Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan (40996 Views)

Breaking: Buhari Handsomely Rewards Eaglets For Wining Gold / I Cannot Take Credit For The Revival Of The Refineries - President Buhari / No President Resigns During War, Jonathan Tells APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 16, 2014
Wetin Jonah dey yarn nah?

2 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by BecaciaBarbie(f): 1:12am On Oct 17, 2014
Nothing works without God's help! He deserves the credits instead.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Babygal4eva(f): 1:18am On Oct 17, 2014
denedene:
I dedicate this to my governor for spending 1.4bn on ebola. surprisingly we had less dan 5 confirmed cases, I wonder if we had .more dan 10 cases. shuu we for go borrow from world bank so amaechi diz is for u

You know I won't be surprised if they actually spent that much.

after all they had to fly in professionals, plus bribe police people to keep the peace, plus isolating the people that that came in contact with the patients, plus feed the isolated people, plus hire people to care for them which would have cost much cause who wan die for nothing .

Then buying disinfectant for all the places the victims went to, and oh I forgot contact tracing too.

And the I dunno what it is called, the protective gear that the doctors and nurses put on etc so it is possible cause many factors come into play.

That said I completely thank the two govs they tried abeg while this Ebola thing was going on was Jonathan even in the country? His family went on an extended vacation and then he comes and spews arrant rubbish saying that no gov should be praised mtshew. If I believed that my vote actually mattered I would help in pushing this gorilla out of office.

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 3:29am On Oct 17, 2014
That's the fact joo!
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by 76Naira(m): 3:30am On Oct 17, 2014
Be Prepared!
Stop the bickering.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Anas4sure(m): 3:38am On Oct 17, 2014
kurt09:
Nigeria’s President, Goodluck Jonathan, on Thursday said neither he nor any governor in the country can claim the credit for winning the war against Ebola.
Rivers and Lagos are the two Nigerian states hit by the Ebola outbreak.
The federal government said the two states are now free of the deadly virus.
According to Mr. Jonathan, the government could not have succeeded in ridding the country of Ebola virus without the cooperation of the Nigerian masses.
The President said these at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, during the launch of Elumelu Nigeria Empowerment Fund, ENEF, to support victims of terrorism in the country’s North-east zone.
He used the occasion to thank Nigerians for buying into the Ebola campaign, saying that no government could have performed magic to rid the county of the deadly virus without the peoples’ support.
Mr. Jonathan, however, commended Nigerians for following the health guidelines set out by government, some of which was a departure from the norm.
He said, “When government said we must be mindful of gatherings, of handshakes and that we should not move corpse unnecessarily,” Nigerians heeded the advice.
He noted that even churches that he thought would resist the directive by still using a single cup to serve the Holy Communion to its members suspended the practice during the Ebola war.
Continuing, he said, “Nigerians became mindful. Friends stopped embracing themselves saying until we get out of Ebola.
“So it (Ebola campaign) had the buy-in of the populace and that is why we succeeded so fast otherwise we couldn’t have.
“There is no magic government could have used to solve that problem. No President or state governor will claim any credit. The credit should go to the ordinary Nigerians for the cooperation and their buy-in,” Mr. Jonathan said.
By his comment, the President appears to be reacting to remarks by top members of the All Progressives Congress, APC, including Governors Babatunde Fasola of Lagos State and Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, who have said the Federal Government did very little to contend the deadly virus and should therefore not claim credit for winning the war.
While speaking at the formal declaration of a former Head of State, Muhamadu Buhari, for the APC’s presidential ticket at the Eagle Square, Abuja, on Wednesday, Mr. Amaechi, said Nigeria’s flaunted success in the fight against Ebola is a fallacy.
He insisted that the Rivers State Government spent a whopping N1.4billion to stop the outbreak of the disease.
He faulted claims by Mr. Jonathan’s ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, that the Federal Government successfully contained the outbreak.
He said, “I hear PDP and Mr. President claiming the glory of having fought Ebola. I asked one simple question: Rivers state government spent 1,406 billion to fight Ebola, the Federal Government brought N200m just last week. If we were waiting for that N200m, Ebola would have spread round Rivers State,” he said.
He said his colleague, Mr.Fashola, was also “fully in charge of the Ebola drive in his state”.
Further deriding the Federal Government, Mr. Amaechi said “Apart from announcing the number of patients, what did the Federal Government do for us? So, why did they politicise Ebola.”
Meanwhile, Mr. Jonathan said the Federal Government has made a donation of N250 million to the ENEF, saying that the government will continue ‎its sustained security operations to eliminate insurgency and restore law and order in the country.
Mr. Jonathan noted that the prolonged case of insurgency in the zone has led to the displacement of the population, destruction of infrastructure and the collapse of the economy in the area.
The rehabilitation of communities affected by the crisis, the President said, would require not only government’s intervention but also that of the private sector.
“I have realized over time that government alone cannot solve human problems. https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/169630-no-governor-can-take-credit-for-wining-ebola-war-jonathan.html
.GEJ no ft deceive me all i no b say GMB 4 2015

5 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by pashaun(f): 3:38am On Oct 17, 2014
Ebola is a man-made virus bioengineered in American laboratories.

