Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan (40999 Views)

Breaking: Buhari Handsomely Rewards Eaglets For Wining Gold / I Cannot Take Credit For The Revival Of The Refineries - President Buhari / No President Resigns During War, Jonathan Tells APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by ElFenomeno1: 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
Jonathan Dumbfu...ck...launching submliminals from the side of his mouth!
Ode president.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by piagetskinner(m): 1:02pm On Oct 17, 2014
israel007:

Oh lawd. And I thought I was replying a sensible person who understood English!

Dude go and meet someone to explain that statement to you.

What a waste!

Just to help you: that statement means useless people are better than Suswan. Then again, I just realise ur iq level and I feel ashamed to have indulged you.
Heard! Now run along
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Code213: 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
anonimi:

Is it that Premium Times have problems with understanding English or they were simply being MISCHIEVOUS.
Jonathan clearly said no one but ALL the people of Nigeria should take credit for the success.

Yet many commentators (like the ones below) have run their mouth without having ANY real clue about what our president said shocked

Mazi, did u quote me, only to say I was running my mouth? I read d full article, and reacted 2 wot I read. And my response wasn't out of context. Read thru d article again.

U said I was running my mouth? U used those ur filthy leprous fingers to type that rubbish? Do u have maggots feasting on ur brain? Don't feel excited am responding 2 u, I just want 2 warn u neva 2 quote me phoolishly again. Keep ur stench to yourself. Jerk-off.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Coldfeet(f): 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2014
aljharem2:

So it was APC lead government that stopped ebola ?

Are you in Nigeria at all ?

Certainly GEJ cannot take credit for it because it was Nigerians and not Fashola or GEJ that stopped Ebola.

Even conductor dey carry sanitizers, do you think that is Fashola's doing ?
Help me ask am o! like say na Fashola and Rotimi buy sanitizer for me. Jonathan is right on this one! No single person can lay claim to have fought this ebola war,Nigerians did it all by themselves.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Explicit01: 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
I won't hesitate to laugh @ any of the parties that end up loosing.

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by anonimi: 1:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
Code213:

Mazi, did u quote me, only to say I was running my mouth? I read d full article, and reacted 2 wot I read. And my response wasn't out of context. Read thru d article again.

U said I was running my mouth? U used those ur filthy leprous fingers to type that rubbish? Do u have maggots feasting on ur brain? Don't feel excited am responding 2 u, I just want 2 warn u neva 2 quote me phoolishly again. Keep ur stench to yourself. Jerk-off.

Perhaps rather than foaming endlessly in the mouth, you may wish to revisit what you posted and I quoted =>

Rather than drag bragging ryts with small small boys like Amaechi n Fashola
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
tete7000:

21 "Under three things the earth trembles,
under four it cannot bear up:
22 a servant who becomes king,
a godless fool who gets plenty to eat, (Proverbs 30: 21-22)
if you can, meditate on those bible passages. Not all kings worth it. I am not bothered with not being a Governor. My achievements in life are lofty and noble.

Now you're quoting the bible to support your silly position; with a deluded old fool! you've achieved nothing and never will, those who have achieved much do not blab in social media of their achievements.

let me rewrite our bone of contention; you insulted Amaechi coz he had third class and i'm saying you should shut up that third class has no effect on your would-be personality

bringing the Bible to support your failed position shows how frail your mentality is.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by tolustx(m): 1:33pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nigerians, politics and antagonists. Can't we jst let some things be? Must we always criticize? Chai !!!
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Code213: 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
anonimi:

Perhaps rather than foaming endlessly in the mouth, you may wish to revisit what you posted and I quoted =>

Shut up you phool!! I instructed you to go and read the article again. Have u done that? undecided
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by anonimi: 1:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
Code213:

Shut up you phool!! I instructed you to go and read the article again. Have u done that? undecided

Looks like you are a really stubborn ____________ (fill the gap.)

