Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (695854 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:14pm On Oct 13, 2015
Icon4s:

If Martins deserves a call up then d likes of Yakubu deserves a call up too.Simple.After all Yakubu has a better scoring record than Martins. So based on ur argument Yakubu too deserves a call up. Including Osaze.
This is about current form not how many old players still playing u can name. Gyan is still being called for Ghana and he plays in China. We need to start learning from people instead of insisting on being stuck in one way of thinking. Buffon probably has grand kids and he still plays for Juventus and Italy. Every great team needs a mixture of youth and experience.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 9:46pm On Oct 13, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

This is about current form not how many old players still playing u can name. Gyan is still being called for Ghana and he plays in China. We need to start learning from people instead of insisting on being stuck in one way of thinking. Buffon probably has grand kids and he still plays for Juventus and Italy. Every great team needs a mixture of youth and experience.

It's not about one way thinking , it's about the philosophy of the coach "building a team for the future " Martins has been scoring almost in every match in d MLS but in a weaker league compare to d standard of league in Europe .Based on d standard of the league and d age of martins was d reason for this argument . The footballing career of keeper and defenders can't be compare to that of a striker , and more so the Gyan u mentioned was not even listed among the best African players also Martins . If they re very good as u guys have been clamoring they will not be overlooked
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:10pm On Oct 13, 2015
Ok so im watching the rerun of the Cameroon match and what do i see? Eminike looks like he is back. He was our best forward player even though he didn't score so I don't see Oliseh dropping him he even gave him a hug. I also have to give props to Oliseh the team looked like a team and for once actually knew what we were doing on set pieces. Overall our ball made sense and i must say im impressed.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
Actually, Victor Moses holds the ball too longfor my liking. He also does not work with the wing backs when they overlap.

I say Simon Moses stays.

AIG07:

*laughs*... It seems those who bear Moses(musa in arabic) are natural wing wizard as in v.moses, s.moses, a. Musa. Hope oliseh 'll give v.moses another chance!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:27pm On Oct 13, 2015
I think Oliseh's man managing skills is still a low point of his coaching assests. Victor Moses is injury prone. He cannot afford to risk an injury for friendly games.

I think Oliseh should try to keep in touch with his key players by phone.

blueto:

I think victor has developed apathy for the National team by repeatedly failling to honor the recent call-ups. he is now a mudslinger to his own staunching disposition and reputation with his indifferent mindset.

I am greatful we now have other stupendous replacement for him. No one can care about his absenteeism anymore.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
They are not there yet.
tongue

icon4ss:

U forgot to mention Saviour Godwin that kept Simon Moses on d bench for much of d FIFA U20 WC. Alex Iwobi has also joined d list of wingers. And all are elligible to play for the U23.

Did anybody say we missed a big chance by Jordon Ibe chosing to play for England. Nops i dnt think so cos Simon and Saviour are better than Ibe.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:49pm On Oct 13, 2015
Why not Oshaniwa for left back. He was amazing playing that role for Keshi.

icon4ss:

I dnt think i can lay my hands on any link bt that was in d news early last week when Victor Moses asked to b excused for fear of injuries.

On d backline I have always been of d opinion dat since we have Leon Balogun now Ambrose should go back to his central defencive position. Ambrose should b made to pair up with Omeruo at Centre back while Obaobona and Troost-Ekong deputise for d duo. Leon Balogun can play his natural right back. Hey! bt I thought Shehu Abdulahi used to play in d midfield (2013 FIFA U20 & 2014 CHAN). Oliseh has converted him to a right back which he did excellently well. For our left back, I think Echiejile's game has moved some steps backwards and so I would like to see more of Kingsley Madu in dat position. 4 or 5 members of dat defence are U23: Kingsley Madu, William Troost-Ekong, Kenneth Omeruo, Abdulahi Shehu and Wilfred Ndidi.
Consider these 5 Centre Forwards: Imoh Ezekiel, Aaron Samuel, Isaac Success, Taiwo Awoniyi, Junior Ajayi. All are U23.
Dnt even let me mention d wingers, attacking and central midfielders.

A very strong U23 team loading.....
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 11:51pm On Oct 13, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
They are not there yet.
tongue

grin grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:03am On Oct 14, 2015
I still do not know why Obafemi is not liked. Despite the mind blowing stat you dropped. Obafemi never got a fair chance in the National team because Yakubu was always first pick.

joseph1013:

[b]I'd like to know what you mean by failure. How many times did Keshi invite him? A player invited for a game against Kenya and who played for less than an hour and was no longer called since March 2013. So what would you say about several players that were invited several times in that era that constantly did not perform? Nsofor, Gambo, Akpala, Ujah. How many games did they play? How many goals did they score as forwards?