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Atmmachine(m): 3:42am On Oct 17, 2014
# Story for the gods.

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by femmy2010(m): 3:52am On Oct 17, 2014
WIZGUY69:
[size=48]credit should be given to the governors of the states that curb Ebola. I disagree with jona. on this.[/size]

Lagos state government never took credit for the curbing of Ebola but clearly stated that the health workers solely deserve such a credit and i very well agree with this assertion

8 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 3:54am On Oct 17, 2014
arresa:
Exactly did this daft and incompetent man did to curb Ebola in Nigeria?

The useless man lied to us back in April that the FG was ready for ebola with ebola vaccine that doesn't exist, they let Sawyer into Nigeria with ebola, Lagos state funded the whole effort in Lagos with Lagos taxpayers money while the clowns were running around lying about releasing N200 million that didn't show us till the whole thing was over.

Ebola entered Nigeria in July and the daft I don't give a damn worthless loser didn't release the money till September, that was months after the Lagos state house of assembly released money for Fashola to build isolation units and fight ebola which he did successfully..

Just like Amaechi said, If we were waiting for that N200 million, Ebola would have spread all over the country.

This worthless and incompetent clown really need to STFU sometimes..

If u had respect For your own father, u won't go as far as calling someone else's father a useless man, worst of all, a sitting president. You probably have a poor home training and mentoring from useless parents. I rest my case.

@ seun and his incompetent moderators, if u keep allowing little kids to use this platform as an avenue for insulting and maligning leaders and public officials, then you can be rest assured that you have a case to answer with the security agencies very soon.

13 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by bunmioguns(m): 3:55am On Oct 17, 2014
Must this come out from our number one citizen all because the governors involved are opposition...

I now believe that it is clown we have as President

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 3:55am On Oct 17, 2014
1.4B to fight ebola in river state? Can any apc's " dengerous mumu" defend this? I prefer SAVOUR jonathan (peace be opon him) to milk nigeria dry and rundown the govt including selling the country for a pair of shoe than allowing a renowned islamist,satanist, killer aka buhari (he will die ontop if an old woman next year)to rule. GEJ till the oil in the niger delta dries up!

4 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:58am On Oct 17, 2014
undecided
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by 2mNaira: 4:00am On Oct 17, 2014
mobuch:

If u had respect For your own father, u won't go as far as calling someone else's father a useless man, worst of all, a sitting president. You probably have a poor home training and mentoring from useless parents. I rest my case.
by calling his parents useless u became guity of d same offence.U became same as him.

5 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by BigBossMan(m): 4:02am On Oct 17, 2014
[size=18pt]MR PRESIDENT IS RIGHT! THE CREDIT SHOULD GO TO LIE-BARAN MAKU FOR PURCHASING THE MUCH NEEDED NON-EXISTENT EBOLA VACCINE[/size]

2 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 4:04am On Oct 17, 2014
mnairaland:

by calling his parents useless u became guity of d same offence.U became same as him.

My friend concentrate on your books and pass your exam, cos I can see that's y u r awake. I wasn't talking to you, so don't let me insult u or the sexxual equipments that catapulted you into this planet.

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by deletrue: 4:05am On Oct 17, 2014
egift:
Jonathan is trying very hard to reap where he did not sow. What a shame. Since there is nothing to support his interest, he is asking for neutrality as if Ebola just walked away on its own.

This Clueless Leadership must be voted out.
When the Islamist extremists like Buhari, Atiku, the north east governors who are members of most violent religion on earth and others who allowed and supported boko haram to kill, destroy etc are all blaming GEJ saying FG is doing damn too little on security. Meaning, if Ebola had not been stopped, the useless Amaechi, Fashola and all apc members would have blame GEJ but now that there is success in the control Ebola desease, GEJ cannot be praised. If the reverse was the case, those same apc propagandas would have turn round and blame GEJ. Tifiakwa. GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by cyzor(f): 4:06am On Oct 17, 2014
Well, as long as Ebola has been contained, I don't care who did wat or who spent how much. They should spare us all these noise making Abeg. They did their jobs and expect us to roll out drums for them.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:07am On Oct 17, 2014
Chubhie:
You will notice a pattern- that all APC crew will never bother to question what Amaechi did with such amount. Even if he Rote claims 200$ billion he's politically covered as a progressive. I must say that we as a people are not yet ready for the change we needed.
What APC members want is power not good governance, they are only good in opening their big mouths to criticize GEJ and PDP. The worst party in Nigerian history, no wonder Fayemi a governor under APC set a record to be the first sitting governor to lose an election in all the local government area of a state. 16-0.

