Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 (26402 Views)

FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge / “nigerians Spend N1.8 Billion Daily On Sports Betting” – Analyst / Petrol Subsidy Probe: FG Removes 98 Importers From 2012 Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2014
jpphilips:

Where in this article does it say that a refinery produces oil? even your rebuttal didn't say so, show me, I want to see it!!

Refineries, basically refine oil into varied products....including PMS, Kerosene, etc.

You are just sad that I refuted your theory that a refinery cannot produce up to 40000bpd. grin

Anyways....Nigeria must get off oil. That is the ultimate purpose of my removing oil subsidies....to use the cash to spend on industrial support infrastructure.

But you Nigerians...govt, opposition, populace, etc....think the oil money will be there forever. It won't. We better start following China, Germany and Japan....and invest in industries...so that ultimately our GDP will grow....and then we would have the cash to subsidize whatever we want.

Not now, under this Dutch diseased economy.
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Well, ultimately, my palaver with subsidy is we are not producing enough to meet domestic demand. We produce 10 million litres per day for a demand of 35 million litres per day....which means importing 25 million bpd......and then subsidize the imported fuel at the pump!(Talk about throwing away money.)

Anyway, in my opinion, we need to get off oil....focus on industrial development...which is where the subsidy cash should be (ideally) spent.

If you dont understand how something works, you ask people who do and they will explain it, spamming the whole thread with articles written by Kai-kai journalists is in nobody's interest.
A journalist or analyst whose IQ processed that refinery produces oil, does not behoove readership from a busy doctor like you, Find something else to while away time, definitely not that article. just a friendly advise.
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Refineries, basically refine oil into varied products....including PMS, Kerosene, etc.

You are just sad that I refuted your theory that a refinery cannot produce up to 40000bpd. grin

Anyways....Nigeria must get off oil. That is the ultimate purpose of my removing oil subsidies....to use the cash to spend on industrial support infrastructure.

But you Nigerians...govt, opposition, populace, etc....think the oil money will be there forever. It won't. We better start following China, Germany and Japan....and invest in industries...so that ultimately our GDP will grow....and then we would have the cash to subsidize whatever we want.

Not now, under this Dutch diseased economy.

You are still on refinery producing oil? lol, Doc, abeg go face romance and health section, you are making a mess of your education, another friendly advise!!
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
jpphilips:

If you dont understand how something works, you ask people who do and they will explain it, spamming the whole thread with articles written by Kai-kai journalists is in nobody's interest.
A journalist or analyst whose IQ processed that refinery produces oil, does not behoove readership from a busy doctor like you, Find something else to while away time, definitely not that article. just a friendly advise.

grin

I leave you, and every Nigerian with this quote....try not to be offended wink

Ten years from now, twenty years from now, you will see: oil will bring us ruin… Oil is the D/e..v..il's excrement

Ultimately I want the subsidy off because we are too dependent on oil. It is time we grew out of liquid food and went to solids.

But Nigerians too dey like Nutrend....

Oil is a curse.
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2014
bushdoc9919:

grin

I leave you, and every Nigerian with this quote....try not to be offended wink

Ten years from now, twenty years from now, you will see: oil will bring us ruin… Oil is the D/e..v..il's excrement

Ultimately I want the subsidy off because we are too dependent on oil. It is time we grew out of liquid food and went to solids.

But Nigerians too dey like Nutrend....

Oil is a curse.

Oil is not a curse, Nigerians are the cause, about subsidy removal, you don't analyze things you don't understand, that is the best I can tell you on the issue, the truth about subsidy is not a straight line.
You are free to ask questions if you have any.
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2014
bushdoc9919:

The reason why we are corrupt is because we are an oil dependent society. Oil societies transform the government into oil money sharers.

That is why I support the removal of fuel subsidy because if the money can be channeled into industries et al.....we would get off oil and become an industrial society....and in an industrial society it is in the interest of the govt to make everything work (Keeps tax revenues high).

You cannot support what you don't understand, the much you can base your "support" on are mere fallacies the likes of Sanusi sold to Nigerians in the past.
The Nigerian subsidy scheme is marred with corruption, so subsidy is not the problem but "corruption" if you are smart, you should know that culpability falls more on corruption than subsidy.

