Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (695175 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2015
Icon4s:

You watched Japan '93? shocked
Bt u have always said it here on countless times that u started following live from Nigeria '99 AS A 7YRS OLD. Meaning u crawled out of ur baby cut with diapers on ur bums to watch d Japan 93 matches? grin
U mst have been a wonder kid. grin

Then also d Kanu's goal celebration of telling d coach "i no tell u" was in d semi-final 2-1 win over Poland and not in d Argentina game.

My friend if ur age is actually what u claim u could nt have watched Japan 93 nor Nigeria '95 so also could nt have watched Fani Amun as a coach. So u really dnt know Fani Amun. U probably read or heard abt what ever u must have known abt him.

Otto Gloria was coach of d 1980 AFCON winning Green Eagles. I cannot engage any1 in an argument abt him bc during dat period i was young and had nt developed d senses enough to understand football. 1980 na d year my Papa buy our first TV sef!

Are you saying because I was not born in the time when Johann Cruyff dominated the World I cannot argue about him. For Christ sake, I stopped watching matches judiciously because of Youtube. You can virtually find anything and equip yourself with knowledge of the past.

You can get old full matches and watch it. You can get close analysis of how teams played in the past, analysed by experts and watch it. I can talk of a lot of good players like Seedorf and Mijatovic in France 98 and a ten year old kid can search for the video of them and study them.

Football has left that level.

Someone might not find a lot of the old videos but as time progresses, almost all of the football infos will be digitally recorded.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2015
Icon4s:

I chose not to exchange words with you.

I beg you, do not vex. I apologise on behalf of TheSuperNerd. You have experience of how tempers run high in football arguments. It does not mean TheSuperNerd meant to reply you rudely.

TheSuperNerd, as much as Icon4s joins us here to share his knowledge, we should know he is our elder.

He might sound superior or make you feel he is belittling us his younger ones but I want us, especially those of us who are regularly here to keep in mind that he is not our age mate in any way. Outside here, we would greet him with all due respect.

Please, no matter how angry you get, or how angry Icon4s makes you, keep it in mind he is our elder.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by bigblangston: 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I beg you, do not vex. I apologise on behalf of TheSuperNerd. You have experience of how tempers run high in football arguments. It does not mean TheSuperNerd meant to reply you rudely.

TheSuperNerd, as much as Icon4s joins us here to share his knowledge, we should know he is our elder.

He might sound superior or make you feel he is belittling us his younger ones but I want us, especially those of us who are regularly here to keep in mind that he is not our age mate in any way. Outside here, we would greet him with all due respect.

Please, no matter how angry you get, or how angry Icon4s makes you, keep it in mind he is our elder.
As expected frm a city fan, very mature post. Wished shinawatra had u as one of his backroom staffs then, u wud ve made man city great then

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Wise words! But Icon4s, "Ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition..." grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

You guys are making this thread boring when you keep discussing age , it's so irrelevant!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Godspower confident after nervy start
By George Akpayen
[/size]

Godspower Tower Aniefiok

Nigeria under-23 midfielder Godspower Tower Aniefiok has the self-belief that they can progress out of their group at the Under-23 Afcon despite a shaky start against Mali on Sunday.

The Nigerians raced to a 3-0 lead in the first 45 minutes but conceded twice after the restart and held on by the skin of their teeth to claim the full points.
Godspower though believes that they will improve on their performance.

"It was a difficult game," Godspower said to supersport.com. "But we are happy that we got the three points. Now we need to focus on the next game which is equally important and we need to win to make sure we qualify for the semifinal. We are working to improve in the next game."

Nigeria's under-23s will face their Egyptian counterparts at the Caroline Faye Stadium in M'Bour on Wednesday, and the Kano Pillars man is confident they can pull off a win against the North Africans.

"Yes I am sure we can (against Egypt). But we will work hard to achieve that," said the midfielder.

Godspower made his appearance in the game against Mali when he came off the bench in place of Taiwo Awoniyi in the 77th minute of the match.
www.supersport.com/football/africa-cup-of-nations-u23/news/151130/Godspower_confident_after_nervy_start
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:31pm On Nov 30, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Awoniyi: U-23 Eagles Will Improve Against Egypt
[/size]

By James Agberebi:
Nigeria U-23s striker Taiwo Awoniyi has promised an improved performance when they face Egypt on Wednesday in their second group game at the CAF U-23 Cup of Nations in Senegal.

