Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,787 members, 7,806,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (695774 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by icon4ss: 7:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
lexyman:

Bro , I don't think so ....Moses had a minor knock and he did informed the coach officially about it ....let's just accept him. With his present form and skills Oliseh will be left wit so many options in the wing and I wish to see the 3 wingers on the pitch , either simon or victor Moses playing the free role , let enjoy fast counter attack for the first time in d super eagles .

Oliseh has come out quickly as usual to threaten nt to invite Victor Moses again as long as he remains coach. We cannot b losing our key players due to hasty decisions of Oliseh. I know d NFF will come into this one again. Oliseh must invite Victor Moses for our next month's WC qualifiers. I will also like to see Sone Aluko and Michael Babatunde back in dat midfield as Rabiu and Obiorah are nt measuring up.And I think its high time d coach lets go of Emenike. We have waited enough for him to regain form. Oliseh should give dat spot to any of Aaron Samuel, Isaac Success or Imoh Ezekiel.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 7:59pm On Oct 12, 2015
icon4ss:

Oliseh has come out quickly as usual to threaten nt to invite Victor Moses again as long as he remains coach. We cannot b losing our key players due to hasty decisions of Oliseh. I know d NFF will come into this one again. Oliseh must invite Victor Moses for our next month's WC qualifiers. I will also like to see Sone Aluko and Michael Babatunde back in dat midfield as Rabiu and Obiorah are nt measuring up.And I think its high time d coach lets go of Emenike. We have waited enough for him to regain form. Oliseh should give dat spot to any of Aaron Samuel, Isaac Success or Imoh Ezekiel.

Do u have any link for the threat? I think Oliseh should invite Sone Aluko and Babatunde Michael , Michael is fast and can do a lot of damage with his skills , we need Isaac Success to replace Emenike . And we need a very good keeper to stand in that position to compete with Carl IKeme , d defense line need little adjustment , but when all of them are fully fit we can have solid rock in the back line

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
lexyman:

Good one bro , Simon has so much to offer .... And he's still very young ,funny enough , there is Oghnekaro Etebor in that wing too , and 2 others , all of them can play from the left wing . I foresee the under 23 team becoming the indomitable team soon .

I am totally with you on that our U-23 team is stacked with talent. I just hope Siasia decides who his main players are early so they can gel quicker.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2015
lexyman:

Bro , I don't think so ....Moses had a minor knock and he did informed the coach officially about it ....let's just accept him. With his present form and skills Oliseh will be left wit so many options in the wing and I wish to see the 3 wingers on the pitch , either simon or victor Moses playing the free role , let enjoy fast counter attack for the first time in d super eagles .
how many times will he be vulnerable to 'minor knocks' ??

Just watch as he may feature in the next west ham game!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by icon4ss: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2015
lexyman:

Do u have any link for the threat? I think Oliseh should invite Sone Aluko and Babatunde Michael , Michael is fast and can do a lot of damage with his skills , we need Isaac Success to replace Emenike . And we need a very good keeper to stand in that position to compete with Carl IKeme , d defense line need little adjustment , but when all of them are fully fit we can have solid rock in the back line

I dnt think i can lay my hands on any link bt that was in d news early last week when Victor Moses asked to b excused for fear of injuries.

On d backline I have always been of d opinion dat since we have Leon Balogun now Ambrose should go back to his central defencive position. Ambrose should b made to pair up with Omeruo at Centre back while Obaobona and Troost-Ekong deputise for d duo. Leon Balogun can play his natural right back. Hey! bt I thought Shehu Abdulahi used to play in d midfield (2013 FIFA U20 & 2014 CHAN). Oliseh has converted him to a right back which he did excellently well. For our left back, I think Echiejile's game has moved some steps backwards and so I would like to see more of Kingsley Madu in dat position. 4 or 5 members of dat defence are U23: Kingsley Madu, William Troost-Ekong, Kenneth Omeruo, Abdulahi Shehu and Wilfred Ndidi.
Consider these 5 Centre Forwards: Imoh Ezekiel, Aaron Samuel, Isaac Success, Taiwo Awoniyi, Junior Ajayi. All are U23.
Dnt even let me mention d wingers, attacking and central midfielders.

