Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (696182 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
joseph1013:

I dont know this one and his account is at variance with what others who have always supplied us with inside info about team selections and camp happenings have narrated.

The dude is not even a sports journalist. How did he then know what REALLY happened?
are your sports journalists not biased? Is it guysly2much that is the sports journalist? Ex-players like Christian Chukwu and Garba Lawal already said Oliseh is at fault. Anyhow the story is, Oliseh phucked up

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
terzurum5:

Am very sorry I had derailed the thread with Super Eagles news, so was just trying to see how I can modify most of the posts and then post relevant posts on Olympic Eagles, in the process got banned again. I had replied to TheSuperNerd's comment without doing the necessary settings. So when I came back I did not notice I was on another thread and still continued with those settings.
Ok Its AlRight Sir

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
terzurum5:

I have always know Sunday Oliseh to be a proud person right from his playing days. Its high time someone calls him to order to speak some sense into his head. He needs to realize that football analysis in studios is different from the assignment given to him. Hei its time for serious business Coach. If you want to do better than Stephen Keshi then, you must learn from his mistakes and successes.
cc:Icon4s

It is such a shame that issues like these will b coming up when we are trying to rebuild.Both parties are wrong in this matter. Oliseh jst didn't manage it well.

I knew a day like this would come bt i never expected it to come this way . Enyeama has chosen to retire from national action bt we have to move on. This is a time to start grooming d younger goalies.

Oliseh definitely needs some Player management lessons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 5:46pm On Oct 08, 2015
terzurum5:

I have always know Sunday Oliseh to be a proud person right from his playing days. Its high time someone calls him to order to speak some sense into his head. He needs to realize that football analysis in studios is different from the assignment given to him. Hei its time for serious business Coach. If you want to do better than Stephen Keshi then, you must learn from his mistakes and successes.
cc:Icon4s
While I Was Reading Through What SaFari Posted, All I Realized Was Pride! Pride!! Pride!!! On The Part Of Mr Sunday, However He Is The Coach Of The Team But Atleast He Should Respect His Players Too.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2015
Danycrusoe:

Ok Its AlRight Sir
Thanks
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2015
Icon4s:

It is such a shame that issues like these will b coming up when we are trying to rebuild.Both parties are wrong in this matter. Oliseh jst didn't manage it well.

I knew a day like this would come bt i never expected it to come this way . Enyeama has chosen to retire from national action bt we have to move on. This is a time to start grooming d younger goalies.

Oliseh definitely needs some Player management lessons.
And some hot blows too for disgracing the nation. Seriously with this kind of attitude, how will most of these foreign born players respect Oliseh? How will other Countries hire him when he is done with Nigeria. This guys anger and player management is worse than Stephen Keshi sha mimi yo
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
Danycrusoe:

While I Was Reading Through What SaFari Posted, All I Realized Was Pride! Pride!! Pride!!! On The Part Of Mr Sunday, However He Is The Coach Of The Team But Atleast He Should Respect His Players Too.
I think inexperience may be responsible. You know when they first engaged him. He must have been banking on his sound analytical knowledge of the game, not knowing that there is more to coaching than sitting in one studio before so many TV screens to make analysis.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
safarigirl:
are your sports journalists not biased? Is it guysly2much that is the sports journalist? Ex-players like Christian Chukwu and Garba Lawal already said Oliseh is at fault. Anyhow the story is, Oliseh phucked up
Yes, he is not just a sports journalist, he is a football journalist who has ears on ground in the U17, U20, U23 and Super Eagles Camp. He's won multiple sports journalism awards too. So again, he is a Sports journalist. Together with @muyiwalawal and @colinudoh, you will not find a better uptodate media person as it pertains to our national teams. So evidently, they are in a better position to confirm what happened in camp. If we take their stories on other issues at facevalue, why should this particular episode be different?

If it's by the people who support them, then Onigbinde also backed Oliseh.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
terzurum5:

I think inexperience may be responsible. You know when they first engaged him. He must have been banking on his sound analytical knowledge of the game, not knowing that there is more to coaching than sitting in one studio before so many TV screens to make analysis.
Of Course Its Just Like A Student Who Is Brilliant Theoretically But Has Never Done A Practical. Making Analysis Is Way Much Easier Than Coaching, What He Was Being Paid To Do Is What We Are Doing Here Also.. But Coaching Is Something Else Entirely, You Manage Tactics, Players And Finances In Some Cases (Club Football).
His InExperience May Be His DownFall And It May Cost The Team A Lot Of Things

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2015
joseph1013:

Yes, he is not just a sports journalist, he is a football journalist who has ears on ground in the U17, U20, U23 and Super Eagles Camp. Together with @muyiwalawal and @colinudoh, you will not find a better uptodate media person as it pertains to our national teams. So evidently, they are in a better position to confirm what happened in camp. If we take their stories on other issues at facevalue, why should this particular episode be different?