The coach Samson Siasia-led side narrowly edged Mali 3-2 in Sunday's game.

Goals from Junior Ajayi (brace) and Usman Mohammed, gave the Nigerian side a 3-0 first half lead.

But in the second half, the Malians came back strong and scored two goals.

Reacting to the win, Awoniyi told Comple tesportsnigeria.com in a chat that he is delighted that the team was able to hold on to the lead despite Mali's second half onslaught.

"That's football for you (the narrow win against Mali), but we thank God that we were able to hold on to our lead and secure the three points.

"By God's grace, there will be an improved performance on Wednesday against Egypt."

The Eagles will qualify for the semi-final if they beat Egypt on Wednesday.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/awoniyi-u-23-eagles-improve-egypt/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
How Dream Team VI Rated Against Mali
Biyi Akangbe
[/size]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-76yTeO0i30s/VeXiJojZkhI/AAAAAAAAJwA/NsJAHBszIwY/s1600/U-23PH.jpg[/img]
By: Obiweluozo Martins
The Dream Team VI of Nigeria survived a scare over their opponent the Malians in the opening match of the African U-23 Championship in Senegal.

The Nigeria U-23 team ran out 3-2 winners over their fellow West African as goals from Junior Ajayi in the 16th and 46th minutes in between Usman Mohammed’s strike in the 34th minutes ensured that the U-23 Eagles held on late in the game to stay at the top of the group bagging the three points at stake to start off the tournament on a high.

Thus, the performance of the U-23 Eagles remains under focus as we cast light on how each player performed as regards to the game.

SoccerNet Nigeria evaluates the performance of the Nigeria U-23 team known as the Dream Team VI.

EMMANUEL DANIEL. (6.0)
Made a couple of saves early on but could not keep out any of Mali’s two goals as the defence was widely exposed. Not the best of the distribution from the goalie.

SINCERE SETH (6.0)
Had a decent first half with some nice defending and was credited with an assist for Usman Mohammed’s goal.

SEGUN ODUDUWA (6.0)
Put up a fine performance in the first period but faded away amid pressure from the Mali attack.

ZAHARADEEN BELLO (5.0)
Was not composed in defending as he was caught napping by the Mali attackers. Committed a foul for leg raising and was hurled off for a forgettable night.

NDIFREKE EFFIONG (4.5)
Joined the attack but his left back position was a source of weakness as Mali’s Traore utilized the area to the detriment of the team.

AZUBUIKE OKECHUKWU (5.5)
Had a nice game from deep in the first half but struggled to assert himself after the break following a tackle he received in the midfield.

USMAN MOHAMMED (6.0)
Was lively in the first period, dispatched a well time finish to double the lead but lost steam as Nigeria struggled in the second period.

STANLEY DIMGBA (6.0)
The winger acquitted himself well in the game as he supplied good crosses which resulted to two of the goals.

OGHENEKARO ETEBO (5.5)
Had a decent outing from the start but the Malians kept him in check later on as he was unable to link up the midfield with aplomb and was guilty of conceding a penalty.

TAIWO AWONIYI (5.5)
Not the best of games for the Liverpool man as he was muscled out by the Malians, also failed in an attempt to get in a cross in the second half.

JUNIOR AJAYI (6.5)
Scored a brace on the night and was starved of services after the intermission but was the reason Nigeria has to go home three points in their kitty.

SUBSTITUTIONS
AMAEFULE CHIZOBA (4.0)
Came on to add stability at the back and did enough to ensure that Nigeria secured to a narrow win.

GODSPOWER ANIEFIOK (4.5)
Was a tactical measure to solidify the defence as he came on to help out in defensive duties.
www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/11/how-dream-team-vi-rated-against-mali.html
[/b]
is ndifreke effiong not a midfielder?why must siasia use him as a left back na
is there no left back in the team
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:41pm On Nov 30, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AFCON: Dropped Sokari Backs U-23 Eagles To Beat Egypt
[/size]

By Izuchukwu Okosi:
Enyimba midfielder Kingsley Sokari is anticipating a difficult game for theU-23 Eagles in their second fixture at the CAF U-23 Cup of Nations in Senegal, although he is confident his compatriots can get the job done.