A very strong U23 team loading.....
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:21pm On Oct 12, 2015
terzurum5:

It was when I was about to do that, that Moses Simon gave some strong and convincing reasons to revisit his player selection, during the just concluded FIFA U20 WORLD CUP.
gringrin

Wow I also questioned that decision because the boy is a player and doesn't mind playing any position but Savior Godwin is also a quality prospect.
I don't mind people questioning Manu. I only say they should stick to the issue and not throw dirt on the man like he is an armed robber or something. The situation is simple Manu chose a Philosophy that didn't work, we can say his philosophy was trash but what we can't and should not do is try to erase the man from our history. The thing is this, I have no gun so it is not by force for anyone to agree with me but I won't shut up because people are still sad over a tournament that the players themselves have gotten over.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2015
icon4ss:

I dnt think i can lay my hands on any link bt that was in d news early last week when Victor Moses asked to b excused for fear of injuries.

On d backline I have always been of d opinion dat since we have Leon Balogun now Ambrose should go back to his central defencive position. Ambrose should b made to pair up with Omeruo at Centre back while Obaobona and Troost-Ekong deputise for d duo. Leon Balogun can play his natural right back. Hey! bt I thought Shehu Abdulahi used to play in d midfield (2013 FIFA U20 & 2014 CHAN). Oliseh has converted him to a right back which he did excellently well. For our left back, I think Echiejile's game has moved some steps backwards and so I would like to see more of Kingsley Madu in dat position. 4 or 5 members of dat defence are U23: Kingsley Madu, William Troost-Ekong, Kenneth Omeruo, Abdulahi Shehu and Wilfred Ndidi.
Consider these 5 Centre Forwards: Imoh Ezekiel, Aaron Samuel, Isaac Success, Taiwo Awoniyi, Junior Ajayi. All are U23.
Dnt even let me mention d wingers, attacking and central midfielders.

A very strong U23 team loading.....

Let's wait and see how d event unfold .
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
icon4ss:

I notice that you never mention Obafemi Martins. Is that intentional? Is there something the guy has done wrong? You want Imoh Ezekiel more than Martins? Why?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by icon4ss: 8:39pm On Oct 12, 2015
joseph1013:

I notice that you never mention Obafemi Martins. Is that intentional? Is there something the guy has done wrong? You want Imoh Ezekiel more than Martins? Why?

Obafemi Who? Then we can as well invite Yakubu Ayegbeni, John Utaka, Obinna Nsofor, Shola Ameobi, Osaze Odemwingie, Taye Taiwo, Chidi Odiah, Yusuf Ayila and the likes cos dat is d generation he belongs to and nt this generation. We are building for d future bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
About our defence i noticed Ambrose could actually be a top CB if he chills on the mental error. Ok i can't help myself Leon Balogun can end up being our Gerard Pique, too much hype? And why do our full backs drop back so far? I know it is for a tactical purpose but i feel our full backs can do more going forward.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
icon4ss:

Obafemi Who? Then we can as well invite Yakubu Ayegbeni, John Utaka, Obinna Nsofor, Shola Ameobi, Osaze Odemwingie, Taye Taiwo, Chidi Odiah, Yusuf Ayila and the likes cos dat is d generation he belongs to and nt this generation. We are building for d future bro.

REALLY You seriously compare retired and semi-retired players like Shola, Utaka, Taye, Chidi and Ayila with someone playing top flight football? You compare Osaze that has not played for months because he's been blighted with injuries with someone who scores almost in every game and whose goals get nominated for goal of the week regularly?

WOW. This is serious!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
icon4ss:

Hahaha ... But I don't know why people had refused to let go ....Martins is now a pensioner , he should enjoy his days in MLS . We don't really need him like the way people are clamoring .
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
icon4ss:

Yea but all those guys you mentioned are not doing anything. Age means nothing it is your performance that counts we should invite our best players. Really this sounds like discrimination based on his age lol. Seriously though the super eagles is not for only young players it is for the best players with a Nigerian passport, the question is can he get the job done? Simple and plain.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2015
oga Joseph pls leave martins alone we are building for d future abeg. as for d wings I would prefer captain musa and simon moses starting d match den victor moses coming 4rm d bench
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
Nigeria is naturally blessed with good forwards, goalkeapers and somewhat defenders. I feel the NFF should heavily invest in developing midfielders. We need coaches that can get our boys technically up to par with their counterparts in Europe. We have a good crop of young midfielders that shouldn't be taken for granted. If we polish them they will shine and take us to the next level.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:19pm On Oct 12, 2015
joseph1013:

Where is the writeup?
co-ask @icon4ss
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:22pm On Oct 12, 2015
Both Moses' would wreck havoc on any defense together, no questions
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Jaypea98: 11:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
joseph1013:

Hello .Please is there a thread for the CHAN eagles?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:46am On Oct 13, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Wow I also questioned that decision because the boy is a player and doesn't mind playing any position but Savior Godwin is also a quality prospect.
I don't mind people questioning Manu. I only say they should stick to the issue and not throw dirt on the man like he is an armed robber or something. The situation is simple Manu chose a Philosophy that didn't work, we can say his philosophy was trash but what we can't and should not do is try to erase the man from our history. The thing is this, I have no gun so it is not by force for anyone to agree with me but I won't shut up because people are still sad over a tournament that the players themselves have gotten over.
Don't worry, I shall get over it very soon.
gringrin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by icon4ss: 5:26am On Oct 13, 2015
joseph1013:

REALLY You seriously compare retired and semi-retired players like Shola, Utaka, Taye, Chidi and Ayila with someone playing top flight football? You compare Osaze that has not played for months because he's been blighted with injuries with someone who scores almost in every game and whose goals get nominated for goal of the week regularly?

WOW. This is serious!

U call MLS competitive. U say retired and semi retired players? For ur info all d players I mentioned are still playing in Europe.The Osaze u are talking abt was even one of our best performers at d last WC jst barely over a yr ago. So if nt for injuries he still stands a better chance than Martins. Ameobi is currently in d books of Crystal Palace, John Utaka plays in French League2, Taye Taiwo plays in d Ukrainian top división, Ayila is some where in Eastern Europe I dnt know d where abt of Odiah since after he left CSKA.

The MLS is not even as competitive as d lower leagues in say France or Russia nt to talk of lower leagues in England, Spain and Germany . Martins in his current form cannot compete with young platers like: Isaac Success and Imoh Ezekiel even though they are less experienced. Where experience counts more is in goal keeping and defence.U think if Iheanacho was a defender he would b getting all d attention he is getting at ManCity? Forward positions are for fast adventurous players.

Drogber that won d MLS player of the minth, is he still featuring for d national team? When d likes of Thiery Henry, Robert Pirez & Nicholas Anielka went to d MLS they waved good bye to d national team. Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrad are currently playing in d MLS but are they still with d 3Lions?

Immediately u leave Europe and go to d MLS jst know u are now a pensioneer.

To me Emenike should even be released nt to talk of Martins.

I have always been an advocate of the clamour for fielding of our best players. But I also believe in fielding of players based on current form and nt past glory.With the likes of Mikel, Echiejile, Ambrose, V Moses, Onazi, Musa,Emenike, Omeruo and Obaobona still in dat team there is a lot of experience already. We jst need back Aluko and Babatunde in dat midfield and with d inclusion if some U20/U23 players and Ighalo that team is good to go. So forget Martins he is now a pensioneer.

cc: Bascovanveli
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by icon4ss: 6:12am On Oct 13, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
About our defence i noticed Ambrose could actually be a top CB if he chills on the mental error. Ok i can't help myself Leon Balogun can end up being our Gerard Pique, too much hype? And why do our full backs drop back so far? I know it is for a tactical purpose but i feel our full backs can do more going forward.

Efe Ambrose is a natural centre back.
In 2007 FIFA U20 WC and 2008 Olympics he played Centre back. Even during d era of Siasia as coach of d Super Eagles he was centre back. The switch to right back started under Keshi when after Chidi Odiah fell short there was no quality players in Europe to fill dat position. Remember players like Terna Suswam and Solomon Kwambe were tried in dat position bt dey could nt fit into dat big shoe. Efe Ambrose was drafted to right back even though he still plays as centre back at Celtic.