Before you speak about consistency you need to actually check the dictionary to know what the Word means. You will then list the games he's played and the number of goals he's scored. The guy has played 37 games for Nigeria, he has 18 goals to his credit. That's not consistent enough for you? Seriously? Give me a player in the present squad that has his statistics. Nobody comes close! Dude is so prolific that he is the 4th highest goal scorer in the history of the Nigerian National team. Yes, the Super Eagles since it was formed in 1945. Only Yekini, Odegbami and Yakubu are above him. Do you have any idea how many great strikers Nigeria has produced over the years? So how is Obafemi Martins not consistent, Sir? What more can you ask for from a striker?

Gosh...what some people say in arguments sef.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:06am On Oct 14, 2015
Martins will do better than Emenike.

lexyman:
@ Joseph .Are u saying martins will do the magic when he's been called upon ? the same way u guys clamor for Ike Uche , u mounted the pressure for Keshi to invite him he was invited and nothing concrete to show for it , martins is aging fast and Oliseh doesn't want to use and dump , base on his philosophy , "building a team for the future " forget it! Martins belong to d past . Don't forget Yakubu was also banging goeals for the Chinese lease consistently when he joined them . Why can't u just stick to d young blood philosophy that everybody wanted . In this aspect our voice should speak for us . We want young blood in d super eagles not the rookies .
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:37am On Oct 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Why not Oshaniwa for left back. He was amazing playing that role for Keshi.

I don't see any problems with Elderson. The position really is his he was first choice before the world cup. I say give him a chance to get reaquainted. 1 assist so far isn't bad.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 11:16am On Oct 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Martins will do better than Emenike.

one reason why he has not been given enough time(call up) in d NT is simply because 'he won't sit on d bench'- he is far better than d strikers keshi paraded during his reign as d eagles coach.
So d only way out for keshi n nff to get their boys play is by not inviting him at all. '*Soccer godfatherism*' is a bane to our football.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Siasia: Clubs Frustrating My Preparations
[/size]

Samson Siasia,
Olawale Ajimotokan in Abuja
Nigeria’s Under-23 coach, Samson Siasia, has lamented that all is not rosy with Nigeria’s preparation towards qualifying for year's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The Dream Team VI will in November feature in an eight-nation under-23 championship in Senegal where Africa’s three representatives at the male football event of the Rio2016 will emerge.
A frustrated Siasia complained to reporters last night in Abuja that his programme was being hampered by local clubs who have refused to free their players for national duty apparently because of the crucial stage of the Glo Premier League.
He said that out of the 30 players invited only 10 have turned up at the camp, warning that Nigerians should not expect success from the prevailing shambolic preparation.
"Our preparations for the African Under-23 Championship are being compromised because of the refusal of clubs to release the players invited to camp. I am not impressed at all because our chances of qualifying for Rio 2016 now look dicey. You can't expect us to qualify at the expense of other teams that have emphasised on good preparation. Those days are over," Siasia fumed.
He pleaded with the club sides to release the players in question, promising that he would ensure they are allowed to leave camp to play league fixtures for their clubs during the week.
[/b]

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/siasia-clubs-frustrating-my-preparations/222688/
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria: 2016 Olympic Qualifiers - My Team Not Ready, Says Siasia
[/size]
Abuja — The National Under-23 Coach, Samson Siasia, said on Tuesday that he was yet to assemble a formidable team for the forthcoming CAF U-23 Championship in Senegal.
The tournament scheduled to take place in Senegal from Nov. 28 to Dec. 12 will serve as qualifiers for the teams for 2016 Olympics in Brazil.
Nigeria, Senegal, Algeria, Tunisia, South Africa, Zambia, Mali and Egypt will be drawn in two groups of four teams each with the top three teams advancing to the Rio Olympics.
Siasia told newsmen at the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) secretariat in Abuja that his team was not ready for the championship and attributed the development to refusal of clubs in the country to release players invited for the competition.
According to him, only 10 players out of 30 invited have reported to camp as at today.
"Preparation is not going well because most of the invited players are not here; I know they want the players to win the league but we need them to come.
"The players can come and go back at the weekend and play for their teams, just like we have done in the past.
"I am appealing on behalf of the team for the clubs to release these players so that we can start preparation on time; I am not impressed at all because this month will soon end," he said.
Siasia pointed out that late preparation could jeopardize the country's chance of qualifying for the Olympics.
"Our qualification can be dicey if we don't start now; we don't have to sit down at home and not do the right thing or not prepare well and you expect to win; those days are over.
"Teams that prepare better also have the chance to win," he said.
He noted that efforts had been made to get the foreign-based players to camp, especially those in Europe, but regretted that their clubs were not cooperating with him on the players' release.
Siasia, therefore, said that the technical crew would have no choice than to rely on home-based players to prepare for the competition, rather than depend on those the handlers were not sure of their availability.
"I don't want to rely so much on the foreign-based players because if they fail us it will be a big problem.
"Right now, I don't have another team apart from the one that went for the African Games but we need to improve on it," he added.
The coach urged the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to ensure that clubs released the invited players as soon as possible to enable the country qualify for the Olympics.
[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201510140134.html
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