Samson Siasia's team defeated Mali 3-2 on Sunday in what could be termed a 'lucky escape'.

Nigeria were leading 3-0 but let the Malians score twice to end the contest in frenetic fashion.

Sokari who was dropped just before the team jetted out to Gambia where they had the last lap of preparations for the second edition of the tournament spoke with Comple tesportsnigeria.com.

"Thank God for the win against Mali. The Malians are a very good team but we have good players too and a very experienced coach," the Enyimba midfielder told Comple tesportsnigeria.com.

"Now that Mali is out of the way it is Egypt on Wednesday. It will be another tough match but I trust my friends, they can do it. They will deliver. We just need to take our chances and not give in when they come at us.

"North African teams are very technical. They may not be as strong as our fellow West African rivals but you are sure the match against them will be as hard as the ones against teams from other parts of Africa."

Algeria is another North African foe that the U-23 Eagles will face in Group B of the tournament on Saturday.

Sokari's inability to be part of the team to Senegal was because of the insistence of some Enyimba players to leave the U-23 camp and be part of their club's last league game in Lagos.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/afcon-dropped-sokari-backs-u-23-eagles-beat-egypt/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

No problems. Jst one of those things.It is nt unexpected from forum like this. It is well.Thank u real good. U are a real man.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:58pm On Nov 30, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
NFF relieved Nigeria earned maximum points against Mali
[/size]

Nigeria's line up against Mali
By Taiwo Adelu

Nigeria’s line up against Mali
Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, says the victory of the Dream Team VI over Mali in Sunday’s first group game of the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations Senegal 2015 has brightened the chances of Nigeria qualifying from the group.

After scoring three goals in the first half, Samson Siasia-led team had to hang on desperately to defeat Mali 3-2 in the grudge match played in Bamako.

Notwithstanding the scare from Mali, NFF secretary general, Dr. Mohammed Sanusi, said that the team were able to secure the victory and the three maximum points from the match. This he said is a welcome development.

“The most important thing was the maximum points,” Sanusi said.
“We knew that the match would be difficult for the Dream Team because every team that qualified for the championship are equally good.

“I want to assure Nigerians that we have confidence in the team and their coach to win the Olympic ticket for Nigeria,” he said.

Meanwhile, a former Nigerian junior international, Ambrose Wanzekin has warned the U-23 Eagles that they should know that every team at the Senegal 2015 want to be in Rio Olympic Games next year, hence the need for Nigeria to take their subsequent matches seriously.

He said henceforth, the team must not concede unnecessary goals as it happened against Mali in their first group match.

“The Dream Team must up their game in the next match,” the former goalkeeper of the U-23 Eagles warned.

Siasia’ s team scored all their three goals in the first half through a brace from Tunisia-based Junior Ajayi in the 16th and 45th minutes as well as a 34th minute goal from Muhammed Usman.

A determined Malian side came back forcefully in the second half and got a penalty that earned them a goal in the 54th minute through Adama Niane, while the second goal came through Abdoulaye Diarra in the 65th minute.
www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/11/30/nff-relieved-nigeria-earned-maximum-points-against-mali/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 8:04pm On Nov 30, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
U-23 Nations Cup: Nigerians slam Dream Team’s approach against Mali
By Taiwo Adelu
[/size]

Samson Siasia: U-23 Dream Team Coach

Soccer loving Nigerians, who watched the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations Senegal 2015 match between Nigeria’s Dream Team IV against Mali Sunday night, have expressed their reservations on the seriousness of Samson Siasia and his boys to go far in the tournament.

The Nigerian narrowly beat their Malian counterparts 3-2 in a grudge encounter where Nigeria scored their three goals in the first half after which Mali made spirited efforts to reply with two quick goals in the second half.

Some Nigerians were not happy that Siasia and his team could allow Mali to rattle them with two second half goals in a match the U-23 Eagles had comfortable three goals before half time.

These Nigerians took to Twitter to express their disgust about the way the Eagles allowed the Malians narrow the scoreline.