And Leon Balogun played Centre back too bc of d absence of Obaobona and Omeruo. Balogun is a right back. So on a good day our back line should look like this:

Balogun..Ambrose..Omeruo..Echiejile

subs: Madu, Ndidi, Troost-Ekong, Obaobona.

Abdulahi Shehu is a natural midfielder that was jst converted to play right back bc our defenders were short in numbers.

We need consistency in our back 4 to help solidify d defence.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:32am On Oct 13, 2015
icon4ss:

U call MLS competitive. U say retired and semi retired players? For ur info all d players I mentioned are still playing in Europe.The Osaze u are talking abt was even one of our best performers at d last WC jst barely over a yr ago. So if nt for injuries he still stands a better chance than Martins. Ameobi is currently in d books of Crystal Palace, John Utaka plays in French League2, Taye Taiwo plays in d Ukrainian top división, Ayila is some where in Eastern Europe I dnt know d where abt of Odiah since after he left CSKA.

The MLS is not even as competitive as d lower leagues in say France or Russia nt to talk of lower leagues in England, Spain and Germany . Martins in his current form cannot compete with young platers like: Isaac Success and Imoh Ezekiel even though they are less experienced. Where experience counts more is in goal keeping and defence.U think if Iheanacho was a defender he would b getting all d attention he is getting at ManCity? Forward positions are for fast adventurous players.

Drogber that won d MLS player of the minth, is he still featuring for d national team? When d likes of Thiery Henry, Robert Pirez & Nicholas Anielka went to d MLS they waved good bye to d national team. Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrad are currently playing in d MLS but are they still with d 3Lions?

I have always been an advocate of the clamour for fielding of our best players. But I also believe in fielding of players based on current form and nt past glory.With the likes of Mikel, Echiejile, Ambrose, V Moses, Onazi, Musa,Emenike, Omeruo and Obaobona still in dat team there is a lot of experience already. We jst need back Aluko and Babatunde in dat midfield and with d inclusion if some U20/U23 players and Ighalo that team is good to go. So forget Martins he is now a pensioneer.

[b]You shoot yourself in the foot. Let me list out players in MLS still playing for their national teams:

- Andrea Pirlo (Italy)
- Kaka (Brazil) He is still being called up.
- Giovani dos Santos (Mexico)
- Clint Dempsey (USA)
- Brad Evans (USA)
- Sebastian Giovinco (Italy)
- Kevin Doyle (Ireland)
- Harrison Afful (Ghana)
- Fabian Castillo (Columbia)
- Laurent Ciman (Belgium)

You see the box you put yourself into when you generalize?

I don't get where you get the theory that as soon as you start playing in the MLS, you should no longer be called up into the National team regardless of your performances. There are many players playing in Spain, England and Italy that are not called up into their National teams, should we say that's because these leagues are not competitive?

And please, where did you get your FACT that the MLS is not as competitive as the lower leagues in England? While this is not true, I will still like to see your source. MLS is not competitive yet its players beat Bayern Munich last year. Top MLS teams will compete favourably with teams like Swansea, West Brom, and Watford. Do you even watch preseason matches between teams from the two leagues?[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 8:53am On Oct 13, 2015
joseph1013:

[b]You shoot yourself in the foot. Let me list out players in MLS still playing for their national teams:

- Andrea Pirlo (Italy)
- Kaka (Brazil) He is still being called up.
- Giovani dos Santos (Mexico)
- Clint Dempsey (USA)
- Brad Evans (USA)
- Sebastian Giovinco (Italy)
- Kevin Doyle (Ireland)
- Harrison Afful (Ghana)
- Fabian Castillo (Columbia)
- Laurent Ciman (Belgium)

You see the box you put yourself into when you generalize?

I don't get where you get the theory that as soon as you start playing in the MLS, you should no longer be called up into the National team regardless of your performances. There are many players playing in Spain, England and Italy that are not called up into their National teams, should we say that's because these leagues are not competitive?