The solution to subsidy in Nigeria, is not outright removal either, so you have to understand the issue protempore first before you form an opinion.
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 1:41pm On Oct 20, 2014
playboy19:

Dude... if you like quote the whole world, i still put it to you that you know nothing about this topic being discussed. There is nothing like a fixed global petroleum price. You only have global crude oil price. All countries set their petroleum prices accordingly. I will tell you this as i have stated it previously, 'There is nothing like subsidy in the first place. It is simply a scam'. I am in the industry and you can tell your finance minister or the petroleum minister to call me out on this. With or without government subsidy funds, you can import your petroleum products into this country and still turn profit.

At the moment, only 7 companies are granted allocations to import oil into the country on behalf of the FG and these are the ones who will share this N1 Trillion. Just 7 companies sharing N1 Trillion subsidy funds. All other companies are going to import and sell their own oil without receiving subsidy. Yet they're going to make massive profits. They were making massive profits before the increment from N65 - N95, so you can imagine the profit now, and this is them, without receiving subsidy funds. Call your connects in the oil industry (downstream) and verify this.

Moreover, all the oil imported into the country by these 7 oil companies are going to be bought from some 3 companies (Glencore, Trafigura and Vitol S.A) solely anointed by the FG. So stop feeding Nigerians with your simple and unintelligent logic or rather, some random facts from equally ill-informed journalists and get informed about what you pay for. Fuel subsidy has always been a scam, and a big scam it'll continue to be, until we all get informed and stand up to the government trying to lift it's 'fraudulent obligations' on the populace.

I wouldn't have wasted my time responding to Bushdoc if I had seen this post earlier, I like the part in bold, he read nonsense from a confused journalist and formed an opinion with it, it is a huge shame.
I have no doubt you have an idea how it works out there (downstream), so on the down stream part you are right, I am sure most Nigerians don't know that Major importers are praying for subsidy removal, how can I blame them? when the nitwit they voted as a president told them that the 2011 Ojota protest was sponsored by major importers.

The profit margin on AGO (unsubsidized) is so huge that a return of AGO subsidy can cause war in Nigeria, but hey! the average man on the street is too dumb to apply common sense. when the war is being fought, all you need do is to sell a lie and they will stand on any side of interest they don't even understand.

I don't agree that Subsidy is a scam, but I will say it is laced with corruption, but it is ok! for you to think so as a player in the downstream sector, Upstream sector will definitely have a divergent view because even products from our refineries are equally subsidized.

you need a downstream, upstream and political understanding before you can form an opinion on subsidy removal. thanks for not reading that clap trap article Bushdoc is selling to his ex wife grin grin
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 2:10pm On Oct 20, 2014
seangy4konji:
But please I have a baffling question cos I know little about this oil and subsidy things.

Can Nigeria not repair refineries or is it impossible to build new ones?are the old one programmed in such a way that once spoilt it cannot be repaired and companies who build refineries don't exist again?just honking an if anybody can help me with this question.

In 2011, the Pet minister announced that refineries will come, have you seen anyone 3yrs on? do you think they don't want to fix the challenge? my guess is that those guys are too dumb to understand where the challenge came from, they never knew that Refinery is not the reason they pay subsidy.
When they realized it, it was too late to retract the BS they have sold to Nigerians.
If madueke likes, she should go bring the biggest refinery in the world from India, she will still pay subsidy, if you noticed, there have not been TAM contracts lately, because the nitwits have realized that refinery is not the problem.

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2014
playboy19:

Sir, you have asked a very valid question that any sensible Nigerian should be asking but unfortunate, politics wouldn't let you get the answer. You may think Nigerian business men were not thinking about building refineries and all the benefits that comes with it, but politics wouldn't let it happen. Like i said earlier, the whole subsidy thing is a large and long standing fraudulent scheme called the 'Nigeria political compensation scheme'. Let me quick give you an example, go back to your archive and check out the 2011 'Friends of Jonathan' presidential campaign fund-raising programme and match the names of the people in attendance with the names of the people indicted for subsidy scam and see what you get.