Toryila Denen slammed Siasia and his boys for going to sleep after scoring the three goals. He wrote: “@thenff Please tell Siasia and his boys that a game of football is for 90 mins. You cannot score 3 goals in the first half and go to sleep.”

Akinwumi Akerele said: “the team have been very lucky to still be ahead. The quality of football from the team is appalling.”

Mr. Josh wrote @Dmanjoe that “the lazy super chickens scored 3 goals in a match? I guess Buhari will dash them all 1000 naira each.”

Andy West warned Siasia to play the game than talking in the media. “Siasia should learn to talk less and play more. After boasting of going to thrash Mali, he was struggling to win.”

Emmanuel Ekpiken wrote that something must have gone wrong with the team for allowing Mali to come back with two goals in the second half.

“There’s total collapse of Siasia’ team in the second 45 minutes. Maybe he altered his tactics and got it very wrong, ” Ekpiken wrote.

Ogungbe Setonyon noted that “there are more works to be done on the Dream Team. We’re outplayed by Mali, thank God we took our chances.”

Ismaeel Aknitayo said that “good start but crappy ending. We thank God we won at last.”

Onicha Azubike said though it was a good game, he believes that the Dream Team’s loss of concentration in the course of the match was responsible for Mali’s two goals. He, however, wants Nigeria to “do better in the next game.”
www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/11/30/u-23-nations-cup-nigerians-slam-dream-teams-approach-against-mali/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 8:13pm On Nov 30, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Senegaland Tunisia to battle for top spot
[/size]

Senegal U-23 midfielder Sidy Sarr

Senegal and Tunisia will battle for top spot in Group A of the 2015 Africa U-23 Cup of Nations in Dakarthis Tuesday, in their second outing at the continental event.

The two sides got their campaign off to a winning starton Saturday, with the competition hosts enjoying a 3-1 win over South Africa and the North Africans sealing a 2-1 victory against Zambia.

A first-half brace from Ibrahima Sory Keita followed by a late goal from substitute Sidy Sarr proved enough to hand the young Lions the perfect start to their Olympics journey, as the visitors only managed a single goal through Phumlani Ntshangase from the penalty spot.

And Espérance Tunis striker Haythem Jouini headed home either side of half-time to see Tunisia get past the Zambians 2-1 in the other game of the day.

While Senegal will be favourites to keep their momentum going in front of their home crowd against the young Eagles, they insist they need to remain cool-headed and not underestimate their opponents.

“We need to remain calm, and show more serenity and concentration. There are good teams,” Senegal full-back Moussa Wagué warned.

“It was very important to win the first game. We did it. We are very confident for the rest of the tournament. Now, we must repeat our performance against Tunisia.”

The winners will take a major step towards a semifinals spot, and boost their chances of a top-three finish and a ticket for the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio.

The match will kick off at Stade Léopold Sédar Senghor at 20h00CAT onTuesday 1 December.
mtnfootball.com/news/589758/Senegal-and-Tunisia-to-battle-for-top-spot
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:26pm On Nov 30, 2015
**smiles**

First of all, he's the one that should be doing the "apology" NOT YOU SIR GOODJOE..... He should be apologizing to you (Even if you don't need the apology).

For crying out loud, he stole "my lines" (I'M THE 7+ YEAR OLD WHO STARTED FOLLOWING SOCCER IN 1999--- EVERYONE KNOWS THIS.... I'VE BEEN SINGING IT ON SOME OF Sir JOSEPH1013's threads) and placed them on you just to burtress his "oga experience" point.

IF NO ONE HERE IS READY TO ATTACK/Correct SUCH MALICIOUS "GOOFINESS", then sorry to disappoint y'all........ I won't be a party to silence just BECAUSE HE'S AN ELDER.

I KNOW HOW I RELATE TO EVERYONE HERE AND IN OTHER SECTIONS SO I'M NOT AFRAID OF BEING MISUNDERSTOOD.........

Any "NON-SENTIMENTAL" fellow knows he's supposed to apologize.

ANYWAY, Cool write-up, BUT I WITHDRAW THAT APOLOGY YOU RENDERED ON MY BEHALF. IT WASN'T NECESSARY. He goofed and should be called to "perfect order" and not being "PLACATED" BECAUSE OF THE "ELDER IMMUNITY".