I don't see any problems with Elderson. The position really is his he was first choice before the world cup. I say give him a chance to get reaquainted. 1 assist so far isn't bad.

Coach Keshi preferred Echiejile naturally but he could not perform well. That is why Keshi settled with Oshaniwa. Oshaniwa is faster, a better tackler, overlaps and tracks back naturally and a better crosser than Echiejile. I do not know why Echiejile gets picked ahead of Oshaniwa except that he is in a big club.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
Icon4s:

If Martins deserves a call up then d likes of Yakubu deserves a call up too.Simple.After all Yakubu has a better scoring record than Martins. So based on ur argument Yakubu too deserves a call up. Including Osaze.
[b]I personally think you have something personal against Martins since you keep making apples and oranges comparism. So you now accept that MLS is not as bad as you portray. You accept that it is not because he is playing for MLS that Drogba is not called up to the Ivorian team. That's a good start in the honesty game.

Now you have shifted to Yakubu. Let's play that game as well. Tell me Yakubu's new club and how many goals he has scored for them this year. Remember, we are in the tenth month of 2015. Okay, I will do you the honours. Yakubu has scored ZERO goals for Kayserispor this year. Now wait for this, this year alone Martins has scored 15 goals despite having three months of injury. His 15 goals is the highest of any player of Nigerian origin anywhere in the world this year.

You cant make a case for Osaze because he's been on the injury table for most of the year and he is still recuperating. He's not even made West Brom's bench this season. Is that the person on whose case you do not want Martins to be invited? What sort of argument is this?

Honestly, I expect a better argument from you judging from your trumpeted knowledge of the game. That's why I prefer someone who argues with figures like thegoodjoe.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
[b]And it seems some people are listening in the coaching crew. I saw a news report on the Seattle Sounder website about how Martins is already pencilled down for a callup in the next matches. That would be well-deserved.

[size=14pt]Obafemi Martins expected to make return to Nigeria national team[/size]

A "highly-placed source" told Complete Sports Nigeria that Obafemi Martins is on the verge of being called up to the Nigerian national team next month for what would be the Seattle Sounders forward's first international appearance since 2013.

Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh is reportedly unhappy with the offensive output of the Super Eagles as of late, and is considering recalling Martins for November's 2018 preliminary World Cup qualifier against either Djibouti or Swaziland. Nigeria's first-choice strikers as of late, Odion Ighalo and Emmanuel Emenike, have been rather ordinary for the international side and coach Oliseh hopes Martins could provide competition and an option off the bench.

Despite struggles with injury at times, Martins has been in excellent form for the Sounders this season, scoring 14 goals in 18 MLS appearance so far. Oliseh is also reportedly in need of an aggressive forward to press high up the pitch, something Sounders fans are used to seeing from Martins.

If Martins does indeed get called up and chosen to play, he'll be making his 40th appearance for the national side and could add to the 18 goals he's scored for the Super Eagles since he was first called up in 2004.

Martins was a semi regular with the Super Eagles through 2010, when his international career reached its peak and then suddenly fell off. Martins earned 12 caps that year, including two appearances at the World Cup. But after Nigeria's disappointing one-point performance, Martins and several of his teammates fell out of favor. Since then, Martins has received just two caps.

http://www.sounderatheart.com/2015/10/13/9523661/obafemi-martins-could-be-recalled-by-nigeria-next-month?_ga=1.154593083.284293514.1444814462 [/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by robosky02(m): 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2015
good for obagoal
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
robosky02:

good for obagoal
sir, t has really been a while I come across ur moniker. If'm sure d last time would be at u-20 thread during d u-20world cup. *stretches hand for handshake* u're welcome

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 8:23pm On Oct 14, 2015
Just enjoying my vacation..... When it is time I'll wax lyrical
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Coach Keshi preferred Echiejile naturally but he could not perform well. That is why Keshi settled with Oshaniwa. Oshaniwa is faster, a better tackler, overlaps and tracks back naturally and a better crosser than Echiejile. I do not know why Echiejile gets picked ahead of Oshaniwa except that he is in a bug club.