These are the lobbyists. The ones you call the cabal. So sir, there, is your answer. Like a wise man once told me, buying is cheaper than begging, while stealing or taking is cheaper than buying. These people would rather falsify Bill of laden and delivery documents and get gauranteed fraudulent subsidy cash as compensation for their campaign investment than go thru the hassle and risk of doing the real business, which to me is dumb.

This is a very complex topic to discuss, it takes a first-hand experience of the whole thing to really understand it. Fortunately, Nigerians partially rose up to them and the result; the cabal has been broken back to the original 7. Now the rest have to really do the work and get compensated in another way. This answers why Dangote is suddenly interested in building an $8B refinery with majorly local 'partners'. It's a little complex sir. Just a little...lol

You seriously believe there is a cabal that steal your subsidy funds? grin grin
Nigerians will never learn
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2014
blym4real:
I rest my case. Tell me the reason why new refineries hasn't been built either by private or the government for the past 12 years.

Because there was no oil to refine before now
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 3:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
atlwireles:

NNPC does not need the spot market. In 2005 Obj changed the price formula, where NNPC contract are based on the 30 days NYSE price average, for the 445,000 barrels allocated for our local refineries.

The amount of oil allocated for DSO was 250,000bbls not 445,000bbls, and DSO was discontinued in 2008.
445,000bbls is actually the total refining capacity of all the Nigerian refineries put together at optimum capacity.
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2014
atlwireles:

The government does not have the money,and the private sector hates the business model.

I disagree completely, speaking of which, your ECR being shared from 2011 till date can comfortably pay for a refinery, if refining is the problem.
I don't get why you guys don't look beyond this whole refining clap trap.
The good news is this, the Govt need not pay a kobo in any refining investment in Nigeria.
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 3:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
synergycom19:
The Government simply wants to increase the price of fuel because the pool of Funds is gettings ridiculously low due to unregulated looting of the treasury. What about the domestically produce fuel, does it incured dermorage too?why fix price for products you don't sell alone?(Total, Oando, MRS, etc)they all sell fuel too?why not allow them fix there prices as they import from various sourcesThe Government ensures that private refinery don't take off (by fustrating them with impossible conditions) in order to justify the need to fix prices as they like..
MTN, GLO, AIRTELL, ETSALAT, all decides to sell there products as they seem it fit, Customers decides which is cheaper, better network quality, better serviced etc. All this organisations have no business with the Government whatsoever safe for taxes.E.g,MTN sold Sim card for 35,000.00nara when it all started, but today it's free, thanks to market forces
Let the major marketers also import there fuel to us allowing markets/cunsumers forces decides the prices.

Comparing the Nigerian oil industry with telecoms is ridiculous, keep an open mind to unlearn the nonsense this Jonathan's govt has been feeding thy people.
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 4:07pm On Oct 20, 2014
VolvoS60:

^^^^
As I asked you in one of my earlier posts: what is the extent of your advocacy for 'appropriate' (i.e. 'global') pricing in local transactions involving ofada rice, palm oil, cocoa, cotton, maize and groundnuts? These are commodities too. Why your insistence on crude oil?

I have made several points to which you have not given a response. You know what these points are so there's no need to repeat them.

I knew this was how it would end.

Your questions are very legitimate, when I say that products from the refinery is subsidized, it is because NNPC get the oil at international crude price (wrong by the way), but do they have a choice?
Oil and cocoa are both commodities but extraction accounts for loads of differences, you don't need Shell to produce cocoa for you, but you need shell to develop an oil field for you, by that act alone, you have lost 40-45% of the oil that will come out, that cannot be said for cocoa.

Shell takes their cut to the international market, Nigeria left with 55-60% does same too, why?
because at the beginning of the year, there is a senate approved benchmark for oil price that will guarantee full budget implementation, if NNPC should sell less, we will not meet budgetary demands (cost of running the country). the budget benchmark is always higher than production cost but falls below the int. price.

The difference between the budget benchmark and int. price is called the excess crude revenue, both of us know that ECR is dwindling due to fall in int.crude price.

