Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (696169 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:47pm On Nov 29, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I understand your point but our coaches can not grow because they are far from the sources of the knowledge. When you look at the likes of Guardiola and Mourinho who worked under Van Gaal, the influence of Van Gaal will rub on them. Look at Mourinho and Villas-Boas who worked with Coach Bobby Robson. His influence is there for all to see.

Last season, Guardiola accepted upcoming coaches like Sagnol, Zidane and a host of others to camp with him during the preseason and watch his coaching sessions.

Coach Manu Garba, Coach Siasia would benefit from things like this. Our NFF President Pinnick, has rapport with Arsenal, he can negotiate with Arsene Wenger to expose our young coaches.

Even our coaches in the local league need exposure too. Our NFF have to make steps if they want Nigeria to go.

If Coach Garba is given such exposure and he grows from the U20 to the Olympics, with time, he will be experienced enough to coach the National team.

We also have great coaching minds in Nigeria. The problem is they are not properly equipped. I remember this past world cup when Keshi said he had never watched Iran play, this happens all the time with our teams at every single level along with all the wahala our coaches deal with from the nff.

I honestly wanted Manu to take over a Nigerian club, that to me would have been his quickest way to coaching the eagles. Imagine him winning the league title and doing well in Africa. It would make him a more attractive choice for the job.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:40pm On Nov 29, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

We also have great coaching minds in Nigeria. The problem is they are not properly equipped. I remember this past world cup when Keshi said he had never watched Iran play, this happens all the time with our teams at every single level along with all the wahala our coaches deal with from the nff.

I honestly wanted Manu to take over a Nigerian club, that to me would have been his quickest way to coaching the eagles. Imagine him winning the league title and doing well in Africa. It would make him a more attractive choice for the job.

I think if he gives his all to the next World Youth Championship. Good preparation, squad selection and effort. He can have a good World Youth Championship campaign. That will make him a good candidate for the U23 Olympics job.

I feel with that, he can slowly work his way up to the National team.

The league is a bright idea but how many times do the NFF look into the local league to hunt for National coaches.

I remember when Enyimba won the CAF Champions League with Kadiri Ikhana. That was a good coach but the NFF never thought of building him into a National team coach. He also led Kano Pillars to their first NPL title.

I think it is time the NFF step up and do more for our coaches. That is the main reason we lack behind.

I can not remember the details but there was a time an African team beat the Super Eagles and this African team was made mostly of players that played for an African club that Enyimba beat in the Champions league.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:51pm On Nov 29, 2015
Ruthless Nigeria 3-hapless Mali 0

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
Ruthless Nigeria 3-hapless Mali 0
Fantastic results and a good news
grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2015
Icon4s:

The games were live on Supersports yesterday. Tunisia never led Zambia 2-0 at any pt in d game or mayb u meant 2-1. Its was 1-0, 1-1, then 2-1.
I watched both games.
I didn't watch it. That info was based on the reports of a 7-year old.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
Abeg o.... Na 3-2 we win o..... They wan kill us for second half...... **smiles**

Basco was referring to the first half scores.

Ajayi was Impressive today. Same with Sincere Seth and a few others. We owned the first half (though Mali had the possession) but mali "owned" the second half.

Good win sha especially with a "depleted" squad.... Next match please.

*smiles*

adeyemi2015:

grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
I think the boys did well considering situations leading to this tourney especially d non-availability of key players.

Mali are never pushovers at age grade level and I expected them to come out smoking in d 2nd half.

All our defenders,with d exception of Azubike Okechukwu, need to b caned!

This is jst a team we need to manage to qualify for d Olympics and after we qualify d real dream VI will surface.

All the same kudos to Siasia and his boys for d victory.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:21pm On Nov 29, 2015
safarigirl:
I didn't watch it. That info was based on the reports of a 7-year old.

