Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (695200 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by shizzy7(f): 7:49am On Oct 06, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
.............And I said that was unnecessarily unnecessary. An act of the highest "Floccipaucinihilipilification"

What baseless and irrelevant approach I tell you......... Like Sir Linked said, it's like "screaming that 2+2=4 in the midst of people crunching on quantum mechanics".

Trust me Sir, You don't wanna take this any further.

The "Ambiguity" present in your point is quite interesting to exploit.

Comparing Nacho, a kid with less than 25mins of top flight action, to the "Best in the Epl" in their positions such as Aguero and David Silva speak VOLUMES OF THE UNDENIABLE WORLD CLASS TALENT THAT NACHO IS. Do you think comparing him with these guys discredits him? Hahahahaha.... How wrong u are..... You would have picked a walcott, a giroud, a harry kane, a Loic Remy or even a
Falcao to fill in the "Nacho comparison meter" BUT NO!!!!! You had to go as far as the "Best there is" just to make a point that's he's not there yet. Why Because You and I know that Nacho can lead your club's attack (you are an arsenal fan aren't you?). You know that at his current age of 19 he has "MORE THAN ENOUGH CLASS, SKILL AND TALENT" to send Walcott and Giroud to the bench "EFFORTLESSLY". He's growing and will continue to grow but the kid's got more than enough even now to lead Some of the top 4's attack line.

WHY DO YOU THINK TOTTENHAM WERE TRYING TO LURE HIM FROM MAN CITY BEFORE HIS BIRTHDAY AHEAD OF THE JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW? And you say or rather sing "he's not there yet".

You don't know me but you might as well tell me I'm "not there yet" despite my "prodigious leaps" in science and medicine. Sir, I got into a top/world class online and on-campus full research scholarship program with an American Institution before I finished my first degree(I was only in 300 level or year 3 then). It was one-slot classified. Normally, I was supposed to have finished my first degree(after year 5) but I was 2 years ahead and beat graduates and some top science prospects in the global screening exam. Technically or conventionally, I was not meant to be ready but I beat the status-quo. *smiles* I'm still very much growing science-wise but I have enough now to still hold my own in the league of some of the world's best in science and medicine.

So Sir, drop the "he's not there yet" rendition and pick up a "NEW SONG"............ *smiles*

Nacho is not like the talents you've seen in the past. Same goes for Taiwo Awoniyi........ *so much to say but I'll park here....... For now* #smiles

............................................................................................

grin How many people do you intend to kill here with that English??
Should I call an Ambulance?...
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:27am On Oct 06, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Lol at even a certificate.
Awards don't mean everything Okocha was never awarded but that doesn't take away from his class.
they may not mean anything if you're older, but when you're a teenager, they mean a whole lot. Okocha became popular as a full adult, after coming through local football clubs. Iheanacho is an academy boy and City is his first professional club, for a club like City to buy an unproven teenager and promote him to first team, you know it's not beans. Can anyone here name another player from the 2013 U-17 WC that's achieved up to Kelechi? Where is tournament top scorer? Let's compare him to his set. Were Jordan Ibe and Dele Alli not in England's U-17 team that were absent?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:31am On Oct 06, 2015
Danycrusoe:
Sir Icons With Due Respect Sir I Think You Should Drop The "He Is Not There Yet" ArgueMent Before It Leads To Something Entirely With Other Members Of This Thread. I Get Your Point And Am Sure Everi1 Does Too But Your Repetition Of It MaKes It Sound As If TheRe Is Something Else To It, It Is Getting AnnoyIng To Most If Not Every1.
Am Sure Miss SafariGirl Is Trying As Much As Possible To Avoid An E-Fight At The Moment Cos The "Her" I Know On This Forum Would Have Done That By Now.

Hopefully, She Wont Charge Me To Court For "Libel".... na joke oo

Kudos to every1 making this thread lively For Us To Read And Follow: Thegoodjoe, Supernerd, sir Joseph, linked, AIG ETC. Thank You All
Back To The Reading Mode
azzin eh, guy, no be say anything, na just God. The bros don dey find trouble since, I no just wan start with am, I've been skipping most of his posts
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:34am On Oct 06, 2015
Icon4s:

Bros these guys are telling u Iheanacho can effortlessly break into Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham attack and u are telling them Victor Moses is better than him.
I thought u were once with them on the hyping of Iheanacho. U see how far he has been hyped? Well, the barton is in ur hand now. Good luck. wink

what everyone has been saying which u confuse as hype is Iheanacho is a special talent and has a bright future. This thread is about following the development of guys like Nacho Awoniyi Success so of course we are all happy when we hear good news. Look we don't have to disagree all the time and we don't have to agree all the time either as long as we make valid points,

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 06, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Pellegrini believed Nacho's talent that he let Dzeko go.