I won't shy away from speaking my mind in the most honest way I can JUST BECAUSE HE'S SOME ELDER.

OLD AGE IS NEVER EQUIVALENT TO WISDOM JUST AS YOUTH IS NEVER EQUIVALENT TO FOOLISHNESS.

IT'S ALL ABOUT "The Right mindset, mental maturity, and emotional intelligence". And these qualities are not respecters of age. Any one from 0-100yrs and beyond can have them.

So please, let's get some things straight here aiit.....

His experience does not make him "superior" as cited in your post.
He's no avatar in soccer. What he has in experience, I have in knowledge and more. So let no one think a 23+ year old is intimidated by "experience".

I've never been this "bullish" but now it's a neccessity I have to maximise.

IF YOUTHS ARE TO BE "WATCHED" BY THE ELDERS, THEN WHO WATCHES THE ELDERS??

**I REST MY CASE**

TheGoodJoe:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:41pm On Nov 30, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
**smiles**

First of all, he's the one that should be doing the "apology" NOT YOU SIR GOODJOE..... He should be apologizing to you (Even if you don't need the apology).

For crying out loud, he stole "my lines" (I'M THE 7+ YEAR OLD WHO STARTED FOLLOWING SOCCER IN 1999--- EVERYONE KNOWS THIS.... I'VE BEEN SINGING IT ON SOME OF Sir JOSEPH1013's threads) and placed them on you just to burtress his "oga experience" point.

IF NO ONE HERE IS READY TO ATTACK/Correct SUCH MALICIOUS "GOOFINESS", then sorry to disappoint y'all........ I won't be a party to silence just BECAUSE HE'S AN ELDER.

I KNOW HOW I RELATE TO EVERYONE HERE AND IN OTHER SECTIONS SO I'M NOT AFRAID OF BEING MISUNDERSTOOD.........

ANYWAY, Cool write-up, BUT I WITHDRAW THAT APOLOGY YOU RENDERED ON MY BEHALF. IT WASN'T NECESSARY. He goofed and should be called to "perfect order" and not being "PLACATED" BECAUSE OF THE "ELDER IMMUNITY".

I won't shy away from speaking my mind in the most honest way I can JUST BECAUSE HE'S SOME ELDER.

OLD AGE IS NEVER EQUIVALENT TO WISDOM JUST AS YOUTH IS NEVER EQUIVALENT TO FOOLISHNESS.

IT'S ALL ABOUT "The Right mindset, mental maturity, and emotional intelligence". And these qualities are not respecters of age. Any one from 0-100yrs and beyond can have them.

He's no avatar in soccer. What he has in experience, I have in knowledge and more. So let no one think a 23+ year old is intimidated by "experience".

**I REST MY CASE**

Make no mistake, I argue with my elders and I try to make my points. That is what learning is about. If we do not argue with our elders, how can we test our knowledge.

I have no problem in you having your opinion and disagreeing with Icon4s. I just do not want us to lose our tempers to the point we sound disrespectful.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
**smiles**

**I REST MY CASE**

Please, Knowledge is not everything. Experience matters a lot. Remember the saying, EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER. No matter how much you study the past, it is not the same as those that lived it.

We should not think of Policing our elders but drawing from the well of their experiences.

The more we learn from them, the more knowledgeable we become.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by bigblangston: 8:52pm On Nov 30, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
**smiles**

**I REST MY CASE**

*BUTTRESS* not *burtress* **Smiles**..... We all make mistakes.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2015
Icon4s:

@ Bolded, even in the last night's game? Ok o. I am not asking you to hail him. If u Check d post u quoted I even mentioned he is not a fantastic player, however, he is not as bad as u put him to be. Atleast u have come to realize that Awoniyi is not light years ahead of Ajayi as u once put it. Awoniyi himself needs to step up his game to be able to face the more senior challenge now.