Lol! Hope u are enjoying ur ghost mode.? grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
adeyemi2015:

grin

Yes great result but our 2nd half was the worst i have ever seen this team play, the score seriously could have been 4-3 to Mali. Awoniyi is very match rusty and we have nothing creative going on in the midfield. I fear o, if we play like this in our next match we will be needing to break out the calculators.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 9:30pm On Nov 29, 2015
I like the score line not the game play ... We can't play ths. Style with the Egyptian
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:54pm On Nov 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF 2015 U23 Africa Cup of Nations Egypt U23
Algeria, Egypt play to 1-1 draw
[/size]

Egypt U-23 attacking midfielder Mahmoud Kahraba

Algeria and Egypt played to a 1-1 draw in their opening 2015 U-23 Africa Cup of Nations clash at the Stade Caroline Faye in Mbour, Senegalon Sunday.

The result leaves the North African giants on a point apiece with games against Mali and perennial powerhouse Nigeria to come.

Egypt, who have qualified for the Olympics on 11 previous occasions - the most of any team from the African continent - opened the scoring against the run of play in the 54th minute.

Mohamed Saleh picked out Kahraba, who directed a pin-point header past the Algerian goalkeeper at his near post.

This prompted a response from the 'Fennec Foxes', who leveled matters through the impressive Zinedine Ferhat on 68 minutes.

The USM Alger attacker, who tormented the Egyptian defence throughout the encounter, blazed past his marker before sending a low shot into the corner of the net from outside the area.

Both teams had an opportunity to win it late on, with Ben Taharm missing a glorious chance in the 84th minute. Having done all the spadework himself, the Algerian number 10 failed to supply the finishing touch to a terrific run.

Pharaohs midfielder Mamdouh Elsayed then saw his free-kick attempt tipped over the crossbar in second-half stoppage time as the two teams settled for a point apiece.

Algeria have only qualified for the Olympics on one single occasion, back in 1980.
africanfootball.com/news/589618/Algeria-Egypt-play-to-1-1-draw
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Yes great result but our 2nd half was the worst i have ever seen this team play, the score seriously could have been 4-3 to Mali. Awoniyi is very match rusty and we have nothing creative going on in the midfield. I fear o, if we play like this in our next match we will be needing to break out the calculators.

Well, as for Awoniyi, he played a nt too familiar supporting striker role. Awoniyi is nt much of a skillful player and so will find it difficult as a supporting striker. I expected Siasia to have switched to d 4-5-1 formation earlier than he did by substituting Awoniyi and bringing in a midfielder.

Junior Ajayi has jst made a case for a place in Rio if we qualify. His positional abilities has again yielded fruits.I personally was nt surprised at his display today.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
Icon4s:

Lol! Hope u are enjoying ur ghost mode.? grin
I've been busy the entire week, the ghostmode is out of necessity
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:15pm On Nov 29, 2015
safarigirl:
I've been busy the entire week, the ghostmode is out of necessity

Ok well done. Jst dat we miss ur inputs.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria 2015 U23 Africa Cup of Nations Mali U23
Nigeria barely hang on to beat Mali 3-2
[/size]

Siasia - Tough going after his team collapsed in the second half against Mali

After a scoring three unreplied goals in the first half, Nigeria had to hang on to beat Mali 3-2 in their opening U23 AFCON Group B match in Mbour, Senegal, Sunday night.

This was the classic game of two halves - Nigeria cruised in the first 45 minutes to score three goals, but they were bested by Mali after the interval and had to hold out till the very last minute to stop a remarkable comeback by the boys from Bamako.

The win means Nigeria shoot to the top of the standings with three points after Algeria and Egypt played out a 1-1 draw in the opening match in Mbour earlier Sunday.

Tunisia-based Junior Ajayi netted a brace, while Usman Mohammed was also on target for Dream Team VI all in the first half.

However, after the interval, Mali fought back to score twice for this encounter to go all the way to a nail-biting end.