If Nacho had the kind of games Walcott have played so far at Arsenal, he would have done better than Walcott.

Or is it Giroud that misses sitters. Bring Giroud and Walcott to Man City and they will sit on the bench.

giroud yes, but walcott, no way
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:39am On Oct 06, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Pellegrini believed Nacho's talent that he let Dzeko go.

If Nacho had the kind of games Walcott have played so far at Arsenal, he would have done better than Walcott.

Or is it Giroud that misses sitters. Bring Giroud and Walcott to Man City and they will sit on the bench.

you dey mind am? Maybe cuz they won a lacklustre Man Utd team (without Giroud or Walcott scoring) someone now thinks Arsenal's first 11 is as good as Barca's. No be the same team wey Olympiacos break UCL record ontop their head? If they had an Iheanacho maybe the tori for different

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 8:53am On Oct 06, 2015
shizzy7:
grin How many people do you intend to kill here with that English??
Should I call an Ambulance?...
*laughs* seeing u here for d 1st time-u're welcome ma'am. Hope u stay,enjoy n contributes ur quota to this sport thread-*hands u over to d oldies(SIR. Joe, Icon, Nerd, Link, Danny, Joseph n to one n only Madam here-Miss Safari*) for ur induction...

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:07am On Oct 06, 2015
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:12am On Oct 06, 2015
safarigirl:
they may not mean anything if you're older, but when you're a teenager, they mean a whole lot. Okocha became popular as a full adult, after coming through local football clubs. Iheanacho is an academy boy and City is his first professional club, for a club like City to buy an unproven teenager and promote him to first team, you know it's not beans. Can anyone here name another player from the 2013 U-17 WC that's achieved up to Kelechi? Where is tournament top scorer? Let's compare him to his set. Were Jordan Ibe and Dele Alli not in England's U-17 team that were absent?

Well not exactly full grown adult but Okocha was 20 when he made his super eagle debut. My point is sometimes awards are wrongly awarded. Just like the last AYC Awoniyi was hands down the best player but he was overlooked. I never said Iheanacho was not a boss in his own right but at the end of the day even mad man get oga. I agree with everything you have said but we can argue till next tommorow i still won't agree that Iheanacho is better than Victor Moses as of right now. Maybe in 2 to 4 years but not now.
I don't know alot Ibe but i know Dele Ali wasn't, England didn't want him until this year.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 9:35am On Oct 06, 2015
safarigirl:
azzin eh, guy, no be say anything, na just God. The bros don dey find trouble since, I no just wan start with am, I've been skipping most of his posts
Lets All Try And Respect Icons Opinion Because He Has The Right To Express His Own Views Even If They Are Wrong, different people with different opinion and our opinions cannot be the same all the time.
We Meet Different Peeps Online With Different Characters Some Good And Some Bad While Some Are Stubborn. Which Ever Way. We All Should Try And Tolerate One Another. Well I Salute You Cause People Almost Gave You A Bad Name As A Trouble Maker On This Forum Because Of Ur Incessant Quarrels But You Have avoided that So Far kudos.

lets all enjoy the beauty of this thread and the entertainment that are bound in it
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 06, 2015
Danycrusoe:

Lets All Try And Respect Icons Opinion Because He Has The Right To Express His Own Views Even If They Are Wrong, different people with different opinion and our opinions cannot be the same all the time.
We Meet Different Peeps Online With Different Characters Some Good And Some Bad While Some Are Stubborn. Which Ever Way. We All Should Try And Tolerate One Another. Well I Salute You Cause People Almost Gave You A Bad Name As A Trouble Maker On This Forum Because Of Ur Incessant Quarrels But You Have avoided that So Far kudos.

lets all enjoy the beauty of this thread and the entertainment that are bound in it
I love this
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:31am On Oct 06, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Well not exactly full grown adult but Okocha was 20 when he made his super eagle debut. My point is sometimes awards are wrongly awarded. Just like the last AYC Awoniyi was hands down the best player but he was overlooked. I never said Iheanacho was not a boss in his own right but at the end of the day even mad man get oga. I agree with everything you have said but we can argue till next tommorow i still won't agree that Iheanacho is better than Victor Moses as of right now. Maybe in 2 to 4 years but not now.
I don't know alot Ibe but i know Dele Ali wasn't, England didn't want him until this year.
same thing. I didn't say Iheanacho is better than Moses now, I said Iheanacho is better than Moses was at his age i.e I'm comparing 19-year old Iheanacho to a 19-year old Moses, going by that, the likely deduction is that a 24-year old Iheanacho will do better than the currently 24-year old Moses. Ibe hasn't displayed any attributes to say he'll have a great career if he plays for England, then again England is a shiiit team anyway, playing for them would mean restricting one's career to the EPL cuz bench go sure for any English player wey comot from England to any top European team