If NNPC decides to utilize their fraction of their 60% for refining, they will remit the cost of that oil at international rate to the federation account.

do you understand it now?

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 20, 2014
JP Philips

Am more confused? What is the real problem and what's the solution.
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by blym4real: 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2014
jpphilips:

I disagree completely, speaking of which, your ECR being shared from 2011 till date can comfortably pay for a refinery, if refining is the problem.
I don't get why you guys don't look beyond this whole refining clap trap.
The good news is this, the Govt need not pay a kobo in any refining investment in Nigeria.
your analysis is a bit confusing, tell us the major problem in the nigeria oil sector
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 9:13am On Oct 21, 2014
blym4real:
your analysis is a bit confusing, tell us the major problem in the nigeria oil sector

Which part is confusing you?
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 9:43am On Oct 21, 2014
Donxavier:
JP Philips

where are you lost?
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by seangy4konji: 9:53am On Oct 21, 2014
So my brother what you are saying is that the corrupt people will never build a refinery?whyvua Nigeria like this bro?ir saddens me.

Why is the country been run like a fily business. If a car is bad and you have a money. I think it's better to buy a new one instead of jump starting it every where you go.

How can we change this country?the future of our unborn generation is as stake.
jpphilips:

In 2011, the Pet minister announced that refineries will come, have you seen anyone 3yrs on? do you think they don't want to fix the challenge? my guess is that those guys are too dumb to understand where the challenge came from, they never knew that Refinery is not the reason they pay subsidy.
When they realized it, it was too late to retract the BS they have sold to Nigerians.
If madueke likes, she should go bring the biggest refinery in the world from India, she will still pay subsidy, if you noticed, there have not been TAM contracts lately, because the nitwits have realized that refinery is not the problem.
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 12:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
seangy4konji:
So my brother what you are saying is that the corrupt people will never build a refinery?whyvua Nigeria like this bro?ir saddens me.

Why is the country been run like a fily business. If a car is bad and you have a money. I think it's better to buy a new one instead of jump starting it every where you go.

How can we change this country?the future of our unborn generation is as stake.

The energy crisis in Nigeria is very easy to fix and our leaders know that, what is lacking is the sincerity of purpose to do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2014
Donxavier:
JP Philips

How did you arrive at the conclusion that refinery is the problem? is it not the same Govt that told you so?

keep an open mind to unlearn, I will make out time to dissect it for you.

Read this article very carefully;

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/excitement-as-orient-petroleum-strikes-oil-in-anambra/

while at it, pay a great deal of attention to this paragraph

"The company decided early in 2011 to fast-track a staged development of its two oil blocks, OPL 915 and OPL 916 by initial completion and production testing of one of the already drilled oil wells and 3D seismic data acquisition"

what do you understand in the above quote?

Read this article very carefully again

[url]http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS6967.htm
[/url]

Pay attention to this paragraph

"The real crux of the matter is that the Presidency has favoured some selected companies by granting them right of first refusal or rather exclusive rights to certain oil blocs on parade. The highly favored companies include Dangote Exploration and Production Company, a subsidiary of Dangote Group. The company was given the right of first refusal on OPL 274 and had equally expressed interest in OPL 2007 and 290.As part of the concession, Dangote agreed to build 300, 000 barrels per stream day refinery and 5000MW independent power plant. The company has already committed millions of dollars as wager on its promised investment. This is however very commendable and an outright show of patriotism and genuine desire to do business with the federal government in the crucial oil and gas sector"

I will have to ask you again, what you understand from the above quote?

If you are a discerning mind, does it not bother you that the two independent refineries coming up in the country are tied to oil blocks with OPL granted to the owners? have you asked why?

let me reference the first quote from article one, it clearly says that the source of oil for orient refinery is OPL 915 and OPL 916,
the second article clearly states that the source of oil for Dangote's refinery is OPL 2007 and OPL 290. That is the only way a refinery will survive in the world.

Someone mentioned Libya, pre Gaddafi Libya was exporting 1.7mbbls of crude daily (tied to JV agreements), on the side, there is another 300,000bbls sent to their refinery, that 300,000bbls represents their local production capacity, that is what Nigeria does not have and that is what you need for your refineries to function.
with that model, Gaddafi can sell petrol for as low as 16naira in Libya, it is no rocket science, it is a realistic dimension in the oil industry.