This was the OP:

Nigeria’s President, Goodluck Jonathan, on Thursday said neither he nor any governor in the country can claim the credit for winning the war against Ebola.
Rivers and Lagos are the two Nigerian states hit by the Ebola outbreak.
The federal government said the two states are now free of the deadly virus.
According to Mr. Jonathan, the government could not have succeeded in ridding the country of Ebola virus without the cooperation of the Nigerian masses.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by arresa: 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
[s]
temitemi1:
U called him thug thanks to that bt I will like to remind u that dis his second term he will be rulling ekiti state which is known to be one of d most educated state in Nigeria. If truely dis guy is a thug as u said I think u sud pray to God to give ur entire genEration such thug!!
[/s]

Keep your ignorant and unintelligent nonsense to yourself...
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by cashful(m): 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
If this had happened in the U.S for instance, is it not Pres.Obama administration that would receive the credit?

Yes the doctors who had direct contact with the Ebola victims are the true heroes of the victory against the spread of the virus.

Nigerians who also heeded the call to cooperate with government agencies are to be commended too.

Whichever way it was a collective effort, and the outside world will definitely give credit to the fg for this achievement.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Code213: 2:12pm On Oct 17, 2014
anonimi:

Looks like you are a really stubborn ____________ (fill the gap.)

This was the OP:

Smh!! Do u have a comprehension problem? I didn't ask u to piecemeal it! Read/Quote the whole damn article. Read thru it carefully, and don't bother replying or getting bk 2 me. Keep ur findings 2 urself. U seem 2 be enjoying the attention, and it's irritating.
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by arresa: 2:20pm On Oct 17, 2014
oyebanji:
One impressive thing about this whole thing was Lagos State governor's response as to who should take the credit on Ebola fight in Nigeria. He did not even claim the credit for his state rather he gave the credit to the health workers whose selflessness saved us from extermination and to the Nigerian people for cooperating.

I think the presidency should always take the path decency in public communication...

The thin is, this president is the most petty and grossly incompetent joker around.

1. Ebola arrived in Nigeria in July and the Lagos state house of assembly released funds to fight ebola in not time and Fashola swung into action by ordering ebola fighting gadgets, equipment and built isolation centers immediately.

2. The useless president promised to release N200 million and the money didn't arrive till after it was all over.

Now, is this a credible, competent and responsible president and FG? We are talking about a National emergency here..

We are lucky the Lagos state and PH governments didn't drag their feet or rely on the worthless people in Abuja clowns for anything before swinging into action.

We are also lucky it happened in states where they have responsible, proactive and take charge leaders...

And the same useless people lied to us back in April that Nigeria was ready for ebola and that they have ebola vaccine that doesn't exist..

There is a place in hell for these clowns for real...

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by unclejb2(m): 2:33pm On Oct 17, 2014
arresa:
Exactly did this daft and incompetent man did to curb Ebola in Nigeria?

The useless man lied to us back in April that the FG was ready for ebola with ebola vaccine that doesn't exist, they let Sawyer into Nigeria with ebola, Lagos state funded the whole effort in Lagos with Lagos taxpayers money while the clowns were running around lying about releasing N200 million that didn't show us till the whole thing was over.

Ebola entered Nigeria in July and the daft I don't give a damn worthless loser didn't release the money till September, that was months after the Lagos state house of assembly released money for Fashola to build isolation units and fight ebola which he did successfully..

Just like Amaechi said, If we were waiting for that N200 million, Ebola would have spread all over the country.

This worthless and incompetent clown really need to STFU sometimes..

stay here on NL and be talking trash full of hatred. I have come to see that most people in the Nigerian opposition think that opposition is all about bitterness and hatred. Instead of our raising our collective voice to support the govt and also critisize them constructively, all they do is rain abuses and insults. I strongly believe that u heavily abuse ur parents at home too.

