Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,395 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls (1595 Views)

Advise Pls From Southafrica / Canada Permanent Resident Card, Advise Pls / Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls by undisputed25(m): 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2014
hi naira people pls am a graduate that would go for service probably february next year but while waiting I saw a means of travelling... But I have passion to have masters and I was told without NYSC certificate I can't go for masters .
Pls how true is this statement pls advise which one to choose
Re: Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls by Priceless24(f): 10:25pm On Oct 16, 2014
undisputed25:
hi naira people pls am a graduate that would go for service probably february next year but while waiting I saw a means of travelling... But I have passion to have masters and I was told without NYSC certificate I can't go for masters .

Wrong, you can go for your masters without an NYSC certificate, it doesn't mean anything to most international schools.

Whether to travel or go for your masters is entirely your choice, you need to think about which option is more important to you at this point. Look at the points in favour of each option and weigh them e.g for the masters, will you have the opportunity to travel after your NYSC? If not, NYSC is not running away. For the NYSC, what are your options after NYSC? If you go for your masters will you still have those options when you return?

Just my humble opinion, it's your life and only you can choose which path to tread

2 Likes

Re: Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls by undisputed25(m): 5:47am On Oct 17, 2014
Priceless24:

Wrong, you can go for your masters without an NYSC certificate, it doesn't mean anything to most international schools.

Whether to travel or go for your masters is entirely your choice, you need to think about which option is more important to you at this point. Look at the points in favour of each option and weigh them e.g for the masters, will you have the opportunity to travel after your NYSC? If not, NYSC is not running away. For the NYSC, what are your options after NYSC? If you go for your masters will you still have those options when you return?

Just my humble opinion, it's your life and only you can choose which path to tread

Am very gratefu sir for this answer... The chances might not be their again when I come am a female and and I love to have masters in future but everything just happened yesterday when a friend told me that without NYSC certificate I can't have my masters in nigeria so that was what made me confused
Am very grateful
Re: Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 17, 2014
undisputed25:
hi naira people pls am a graduate that would go for service probably february next year but while waiting I saw a means of travelling ... But I have passion to have masters and I was told without NYSC certificate I can't go for masters .

What means is that?

2 Likes

Re: Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls by undisputed25(m): 8:05am On Oct 17, 2014
Phema:

What means is that?

I mean an opportunity to travel and already I have seen a job in that country ..just some few days to decide thanks for ur concern
Re: Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls by Priceless24(f): 11:33am On Oct 17, 2014
undisputed25:

Am very gratefu sir for this answer... The chances might not be their again when I come am a female and and I love to have masters in future but everything just happened yesterday when a friend told me that without NYSC certificate I can't have my masters in nigeria so that was what made me confused
Am very grateful

If it's in Nigeria, then I dunno about the NYSC requirement.
Re: Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls by JewelStone(f): 12:49pm On Oct 17, 2014
Do your NYSC first.

I always advice people to get some job experience first before getting a Master's degree. Without ANY job experience, you'll likely be on the same level with BSC holders after your degree, in terms of job search.

Also, do a lot of research on the country/city you're travelling to. Not all that glitters is gold.
Re: Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls by bebe2(f): 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2014
undisputed25:

I mean an opportunity to travel and already I have seen a job in that country ..just some few days to decide thanks for ur concern

U have a job in the country u r yet to arrive?

Ok, just be careful . Dnt give anyone money or anything else.

Good luck.
Re: Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2014
undisputed25:

Am very grateful
graduate...chai.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
ferdimako:

graduate...chai.
cheesy
Re: Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls by destante(f): 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
I jes know you can do your masters without the Nysc certificate. If you have an opportunity to travel, pls make use of it.
Re: Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
ferdimako:

graduate...chai.
I no fit shout my guy..
Re: Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls by justwise(m): 7:11am On Oct 19, 2014
undisputed25:

Seen a job or you have applied and given a job?

1 Like

Re: Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls by undisputed25(m): 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
thank you all for your comment... @ just wise yes I have applied and I have been interviewed on skype and it was successful. The only thing that caused dilemma was that masters pls any advise the place is dubai

For those commenting graduate ...chai pls correct me if I have made mistake thanks
Re: Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls by undisputed25(m): 1:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
justwise:

justwise:

justwise:

Re: Travel Or NYSC Pls Advise... Pls by justwise(m): 1:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
undisputed25:
thank you all for your comment... @ just wise yes I have applied and I have been interviewed on skype and it was successful. The only thing that caused dilemma was that masters pls any advise the place is dubai

For those commenting graduate ...chai pls correct me if I have made mistake thanks

If this is about Dubai then ask the question here https://www.nairaland.com/1190697/qatar-uae-general-visa-enquiries/306

Be careful and don't get scammed because few Nairalanders viewing that thread are dubious visa agents. Ask your question openly there and avoid private message with anybody.

(1) (Reply)

Panoramic View Of Ibadan From The Top Of Cocoa House / Nigerian Lady Recounts Her Ordeal On Landing In Mozambique / I Never Knew Kenya Is A Extraordinary Beautiful Place To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.