If it's by the people who support them, then Onigbinde also backed Oliseh.
meanwhile Captain Musa is being reliably shitty. Na so we wan play Egypt abi? This will be a joy to watch. Oliseh was right indeed

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
safarigirl:
meanwhile Captain Musa is being reliably shitty. Na so we wan play Egypt abi? This will be a joy to watch. Oliseh was right indeed
That doesn't even come into the picture. Oliseh already gave the reasons why he gave the captaincy band to Musa. It makes sense. No one knows shitty. Everyone is a potential leader. No need to look down on him.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
Now that we've lost, I know Oliseh is in trouble. Truth is, hindsight is 20/20. LOL
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:19pm On Oct 08, 2015
The real story is Victor Moses let us down. He had no reason not to show. Bolasie has been struggling with injuries also but he showed for his country. Would DRC have won without Bolasie? I think not because his mere presence causes distractions for any defense and that goes the same for Moses. I am disappointed in the week. Nigeria is a comedy internationally, just look we went to Belgium with more than 100 years of football work place experience a coach who had studied for numerous years abroad and we still some how made our self the laughing stocks of the world. Can't say that I'm surprised. I know Cameroon can't wait to play us. Shoot if i were Niger or Tanzania i want to play Nigeria today
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adegwurulez(m): 10:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
The real story is Victor Moses let us down. He had no reason not to show. Bolasie has been struggling with injuries also but he showed for his country. Would DRC have won without Bolasie? I think not because his mere presence causes distractions for any defense and that goes the same for Moses. I am disappointed in the week. Nigeria is a comedy internationally, just look we went to Belgium with more than 100 years of football work place experience a coach who had studied for numerous years abroad and we still some how made our self the laughing stocks of the world. Can't say that I'm surprised. I know Cameroon can't wait to play us. Shoot if i were Niger or Tanzania i want to play Nigeria today
Is this how bad it has gotten for nigerian Football? seriously looking for who to blame... Enyeama, Oliseh, NFF, Moses.
What about the fans? Y'all wanted keshi out so here you have it, 'The coach with a UEFA license'.

That's why i wouldn't even advocate promoting some of our yound lads into the super eagles. Fans are always quick to share blames, and God help this young boys, their fragile necks might just get more than they can carry.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
joseph1013:
That doesn't even come into the picture. Oliseh already gave the reasons why he gave the captaincy band to Musa. It makes sense. No one knows shitty. Everyone is a potential leader. No need to look down on him.
did anybody notice what happened when Musa was brought out-no one wanted to put on d band-abegi did oliseh forget to select d Ass. Captain?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:59pm On Oct 08, 2015
adegwurulez:

Is this how bad it has gotten for nigerian Football? seriously looking for who to blame... Enyeama, Oliseh, NFF, Moses.
What about the fans? Y'all wanted keshi out so here you have it, 'The coach with a UEFA license'.

That's why i wouldn't even advocate promoting some of our yound lads into the super eagles. Fans are always quick to share blames, and God help this young boys, their fragile necks might just get more than they can carry.

This type of attitude is why we are still in the stone age. Why can't a fan complain? You mean u can complain about my prior post but i don't have that same free will to voice my opinion?
Of course u blame a player that didn't even show up for no reason if he misses West Ham's next game then we can talk. Without fans there is no football. If a player can't handle being criticised then the player is in the wrong occupation. There was no wrong or malice in my comment. Have you ever heard of Messi or Ronaldo rejecting a call up? Never and they are always dealing with one complaint or the other but still they show. Who told u I wanted Keshi out? I want us to win simple and plain for all i care Ibu and O Bakasi could be leading us as long as they get results.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adegwurulez(m): 11:19pm On Oct 08, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

This type of attitude is why we are still in the stone age. Why can't a fan complain? You mean u can complain about my prior post but i don't have that same free will to voice my opinion?
Of course u blame a player that didn't even show up for no reason if he misses West Ham's next game then we can talk. Without fans there is no football. If a player can't handle being criticised then the player is in the wrong occupation. There was no wrong or malice in my comment. Have you ever heard of Messi or Ronaldo rejecting a call up? Never and they are always dealing with one complaint or the other but still they show. Who told u I wanted Keshi out? I want us to win simple and plain for all i care Ibu and O Bakasi could be leading us as long as they get results.
Well, maybe you're still in stone age, but it's not nice to generalize.
Victor Moses gave one reason for him missing the match and if it wasn't good enough for you then i don't know what else you want. Today's loss had nothing to do with his absence, the team i watched today would have lost that match with or without moses.
You can blame moses for faking injury or whatever you might think he did but if you want to blame someone for today's loss, limit your search to the already established trio - Oliseh, enyeama(?) and NFF.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:48pm On Oct 08, 2015
adegwurulez:

Well, maybe you're still in stone age, but it's not nice to generalize.
Victor Moses gave one reason for him missing the match and if it wasn't good enough for you then i don't know what else you want. Today's loss had nothing to do with his absence, the team i watched today would have lost that match with or without moses.
You can blame moses for faking injury or whatever you might think he did but if you want to blame someone for today's loss, limit your search to the already established trio - Oliseh, enyeama(?) and NFF.
I mean this not in a personal or disrespectful way but now u sound like u don't know football. To say Victor Moses playing would mean no difference just sounds naive. Just his mere presence would have carved holes in Congo's defense. Victor Moses is our best offensive weapon, Oliseh physically paid him a visit in London that is how important he felt the man was and lets get this correct the problem I have with Oliseh is him not cutting a grieving guy some slack. His man management skills have been called to question. That still doesn't excuse Moses because if Oliseh fails we all fail. This isn't some meaningless club team this is our country. If u are willing accept lackluster good for u i for one won't be happy to see Oliseh fail especially with so much at stake AFCON and World Cup.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:34am On Oct 09, 2015
Do not say you all because I stuck by Coach Keshi throughout the whole fiasco.I received abuses on numerous occassions.

I do not blame the fans but the media who lack in depth knowledge of football. The media ends up confusing the public with wrong facts.

adegwurulez:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:16am On Oct 09, 2015
Sergio Aguero is injured and possibly out for a while. This might just be Iheanacho's time to shine or at least get more game time.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adegwurulez(m): 9:31am On Oct 09, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

I mean this not in a personal or disrespectful way but now u sound like u don't know football. To say Victor Moses playing would mean no difference just sounds naive. Just his mere presence would have carved holes in Congo's defense. Victor Moses is our best offensive weapon, Oliseh physically paid him a visit in London that is how important he felt the man was and lets get this correct the problem I have with Oliseh is him not cutting a grieving guy some slack. His man management skills have been called to question. That still doesn't excuse Moses because if Oliseh fails we all fail. This isn't some meaningless club team this is our country. If u are willing accept lackluster good for u i for one won't be happy to see Oliseh fail especially with so much at stake AFCON and World Cup.
Okay, have a nice day.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:38am On Oct 09, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
Sergio Aguero is injured and possibly out for a while. This might just be Iheanacho's time to shine or at least get more game time.

Yeah, just saw the highlight of the game against Ecuador now. That's crushing for City. Hopefully, Kelechi will step up, but I'm sure Bony will still get the nod ahead of him.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:42am On Oct 09, 2015
Well, I'm really sad for Aguero coz Argentina went on to lose that game.

And reports say it's a "serious" hamstring injury. Well, get well soon, Kun Aguero.

But like you said, This is NACHO'S CHANCE to keep the ball rolling even faster than before. Can't wait for this international break to pass.....

BascoVanVeli:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:45am On Oct 09, 2015
Well, naturally, Bony should and will get the nod. But it also means "much more" game time for Nacho.

joseph1013:

Yeah, just saw the highlight of the game against Ecuador now. That's crushing for City. Hopefully, Kelechi will step up, but I'm sure Bony will still get the nod ahead of him.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 10:34am On Oct 09, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Well, I'm really sad for Aguero coz Argentina went on to lose that game.

And reports say it's a "serious" hamstring injury. Well, get well soon, Kun Aguero.

But like you said, This is NACHO'S CHANCE to keep the ball rolling even faster than before. Can't wait for this international break to pass.....

i know how u feel sir(feels thesame). *Winks* nigeria has been a disappointment so far n d break is even getting boring as d mighty are fallen.
Feels for d citizens-wish kun a quick recovery. Iheanacho it's time to shine-so grab t.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:52am On Oct 09, 2015
joseph1013:
he gave him cuz he's 'consistent'....in missing goals. Mikel was easily our best player yesterday, even when Musa was on the pitch, Mikel was the obvious REAL leader. So, this potential you speak of? Certainly not in Musa. This is different from the Neymar-Thiago ish. Brazil fell once Neymar was injured at the WC, he was the obvious REAL leader over Thiago. The sooner Oliseh realises club football is different from national football, the better for us. Musa is not a captain and has no such potential, his absence wasn't even noticed

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 10:58am On Oct 09, 2015
safarigirl:
he gave him cuz he's 'consistent'....in missing goals. Mikel was easily our best player yesterday, even when Musa was on the pitch, Mikel was the obvious REAL leader. So, this potential you speak of? Certainly not in Musa. This is different from the Neymar-Thiago ish. Brazil fell once Neymar was injured at the WC, he was the obvious REAL leader over Thiago. The sooner Oliseh realises club football is different from national football, the better for us. Musa is not a captain and has no such potential, his absence wasn't even noticed