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 10:43am On Oct 06, 2015
blueto:
I love this
Thanks. It's Been A While You Contributed Here Sir or have i missed some of your recent comments, which ever way welcome back.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:55am On Oct 06, 2015
Well said Sir. Honestly, Safarigirl is proving me right. I remember when I first met her in the u-20 thread, she was all guns-blazing **smiles**. Being painted black, called names and attacked from every side....
she was in "super-activated self-defense mode" *smiles*

I defended her and insisted she carries a lot of good in her "fingers" and mouth coz I've been observant of "certain things". Joseph1013's U-20 thread and Safarigirl's obvious Brilliance, fearlessness and excellent deductive reasoning along with TheGoodJoe's crisp and detailed analysis (then using the moniker, "thegoodjoehunt3" or so..) were the 'major' reasons I joined NL on May 23 and NL Sports on May 24. Being the only lady in a section/thread full of guys is no small thing man. Then, several guys focused on the worst of her but I focused on the best of her. I knew she had it in her to be fearless and assertive in expression "devoid of tantrums". She's really been a darling and I commend her but that does not mean she won't keep stating her opinion in her fearless "Safari style" *Big Smiles*

As for the "Expression of Opinions", you need not worry, I'm convinced that no one here will cross "the line" but hey! We'll keep making our stand known....*smiles*

As for entertainment, I'm not here to entertain. I'm here to share knowledge, learn and rub minds with some of Nigeria's brightest pundits/minds/analysts in Football as regards our future prospects as well as our present because apart from my studies, I love the beautiful game and her history plus her Inspirational moments (same goes for basketball).
*smiles*

I'm also here to SPEAK THE TRUTH! And Truth is not always bitter as some people think......... Sometimes Truth is sweet....... *smiles*

Danycrusoe:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by shizzy7(f): 11:23am On Oct 06, 2015
AIG07:

*laughs* seeing u here for d 1st time-u're welcome ma'am. Hope u stay,enjoy n contributes ur quota to this sport thread-*hands u over to d oldies(SIR. Joe, Icon, Nerd, Link, Danny, Joseph n to one n only Madam here-Miss Safari*) for ur induction...
Thanks, you have a caucus here but I don't know much about sports. Something just caught my attention......
Lol,that one and only madam is your boss,,she will take you all to the cleaners when arguing....

So what am I supposed to bring a dinosaurs' head, Lion's heart or a whale's teeth for the induction?? I more than capable..
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:35am On Oct 06, 2015
So it was "that word" that brought u here huh?

Actually you don't need all that..... When I was inducted couple of months back, they accepted me with open arms..... It's such a loving family I tell you *smiles*

Pls, don't mind Sir AIG07 classifying me as "an oldie"...... Technically, I'm not. I joined NL this year on May 23. And I met them all here. So everyone else here is an "elder", while I'm still a 32-cell morula (I'm not even up to a year yet on NL) *smiles*

**But I got a voice though** #winks

So I'm saying my own welcome to you........ *have a seat...... Feel free to visit anytime* Meanwhille, I better make way for the house's elders to conduct what Sir AIG07 (he's one of them actually) talked about. *Smiles*

shizzy7:
Thanks, you have a caucus here but I don't know much about sports. Something just caught my attention......
Lol,that one and only madam is your boss,,she will take you all to the cleaners when arguing....

So what am I supposed to bring a dinosaurs' head, Lion's heart or a whale's teeth for the induction?? I more than capable..

