Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It (1849 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Why I Will Not Stop Giving To The Work Of God (part 1) / Should We Stop Giving Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by hungryboy(m): 6:23pm On Oct 16, 2014
You are just on your way back from work, by the traffic light, policemen approach u, the ask for your particulars, vehicle registration etc, you provide everything the ask for except a fire extinguisher, the then tell you,
make we go station,
you don't want to take all that trouble so you give 'em 2k,
as a child of god u feel bad about and u even beg god for forgiveness,
as a man who works according to god's word the bible,
u don't have to do that no more
According to proverbs 17 vs 8
and i quote
'A bribe works wonders in
the eyes of its giver;
wherever he turns he
prospers'.

The bribe taking policeman and u the giver are good children of God,
give more bribe if u want more prosperity in your life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by podosci(m): 6:26pm On Oct 16, 2014
hungryboy:
You are just on your way back from work, by the traffic light, the ask for your particulars, vehicle registration etc, you provide everything the ask for except a fire extinguisher, the then tell you,
make we go station,
and i quote
the eyes of its giver;
wherever he turns he
prospers'.

i wont be supprised if the Bible and Quran supports such......after all religion has lead to so much death and destruction, a mere bribe wldnt be a big deal
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by hungryboy(m): 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
podosci:

i wont be supprised if the Bible and Quran supports such......after all religion has lead to so much death and destruction, a mere bribe wldnt be a big deal
w

1 Like

Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 16, 2014
Wat is bribe and wat is gift? Y don't u read from kjv?
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by pesty100(m): 7:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
manuell1021:
Wat is bribe and wat is gift? Y don't u read from kjv?
are you saying the version of the bible he quoted is wrong or is it that it doesn't suit to your interpretation
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2014
pesty100:
are you saying the version of the bible he quoted is wrong or is it that it doesn't suit to your interpretation
am nt sayin d guy is wrong am just telling u to read kjv 4 more understanding, dis is proverbs, u may Nt rili get it straight, wen u say bribe it can also mean gift or it may b a warning also. Remember we re talkin abt english here, check d dictionary meaning of gay nd wat gay mean to pple ryt nw.
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by pesty100(m): 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2014
manuell1021:
am nt sayin d guy is wrong am just telling u to read kjv 4 more understanding, dis is proverbs, u may Nt rili get it straight, wen u say bribe it can also mean gift or it may b a warning also. Remember we re talkin abt english here, check d dictionary meaning of gay nd wat gay mean to pple ryt nw.
gay means happy and gay also means sexual activity between two male species.... The bible said bribe, and bribe has not been know to mean anything in the history of english other than what it means, the people who wrote kjv are only playing with words and being manipulative

1 Like

Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by Raddie(m): 7:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
Interpretation of the bible, fooling africans since 19 BC!

Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by podosci(m): 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2014
hungryboy:
Christianity is 419 repackaged with a bible and suit,
i still remember when i was a good child of my mama, who followed her to church every sunday,
and the pastor will be saying
'you cannot cheat God,
pay your 10% tithe,
when i left christianity is when i got what that pastor was saying,
those 10% tithes never reach heaven,
Its the pastor that got the bank alert for it all
Éfcc should stop arresting those petty yahoo boys, i have never seen any yahoo boy make enough to buy a private jet,
the spiritual yahoo boys, are those the should start arresting.
People need to wake up......Religion is blinding people,,,,,,imagine pastors buying private jets? are they flying to heaven?.....people who cant eat three square meal disturbing themselves with tithe....Islam would jst be indoctrinating peopls into violence..................Christianity is for getn rich while isam is for being violence
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
pesty100:
gay means happy and gay also means sexual activity between two male species.... The bible said bribe, and bribe has not been know to mean anything in the history of english other than what it means, the people who wrote kjv are only playing with words and being manipulative
ur opinion bro, kjv is being manipulative, so wat of d pple dat use d word bribe, re dey using d real word? Y don't u read some commentaries online b4 we start philosophy here.
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by podosci(m): 7:59pm On Oct 16, 2014
Raddie:
Interpretation of the bible, fooling africans since 19 BC!
When u read and interprete the bible exactly as it is written....somebody would tell u, u cant understand the words properly untill u av the holy spirit......Atleast the Bible was even writen in English for all to understand unlike the Quran thats written in Arabic......and ur understanding of the Quran now depends on the Bigotry of the mallam teaching you.....
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by abdulwastecx(m): 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
podosci:

People need to wake up......Religion is blinding people,,,,,,imagine pastors buying private jets? are they flying to heaven?.....people who cant eat three square meal disturbing themselves with tithe....Islam would jst be indoctrinating peopls into violence..................Christianity is for getn rich while isam is for being violence

Religion is just a medium for narrow minded, poor people and people who are desperate gor mirracle to have a nice time.

I believe human should always use science, logical reasoning and common sense to solve problem confronting humanity.

we have constitutions, industrial revolution, technological advancements etc.. all these are made possible by out of the box thinking of men and not depending on some mythical fairytales written centuries ago by cave men in other to fool people under their controls.

I believe in democracy, I believe in western civilization, I believe in a secular state, I believe women is equal to men, I believe people should dress any how they want, I believe human can get solutions to all problem by researching well...I believe we should live this world without thinking about some mythical heaven.

I want to enjoy uninterrupted electricity, pipe born water, good roads, and all other social infrastructure. I don't believe istreali have the right to kill off Palestinian because a book writen by istreali said so.... I dont believe people should be stoned to death, I dont believe in voilence, jihad, descrimination.....I want a better society where I can do what I want

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by Raddie(m): 8:55pm On Oct 16, 2014
podosci:

When u read and interpret the bible exactly as it is written....somebody would tell u, u cant understand the words properly untill u av the holy spirit......Atleast the Bible was even writen in English for all to understand unlike the Quran thats written in Arabic......and ur understanding of the Quran now depends on the Bigotry of the mallam teaching you.....

Hmmm!
And you quoted me for this write up.
I laugh in Swahili!

Anyways the Quran was written in arabic and has remained propagated that way.
The Bible was INTERPRETED to english!
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by Handcuff: 10:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
How does that verse support BRIBERY ?
In your illustration, didnt it work wonders in your eyes?
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by Jackeeh(m): 10:37pm On Oct 16, 2014
Proverbs 17:8 tells you WHAT a bribe is and can accomplish. Fine. Ok. Exodus 23:8 reveals to us the COMMAND on what to do as it concerns bribery. So please @OP don't misquote or mislead.
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by asalimpo(m): 7:51am On Oct 17, 2014
Balance that verse with proverbs 17v23.
"the wicked take bribes secretly to pervert the way of justice "

A bribe in the true meaning of d word means gift.
But common usage is a gift to pervert justice.

#i hope u'll make as much noise about this other verse too!
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by malvisguy212: 9:14am On Oct 17, 2014
hungryboy:
You are just on your way back from work, by the traffic light, policemen approach u, the ask for your particulars, vehicle registration etc, you provide everything the ask for except a fire extinguisher, the then tell you,
make we go station,
and i quote
the eyes of its giver;
wherever he turns he
prospers'.

when you read the bible to find fault,you will never understaf the bible.

Proverb is amoung the book of solomon,solomon was talking abou how precious a gift is and it tempting to reject it even if it an idol worshipper that gave you gift it will be tempting to reject,an we all know solomon recive many gift from close friends who are pagan.

@op.the verse was not even talking about bribe.it is your harden and currupted mind that see it as bribe.
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by davidonoja: 3:31pm On Oct 17, 2014
The bible said a gift not a bribe God. will puniish u for thar lie
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by dastranger(m): 7:55am On Oct 18, 2014
I just dey observe.... That book called Bible is sth else....
Imagine seeing things like this in a holy book...

Ezekiel 23:20 : 20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. _ NIV
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by asalimpo(m): 8:12am On Oct 18, 2014
abdulwastecx:

Religion is just a medium for narrow minded, poor people and people who are desperate gor mirracle to have a nice time.