Adama Niane scored from the penalty spot after 55 minutes after he was fouled inside the box by Oghenekaro Etebo.

And 10 minutes later, Souleyman Sissoko got Mali their second goal when he drove through the Nigeria defence before he slotted past the goalkeeper.

But before their second-half goals Mali had carved out the better chances in front of goal after the first whistle and could even have scored within the first minute, but Adama Traore’s effort came off the crossbar and back into play.

Nigeria soaked the pressure, before they finally got going to score almost against the run of play in the 16thminute, when Ajayi stylishly back heeled home after a superb run down the right flank by the impressive Stanley Dimgba.

Mali continued to chase the game but it was Nigeria who doubled their lead after 34 minutes, when Usman Mohammed turned in a loose ball from inside the box after a great cut-back by Sincere Seth.

But just a minute after this second goal, Nigeria goalkeeper Emmanuel Daniel produced a big save when he blocked at point-blank range the dangerous Adama Traore.

Mali also threatened to pull a goal back five minutes to the interval, but again Daniel was alert to cut out the danger at the feet of Niane.

In first half stoppage time, Junior Ajayi made it 3-0 after Mali goalkeeper Diarra failed to hold a powerful shot fired by skipper Azubuike Okechukwu from the edge of the box.

But it was a completely different ball game in the second period as Nigeria were camped in their own half and Mali attacked in search of goals and were rewarded with two, which were just shy of earning them a share of the points on the day.
africanfootball.com/news/589629/Nigeria-barely-hang-on-to-beat-Mali-3-2
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:29pm On Nov 29, 2015
Icon4s:

Well, as for Awoniyi, he played a nt too familiar supporting striker role. Awoniyi is nt much of a skillful player and so will find it difficult as a supporting striker. I expected Siasia to have switched to d 4-5-1 formation earlier than he did by substituting Awoniyi and bringing in a midfielder.

Junior Ajayi has jst made a case for a place in Rio if we qualify. His positional abilities has again yielded fruits.I personally was nt surprised at his display today.

Awoniyi was not bad but it was easy to tell he hadn't played a real match in a while. Ajayi had a good enough game, his hold up play was upper class but he lacks creativity and a killer instinct. He had 2 goals tonight but if he had made it 3 at any point tonight the game would have been over much earlier. I feel we should play both up top then they can work together with Awoniyi is great at because at this point I don't see any killer assist coming from our midfield. Siasia dropping Sokari and also leaving out Ifeanyi Matthews was an act of insanity.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Awoniyi was not bad but it was easy to tell he hadn't played a real match in a while. Ajayi had a good enough game, his hold up play was upper class but he lacks creativity and a killer instinct. He had 2 goals tonight but if he had made it 3 at any point tonight the game would have been over much earlier. I feel we should play both up top then they can work together with Awoniyi is great at because at this point I don't see any killer assist coming from our midfield. Siasia dropping Sokari and also leaving out Ifeanyi Matthews was an act of insanity.

See my brother we dnt need to b sentimental here cos I remember u once said Awoniyi was light years ahead of Ajayi.I dnt know what u mean by he being match rusty. Awoniyi did nt have a good game bt dat does nt mean he is nt a good player jst dat he was assigned a nt too familiar supporting striker role. Though he is nt blessed with the kind of dribbling skills that Yahaya, Iheanacho, Success, Simon and even Osihmen posses bt i jst love his work rate. If d coaches adopt d 4-4-2 formatn again in our next match he will likely partner with Ajayi.

Junior Ajayi may nt b a fantastic player but he made his opportunies today pay. I may nt b surprised if he doesn't put up a repeat of this performance against Egypt. Another player may jst wreck d Egyptians and dat is how football is.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
Icon4s:

See my brother we dnt need to b sentimental here cos I remember u once said Awoniyi was light years ahead of Ajayi.I dnt know what u mean by he being match rusty. Awoniyi did nt have a good game bt dat does nt mean he is nt a good player jst dat he was assigned a nt too familiar supporting striker role. Though he is nt blessed with the kind of dribbling skills that Yahaya, Iheanacho, Success, Simon and even Osihmen posses bt i jst love his work rate. If d coaches adopt d 4-4-2 formatn again in our next match he will likely partner with Ajayi.

