT A FIFA U-17 WORLD CUP.... HE YIELDED 6 GOALS AND 7ASSISTS (ACTUALLY IT'S 8 ASSISTS COZ FIFA.COM MISCALCULATED BUT LET'S LEAVE IT AT 7).

QUESTION: CAN YOU POINT OUT JUST "ONE PLAYER" WHO PRODUCED SUCH STATISTICS OR SOMETHING BETTER THAN NACHO'S? SOMEONE "DIRECTLY" INVOLVED IN 13 OF HIS TEAM'S GOALS? Pls do so.... Is it Civ's Souleymane? Is it France's Sinama pongolle? Is it Philip Osondu? Who?
Also, How many of the talents you mentioned hit the heights attained by Nacho at age 16-17?? Victor Moses represented England at the 2007 fifa u-17 wc which Nigeria won.... Was his exploits(he scored 4 gls and was involved in no more than 6 of England's gls) at 17 more than Nacho's?

STATISTICS DON'T LIE!!!!!!!! BUT I DON'T JUST BASE MY VIEWS ON STATISTICS SIR...... INTELLIGENCE AND KEEN OBSERVATION DEVOID OF BIAS GUIDE MY VIEWS ALSO.

MOST OF THE TALENTS ABOVE FROM 1999-2011 showed promise but went on to fade out..... Expectations crumbled. Hopes of seeing another Genuine article emerge from Nigeria in soccer were cast down to the dust......... I understand what u mean aiiit...... BUT WILL YOU NOW SAY THAT BECAUSE TALENTS, WHICH IN YOUR VIEW MIGHT HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN NACHO, HAVE COME AND FAILED THAT WE SHOULD TURN "EXTREME CONSERVATIVES" AND "SUBTLE PESSIMISTS" LIKE YOURSELF?

SIR, I HAVE SEEN THE FALL OF SEVERAL OF THESE TALENTS, SOME ARE STILL GROWING SO CAN'T BE JUDGED YET, BUT STILL I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE AND REMAIN AN OPTIMIST.... NOT A PATRIOTIC ONE, BUT ONE GUIDED BY OPEN-MINDEDNESS AND A REFUSAL TO ALLOW THE PAST DICTATE MY VIEWS COZ THINGS AREN'T ALWAYS THE SAME..............

You say that some of us will become like you in 5-10 years from now....... Now that's a laugh... *smiles*

But Sir, sorry to prove you wrong coz I, for one, will never ever be found on the route of "extreme (or over-) conservatism mixed with subtle pessimism".

It's not enough for you to try convince us that you hope Nacho becomes another soccer great from Nigeria alongside other rising Naija stars....... coz u say that mixed in with a lot of conservatism and subtle pessimism.

Good day Sir.......... Let Time be the Final Judge of All..... *smiles*

Icon4s:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 5:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Normally u make it so hard for me to agree with u but right here is were we almost share common ground. It will be almost impossible for a Nigerian to thrive in the league unless of course of they are British and most importantly decide to play for England. Both those conditions must be met just look at my Victor Moses look what was done in Liverpool even now Sterling is not better. The thing is we don't carry much weight as the past but im sure with Iheanacho Igoalo and Moses doing well thing will surely get better.
I disagree. What happened to players like Fashanu, Agbonlahor, Onuoha and co that fulfilled those conditions? I suppose their careers are thriving, abi? Those players he mentioned are not up to Iheanacho. They won no individual awards, just baseless hype from showing off fancy skills on the pitch. I never rated any of those players as the key to anything, just goes to show how most Naija 'football pundits' are just couch analysts.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
Well guys, I guess we cannot come to a conclusion on the Iheanacho case. I feel If one takes the argument further to say that u dnt need to win d MVP @ the U17 to b among d best in d world it would seem as if I am beafing Kelechi. What happened to all d U17 WC MVPs from say 1999 to date? Messi, Ronaldo, Hazard, Alexis, Neymar, Bale, Iniesta, Aguero, Ozil, Zidane, Figo, Van Perse, Rooney, Beckham, Di Maria etc never won U17 MVPs. Winning an MVP at U17 does nt directly translate to world football greatness.(Pls dnt think i hate Iheanacho for this comment, I am jst making a point)

By and large I think the Onions lies on Iheanacho himself. The expectations of the nation lie on his shoulders. The expectation is so high and he cannot afford to fail us jst like the others.