I believe human should always use science, logical reasoning and common sense to solve problem confronting humanity.

we have constitutions, industrial revolution, technological advancements etc.. all these are made possible by out of the box thinking of men and not depending on some mythical fairytales written centuries ago by cave men in other to fool people under their controls.

I believe in democracy, I believe in western civilization, I believe in a secular state, I believe women is equal to men, I believe people should dress any how they want, I believe human can get solutions to all problem by researching well...I believe we should live this world without thinking about some mythical heaven.

I want to enjoy uninterrupted electricity, pipe born water, good roads, and all other social infrastructure. I don't believe istreali have the right to kill off Palestinian because a book writen by istreali said so.... I dont believe people should be stoned to death, I dont believe in voilence, jihad, descrimination.....I want a better society where I can do what I want

you're a muslim,most likely.
You can never b objective on the isreal-palestine conflict.
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by asalimpo(m): 8:18am On Oct 18, 2014
dastranger:

Ezekiel 23:20 : 20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. _ NIV

what of John 3v16 inter alia?
That verse u read is odd to u cuz u hav a dirty mind (like almost every1 else)
else it's a blunt description of an account.
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by pesty100(m): 8:28am On Oct 18, 2014
dastranger:

Check this one out

GOD'S WORD® Translation
She lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose se.men was like that of horses.
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by pesty100(m): 8:30am On Oct 18, 2014
asalimpo:

I don't know you expect him to intrepret it, than he has interpreted it

1 Like

Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by abdulwastecx(m): 8:36am On Oct 18, 2014
asalimpo:

you're a muslim,most likely.
You can never b objective on the isreal-palestine conflict.

from logical point of view, do u believe that Palestinian deserves what istreali is doing to them....what other justification does istreali have apart from the fairytale bible.

I am objective o religion and that is why I'm no longer a religious person.
religion promote violence
religion promote division and discrimination
religion allows cunning men to exploit gullible and narrow minded people.
promote create hatred and promote meritocracy through the promotion of bias ideas

The world could have been a better place without religion

1 Like

Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by asalimpo(m): 8:46am On Oct 18, 2014
abdulwastecx:

from logical point of view, do u believe that Palestinian deserves what istreali is doing to them....what other justification does istreali have apart from the fairytale bible.

I am objective o religion and that is why I'm no longer a religious person.
religion promote violence
religion promote division and discrimination
religion allows cunning men to exploit gullible and narrow minded people.
promote create hatred and promote meritocracy through the promotion of bias ideas

The world could have been a better place without religion
like i said ur viewpoint is biased by ur religious affiliations. I dont even follow wats going on there. Theyve been fightg since time immemorial.
One thing is certain though,palestines are aggressively militant. Isreal isnt on the offensive to oust palestine. If palestine are so innocent why dont they broker a truce and go home. Y the endless aggrssion.
It's more of one nation having superior fire power than the other,not about injustce cuz both are aggressing but one has a meaner punch.
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by abdulwastecx(m): 8:55am On Oct 18, 2014
asalimpo:

like i said ur viewpoint is biased by ur religious affiliations. I dont even follow wats going on there. Theyve been fightg since time immemorial.
One thing is certain though,palestines are aggressively militant. Isreal isnt on the offensive to oust palestine. If palestine are so innocent why dont they broker a truce and go home. Y the endless aggrssion.
It's more of one nation having superior fire power than the other,not about injustce cuz both are aggressing but one has a meaner punch.

How come you know who is more aggressive, militant of the two if you don't even follow what is going on is Gaza?

istreali lives on occupy territory of palestine, hence it is natural for Palestine to want their land back, but istreali a more powerful criminal with the help western countries has better stands and economy to fight off any Palestine aggressions.

I'm not taking side be the truth still remain religion is a tool for political agitation and personal gratifications....
Muslim are quilty, christians are quilty of using religion as a tool for domination and personal enrichment
Re: Don't Stop Giving Bribe, The Bible Supports It by dastranger(m): 9:01am On Oct 18, 2014
asalimpo:

Shior... like your own mind is cleaner abii ?

(1) (Reply)

Phoney Doctorates In The Church / Double Standards In The Church? / 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.