Junior Ajayi may nt b a fantastic player but he made his opportunies today pay. I may nt b surprised if he doesn't put up a repeat of this performance against Egypt. Another player may jst wreck d Egyptians and dat is how football is.

I liked your post. Thanks for speaking up for Awoniyi smiley....he's an awesome, dedicated player and I trust he'll turn up in consequent matches. It just takes him some time is all

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:28am On Nov 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Why make up things I o not know? [b]I watch Japan 93. Although I was too young to follow actively, I watched the game against Argentina. I watched Kanu score and when he ran towards Fani Amun screaming, i told you.

I watched Pele come to watch the two African finalists at Japan '93 finals. So do not tell me I only read of Fani Amun. How many blogs write about him?

3SC players went on strike mostly because of Unpaid sign on fees. We had a big game against Raja. After the settlement of their fees, three days to the camp, the FA called Fani Amun to handle the team.

In those few days, he turned that team into a menace. One of the strikers, scored a bicycle kick from outside the 18yard box. We led 2-1 before Raja Scored two late goals.

NTA televised some of the preparatory sessions of Fani Amun for that 3SC team. Does that sound like someone who just read of Fani Amun.

Are you saying Fani Amun is not a brilliant coach? Or, What is your point? The FA should not make efforts to train our local coaches. Or, the FA should not have trained someone like Fani Amun?

What is your point?[/b]

You watched Japan '93? shocked
Bt u have always said it here on countless times that u started following live from Nigeria '99 AS A 7YRS OLD. Meaning u crawled out of ur baby cut with diapers on ur bums to watch d Japan 93 matches? grin
U mst have been a wonder kid. grin

Then also d Kanu's goal celebration of telling d coach "i no tell u" was in d semi-final 2-1 win over Poland and not in d Argentina game.

My friend if ur age is actually what u claim u could nt have watched Japan 93 nor Nigeria '95 so also could nt have watched Fani Amun as a coach. So u really dnt know Fani Amun. U probably read or heard abt what ever u must have known abt him.

Otto Gloria was coach of d 1980 AFCON winning Green Eagles. I cannot engage any1 in an argument abt him bc during dat period i was young and had nt developed d senses enough to understand football. 1980 na d year my Papa buy our first TV sef!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:43am On Nov 30, 2015
[size=14pt]
Reactions: Mali 2-3 Nigeria
[/size]
Cheick Oumar Kone (Head Coach, Mali)
We started very badly, but in the second half we played collectively.
We lifted up our game and scored twice. We could have equalized but we failed to convert some of the chances. Such is football; you get punished if you fail to take your chances. Our next game against Algeria will be equally difficult. They are beatable but we have to avoid mistakes like we did today.

Samson Siasia (Head Coach, Nigeria)
It was a difficult match. We played very well in the beginning and scored three goals. The defenders made two mistakes which cost us, and they (Mali) scored twice. The defenders panicked and they (Mali) almost equalized. I guess we were lucky to escape.
www.cafonline.com/en-US/NewsCenter/News/NewsDetails?id=nMDehk9c1B9XIwciA2xhuA%3d%3d
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:45am On Nov 30, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Siasia targets qualification after 'lucky escape'
[/size]

Nigeria U23 ace Usman Mohammed

Nigeria U23 team coach Samson Siasia has set his sights on beating Egypt on Wednesday to secure passage into the next stage of the U23 AFCON in Senegal after his team survived a late Mali scare.

The Beijing 2008 Olympic silver-winning coach led his team to a hard fought 3-2 win over Mali after they had led 3-0 by half time on Sunday in Mbour.