But u guys should remember that the baseline of my argument is: Iheanacho has a bright prospect but he is still work in progress. He is nt there yet. He needs time to fully mature.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 7:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
Icon4s:
Well guys, I guess we cannot come to a conclusion on the Iheanacho case. I feel If one takes the argument further to say that u dnt need to win d MVP @ the U17 to b among d best in d world it would seem as if I am beafing Kelechi. What happened to all d U17 WC MVPs from say 1999 to date? Messi, Ronaldo, Hazard, Alexis, Neymar, Bale, Iniesta, Aguero, Ozil, Zidane, Figo, Van Perse, Rooney, Beckham, Di Maria etc never won U17 MVPs. Winning an MVP at U17 does nt directly translate to world football greatness.(Pls dnt think i hate Iheanacho for this comment, I am jst making a point)

By and large I think the Onions lies on Iheanacho himself. The expectations of the nation lie on his shoulders. The expectation is so high and he cannot afford to fail us jst like the others.

But u guys should remember that the baseline of my argument is: Iheanacho has a bright prospect but he is still work in progress. He is nt there yet. He needs time to fully mature.

Mister man... Are you are robot?.. What is all this ''he is not there yet'' you are spewing around on this thread..
By the way.. Where is the ''there'' his isn't yet?
Abi English dey hard you understand?

Every one in this thread less one knows and believe nacho is a super-talented kid. He is among the most talented in his age grade.. We know he has the potential to reach the apogee of the game and revel in the glory presently exclusive to the messi and ronaldo of this world... Is this hard to understand
Did anyone in this thread ever insinuate that nacho was shortchanged of last year's balon d or
Did anyone ever give a hint that nacho is being shortchanged and humilated in his being understudy to a certain aguero
People on this thread have consistently express their desire that nacho remain in the big club-MCFC so he keep learning from the best... But ad-interim there remain the consensus that nacho is a super-talented kid waiting to metamorphose into a player described only with superlative adjectives...

So man... If I hear that phrase again!!! ..hmm.. Keep confusing yourself

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
linked:

Mister man... Are you are robot?.. What is all this ''he is not there yet'' you are spewing around on this thread..

Every one in this thread less one knows and believe nacho is a super-talented kid. He is among the most talented in his age grade.. We know he has the potential to reach the apogee of the game and revel in the glory presently exclusive to the messi and ronaldo of this world... Is this hard to understand
Did anyone in this thread ever insinuate that nacho was shortchanged of last year's balon d or
Did anyone ever give a hint that nacho is being shortchanged and humilated in his being understudy to a certain aguero
People on this thread have consistently express their desire that nacho remain in the big club-MCFC so he keep learning from the best... But ad-interim there remain the consensus that nacho is a super-talented kid waiting to metamorphose into a player described only with superlative adjectives...

Thank You!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
linked:

Well, U have jst said it: "Nacho is a super-talented kid WAITING TO METAMORPHOSE" into a player described only with superlative adjectives". And I will simply say... "currently undergoing Metamorphoses to become the superlative player we expect him to be. He is nt there yet. The metamorphoses is still on-going.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2015
safarigirl:
I disagree. What happened to players like Fashanu, Agbonlahor, Onuoha and co that fulfilled those conditions? I suppose their careers are thriving, abi? Those players he mentioned are not up to Iheanacho. They won no individual awards, just baseless hype from showing off fancy skills on the pitch. I never rated any of those players as the key to anything, just goes to show how most Naija 'football pundits' are just couch analysts.
Ok sorry forgot to add the said player must also be good. Like Dele Ali, Jordan Ibe, Akpom. Though his form dropped but look how fast Ibe got his shot they actually expected him to replace Sterling. I don't see us getting such chances. Even Ighalo started the year on the bench and you ask why when he scored 20 goals the year before to win the team promotion. He is playing now because of his undeniable form.
I might agree with some of the people on that list but if you don't rate Victor Moses ahead of Iheanacho as of right now then you never watched Victor Moses its actually almost an insult to say such being that the man for the most part won us the nations cup and also got us to the world cup. So the question is what went wrong? The only thing i see is that Moses chose to play for Nigeria and he has never got a shot at playing at a big club. I revisit Liverpool if Moses never chose to represent Nigeria Sterling never gets that chance ahead of him. I am putting my neck out there by saying when healthy Victor Moses is world class.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Well, U have jst said it: "Nacho is a super-talented kid WAITING TO METAMORPHOSE" into a player described only with superlative adjectives". And I will simply say... "currently undergoing Metamorphoses to become the superlative player we expect him to be. He is nt there yet. The metamorphoses is still on-going.
You make me giggle
Who ever said nacho is the world footballer of the year I have keenly followed every post on this thread.... Was the ronaldo of 18 years the ronaldo of last year?