And please, where did you get your FACT that the MLS is not as competitive as the lower leagues in England? While this is not true, I will still like to see your source. MLS is not competitive yet its players beat Bayern Munich last year. Top MLS teams will compete favourably with teams like Swansea, West Brom, and Watford. Do you even watch preseason matches between teams from the two leagues?[/b]

Joseph , most of these players u mentioned are fast aging and if they refuse to leave football , football will leave them ....also u shouldn't have mentioned the 2 USA players cos they re playing in their local league . Everyone of us knows that the MLS is a place for the " about to be retired " . Let me give u one reason why players go to the MLS . Americans want their league to develop fast and gain popularity becos of the big names that is coming to d MLS so that the up coming players can garner experience from them , they re getting to that height now cos the rate of development is so high same thing with popularity , in every news now u read or hear something about them .the MLS , the Chinese league and Japanese league fall in the same category .... But the japan league Payless money to the retiree .
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 8:57am On Oct 13, 2015
lexyman:

Hahaha ... But I don't know why people had refused to let go ....Martins is now a pensioner , he should enjoy his days in MLS . We don't really need him like the way people are clamoring .
that part 'pensioner' got me laughing.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 9:12am On Oct 13, 2015
icon4ss:

it seems u have not been following d Major league soccer. D competitiveness cannot be compare with some european leagues like d scottish,eredivise, belgian league et al. T s currently at d same par with d italian league (no hyping)... A player should always make d NT base on merit n form and not age.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:15am On Oct 13, 2015
lexyman:

Joseph , most of these players u mentioned are fast aging and if they refuse to leave football , football will leave them ....also u shouldn't have mentioned the 2 USA players cos they re playing in their local league . Everyone of us knows that the MLS is a place for the " about to be retired " . Let me give u one reason why players go to the MLS . Americans want their league to develop fast and gain popularity becos of the big names that is coming to d MLS so that the up coming players can garner experience from them , they re getting to that height now cos the rate of development is so high same thing with popularity , in every news now u read or hear something about them .the MLS , the Chinese league and Japanese league fall in the same category .... But the japan league Payless money to the retiree .

You are shifting the argument. That was not the bone of contention. The bone of contention is why a player that is playing well is not invited to the national team eve when he has made himself available. He mentioned Drogba, and I mention Pirlo. It'd be cool to know that Drogba is no longer invited because he quit the Ivorian team, not because he is playing in MLS.

The point is, if a player is playing well and has something to give, invite him. What does age have to do with it? Is the Super Eagles an U23 team?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 9:55am On Oct 13, 2015
joseph1013:

You are shifting the argument. That was the bone of contention. The bone of contention is why a player that is playing well is not invited to the national team eve when he has made himself available. He mentioned Drogba, and I mention Pirlo. It'd be cool to know that Drogba is no longer invited because he quit the Ivorian team, not because he is playing in MLS.

The point is, if a player is playing well and has something to give, invite him. What does age have to do with it? Is the Super Eagles an U23 team?

But Martins has been given the opportunity during Keshi's time he failed , but let's see if Oliseh will give him same opportunity , he has not been consistent for the super eagles .
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 10:21am On Oct 13, 2015
lexyman:

But Martins has been given the opportunity during Keshi's time he failed , but let's see if Oliseh will give him same opportunity , he has not been consistent for the super eagles .

[b]I'd like to know what you mean by failure. How many times did Keshi invite him? A player invited for a game against Kenya and who played for less than an hour and was no longer called since March 2013. So what would you say about several players that were invited several times in that era that constantly did not perform? Nsofor, Gambo, Akpala, Ujah. How many games did they play? How many goals did they score as forwards?

Before you speak about consistency you need to actually check the dictionary to know what the Word means. You will then list the games he's played and the number of goals he's scored. The guy has played 37 games for Nigeria, he has 18 goals to his credit. That's not consistent enough for you? Seriously? Give me a player in the present squad that has his statistics. Nobody comes close! Dude is so prolific that he is the 4th highest goal scorer in the history of the Nigerian National team. Yes, the Super Eagles since it was formed in 1945. Only Yekini, Odegbami and Yakubu are above him. Do you have any idea how many great strikers Nigeria has produced over the years? So how is Obafemi Martins not consistent, Sir? What more can you ask for from a striker?