The thing is this, i have watched both guys and i stand by my statement in saying Awoniyi is much better even though i have to admit he hasn't had a good showing since pre world cup. I don't remember calling Ajayi a bad player at any point in time.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 30, 2015
I really can't believe what I am reading here tonight?
Seems I need to wear my Glasses. Maybe I'm on a wrong thread
Chill up Guys, this shouldn't be happening on this thread!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:30pm On Nov 30, 2015
Not the type of mistake that suggest malicious "AMNESIA" **Smiles**

So back off!!!! Thanks. *smiles*

bigblangston:
*BUTTRESS* not *burtress* **Smiles**..... We all make mistakes.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:37pm On Nov 30, 2015
Una well done o....abeg, what is the pay like for arguing like this? Lemme know if I should update my football knowledge and join you guys wink

I come here looking for useful info, instead an pissing contest I jam. Tuale to all the participants, can't say how this is useful to the U23 thread sha undecided
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mikron(m): 2:34am On Dec 01, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
**smiles**

**I REST MY CASE**

i ve never seen u talk this way here before? whatz up?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mikron(m): 2:40am On Dec 01, 2015
whats happening to the lovely sports loving forumites here of late? why all these bickerings? please lets live as one, no more quarrels sad biko

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:29am On Dec 01, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Dalong praises, charges Dream Team[/size]

Barely 30 minutes after a hard fought 3-2 win over Mali, the Honourable Minister of Youth and Sports, Barr. Solomon Dalong, put a call across to players and officials of the U-23 National Team (Dream Team), urging them not to rest on their oars but go all out for the Olympics ticket.
Congratulating the boys for being brave warriors to overcome the Mali hurdle, the Youth and Sports minister said no game is easy and the fact that they could withstand the pressure from the Malians goes to show that they possess the true fighting spirit of Nigerians.

"Let me assure you all that your efforts will not go unnoticed; all I ask of you is to relax, enjoy this moment, then concentrate on your next game, no game is easy, but from the much you have shown against Mali, I know you guys can make it."

Barr. Dalong had before the game put a call across to the team, charging them not to let the nation proud.

Responding Coach Siasia thanked the Youth and Sports Minister for finding time within his busy schedule to give the team a morale -boosting call, while assuring the Minister that the team would not disappoint Nigerians. Siasia called on all to support the team, saying that they have come this far and cannot afford to falter.

Meanwhile, Head Coach of the Dream Team, Samson Siasia has admitted that his team was lucky to have escaped with a 3-2 victory over West African rivals Mali, in its first game at the on going U-23 Africa Cup of Nations played at the Caroline Fay Stadium, Mbour.

Coach Siasia made this disclosure while addressing the sporting press at the post match press conference after the game.
According to Coach Siasia: "We were simply lucky today that we took our chances in the first half; my defenders after conceding that penalty goal, became jittery and in the process started giving the ball away to our opponents. It was a game of two halves, for me my greatest joy was that we were able to pick the first three points, meaning one more win and we are in the semi finals."

On how difficult the Malians were, Coach Siasia said the Malians, like any other team in the group earned their qualification for the competition, and so are no push overs, but one thing he is assuring Nigerians is that in a competition like this, the Dream Team will get better with each passing game.

Coach Siasia then urged Nigerians to support the team, as they take on Egypt, and that for him and his boys, it's one game at a time.[/b]

http://www.thenff.com/2015/11/dalong-praises-charges-dream-team/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:29am On Dec 01, 2015
mikron:
i ve never seen u talk this way here before? whatz up?

But I see nothing wrond in what Sir TheSuperNerd said, he didn't mean to harm nor bicker, simply the naked truth. That doesn't mean he disrespect elders.

I think he is my kind of person. If you do something I don't like, I just have to find away of telling you, so that we do not keep malice, but live as friends. But before our friendship continues, we have to iron out and resolve issues so as to operate on a better platform.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:33am On Dec 01, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigerian wonderkid & Tottenham, Arsenal transfer target compared to Neymar & Pele
By Gary Emmerson
[/size]

Ex-Nigeria skipper Christian Chukwu has likened Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspurtransfer target Victor Osimhento Brazil legend Pele and current Barcelona star Neymar.

The wonderkid was part of the stunning Nigeria team that won the Fifa U-17 World Cup earlier in the year, and also lifted the U-17 Golden Ball for top scoring at the event.