Urrrggghh.. What you are doing is like screaming 2+2 = 4 in the midst of graduates solving quantum mechanics...
People saying ''potentials'' and "talent" and wishing nacho get more game time so he explode, you are shouting "not there yet"
Please get a new sobriquet... "He is not there yet" isn't good for you..and moreover it is unnecessary
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 8:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
No one wants nacho to become redundant and remain @ the level he is presently... That's why people are eager to see him play so that he will hone his delightful skills and become even better...

Watin con be d problem?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
linked:
No one wants nacho to become redundant and remain @ the level he is presently... That's why people are eager to see him play so that he will hone his delightful skills and become even better...

Watin con be d problem?
Bros, that's all I've been saying o. He says he's not there so it is worth it when he does not get games at City. He says he has potential yet he's happy when he is an unused sub.

Nobody here has said Kelechi is Messi or Ronaldo or Sanchez. All we are saying is that his development is heartwarming so playing regularly is welcomed and even deserved judging by what he displays when he comes on. Even his coaches and City fans echo the same, but no, Icon wants us to be pessimistic because Ogbeche did not eventually play for Bayern Munich.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Ok sorry forgot to add the said player must also be good. Like Dele Ali, Jordan Ibe, Akpom. Though his form dropped but look how fast Ibe got his shot they actually expected him to replace Sterling. I don't see us getting such chances. Even Ighalo started the year on the bench and you ask why when he scored 20 goals the year before to win the team promotion. He is playing now because of his undeniable form.
I might agree with some of the people on that list but if you don't rate Victor Moses ahead of Iheanacho as of right now then you never watched Victor Moses its actually almost an insult to say such being that the man for the most part won us the nations cup and also got us to the world cup. So the question is what went wrong? The only thing i see is that Moses chose to play for Nigeria and he has never got a shot at playing at a big club. I revisit Liverpool if Moses never chose to represent Nigeria Sterling never gets that chance ahead of him. I am putting my neck out there by saying when healthy Victor Moses is world class.
which Jordan Ibe and Dele Alli? Have they played a game for England that you've already concluded on their successful careers? Those 2 are no different from Fashanu and Agbonlahor in their heydays, so you'll have to wait at least a year to determine how good their careers will be and Ibe certainly isn't shining in the EPL so far. You should tell me what Victor Moses achieved at 19, so I'll know how to rate him. No be by skills
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
joseph1013:
Bros, that's all I've been saying o. He says he's not there so it is worth it when he does not get games at City. He says he has potential yet he's happy when he is an unused sub.

Nobody here has said Kelechi is Messi or Ronaldo or Sanchez. All we are saying is that his development is heartwarming so playing regularly is welcomed and even deserved judging by what he displays when he comes on. Even his coaches and City fans echo the same, but no, Icon wants us to be pessimistic because Ogbeche did not eventually play for Bayern Munich.
someone who says Iheanacho lacks pace, power shots, balance, ball control and only has good positioning? He basically said Iheanacho lacks 80% of the ingredients required to be a striker, that's not pessimism, that's straight up beef

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
TheSuperNerd, I see you. Seems you've been banned cos I can see you groaning and panting to make comments. LOL

We'll see you when we see you. smiley

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
safarigirl:
which Jordan Ibe and Dele Alli? Have they played a game for England that you've already concluded on their successful careers? Those 2 are no different from Fashanu and Agbonlahor in their heydays, so you'll have to wait at least a year to determine how good their careers will be and Ibe certainly isn't shining in the EPL so far. You should tell me what Victor Moses achieved at 19, so I'll know how to rate him. No be by skills

I am not talking about what they've done im talking about the player being given the opportunity in the first place. Dele Ali just came from MK Dons and he is already a main player at Tottenham, not saying he doesn't have the ability but with being British came that chance which he has so far grabbed with both hands.
Victor Moses actually played for England U-17 he was their best player he scored 3 goals in just the first round of the world cup before getting injured. At 19 he was a regular for Crystal Palace in the Championship before getting signed by Wiggan and he was also a beast there until Chealsea bought him probably thinking they signed an English international. As of right now the only Nigerian who could feature in the class of 94 is Victor Moses. Sorry if I'm sounding like a cheerleader btw.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
safarigirl:
someone who says Iheanacho lacks pace, power shots, balance, ball control and only has good positioning? He basically said Iheanacho lacks 80% of the ingredients required to be a striker, that's not pessimism, that's straight up beef

U c again. I was only comparing him in those aspects with d likes of Sterling, Aguero, Da Silva, Nasri etc.