"That's football and it is a 90 minutes game. I just thank God we won at last. Our target now is to win the next game to qualify for the semi-final," Siasia said.

“It was a difficult match. We played very well in the beginning and scored three goals. The defenders made two mistakes which cost us, and they (Mali) scored twice. The defenders panicked and Mali almost equalized. I guess we were lucky to escape.”

Nigeria lead Group B with three points, while Egypt and Algeria have a point each after they played out a 1-1 draw also on Sunday.
mtnfootball.com/news/589686/Siasia-targets-qualification-after-lucky-escape
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:59am On Nov 30, 2015
@Bolded

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU SIR??

Seriously are you alright?? **smiles**

COULD THIS BE SOME FORM OF AMNESIA OR VISUAL FIELD PROBLEM??

Seriously, I'm concerned.

Please Check "WHO" you were "addressing" again.........

Could he, Sir TheGoodJoe have said "my lines"?? Or have "My story"??

I ASKED YOU IN MY "I'M DONE" POST if you really read through the comments/views of others and understand who and who has "what opinion".

Mehn!!! In fact, this is Amnesia. "You" completely misplaced "two different" identities.

So you've been "looking for subtle ways" to seriously/constantly belittle we "little kids" huh?? Well, guess what, you picked on the "wrong guy".

**smiles**

P.S: No hard feelings I hope. It's just very "surprising".

**smiles**

Icon4s:

Bt u have always said it here on countless times that u started following live from Nigeria '99 AS A 7YRS OLD. Meaning u crawled out of ur baby cut with diapers on ur bums to watch d Japan 93 matches? grin

Then also d Kanu's goal celebration of telling d coach "i no tell u" was in d semi-final 2-1 win over Poland and not in d Argentina game.

My friend if ur age is actually what u claim u could nt have watched Japan 93 nor Nigeria '95 so also could nt have watched Fani Amun as a coach. So u really dnt know Fani Amun. U probably read or heard abt what ever u must have known abt him.

Otto Gloria was coach of d 1980 AFCON winning Green Eagles. I cannot engage any1 in an argument abt him bc during dat period i was young and had nt developed d senses enough to understand football. 1980 na d year my Papa buy our first TV sef!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:01am On Nov 30, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
How Dream Team VI Rated Against Mali
Biyi Akangbe
[/size]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-76yTeO0i30s/VeXiJojZkhI/AAAAAAAAJwA/NsJAHBszIwY/s1600/U-23PH.jpg[/img]
By: Obiweluozo Martins
The Dream Team VI of Nigeria survived a scare over their opponent the Malians in the opening match of the African U-23 Championship in Senegal.

The Nigeria U-23 team ran out 3-2 winners over their fellow West African as goals from Junior Ajayi in the 16th and 46th minutes in between Usman Mohammed’s strike in the 34th minutes ensured that the U-23 Eagles held on late in the game to stay at the top of the group bagging the three points at stake to start off the tournament on a high.

Thus, the performance of the U-23 Eagles remains under focus as we cast light on how each player performed as regards to the game.

SoccerNet Nigeria evaluates the performance of the Nigeria U-23 team known as the Dream Team VI.

EMMANUEL DANIEL. (6.0)
Made a couple of saves early on but could not keep out any of Mali’s two goals as the defence was widely exposed. Not the best of the distribution from the goalie.

SINCERE SETH (6.0)
Had a decent first half with some nice defending and was credited with an assist for Usman Mohammed’s goal.

SEGUN ODUDUWA (6.0)
Put up a fine performance in the first period but faded away amid pressure from the Mali attack.

ZAHARADEEN BELLO (5.0)
Was not composed in defending as he was caught napping by the Mali attackers. Committed a foul for leg raising and was hurled off for a forgettable night.

NDIFREKE EFFIONG (4.5)
Joined the attack but his left back position was a source of weakness as Mali’s Traore utilized the area to the detriment of the team.