In Nigeria, we export between 2.1mbbls-2.3mbbls/d of crude (JV agreement), on LOCAL PRODUCTION CAPACITY, we have 0.

so what Nigeria does is that they take their JV oil to the refinery and ask NNPC to pay at int. crude price, the products from the refinery responds to the dynamics of international crude pricing plus an additional refining cost and comes out very expensive, the same insane Govt will subsidize at a pump price.
This model, is unrealistic, ignoble and insane.

Why do we need a local production capacity?

Local production capacity is an oil accrued to an oil producing nation, such that it is devoid of any JV agreement and ingeniously explored and funded. Libya shares the same formation as Nigeria, to a great extent in various oil fields, let me spare you the Geological jargon, it implies that the oil wells in both countries are self producing, rightly put, "open the wells and oil comes out" in literary terms,
You may hear people calling the Nigerian crude "sweet crude", it means that the crude has very low thiophene content (a sulfur compound) that kills refineries.
You may hear "self producing wells" it means that the Nigerian oil well can flow for years without any external help, the formation pressure is high enough to drive production for years, in other words, its cost of production is very low, but the Exploratory cost is very huge.

What the above paragraph guarantees is that it may cost between $12 to $20 to produce oil in Nigeria and sell at international crude price that used to be as high as $115, do you now understand how Shell, Chevron, Exxon etc make so much money in Nigeria?
The only problem is that you may spend as much as $5b drilling it as the case of Agbami Oil field developed by Chevron.

I hope you are not lost again.

This $5b need to be invested by the Nigerian Govt, so that the cheap oil will be refined in a profitable margin, let us use $12 for example, the operator of the oil field will sell at say $18-20, you add a little refining cost, with this model, you can get an oil as low as $28/bbl, if you refine it, the PMS (which accounts for 30% of the injected oil) will be sold for less than 35naira/ liter.
two things will guarantee that, the refinery will have to be very large same as the oil production capacity, this model is completely shielded from high international crude price, with PMS of 35naira per liter, our inflation will drop by 50%.
The associated Gas that will accompany the oil will fire all our turbines at a very cheap rate that cost of electricity will be reduced by 70%.

Nigeria will not spend a kobo building refineries, the investors will bring the refineries and add its cost to refining cost, a little margin that will be projected over a long period of time, brilliant! isn't it?

Have you seen that it takes nothing to fix this country but the insane people in power, will not let it happen.

It is another election year, Nigerians don't care to see the Energy road map of the political actors, they don't care to see their foreign policy that can tweak our JV agreements, all they are interested is a few bags of rice and a PDP/APC T-shirt, while the country decays.

I know you will wish to ask, why cant we just develop an oil field to have a local Production capacity? a former head of state foresaw this problem in 1984, his name is Gen. Mohammed Buhari, he received a proposal from an oil and gas guru, Tam David west on how best to implement his idea and avert this present disaster, unfortunately, his Govt did not live to see its implementation. IBB's govt saw the beauty of Buhari's proposal and decided to implement it, in 1988 the Nigerian petroleum development company, (NPDC) was born amidst fanfare and jubilation as a subsidiary of NNPC and tasked them with giving Nigerians their Local Production Capacity, some oil blocks were allocated to NPDC before his Govt left, the Govt of OBJ actually crippled NPDC because he wanted a DSO model.

this is how it works;

After daily oil production, 250,000bbls of crude is set aside for refining, it is called a DSO (Domestic Supply Obligation) at a point, the refineries were not maintained because the OBJ govt did not run a petroleum ministry, so the 250,000bbls/d is diverted, that theft was worth $31,250,000 daily unaccounted for, this gargantuan theft caught the eyes of the senate and a committee was set up to investigate it, in 2008 the DSO model was scrapped and NPDC heaved a sigh of relief.
Do you now understand why people are kicking against the DSO model for Gas in the nonsense Madueke called a PIB?