He really hasn't been used since before the world cup when he got injured. He is regaining his form and fitness especially now that he is a shoe in starter for Monaco. Oshiniwa offers stability and few mistakes but Elderson to me is a much more dynamic option.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:42am On Oct 15, 2015
Honestly, I don't understand why anyone will kick against a Martins comeback to the Super Eagles. It's kinda an "enigma in a mystery".............*smiles*

Anyway, I too support a Martins recall and from reports in the media and a few others he just might be recalled for the november fixtures. He's earned this and should be given his chance.......... If he fails, FINE!!! But I hope not coz he's always been one of my favorites and I trust he got the qualities too plus experience. **winks** And the statistics give him a "good name"..........

Anyway, Sir Joseph, I just wanna point out a few things that you may like to correct such as:

-Ighalo is of Nigerian origin and has scored more than Martins.... Ighalo has scored 21 goals so far in 2015 alone.

-Osaze Odemwingie features for Stoke and not WestBrom. And he made his return to action before the international break.

Note: I understand that sometimes we make mistakes when stating our arguments and may innocently forget or overlook some things. I guess you may have been tired/fatigued when typing these coz "I know" you know "these". Just wanted to point it out before the one you "discuss with" picks on it..........

Just being a "big brother's" keeper. **winks**......... I'm the "keeper" and you're the "big brother"........

**back to the backseat**

joseph1013:
[b]I personally think you have something personal against Martins since you keep making apples and oranges comparism. So you now accept that MLS is not as bad as you portray. You accept that it is not because he is playing for MLS that Drogba is not called up to the Ivorian team. That's a good start in the honesty game.

Now you have shifted to Yakubu. Let's play that game as well. Tell me Yakubu's new club and how many goals he has scored for them this year. Remember, we are in the tenth month of 2015. Okay, I will do you the honours. Yakubu has scored ZERO goals for Kayserispor this year. Now wait for this, this year alone Martins has scored 15 goals despite having three months of injury. His 15 goals is the highest of any player of Nigerian origin anywhere in the world this year.

You cant make a case for Osaze because he's been on the injury table for most of the year and he is still recuperating. He's not even made West Brom's bench this season. Is that the person on whose case you do not want Martins to be invited? What sort of argument is this?

Honestly, I expect a better argument from you judging from your trumpeted knowledge of the game. That's why I prefer someone who argues with figures like thegoodjoe.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:52am On Oct 15, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Dream Team call up excites Chukwudi Esobe
[/size]
Kwara United of Ilorin winger, Chukwudi Esobe has expressed delight over his invitation to the Dream Team camp even as he vowed to work hard to make the final list
It would be recalled that Nigeria U-23 National Team handler Samson Siasia released a 30-man list on Friday, October 10, for the forthcoming CAF U-23 Championship in Senegal.
TheHarmony Boyswinger, who was impressive against Lobi Stars on Sunday, opined that having an opportunity to represent the country is a dream come true.
“I am delighted to have received the attention of the U-23 technical crew because there are plenty of good players in the country”
“I want to thank my team (Kwara United), for the opportunity given to me to play at the Premier League level.
“I will try my best to make the final list because I know it is going to be tough but since getting here is tough, I am sure to finish the job.
“I want to also thank my teammates because they contributed in making this possible,” he enthused and expressed hope that the experience he will eventually gather from the national team will rub off positively on theAfonja Warriors.
TheHarmony Boysplaymaker is optimistic that his team will survive the drop and retain its status in the league.
“We want to put in our best in the remaining league games to make sure we remain in the league at the end of the current season.
“You can see from our last two away games that we lost narrowly. I am sure we will get something good from our two remaining away matches while hoping to pick maximum points from our three remaining home matches,” he added
[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/dream-team-call-up-excites-chukwudi-esobe/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:58am On Oct 15, 2015
[size=14pt]
Ajayi Scores Second Goal For CS Sfaxien In Tunisia
[/size]

Under-23 Eagles forward Junior Ajayi scored his second goal of the season for Tunisian club CS Sfaxien in a 3-0 win over Avenir de La Marsa on Wednesday.
The former Shooting Stars striker netted his side’s third goal in the 90th minute to maintain his CS Sfaxien 100% winrecord in the Tunisian Ligue 1 after five games.
It was his third start for the CS Sfaxien since making a $1.2m swicth from 36 Lions to CS Sfaxien.
Ajayi’s scored on his debut for the club on September 27 in a 3-1 win over EGS Gafsa.
CS Sfaxien top the league table with 15 points from five games, three points ahead of EO Sidi Bouzid in second spot.