AZUBUIKE OKECHUKWU (5.5)
Had a nice game from deep in the first half but struggled to assert himself after the break following a tackle he received in the midfield.

USMAN MOHAMMED (6.0)
Was lively in the first period, dispatched a well time finish to double the lead but lost steam as Nigeria struggled in the second period.

STANLEY DIMGBA (6.0)
The winger acquitted himself well in the game as he supplied good crosses which resulted to two of the goals.

OGHENEKARO ETEBO (5.5)
Had a decent outing from the start but the Malians kept him in check later on as he was unable to link up the midfield with aplomb and was guilty of conceding a penalty.

TAIWO AWONIYI (5.5)
Not the best of games for the Liverpool man as he was muscled out by the Malians, also failed in an attempt to get in a cross in the second half.

JUNIOR AJAYI (6.5)
Scored a brace on the night and was starved of services after the intermission but was the reason Nigeria has to go home three points in their kitty.

SUBSTITUTIONS
AMAEFULE CHIZOBA (4.0)
Came on to add stability at the back and did enough to ensure that Nigeria secured to a narrow win.

GODSPOWER ANIEFIOK (4.5)
Was a tactical measure to solidify the defence as he came on to help out in defensive duties.
www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/11/how-dream-team-vi-rated-against-mali.html
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:21am On Nov 30, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
@Bolded

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU SIR??

Seriously are you alright?? **smiles**

COULD THIS BE SOME FORM OF AMNESIA OR VISUAL FIELD PROBLEM??

Seriously, I'm concerned.

Please Check "WHO" you were "addressing" again.........

Could he, Sir TheGoodJoe have said "my lines"?? Or have "My story"??

I ASKED YOU IN MY "I'M DONE" POST if you really read through the comments/views of others and understand who and who has "what opinion".

Mehn!!! In fact, this is Amnesia. "You" completely misplaced "two different" identities.

So you've been "looking for subtle ways" to seriously/constantly belittle we "little kids" huh?? Well, guess what, you picked on the "wrong guy".

**smiles**

P.S: No hard feelings I hope. It's just very "surprising".

**smiles**

I chose not to exchange words with you.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:27am On Nov 30, 2015
But you just did.......... *smiles*

Besides, what else do you wanna say??

SIR, YOU "GOOFED" Big time.

Man up and say you're sorry.

How do you think he'll feel when he discovered you simply "misplaced" him"?

Icon4s:

I chose not to exchange words with you.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:58am On Nov 30, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Zambia, South Africa fight to keep Olympic dream alive
[/size]

Owen da Gama coach of SA U23 team with his players

Regional rivals Zambia and South Africa will look to bounce back from opening defeats when they meet for their second Group A clash in the 2015 CAF U-23 Africa Cup of Nations on Tuesday.

The match will take place at the Stade Leopold Sedar Senghor in Dakar, Senegal, on Tuesday at 17h00 CAT.

South Africa went down 3-1 at the hands of the host nation in the opening match of the tournament, while Zambia were beaten 2-1 by Tunisia, conceding a late goal to the North Africans’ Haythem Jouini in what was otherwise a tightly-contested encounter.

The pair’s opening losses means this match is critical to their hopes: another defeat will see their dreams of qualifying for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro go up in smoke.

South Africa coach Owen Da Gama said his side must move on from the loss to Senegal and have the attitude that their fate in the tournament is still very much in their own hands.

"We have said before the start of the tournament that all the games are a must win if we want to reach the top - Tuesday’s clash against Zambia is no different,” the Bafana Bafana assistant coach told SAFA Media.

"The game against Senegal was also a must win but it is behind us now we have to move on.

“Tunisia is playing Senegal in the other match and hopefully there is a draw there to give us a fighting chance.

"If Senegal or Tunisia win they are through, but if there is a draw and we win it will go down the wire. Fortunately our fate is still in our hands.”