4 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by herbeytv(m): 4:07am On Oct 17, 2014
What's the prize ? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Billions of Dollars?
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by FactorVIII: 4:16am On Oct 17, 2014
WIZGUY69:
[size=48]credit should be given to the governors of the states that curb Ebola. I disagree with jona. on this.[/size]
Ebola in Lagos was curbed mainly by the efforts of 'Community Health Department, College of Medicine of the University of Lagos' ..that is a federal institution.
The virus Sample was confirmed at the Chevron
research Laboratory at LUTH by Professor Omilabu (my lecturer)...another Federal institution.
Lagos State played her part but it was more of a Federal thing.

4 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by brainpower(m): 4:19am On Oct 17, 2014
Well as a Rivers State indegene, the major thing that picked my interest was the tactical way my governor used to inform us that if we are ever looking for our 1.4billion, that he used it to stop ebola. Knowing how prices are inflated in this country and knowing how bad the ebola virus was, it means I can boldly say fashola spent over 5billion naira to stop ebola. But as usual, the average nairalander will not ask these questions, all they can only do is to abuse each other here. Anyway, we in Rivers state know that ebola was blown out of proportion in the state just for personal gain. I pity this country.

5 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 4:24am On Oct 17, 2014
arresa:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1738851_fayose_jpegb211493aabf610066561da88d49da3a8

Ekiti people don suffer I swear... grin grin
He's the only Governor with swag grin

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Networkingprof: 4:24am On Oct 17, 2014
God who see us through 'the wind of plague' should rather be praised. Please learn more about health benefits of vemma. www.netmax.vemma.com
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by rozayx5(m): 4:27am On Oct 17, 2014
Chubhie:
You will notice a pattern- that all APC crew will never bother to question what Amaechi did with such amount. Even if he Rote claims 200$ billion he's politically covered as a progressive. I must say that we as a people are not yet ready for the change we needed.

egift, gbawe, berem, will turn a blind eye to that

4 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Abduloshio: 4:44am On Oct 17, 2014
GEJ I partially agreed with you on the aspect you did not do enough to fight ebola! Yes you and your TAN were busy organising crowd to support your mission in various state. Even when your government pretend to be shouting that Nigeria should avoid crowd.

3 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Disclaimer: 4:49am On Oct 17, 2014
Give credit to em ALL PATHETIC CLOWNS (APC)
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 4:51am On Oct 17, 2014
egift:
Jonathan is trying very hard to reap where he did not sow. What a shame. Since there is nothing to support his interest, he is asking for neutrality as if Ebola just walked away on its own.

Typical yoruba and negativity. Don't ask me how I know you are a Yoruba...that's your Modus Operandi and we all know it now. You think North, SS and SE take you people seriously. SS have seen you people for what you are from how you disrespect our president and son. How you people disrespect President Jonathan is beyond belief. Don't think any ethnic group disrespected Obasanjo in this manner. Good yorubas should ignore this statement above...meant for some of you that exhibit this negativity behavior which is becoming endemic with younger generation of yorubas...sheer negavity in everything. If you reply this post in attack, then you belong to this category.

Now to the nitty gritty, Federal goverment under a functioning minister, Dr. Onyebuchi spearheaded the fight against this ebola epidemic. As usual, SW and APC will come on here and cry...Fashola this, Fashola that...very shameless people. Wasn't the same Fashola and Lagos that refused the magic Nano Silver? Talk to me people...this is a factual statement. Until he was forced by the federal government that if he doesn't allow them into Lagos using "National Security threat" clause in the constitution...read the constitution people it's in there; Ebola became a "national security threat" and federal government was ready to declare state of emergency on Lagos and force Fashola out in handcuffs to protect the lives of its citizens required by law...you think this is a joke. The media has been hiding this. Until Federal government went into Lagos did Ebola disappeared because they had intelligence on the cure. Otherwise, Fashola, APC, SW were willing to play politics with innocent people, including gullible yorubas and let people die. Federal government as Jonathan stated are present in Lagos and Rivers nibbling this virus except Rivers is not making propaganda of it. All monies expended by Lagos state during the infancy of Ebola when it was not a " national security threat" have been refunded back to it. Let's get the facts right and give credit to whom it it due to.

Wake up people. Jonathan handling of Ebola, is the biggest achievement of any government in the history Nigeria. This thing would have killed thousands, leave people paranoid, paralyzed our economy and throw this country into unimaginable chaos. I was a staunch Buhari supporter and voted for him but today I have changed my mind. Jonathan till 2023 with option to extend it to 2031.

16 Likes

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by alaladakosta(f): 4:51am On Oct 17, 2014
Ok,

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by henryobinna(m): 4:52am On Oct 17, 2014
egift:

Mr man what are you eben saying?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Throwback Photo: Governor Amaechi When He Was A Nobody / ‘free El-zakzaky’, Indians Protest At Nigerian Embassy (photos) / Ibrahim El-Zakzaky Leaves Kaduna For Abuja After His Release (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.