Straight up beef? grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

I am not talking about what they've done im talking about the player being given the opportunity in the first place. Dele Ali just came from MK Dons and he is already a main player at Tottenham, not saying he doesn't have the ability but with being British came that chance which he has so far grabbed with both hands.
Victor Moses actually played for England U-17 he was their best player he scored 3 goals in just the first round of the world cup before getting injured. At 19 he was a regular for Crystal Palace in the Championship before getting signed by Wiggan and he was also a beast there until Chealsea bought him probably thinking they signed an English international. As of right now the only Nigerian who could feature in the class of 94 is Victor Moses. Sorry if I'm sounding like a cheerleader btw.
when I say accolades, I mean actual awards, preferably a plaque or a medal, even a certificate will do, don't give me a history of his club career
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
safarigirl:
when I say accolades, I mean actual awards, preferably a plaque or a medal, even a certificate will do, don't give me a history of his club career

Lol at even a certificate.
Awards don't mean everything Okocha was never awarded but that doesn't take away from his class.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 11:50pm On Oct 05, 2015
Sir Icons With Due Respect Sir I Think You Should Drop The "He Is Not There Yet" ArgueMent Before It Leads To Something Entirely With Other Members Of This Thread. I Get Your Point And Am Sure Everi1 Does Too But Your Repetition Of It MaKes It Sound As If TheRe Is Something Else To It, It Is Getting AnnoyIng To Most If Not Every1.
Am Sure Miss SafariGirl Is Trying As Much As Possible To Avoid An E-Fight At The Moment Cos The "Her" I Know On This Forum Would Have Done That By Now.

Hopefully, She Wont Charge Me To Court For "Libel".... na joke oo

Kudos to every1 making this thread lively For Us To Read And Follow: Thegoodjoe, Supernerd, sir Joseph, linked, AIG ETC. Thank You All
Back To The Reading Mode
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:33am On Oct 06, 2015
This why I wanted you to put out your list. It shows you do not get what we are talking. In that list, thereis only one World Class talent. Martins Obafemi.

On his debut in the Champions League against AC Milan. A World Class team. Martins came off the bench as a sub, dribbled Paolo Maldini and scored.

Note. I did not say a World Class Player.

To list Ogbeche, Rabiu Ibrahim and Joel Obi is nothing short of a joke.

When we talk of Nigerian World Class talents, we talk of Wilson Oruma, Ebiede(Waist breaker), Kanu Nwankwo, Okocha, Finidi George, Mikel and Etim Esin.

Icon4s:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:41am On Oct 06, 2015
I had to laugh. Rabiu Afolabi. grin

Fairy defender that is not close to the talent of Ndidi Wilfred. Man, you do not understand us. Man I watched every match in Nigeria '99. Every match. From Takahara, Xavi, Forlan, Santa Cruz, Chevanton, Ronaldinho,Mancini, Erico Kern, Christian Timm, P.Costa, Edu, Ngom Kome and many more.

Afolabi was not even in the top ten best defenders of the competition.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:43am On Oct 06, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.................. This is one of my top 20 funny life moments I tell you.

Thanks Sir Joseph1013 *smiles*

**hehehe.... Oh I love this family!!!**

Now..... *rubs palms together* where were we?
*Big smiles*

joseph1013:
TheSuperNerd, I see you. Seems you've been banned cos I can see you groaning and panting to make comments. LOL

We'll see you when we see you. smiley

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:48am On Oct 06, 2015
.............And I said that was unnecessarily unnecessary. An act of the highest "Floccipaucinihilipilification".

What baseless and irrelevant approach I tell you......... Like Sir Linked said, it's like "screaming that 2+2=4 in the midst of people crunching on quantum mechanics".

Trust me Sir, You don't wanna take this any further.