Zambia coach Fighton Simukonda said his team has “to go back to the drawing board and make sure that we win the two remaining games to be in contention”.
mtnfootball.com/news/589719/Zambia-SA-fight-to-keep-Olympic-dream-alive
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by jobsat34(m): 11:59am On Nov 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I think if he gives his all to the next World Youth Championship. Good preparation, squad selection and effort. He can have a good World Youth Championship campaign. That will make him a good candidate for the U23 Olympics job.

I feel with that, he can slowly work his way up to the National team.

The league is a bright idea but how many times do the NFF look into the local league to hunt for National coaches.

I remember when Enyimba won the CAF Champions League with Kadiri Ikhana. That was a good coach but the NFF never thought of building him into a National team coach. He also led Kano Pillars to their first NPL title.

I think it is time the NFF step up and do more for our coaches. That is the main reason we lack behind.

I can not remember the details but there was a time an African team beat the Super Eagles and this African team was made mostly of players that played for an African club that Enyimba beat in the Champions league.

it was in 2004 against petro atlectico of angola. okey emordi just took over from ikhana. petro had 11 national team players with 5 of them a confirmed starter..

nigeria lost away to palaca negras blaming bad pitches but enyimba went there to beat petro on d same pitch..

that was one of my best moment in domestic football..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
Icon4s:

I guess u wanted me to say all hail Ajayi but nope I didnt see much different. Awoniyi has only played once for his club since the season began compare that to the rest who are actively involved in club football, so yes he is match rusty and will need time to get with the rhythm of things. He doesn't need to dribble he can use his strength and pace to get things done, i can almost bet that on this team he is the best final third passer. The thing is ever since i have watched Ajayi he has not delivered anything special, to me he is like Anthony Ujah.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

I guess u wanted me to say all hail Ajayi but nope I didnt see much different. Awoniyi has only played once for his club since the season began compare that to the rest who are actively involved in club football, so yes he is match rusty and will need time to get with the rhythm of things. He doesn't need to dribble he can use his strength and pace to get things done, i can almost bet that on this team he is the best final third passer. The thing is ever since i have watched Ajayi he has not delivered anything special, to me he is like Anthony Ujah.

@ Bolded, even in the last night's game? Ok o. I am not asking you to hail him. If u Check d post u quoted I even mentioned he is not a fantastic player, however, he is not as bad as u put him to be. Atleast u have come to realize that Awoniyi is not light years ahead of Ajayi as u once put it. Awoniyi himself needs to step up his game to be able to face the more senior challenge now.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2015
Icon4s:

@ Bolded, even in the last night's game? Ok o. We are watching.

The goal mouth scramble back heal? It looked good, it was quick and smart thinking but it wasn't special.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

The goal mouth scramble back heal? It looked good, it was quick and smart thinking but it wasn't special.

Well then. If u say so.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2015
Icon4s:

[b]Please, if you followed my comment, you will know that I mentioned that I watched Westerhof almost in tears in Cairo 90. Not regularly because I was young. I followed Euro 92 that a young Danish squad won. I watched Senegal '92 when Abedi Pele got a second yellow card and was suspended in the last game to play Cote d'Ivoire. It ended in a long penalties shoot out. Both Keepers played penalties in that game. Abedi Pele cried with Andre Ayew on his laps.

I watched the finals of Ghana vs Brazil in 1995 U17 finals. Ghana won that game using some mesmerizing long range shots to unlock the Brazilian defence. The one of the goals scored by a Brazilian was a Messi like dribble.

I was just not a regular follower of football until 1998 when I started following games regularly. I watched every match of France 98 World Cup, NTA showed all games, including delayed Matches. That is why I can say Zidane was not even the best player of France, let alone the World Cup. How could anyone vote Zidane over Davor Suker.

So please I just was not passionate. For you to point out Kanu celebrated with "I no tell you" and for me to point it out, tells you I watched it. [/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.