Victor Osimhen: The U-17 World Cup starlet
In fact, not only did Osimhen bag more goals at the competition—which took place in Chile last month—he also broke Florent Sinama-Pongolle’s long-standing goal-scoring record in the tournament by bagging ten goals during the event—finding the net in every round.

As a result of his golden showing, Osimhen has been called up by the Nigeria U-23 side for the ongoing African U-23 championship in Senegal.

This is despite him being only 16, and considerably younger than the other players in Samson Siasia’s 21-man squad.

Osimhen: Pele Comparisons
However, speaking to Nigerian source Punch[as per Goal.com], former Super Eagles skipper Chukwu has backed Osimhen to thrive in the tournament and likened him to Brazilian legend Pele and current Selecao star Neymar.

“Osimhen is a talented player and he is not too young to play in the Under-23 team,” the former skipper began.

“Many world-class players began at a very young age. Pele and Neymar started playing for the Brazilian senior national team when they were very young.

“Osimhen is not even too young to play in the Super Eagles. The Under 23 team is a good place for him to develop and I believe his participation in the tournament (Senegal 2015) will do him a lot of good as well as helping the team.”

Siasia’s decision further highlights just what an exciting talent Osimhen is.

The attacker has been linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur, although the player’s agent confirmed last month—as per the International Business Times—that the teenager had not yet agreed a deal to move to White Hart Lane.

This may open the door for Arsenal to make a move for the player, with the Metro[quoting Soccernet], suggesting that the Gunners are in talks to sign the frontman.
www.caughtoffside.com/2015/12/01/victor-osimhen-nigerian-wonderkid-likened-to-pele/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:37am On Dec 01, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Iwobi Stars In Arsenal U-21s Win; Adejo, Fatai In Action
[/size]

By James Agberebi:
Nigerian youngster Alex Iwobi starred for Arsenal U-21s who defeated Brighton U-21s 2-1 at the Amex on Monday.

Iwobi who played for 90 minutes, had chances to score but was unlucky not to get on the score sheet.

Brighton took the lead through Connor Goldson on 13 minutes, but second half strikes by Ben Sheaf and Donyell Malen in the 48th and 60th minutes gave the Arsenal side the win.

In Greece, Nigerian player Daniel Adejo featured for 90 minutes in the colours of Kalloni who lost 3-1 to visiting PAOK Thessaloniki.

Goals from Stefanos Athanasiadis and Ioannis Mystakidis secured the win for PAOK. Giorgos Manousos got Kalloni's only goal.

And in the Czech Republic, Nigerian striker Kehinde Fatai was in action for Sparta Prague as they beat visiting Brno 2-1.

Fatai was later substituted for Tiemoko Konate in the 64th minute.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/iwobi-stars-arsenal-u-21s-win-adejo-fatai-action/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:55am On Dec 01, 2015
[size=14pt]
U-23 AFCON: Ekpo Blasts U-23 Eagles, Calls For Improvement
[/size]

By Taiwo Adesanya:
Former Super Eagles midfielder, Friday Ekpo, has said the U-23 Eagles have to improve if they are to qualify for next year’s Olympics in Brazil.

The Nigerians won their opening Africa U-23 Cup of Nations game 3-2 against Mali with former Shooting Stars of Ibadan stsr Junior Ajayi scoring a brace.

“Coach Samson Siasia must ensure he brings out the best in this boys,” Ekpo told Comple tesportsnigeria.com.

“We can’t afford to keep playing like this and expect to get an Olympic ticket. We trust the coach and we’re sure he will work on the lapses to deliver Nigeria’s goal of playing in Rio next year.”

Nigeria will face Egypt on Wednesday in the next group B fixture.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/u-23-afcon-ekpo-blasts-u-23-eagles-calls-improvement/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:17am On Dec 01, 2015
Firstly, let me start by saying I am sorry if the discussion I had with TheGoodJoe sounded provocating to any1 here. Funny that the person I was actually referring to is not the person that is throwing insults all abt. I mistakenly quoted words of TheSuperNerd as words of TheGoodJoe and that was it. Insults ensued.