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:43am On Oct 06, 2015
safarigirl:
same thing. I didn't say Iheanacho is better than Moses now, I said Iheanacho is better than Moses was at his age i.e I'm comparing 19-year old Iheanacho to a 19-year old Moses, going by that, the likely deduction is that a 24-year old Iheanacho will do better than the currently 24-year old Moses. Ibe hasn't displayed any attributes to say he'll have a great career if he plays for England, then again England is a shiiit team anyway, playing for them would mean restricting one's career to the EPL cuz bench go sure for any English player wey comot from England to any top European team

See that's my point Victor Moses was probably the best English player at that age bracket in terms of progression they almost mirror each other u could also add Aniechebe who was playing for Everton at age 16 but for some reason they flopped. Ibe to me isn't better than Yahaya any day of the week and yes you are so right English players can only play in England because there are rules that will force them on the pitch.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 06, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Well said Sir. Honestly, Safarigirl is proving me right. I remember when I first met her in the u-20 thread, she was all guns-blazing **smiles**. Being painted black, called names and attacked from every side....

I defended her and insisted she carries a lot of good in her "fingers" and mouth coz I've been observant of "certain things". Joseph1013's U-20 thread and Safarigirl's obvious Brilliance, fearlessness and excellent deductive reasoning along with TheGoodJoe's crisp and detailed analysis (then using the moniker, "thegoodjoehunt3" or so..) were the 'major' reasons I joined NL on May 23 and NL Sports on May 24. Being the only lady in a section/thread full of guys is no small thing man. Then, several guys focused on the worst of her but I focused on the best of her. I knew she had it in her to be fearless and assertive in expression "devoid of taltrums". She's really been a darling and I commend her but that does not mean she won't keep stating her opinion in her fearless "Safari style" *Big Smiles*

As for the "Expression of Opinions", you need not worry, I'm convinced that no one here will cross "the line" but hey! We'll keep making our stand known....*smiles*

As for entertainment, I'm not here to entertain. I'm here to share knowledge, learn and rub minds with some of Nigeria's brightest pundits/minds/analysts in Football as regards our future prospects as well as our present because apart from my studies, I love the beautiful game and her history plus her Inspirational moments (same goes for basketball).
*smiles*

I'm also here to SPEAK THE TRUTH! And Truth is not always bitter as some people think......... Sometimes Truth is sweet....... *smiles*

I will appreciate if you learn to be succinct in your dictional elocutionary dispensation.

You don't have to be garrulous in depicting your perceptions regarding a prevailling premise. Save us some time reading and contemplating on your articles.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:53am On Oct 06, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha............ Sir Blueto!!!!!! You no go kill me o!

I wonder who's engaging in the art of "SESQUIPEDALIANISM" now........................

Hahahahahhahahahhahaha............ *winks*

blueto:
I will appreciate if you learn to be succinct in your dictional elocutionary dispensation.

You don't have to be garrulous in depicting your perceptions regarding a prevailling premise. Save us some time reading and contemplating on your articles.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 06, 2015
Danycrusoe:

Thanks. It's Been A While You Contributed Here Sir or have i missed some of your recent comments, which ever way welcome back.
Pardon me Sir.

I am now preoccupied with acedemic works.
but I contributed recently, on previous pages.

Thanks for the reception
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 11:58am On Oct 06, 2015
TheSuperNerD, I Must Say That Almost Every1 Has Gained One Thing Or The Other From This Thread. As a budding sports journalist/presenter this thread and many others in the sports section as exposed me to so many things, thanks to the members who are versed in sports n football knowledge nd generously share it.
Back Then She (safari) Was Almost Every Guys' Enemy bt Thank God She Is Every Guys E-FrienD

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha............ Sir Blueto!!!!!! You no go kill me o!

I wonder who's engaging in the art of "SESQUIPEDALIANISM" now........................

Hahahahahhahahahhahaha............ *winks*

*flees from thread*
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.........
*oh my goodness Sir, did I say something wrong?*

You gotta be kidding me right? Hahahahahahahahaha.......

blueto:
*flees from thread*
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2015
Sir blueto, *tears forming* pls come back, ok..... I'm sorry.... I promise I'll never be "sesquipedalianic" again..... #CrossMyHeart *smiles*

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 12:07pm On Oct 06, 2015
Guys Please Take It Easy With The GrammerS oo u no go kill pesin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 12:21pm On Oct 06, 2015
blueto:

u again!!!-I THINK the house should nominate u to PMB as a sport minister-probably ur grammer 'll bring sanity to our FOOTBALL N other sports administration in this nation of ours!

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 12:35pm On Oct 06, 2015
shizzy7:

well, Sir. Nerd has don d needful.
It seems u know Miss Safari somewhere outside here(this thread)-that's lovely. But we here have learn't to condone each other despite our differences-which has always been bringing people like me back here. I call t E-HOME. Once again welcome
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2015
SIASIA GETS LIVERPOOL LOANEE
AWONIYI FOR RIO QUALIFIERS

Taiwo Awoniyi to join Nigeria for
Rio qualifiers in Senegal
by Staff Reporter
Tuesday Oct 06, 2015. 12:01

Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia
has disclosed he has an agreement
that Taiwo Awoniyi will be released
by German Bundesliga 2 side FSV
Frankfurt for next month’s Africa
U23 Nations Cup in Senegal, which
will serve as qualifiers for the 2016
Rio Olympics.