When we thought NPDC has just recovered from the shock of OBJ's DSO model, the Govt of Jonathan shocked us to the marrow, he and his cohorts in the petroleum ministry now murdered and buried NPDC.

How?

1 NPDC was mandated that every oil they produce will be exported (in contrast to the reason it was set up)
2 NPDC was denied of lucrative oil wells
3 The SPDC assets that was already developed was not handed over to NPDC fully but sold to the president and friends in proxy.

What happened to the NPDC oil wells?

I may not explain further but take time to read this article and tell me why a sane Nigerian who buys PMS at 97 naira when crude price is nose diving, at a very huge subsidy cost running into trillions will want Jonathan in power come 2015.

Read here

[url]http://ireports-ng.com/2013/05/01/petroleum-minister-allison-madueke-defends-ceding-of-nnpcs-usd15-72trillion-oil-blocs-to-her-company-says-deal-not-covered-by-public-procurement-act/
[/url]

The highlight of the article is quoted below;

"Defiant Nigerian Petroleum Minister, Diezani Allison-Madueke has defended her decision to transfer the ownership of four oil blocs owned by the federal government through the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company Limited to a company owned by her and run by Mr. Jide Omokore, Atlantic Energy Drilling Concept. The oil blocs are valued at over USD$15.72 trillion.
The minister’s defence of the flagrant looting of the nation’s commonwealth is coming barely 24 hours after a group of anti-corruption civil society groups petitioned the country’s now crippled anti-graft police, the EFCC to probe allegations bordering on the dubious secret transfer of the oil blocs".
My view on subsidy is that subsidy has to be sustained till a sane govt gives us a LPC and that is why we are seeing another subsidy come 2015, whether or not it is sustainable is a matter for another day, with plummeting oil prices and a very greedy senate, I foresee a huge budget deficit for 2015, that will deplete the Govts resources that they may not be able to afford such huge subsidy regime, they will systematically stop paying and scarcity will return to the stations.
With the US shale oil threat and plummeting oil prices, Nigerian economy is heading for the rocks, If Nigerians decide to keep this present crop of thieves as leaders next year, they will be surprised how huge our debt profile will be.
An anti corruption Czar needs to come on board to sanitize the system, we need the Subsidy regime to be brought to a realistic level and the oil blocks stolen from NPDC, returned.
This is my humble opinion.

I hope you have learnt something, Have a nice day

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 21, 2014
you are very correct. If only Nigerians would ensure that they make General Buhari the next Head of State, you would be surprised how quickly all these issues would be sorted out.
jpphilips:

The energy crisis in Nigeria is very easy to fix and our leaders know that, what is lacking is the sincerity of purpose to do the right thing.
Re: FG To Spend N1 Trillion On Petrol Subsidy In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 12:47pm On Oct 21, 2014
GenBuhari:
you are very correct. If only Nigerians would ensure that they make General Buhari the next Head of State, you would be surprised how quickly all these issues would be sorted out.

Personally, I have nothing against Buhari, as a matter of fact, my school got its best face lift with PTF projects at the time, I equally got some higher degrees with PTF scholarship on merit, for that reason, and loads of research I have done, I have always voted him since 2003, and that loyalty will never change.

The issue at hand now, is that a lot have changed over time, Our inability to change some of our laws has made some good men like Buhari to make a pact with demons like Tinubu.
I foresee a Buhari's administration that will carry along the interest of this demons and we will be greatly disappointed, no doubt I want a buhari in govt but I am not eager to see him in power, not anymore.

I will definitely vote a buhari's party if they field credible candidates with hope they will bring him in government.
with miscreants like Amaechi, El rufai etc in APC, believe me, this opposition will shock us worse than PDP.
Fingers are still crossed though.

I rather a fashola/Oshiomole Govt with Buhari as a senior special adviser etc.
I worry less about Buhari because he is a good man and mean well for Nigerians, he is pretty old and don't have much to live for anymore, I am more concerned about the present generation that is suffering from acute mental erosion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

CBN Reviews Limits On Mobile Money Transaction, Balance / The Unstable Value Of The Naira In The Parallel Market - Afolabi Olugbemiga Sam / How To Become A Baxi Box Agent And Earn Commissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.