And nigeria will win the world cup if Mikel is made the captain? Or even win the next nations' cup? Bash Oliseh all you want, I have severally over his selections, but mocking Musa as the captain leaves a little to be desired.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:47am On Oct 09, 2015
joseph1013:

And nigeria will win the world cup if Mikel is made the captain? Or even win the next nations' cup? Bash Oliseh all you want, I have severally over his selections, but mocking Musa as the captain leaves a little to be desired.
well, you have to qualify for these things to win them, don't you? Musa is part of Oliseh's 'selections', was he not 'selected' to be Captain? Criticising Oliseh's selections mean criticising Musa as captain. Not that Mikel or any right thinking person would collect such a tainted band.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 12:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
safarigirl:
well, you have to qualify for these things to win them, don't you? Musa is part of Oliseh's 'selections', was he not 'selected' to be Captain? Criticising Oliseh's selections mean criticising Musa as captain. Not that Mikel or any right thinking person would collect such a tainted band.

Criticising Oliseh's decisions should not include casting aspersions on Musa's person. If maligning him tickles your fancy, nothing I can do. I'm done flogging this issue.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
Abeg forgive me while a rant. People like me should get off our high horse. This is the same thing that goes on everyday in this country. We fight each other to prove ourselves as bigger and better men and at the end of the day Nigeria surfers.
I start with this, every player deserves to have a voice because in being picked we are saying they are the best Nigerians on the planet. Every time Ighalo speaks he says the right thing even when he wasn't picked he showed class in the way he handled it, how can u justify keeping a man like that silent in the interest of so called team unity. What Oliseh and or the NFF need to do is explain to the players their responsibility in dealing with the media. An example is Ahmed Musa every time CSKA have a big match he promises a win and goals. If i were his coach i would let him know that some coaches could use his words as bulletin material to incite their players into doing better. My point is when Enyeama said he was afraid to play in Kaduna that was his personal belief of fear. If the NFF did their jobs and briefed the team on the situation and the fact that extra measures had been taken to keep them secure I am sure Enyeama doesn't make that comment but instead the players were treated like children on a fieldtrip not knowing nothing about nothing just expected to go and play.
Then came this new wahala which in my opinion started long before.
People say Enyeama wouldn't do this in Europe. I ask why? Because he fears and respects his white coaches more? I think not. The truth is older Nigerians expect too much from our youth. A guy doesn't have to worship you just to show he respects you and he doesn't have to always agree with u. Some times old people CAN be wrong. It is not untill u can't work a program on ur computer that u need help from a younger person. To me all a Nigerian coach is good for is coaching children. Put Keshi, Manu and Oliseh as our U-17 coach and we'd never lose lmao. Really though a guy like Moses Simon might be 19 but he is a man he probably own's a house were he pays his own bills so how can one justify treating like a boy.

The truth is Sunday Oliseh was scared and became defensive. These 2 matches were supposed to be his litmus test and he succumbed to the pressure. What we need is a plan of action to score goals, this distraction was self inflicted to divert us from the fact that we are not a good team. Against DRC Onazi and Mikel were our best players, players who just came Leon Balogun was our best defender so i ask what has Sunday Oliseh been doing all this while? All we do is pass side to side.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
[b]Brilliant piece by Goke7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-WXBNwwsjc&feature=youtu.be

Goke7:
I have watched and listened to the video, where Olishe said he had a meeting with the players and spoke to them before Vincent said he wanted to bare his mind, thank God oliseh did not say he was interrupted as some stupid fellows have been saying, Oliseh should have stated what he said to the players in this interview, I have an insider information that Oliseh blasted the foreign based players told them if its because of their money, they should keep it at home and that even the home based players were better than them if not for their visas issues. It was at this rage by Oliseh that Enyeama asked for an audience and Oliseh has told us in this interview that he did not allow Enyeama to speak.

The question is was it wrong for Enyeama as the captain to ask audience from his coach to speak?

Why did Oliseh in this video did not tell us what he said to the players?

Oliseh by going memory lane to state the past sins of Enyeama which he said he heard cos he said he never knew Enyeama at all in his life has only proved and conform that he has been used by the nff to disgraced Enyeama out of the national team.

Oliseh has also lied in this video by saying that Enyeama said he insulted the memory of his mother, Enyeama only said he won't allow anyone insult the memory of his mother.

Oliseh only overacted to a matter that so simple to resolve.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
The fact is that Oliseh is an NFF puppet. That is why he received three months advance to do things like this.

What is wrong in Enyeama talking. Oliseh madea big deal out of nothing.

We all know Goal Keepers have long careers. Look at Buffon. Oliseh's reason for stripping Enyeama of his captain band is flimsy. Especially when he is grieving. It shows how insensitive Oliseh is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.