“We got an agreement from the club
before the player signed that he will
be released for the competition in
Senegal. So we expect them to keep
to this commitment,” Siasia said.
Awoniyi, who missed the recent All
Africa Games in Congo Brazzaville so
as to finalise his move to Europe, is
on loan to Germany from EPL side
Liverpool.

The 18-year-old striker has been an
unused substitute in Frankfurt’s last
two league games.
The coach admitted it will be difficult
to get a full array of overseas pros
for the tournament, but would be
satisfied with a handful of them to
strengthen his team.
“We hope we could get three, four of
them to add value to the team, but
there will be no automatic shirt for
them. They will have to come and
prove they can improve what we are
doing,” Siasia maintained.
For the Rio Olympics qualifiers in
Senegal, Nigeria are drawn in a
tough first round group that has
Egypt, Mali and Algeria with the top
two teams progressing to the
knockout stage of the tournament.

Source: africanfootball.com//news/574081/Siasia-gets-Liverpool-loanee-Awoniyi-for-Rio-qualifiers

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by shizzy7(f): 1:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
AIG07:

well, Sir. Nerd has don d needful.
It seems u know Miss Safari somewhere outside here(this thread)-that's lovely. But we here have learn't to condone each other despite our differences-which has always been bringing people like me back here. I call t E-HOME. Once again welcome
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

See that's my point Victor Moses was probably the best English player at that age bracket in terms of progression they almost mirror each other u could also add Aniechebe who was playing for Everton at age 16 but for some reason they flopped. Ibe to me isn't better than Yahaya any day of the week and yes you are so right English players can only play in England because there are rules that will force them on the pitch.
the best in England is average at best anywhere else. I thought we've already established that
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2015
Miss Shizzy Just Like TheSuperNerd And AIG Av done You Are Welcome To The Family
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

what everyone has been saying which u confuse as hype is Iheanacho is a special talent and has a bright future. This thread is about following the development of guys like Nacho Awoniyi Success so of course we are all happy when we hear good news. Look we don't have to disagree all the time and we don't have to agree all the time either as long as we make valid points,

My brother its as if u dnt really understand our arguments here.We all agree including my humble self that Iheanacho is a Talented player and has a bright prospect. However, where we have nt agreed are:

1. That phrase "he is not there yet". They believe Iheanacho even at his current game level is among d best in the EPL. I am saying he is nt there yet meaning he is not among d best yet. They can even throw stones at me if possible at the mwntion of that phrase" nt there yet". Were u nt the one in an argument abt Iheanacho vs Victor Moses? I mean on what grounds can u compare Iheanacho that has nt played up to 30mins of EPL witg Victor Moses. They even say Iheanacho can effortlessly walk into d starting 11 of Arsenal, Spurs or Liverpool.Some1 even said Iheanacho is better than Giroud and Walcott. I dnt know what u will call that but I call it "Hype"!

2. I chose to b a bit conservative on my expectations. Remember I say he is a bright "prospect". It is nt 100% certain that he will become another Ronaldo or Messi cos a good number if footballers both in Nigeria and d world started like this and dey ended up average or below average.Some even say Iheanacho is d best player dat has ever played d U17 & for that he will authomatically b d greatest of his generation.My take is let us see him enjoy more playing time we will better b able to place him in a class. And some say he is already in a class of his own he should nt b classed with other EPL players bc he will DEFINITELY be better than them.

My brother I am a Nigerian like every one of us here. We all want d best for our national teams and dat starts with producing world class players. In my heart I believe Iheanacho is on his way to stardom bt henn several factors can make a once promising talent fail to live up to expectation.

I dnt care if I am d only one here on this side of d argument bt I know what I am talking abt.

Jst a little more of my CV: I have been involved in football development (youth level). I have understudied d root courses of failures of young talents to mature into d super stars that were expected of them. I have organised seminars on topics affecting youth developments at Diff academies. Iheanacho and a few others have attended my class.

Trust me I am a lot into youth development, even though it is nt my full time Job.Enjoy visiting dis thread cos I like interacting with youths. I learn alot from them as I have learnt alot from this thread.
Let us leave it there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.