Gosh...what some people say in arguments sef.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 10:54am On Oct 13, 2015
@ Joseph .Are u saying martins will do the magic when he's been called upon ? the same way u guys clamor for Ike Uche , u mounted the pressure for Keshi to invite him he was invited and nothing concrete to show for it , martins is aging fast and Oliseh doesn't want to use and dump , base on his philosophy , "building a team for the future " forget it! Martins belong to d past . Don't forget Yakubu was also banging goeals for the Chinese lease consistently when he joined them . Why can't u just stick to d young blood philosophy that everybody wanted . In this aspect our voice should speak for us . We want young blood in d super eagles not the rookies .
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 11:18am On Oct 13, 2015
lexyman:
@ Joseph .Are u saying martins will do the magic when he's been called upon ? the same way u guys clamor for Ike Uche , u mounted the pressure for Keshi to invite him he was invited and nothing concrete to show for it , martins is aging fast and Oliseh doesn't want to use and dump , base on his philosophy , "building a team for the future " forget it! Martins belong to d past . Don't forget Yakubu was also banging goeals for the Chinese lease consistently when he joined them . Why can't u just stick to d young blood philosophy that everybody wanted . In this aspect our voice should speak for us . We want young blood in d super eagles not the rookies .

[b]That's not a very sound argument. You cannot be 100% sure of anybody you're inviting to the National team. Even Iheanacho that I am such a big fan of. You call a player up based on his club performances and hope he performs for his country. That's what Coaches do all over the world.

How is Martins aging fast? Are you a member of his family? Do his games you watch show that he is aging fast? Has his level dropped?

Since you are building for the future, why not just stick to U23 players? No need for Emenike or Mikel or even Carl. And stop comparing apples and oranges, Chinese and MLS are not synonymous.

Also, speak for yourself, don't say EVERYBODY wants something when you have not done the survey. There are many people clamouring for Martins to be invited. Christian Chukwu and Tunde Disu are popular coaches who have being in the news making valid arguments as to why Martins should be considered. Solace Chukwu and Jide Alaka are popular sports journalists that still think Martins' performances in the MLS justify a National call up.

Lastly, Obafemi Martins is not a rookie. Saying he is a rookie must be a big joke.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 4:46pm On Oct 13, 2015
joseph1013:

[b]That's not a very sound argument. You cannot be 100% sure of anybody you're inviting to the National team. Even Iheanacho that I am such a big fan of. You call a player up based on his club performances and hope he performs for his country. That's what Coaches do all over the world.

How is Martins aging fast? Are you a member of his family? Do his games you watch show that he is aging fast? Has his level dropped?

Since you are building for the future, why not just stick to U23 players? No need for Emenike or Mikel or even Carl. And stop comparing apples and oranges, Chinese and MLS are not synonymous.

Also, speak for yourself, don't say EVERYBODY wants something when you have not done the survey. There are many people clamouring for Martins to be invited. Christian Chukwu and Tunde Disu are popular coaches who have being in the news making valid arguments as to why Martins should be considered. Solace Chukwu and Jide Alaka are popular sports journalists that still think Martins' performances in the MLS justify a National call up.

Lastly, Obafemi Martins is not a rookie. Saying he is a rookie must be a big joke.[/b]

If Martins deserves a call up then d likes of Yakubu deserves a call up too.Simple.After all Yakubu has a better scoring record than Martins. So based on ur argument Yakubu too deserves a call up. Including Osaze.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:17pm On Oct 13, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria (U20)
Man City loanee Nwakali set to debut for Spanish club
[/size]

Nwakali (right) training with new Spanish club Girona
by Samm Audu
Nigeria U20 star Chidiebere Nwakali could make his debut on Saturday for Girona after training with the Spanish Secunda Liga side for a week.
“I could probably play my first match for Girona this weekend. I have trained with the team for a week now and the training has been going great,” Nwakali told AfricanFootball.com
“I was not really excited when I first heard I would be dropping down to the second division and not playing for Malaga, where I was last season.
“But after my short time here, I am very delighted to have joined this club. I hope I can play first-team football regularly here.”
Girona are away at Leganes on Saturday.
They are 17thon the 22-team Spanish lower league with nine points from eight matches.
Nwakali,18, is on season-long loan from EPL side Manchester City to Girona.
He has been handed jersey number 12.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/575439/Man-City-loanee-Nwakali-set-to-debut-for-Spanish-club

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.