Those of us that have been following discussions on this thread know how hot arguments can get at times even at that we have always managed not to throw insults. I have personally been verbally attacked and ridiculed on several occasions but what did I do? I shook it off and still stayed in the argument/discussion. Over time, I have come to understand the personalities of peeps here and know how to relate with them. For eg the way I relate with Bascovanveli is different from how I relate with terzurum5, Joseph1013, safarigirl or any other person cos we have our differences. TheGoodJoe is one of the persons I engage most on arguments/discussions on this forum bc he seems quite knowledgeable abt the game and shows a high level of maturity and also I know how discussions can go at times and yet no insults.

Look, it is not an issue of age, elder or no elder. If it is based on age or status I will not even be on this kind of forum discussing with peeps that are young enough to be my children. I see this as a faceless forum where no one knows hu is who or who is older but still we deserve respect from each other. I am not a journalist nor an NFF official as some of u think here. I only love analyzing the game and have only co-presented live radio shows on Rhythm 93 FM particularly during the 2014 WC.
I am an Oil and Gas expert, a Geologist. I only played football at an early age and I played with some that later played for the national teams. I had to drop bc I needed to face my studies. Apart from the sports section I also frequent Jobs and Career sections where I find pleasure in counseling young people especially those that are aspiring to join the Oil and Gas industry. I relate with youths a lot even in my Church which is majorly y I dnt see it a big deal frequenting here. But one thing is I HATE INSULTS.

I dnt want it to be that it was Icon4s that triggered the atmosphere that truncated the peaceful and cordial ways we relate with each other here.

I am not the kind of person that finds it difficult saying " I am sorry". If forumites here have found that comment I made abt TheGoodJoe provocating once again I say I am sorry. But if any1 choses to continue throwing insults at me then u may have jst seen the last days of icon4s here.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 10:46am On Dec 01, 2015
@icon4s, u ve just done the right thing ,the good joe pls stay calm @ superdupernerd i beg take some chill pill ... The peace of this thread has attracted so many visitors. ...pls let's maintain it.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:48am On Dec 01, 2015
Icon4s:
Firstly, let me start by saying I am sorry if the discussion I had with TheGoodJoe sounded provocating to any1 here. Funny that the person I was actually referring to is not the person that is throwing insults all abt. I mistakenly quoted words of TheSuperNerd as words of TheGoodJoe and that was it. Insults ensued.

Those of us that have been following discussions on this thread know how hot arguments can get at times even at that we have always managed not to throw insults. I have personally been verbally attacked and ridiculed on several occasions but what did I do? I shook it off and still stayed in the argument/discussion. Over time, I have come to understand the personalities of peeps here and know how to relate with them. For eg the way I relate with Bascovanveli is different from how I relate with terzurum5, Joseph1013, safarigirl or any other person cos we have our differences. TheGoodJoe is one of the persons I engage most on arguments/discussions on this forum bc he seems quite knowledgeable abt the game and shows a high level of maturity and also I know how discussions can go at times and yet no insults.

Look, it is not an issue of age, elder or no elder. If it is based on age or status I will not even be on this kind of forum discussing with peeps that are young enough to be my children. I see this as a faceless forum where no one knows hu is who or who is older but still we deserve respect from each other. I am not a journalist nor an NFF official as some of u think here. I only love analyzing the game and have only co-presented live radio shows on Rhythm 93 FM particularly during the 2014 WC.
I am an Oil and Gas expert, a Geologist. I only played football at an early age and I played with some that later played for the national teams. I had to drop bc I needed to face my studies. Apart from the sports section I also frequent Jobs and Career sections where I find pleasure in counseling young people especially those that are aspiring to join the Oil and Gas industry. I relate with youths a lot even in my Church which is majorly y I dnt see it a big deal frequenting here. But one thing is I HATE INSULTS.

I dnt want it to be that it was Icon4s that triggered the atmosphere that truncated the peaceful and cordial ways we relate with each other here.

I am not the kind of person that finds it difficult saying " I am sorry". If forumites here have found that comment I made abt TheGoodJoe provocating once again I say I am sorry. But if any1 choses to continue throwing insults at me then u may have jst seen the last days of icon4s here.
Sir Icon4s you are going no where. If you do I will personally pursue you till I catch you. I have always known you since I joined this section of the forum, to be someone who hardly over react to issues or get angry during heated arguments. I don't think this very one should be allowed to get out of hand. My biggest regards and bigger smiles.gringrin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.