The "Ambiguity" present in your point is quite interesting to exploit.

Comparing Nacho, a kid with less than 25mins of top flight action, to the "Best in the Epl" in their positions such as Aguero and David Silva speak VOLUMES OF THE UNDENIABLE WORLD CLASS TALENT THAT NACHO IS. Do you think comparing him with these guys discredits him? Hahahahaha.... How wrong u are..... You would have picked a walcott, a giroud, a harry kane, a Loic Remy or even a
Falcao to fill in the "Nacho comparison meter" BUT NO!!!!! You had to go as far as the "Best there is" just to make a point that's he's not there yet. Why Because You and I know that Nacho can lead your club's attack (you are an arsenal fan aren't you?). You know that at his current age of 19 he has "MORE THAN ENOUGH CLASS, SKILL AND TALENT" to send Walcott and Giroud to the bench "EFFORTLESSLY". He's growing and will continue to grow but the kid's got more than enough even now to lead Some of the top 4's attack line.

WHY DO YOU THINK TOTTENHAM WERE TRYING TO LURE HIM FROM MAN CITY BEFORE HIS BIRTHDAY AHEAD OF THE JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW? And you say or rather sing "he's not there yet".

You don't know me but you might as well tell me I'm "not there yet" despite my "prodigious leaps" in science and medicine. Sir, I got into a top/world class online and on-campus full research scholarship program with an American Institution before I finished my first degree(I was only in 300 level or year 3 then). It was one-slot classified. Normally, I was supposed to have finished my first degree(after year 5) but I was 2 years ahead and beat graduates and some top science prospects in the global screening exam. Technically or conventionally, I was not meant to be ready but I beat the status-quo. *smiles* I'm still very much growing science-wise but I have enough now to still hold my own in the league of some of the world's best in science and medicine.

So Sir, drop the "he's not there yet" rendition and pick up a "NEW SONG"............ *smiles*

Nacho is not like the talents you've seen in the past. Same goes for Taiwo Awoniyi........ *so much to say but I'll park here....... For now* #smiles

............................................................................................

[quote author=Icon4s post=3870451

U c again. I was only comparing him in those aspects with d likes of Sterling, Aguero, Da Silva, Nasri etc.

Straight up beef? grin
[/quote]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:50am On Oct 06, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Bros these guys are telling u Iheanacho can effortlessly break into Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham attack and u are telling them Victor Moses is better than him.
I thought u were once with them on the hyping of Iheanacho. U see how far he has been hyped? Well, the barton is in ur hand now. Good luck. wink
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:03am On Oct 06, 2015
What separates Nacho and the great Nigerian talents is that he has the belief hecan become great.

He has a teaM of coaches who believe in his abilities and they are working to get him there.

Icon4s:

Bros these guys are telling u Iheanacho can effortlessly break into Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham attack and u are telling them Victor Moses is better than him.
I thought u were once with them on the hyping of Iheanacho. U see how far he has been hyped? Well, the barton is in ur hand now. Good luck. wink
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:09am On Oct 06, 2015
Nacho will break in. How old was Fabregas whenhe broke into a star studded Arsenal? 18.

Nacho is slowly gaining games in City. Chill and watch Pellegrini work his magic.

Icon4s:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:31am On Oct 06, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Nacho will break in. How old was Fabregas whenhe broke into a star studded Arsenal? 18.

Nacho is slowly gaining games in City. Chill and watch Pellegrini work his magic.

So hu will Nacho displace from Arsenal's first 11? grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:34am On Oct 06, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
What separates Nacho and the great Nigerian talents is that he has the belief hecan become great.

He has a teaM of coaches who believe in his abilities and they are working to get him there.

So the others didn't believe they will become great? And the others also had coaches hu didn't believe in their abilities right?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:40am On Oct 06, 2015
Can you tell me which ofthe Nigerian greats believed he can become the World Best player.

Icon4s:

So the others didn't believe they will become great? And the others also had coaches hu didn't believe in their abilities right?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:47am On Oct 06, 2015
Pellegrini believed Nacho's talent that he let Dzeko go.

If Nacho had the kind of games Walcott have played so far at Arsenal, he would have done better than Walcott.

Or is it Giroud that misses sitters. Bring Giroud and Walcott to Man City and they will sit on the bench.

Icon4s:

So hu will Nacho displace from Arsenal's first 11? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 219
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.