Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Sins Against The Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sins Against The Holy Spirit (993 Views)

7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / Examples Of Those Sins Against D Holy Ghost That Are Unforgiveable / Will God Really Count Our Thoughts As Sins Against Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sins Against The Holy Spirit by youngice(m): 7:13pm On Oct 16, 2014
please I am tired and confused and sad, I have this hole in my heart I feel with some "things" .
I heard something about sins towards the Holy spirit and about how they can't be forgiven .
-does this mean that salvation is not for every body , because if a sin can't be forgiven this implies that some people are destined to go to hell
- please what sin I classified as a sin against the holy spirit
- how can you know u have sinned against the holy spirit , because I've observed that nothing Christian really moves me again
Please mature CHRISTIAN COMMENTS ONLY
-----troubled Bros

1 Like

Re: Sins Against The Holy Spirit by esere826: 11:04pm On Oct 16, 2014
youngice:
please I am tired and confused and sad, I have this hole in my heart I feel with some "things" .
I heard something about sins towards the Holy spirit and about how they can't be forgiven .
-does this mean that salvation is not for every body , because if a sin can't be forgiven this implies that some people are destined to go to hell
- please what sin I classified as a sin against the holy spirit
- how can you know u have sinned against the holy spirit , because I've observed that nothing Christian really moves me again
Please mature CHRISTIAN COMMENTS ONLY
-----troubled Bros

Romans 8: 14 "For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" 16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,"

deep calls unto deep
spirit speaks to spirit
So now, can your spirit being of the Spirit blaspheme the Spirit?

fear not
and don't allow fear lead you into slavery unto wolves in sheep clothes
Re: Sins Against The Holy Spirit by youngice(m): 11:30pm On Oct 16, 2014
esere826:

Romans 8: 14 "For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" 16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,"

deep calls unto deep
spirit speaks to spirit
So now, can your spirit being of the Spirit blaspheme the Spirit?

fear not
and don't allow fear lead you into slavery unto wolves in sheep clothes
I don't get

1 Like

Re: Sins Against The Holy Spirit by esere826: 12:18am On Oct 17, 2014
youngice:
I don't get

I'll take of some of what I was trying to say and present the little bit

how can you know u have sinned against the holy spirit ?
if you have the spirit in you, u cant sin against him (at least permanently)
so need to bother yourself about what qualifies as unforgivable sins against him

I've observed that nothing Christian really moves me again?
it happens to many if not all xtians
for me, it is a sign to move on to higher revelations/understanding that moves me
its like you are excited when promoted to University from Sec School.
If you stay there longer than needed, you'll loose any excitement

These are the things he thought me when I had those two issues just like you now have

..best wishes

1 Like

Re: Sins Against The Holy Spirit by MightySparrow: 2:46am On Oct 17, 2014
4. For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5.And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6. If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. He. 6: 4 - 6

Before we became born again or know God we have sometimes spoken against God and against the Holy Spirit, This is called the time of ignorance.

'And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:' Acts 27: 30

If after you become born again you grow to become a matured Christian, one now backslide to such a point he cannot come back fulfilling the stages in the Hebrew passage above (God forbid), such a one is doomed. John called it sin unto death

If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. IJohn 5: 16.

But as long as your heart is still having a place for God, you are still pricked in your heart to repent, you have remorse for sinning, you are safe.
Re: Sins Against The Holy Spirit by youngice(m): 2:55am On Oct 17, 2014
thanks
esere826:

I'll take of some of what I was trying to say and present the little bit

if you have the spirit in you, u cant sin against him (at least permanently)
so need to bother yourself about what qualifies as unforgivable sins against him

it happens to many if not all xtians
for me, it is a sign to move on to higher revelations/understanding that moves me
its like you are excited when promoted to University from Sec School.
If you stay there longer than needed, you'll loose any excitement

These are the things he thought me when I had those two issues just like you now have

..best wishes

(1) (Reply)

The Dangers Of Religion In Todays World / How Tall Was Goliath? / Where Is The Garden Of Eden?? Puzzle Solved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.