www.completesportsnigeria.com/ajayi-scores-second-goal-for-cs-sfaxien-in-tunisia/

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by robosky02(m): 8:32am On Oct 15, 2015
AIG07:
sir, t has really been a while I come across ur moniker. If'm sure d last time would be at u-20 thread during d u-20world cup. *stretches hand for handshake* u're welcome

u welcome returns handshake
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:04am On Oct 15, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Anyway, Sir Joseph, I just wanna point out a few things that you may like to correct such as:

-Ighalo is of Nigerian origin and has scored more than Martins.... Ighalo has scored 21 goals so far in 2015 alone.

-Osaze Odemwingie features for Stoke and not WestBrom. And he made his return to action before the international break.

Note: I understand that sometimes we make mistakes when stating our arguments and may innocently forget or overlook some things. I guess you may have been tired/fatigued when typing these coz "I know" you know "these". Just wanted to point it out before the one you "discuss with" picks on it..........

Just being a "big brother's" keeper. **winks**......... I'm the "keeper" and you're the "big brother"........

**back to the backseat**

How could I have missed that especially Osaze's club? LOL

Thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by bigsam2010: 3:37am On Oct 16, 2015
Dear Punters,

I am working on 3days game of 100odds+ every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Booking Number is now available for Only registered members on our Whatzapp platform.

So you are invited to join us on facebook "NaijaWin (Single & Accumulation Bet)". Drop your number to request for a booking number.

Note: it is a FREE and PAY LATER package. Free BEFORE ----- N3,000 AFTER
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 8:25am On Oct 17, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Iheanacho Ready To Replace Injured Aguero For City
[/size]
[img]http://www.completesportsnigeria.mobi/readNewsItem1.php?nid=14235[/img]
Nigerian youngster Kelechi Iheanacho says he is ready to seize any opportunity that comes ae he hope for some playing time against Bournemouth on Saturday.
The Manchester City forward scored a last-gasp winner against Crystal Palace after coming on as a substitute weeks ago but he thereafter missed several games through injury before returning against Newcastle United.
Now the 19-year-old former Flying Eagles star ready to step in if needed following the injury to Sergio Aguero and is likely to see some action in the coming month with himself and Wilfried Bony City?s only fit recognised senior strikers.
?It depends on what the manager says and who he chooses,? Iheanacho told Manchester City’s official website.
?We have a lot of quality players. It depends who the manager decides to start with. He has just told me to work hard in training for now and work on the things that I don?t normally do so that when I get my chance he knows he can rely on me
?We have started really well this season. The first five games in the Premier League were pretty good but we lost a few games after that and our form hasn?t been as good. I think we are going to improve a lot and hopefully we can pick up where we left off against Newcastle when we play Bournemouth.
?We are top of the table now, but I think we will do even better so if we keep playing well we will stay top for a long time and maybe win the Premier League if we work hard together, though obviously that?s a long way off.?
�Witn City missing five players going into the weekend, Kelechi says it is important for the whole squad to contribute towards what is a vital week ahead for City.
?Everyone is part of the team but that?s why we have such a strong squad,? he addec. ?Those players who aren?t normally in the team must now work hard and make sure that we get the three points in every game that we play.
?It?s a big blow to have those players missing but we have to focus on the game and not worry about who is not playing.
?We don?t have to think about them being injured and what we?re going to do. We are here to work together so we must come in, get the games, do very well and make them proud.
?We also have Vincent Kompany back now and he pushes the team along and gets everyone going. He?s a great captain and everyone is happy to have him back.?
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.mobi/readNewsItem1.php?nid=14235

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 4:59pm On Oct 17, 2015
Man city wins 5 goals to 1

Nacho gets ten minutes

FULL-TIME: MANCHESTER CITY 5-1 BOURNEMOUTH

90' + 1'POOR CALL! Bony times his pass into Iheanacho to perfection and the young striker dinks it over Federici for six, but the official on that side of the field incorrectly raises his flag for offside. Let-off for the visitors.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:08pm On Oct 17, 2015
linked:
Man city wins 5 goals to 1

Nacho gets ten minutes

FULL-TIME: MANCHESTER CITY 5-1 BOURNEMOUTH

90' + 1'POOR CALL! Bony times his pass into Iheanacho to perfection and the young striker dinks it over Federici for six, but the official on that side of the field incorrectly raises his flag for offside. Let-off for the visitors.

Nice Iheanacho got his minutes. It is sad the linesman made a wrong call. One thing is clear, the boy is a finisher and he will get his chance to score more.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.