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Pamcrest(f): 2:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
egift:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-7yWubHx6zh0/U-duNUw42XI/AAAAAAADUY0/MfQIccMoLFs/s1600/_new_Tw_rail_img.png[/img]

Why are you asking Jonathan to embark on a "suicide" mission? There are many Governors far better than Jonathan in Nigeria. He is yet to perform better than them, you are asking for his disgrace.

Look at the picture and see his position at the wold stage grin grin grin

U are a very bad boy, I swear..... grin grin

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by exoticchine(m): 2:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
egift:
Jonathan is trying very hard to reap where he did not sow. What a shame. Since there is nothing to support his interest, he is asking for neutrality as if Ebola just walked away on its own.

This Clueless Leadership must be voted out.

Listen young man, the president is not claiming any glory for the eradication of ebola from this country, he his appreciating the masses for their humble obedience to the instruction given to them by the ministry of health and WHO, he believe that without the support and cooperation of the masses the virus wouldn't have been eradicated now. So young man, learn how to read. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by ifekemmie(f): 2:55pm On Oct 17, 2014
credit should be given to the governors of the states that curb Ebola. I disagree with jona. on this.

Dnt mind him jare, if na pdp states, trust he will praise n celebrate dem. Gej wil even give dem more dan dey demand for. Our president is behaving like someone dat is not mature enof, giving dem credit wil not reduce him now. Nigeria politics playing by cats n rats!

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by DaBullIT(m): 3:12pm On Oct 17, 2014
aljharem2:

So it was APC lead government that stopped ebola ?

Are you in Nigeria at all ?

Certainly GEJ cannot take credit for it because it was Nigerians and not Fashola or GEJ that stopped Ebola.

Even conductor dey carry sanitizers, do you think that is Fashola's doing ?

Bros, no vex o, all that 1.9 Billion naira worth of Hand sanitizes , them carry reach your house / them buy silver nano , he reach your side / i doubt am, as Jona know say na share them share the money, na im make he no wan claim say na him curb Ebola ,

In other News, i know of a governor who paid for jingles on radio and TV educating people about Ebola and how not prevent / avoid it , even the Osun osogbo festival people were thorougly screened / prevented from Entering the state .

It wasn't fashola , but it was an APC governor , my point being, if your juju sure for you , you go carry knack head
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by DaBullIT(m): 3:17pm On Oct 17, 2014
pashaun:
Ebola is a man-made virus bioengineered in American laboratories.

Yes. we know , what else is new
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by DaBullIT(m): 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
mobuch:

If u had respect For your own father, u won't go as far as calling someone else's father a useless man, worst of all, a sitting president. You probably have a poor home training and mentoring from useless parents. I rest my case.

@ seun and his incompetent moderators, if u keep allowing little kids to use this platform as an avenue for insulting and maligning leaders and public officials, then you can be rest assured that you have a case to answer with the security agencies very soon.

[size=22pt]Bla bla bla , na your papa them yab // abi why you come take am personal now .. Yoruba say if elderly man ties corn to his waist , he's become a comedian for the chickens , Yoruba said , if they say your intestine too long, carry am keep or hide and Yoruba come say , Someone translate Agbalagba kii se langba langba for me ..

Whatever names Jona is called, he must have deserved it , afterall people called OBJ a monkey and the late president a sickler , sow your cloth where he tear , except of course if it's Jona that paid for your data security agency koor unsecure agent ni [/size]

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by arresa: 3:31pm On Oct 17, 2014
[s]
unclejb2:
stay here on NL and be talking trash full of hatred. I have come to see that most people in the Nigerian opposition think that opposition is all about bitterness and hatred. Instead of our raising our collective voice to support the govt and also critisize them constructively, all they do is rain abuses and insults. I strongly believe that u heavily abuse ur parents at home too.
[/s]

Senseless and unintelligent nonsense like yours bore me..
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by chinwike2(m): 3:44pm On Oct 17, 2014
businesslawyer:
and how much per kilo is FG doing Lagos Ibadan Expressway?
dont compare lagos-ibadan with internal roads because it is a madacam road, i know this because am a civil engineer
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
DaBullIT:

[size=22pt]Bla bla bla , na your papa them yab // abi why you come take am personal now .. Yoruba say if elderly man ties corn to his waist , he's become a comedian for the chickens , Yoruba said , if they say your intestine too long, carry am keep or hide and Yoruba come say , Someone translate Agbalagba kii se langba langba for me ..

Whatever names Jona is called, he must have deserved it , afterall people called OBJ a monkey and the late president a sickler , sow your cloth where he tear , except of course if it's Jona that paid for your data security agency koor unsecure agent ni [/size]

Rubbish
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by jpphilips(m): 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2014
Mr President, you wouldn't have had Ebola in the first place if Prof Onyebuchi chukwu your health Minister was not dumb, why should I care who took the glory in eradicating it?
You may ask other countries closest to the epicenter of the disease why they didn't get it. you are just dumb personified

1 Like

Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
Code213:
Now, this is embarrassing for a President! Rather than drag bragging ryts with small small boys like Amaechi n Fashola, he should find his voice at the World stage among the likes of Putin, Merkel, Obama etc

N/B: What exactly did Rotimi Amaechi do with 1.4 billion naira? undecided
Amaechi is wasteful I swear! Too wasteful for my liking.

Hi
When you talk about who GEJ should compete with, set realistic targets please

Nigeria currently ranks 187/190 in the world with regards to health...I think ahead of C.A.R and two others
Our indices are sooo bad on health, per capita income, employment, every thing
Then we rank high on being religious lipsrsealed

This religion issue is not on our native ways of belief o....
Hence it is not surprising that we are doing it wrongly, selfishfy, embarrassingly

Back to topic, compare him with the presidents of Ghana, Egypt, Botwana, even Uganda......
He would still fare below them...these countries are all better than us, healthwise
SMH

(This is not a campaign for anybody or against the Nigerian president..
It is just what it is...a horrible picture that must be painted)
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by loifez(f): 5:01pm On Oct 17, 2014
No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan.......No Governor is taking credit, my darling bobo fasho only took the shine off PDP when they started using it to campaign as one of their "achievements"....and it worked!!!
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by informatix: 5:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
egift:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-7yWubHx6zh0/U-duNUw42XI/AAAAAAADUY0/MfQIccMoLFs/s1600/_new_Tw_rail_img.png[/img]

Why are you asking Jonathan to embark on a "suicide" mission? There are many Governors far better than Jonathan in Nigeria. He is yet to perform better than them, you are asking for his disgrace.

Look at the picture and see his position at the wold stage grin grin grin
[size=14pt]if I see for ojuelebga under bridge I will dealwith you personally cas you are a funny Man. grin grin[/size]
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by pashaun(f): 5:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
DaBullIT:

Yes. we know , what else is new

Hmmm.. just don't get vaccinated
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by suremanpatriot: 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
kurt09:
Nigeria’s President, Goodluck Jonathan, on Thursday said neither he nor any governor in the country can claim the credit for winning the war against Ebola.
Rivers and Lagos are the two Nigerian states hit by the Ebola outbreak.
The federal government said the two states are now free of the deadly virus.
According to Mr. Jonathan, the government could not have succeeded in ridding the country of Ebola virus without the cooperation of the Nigerian masses.
The President said these at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, during the launch of Elumelu Nigeria Empowerment Fund, ENEF, to support victims of terrorism in the country’s North-east zone.
He used the occasion to thank Nigerians for buying into the Ebola campaign, saying that no government could have performed magic to rid the county of the deadly virus without the peoples’ support.
Mr. Jonathan, however, commended Nigerians for following the health guidelines set out by government, some of which was a departure from the norm.
He said, “When government said we must be mindful of gatherings, of handshakes and that we should not move corpse unnecessarily,” Nigerians heeded the advice.
He noted that even churches that he thought would resist the directive by still using a single cup to serve the Holy Communion to its members suspended the practice during the Ebola war.
Continuing, he said, “Nigerians became mindful. Friends stopped embracing themselves saying until we get out of Ebola.
“So it (Ebola campaign) had the buy-in of the populace and that is why we succeeded so fast otherwise we couldn’t have.
“There is no magic government could have used to solve that problem. No President or state governor will claim any credit. The credit should go to the ordinary Nigerians for the cooperation and their buy-in,” Mr. Jonathan said.
By his comment, the President appears to be reacting to remarks by top members of the All Progressives Congress, APC, including Governors Babatunde Fasola of Lagos State and Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, who have said the Federal Government did very little to contend the deadly virus and should therefore not claim credit for winning the war.
While speaking at the formal declaration of a former Head of State, Muhamadu Buhari, for the APC’s presidential ticket at the Eagle Square, Abuja, on Wednesday, Mr. Amaechi, said Nigeria’s flaunted success in the fight against Ebola is a fallacy.
He insisted that the Rivers State Government spent a whopping N1.4billion to stop the outbreak of the disease.
He faulted claims by Mr. Jonathan’s ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, that the Federal Government successfully contained the outbreak.
He said, “I hear PDP and Mr. President claiming the glory of having fought Ebola. I asked one simple question: Rivers state government spent 1,406 billion to fight Ebola, the Federal Government brought N200m just last week. If we were waiting for that N200m, Ebola would have spread round Rivers State,” he said.
He said his colleague, Mr.Fashola, was also “fully in charge of the Ebola drive in his state”.
Further deriding the Federal Government, Mr. Amaechi said “Apart from announcing the number of patients, what did the Federal Government do for us? So, why did they politicise Ebola.”
Meanwhile, Mr. Jonathan said the Federal Government has made a donation of N250 million to the ENEF, saying that the government will continue ‎its sustained security operations to eliminate insurgency and restore law and order in the country.
Mr. Jonathan noted that the prolonged case of insurgency in the zone has led to the displacement of the population, destruction of infrastructure and the collapse of the economy in the area.
The rehabilitation of communities affected by the crisis, the President said, would require not only government’s intervention but also that of the private sector.
“I have realized over time that government alone cannot solve human problems. https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/169630-no-governor-can-take-credit-for-wining-ebola-war-jonathan.html

...except centre of excellence where it was defeated by excellency govnor grin grin grin
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by suremanpatriot: 5:20pm On Oct 17, 2014
loifez:
No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan.......No Governor is taking credit, my darling bobo fasho only took the shine off PDP when they started using it to campaign as one of their "achievements"....and it worked!!!
...give kudos to those that deserves it. Lagos defeated it with God cheesy
kudos to our excellency govnor BRF grin grin
That is to say we lov you!!
Re: No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan by Code213: 5:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
milychocs:

Hi
When you talk about who GEJ should compete with, set realistic targets please

Nigeria currently ranks 187/190 in the world with regards to health...I think ahead of C.A.R and two others
Our indices are sooo bad on health, per capita income, employment, every thing
Then we rank high on being religious lipsrsealed

This religion issue is not on our native ways of belief o....
Hence it is not surprising that we are doing it wrongly, selfishfy, embarrassingly

Back to topic, compare him with the presidents of Ghana, Egypt, Botwana, even Uganda......
He would still fare below them...these countries are all better than us, healthwise
SMH

(This is not a campaign for anybody or against the Nigerian president..
It is just what it is...a horrible picture that must be painted)

cheesy I like your style dear. You serve it cold. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wikipedia Updates Orubebe’s Profile Over Attempted Poll Disruprion / Amaechi, Minister Of Transport Arrives Port-Harcourt - Photos / Dangote, Otedola And Elumelu Meet Theresa May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.