Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,048 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria (8225 Views)

She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts / Most Uncommon (or Weird) Singular Words In English By Bracha Rubin / You Want To Study Abroad: Free Education In Europe And South America ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by timawoku(m): 6:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
hifaif:

What is wrong with 'Corps member'? There is nothing wrong with it. It is correct.
smh slowly for my self, I was wrong!
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by bangalee1(m): 7:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
ednut1:
am yoruba by tribe. what i noticed during service was dat majority of d yoruba corpers not based in lagos. cud not speak or write well. big disgrace. as expected this foolish corper is a Yoruba. must have attended olorieja community secondary school. crap
so any yoruba that doesn't stay in lag is an illiterate, you are a disgrace to our tribe ( if na ibo or hausa talk this e go be like tribalism )

2 Likes

Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by Isiterere(m): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
ednut1:
am yoruba by tribe. what i noticed during service was dat majority of d yoruba corpers not based in lagos. cud not speak or write well. big disgrace. as expected this foolish corper is a Yoruba. must have attended olorieja community secondary school. crap
I'm or I am .

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by vikyno(m): 9:01pm On Oct 17, 2014
technophile:

Unad has everything to do with it, how has she been passing all her exams from 100level. I mean she cannot even construct a simple sentence.
So you should be ashamed of your advanced primary school you called unad, student that are far more brilliant than her are getting expelled in polytechnic, polytechnic gan ke? in secondary self

Blame the corruption in Nigeria educational system. With the right money,u can easily have your way. Except we want to deceive ourselves.

By the way, have u been to UNAD before? What gave you d impression that it is a glorified secondary school. Who told you UNAD is my school? I will be glad if u can tell me your school before addressing my questions.
Thanks
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by decatalyst(m): 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
timawoku:
from the look of things your immaturity shows you are a kid corp member (or just passed out) and its very unwise to de fame a person's xter, you have a long way yet to go and, these? Better believe in karma, the ironical thing is your signature, you are truly a source of sadness to other people...

Someone as myopic and retard like you should be ignored but I want to point something that you are oblivious to.

1. The context of the thread doesn't demean the lady in question. It only pointed to a direction which is the state of our educational advancement in this country.

2. If she had friends that are having relatively the same educational background, then the lady should not be blamed ( cuz no one can correct her before she made that volcanic grammatical error that necessitated this thread). The lady can be said to be a victim of his social cum economic environment.

3. I guess you read my signature backward or you were bereaved of the necessary mental capacity to understand it.

4. Ain't a Corper as you gullibly pointed out. I graduated from OAU in the year 2008 and served this Nation wholeheartedly with pride in me when I wore that landmark NYSC attire. Now I think you should understand why I was sad when I saw the post that was already viral.

5. Check my monicker, my be you will understand the message I was passing across! Change!!!
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by decatalyst(m): 9:52pm On Oct 17, 2014
yyb14:
I just checked her time line. That post is no longer there.

I think its better that way. I initially thought its just a publicity stunt or an uncommon joke.

Its so sad going by the numbers of people (foreign and local) that have seen that post.
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by decatalyst(m): 9:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
hardbody:

Which part of the country is she from?

On Topic, i will not use her to judge the level of decadence or otherwise in our educational system. My cousins and nieces ask me to help them on assignments that i did not come across at their level while in school. Besides, they speak and write good english grammar. I guess this person is a product, first of a terrible local and rustic primary/secondary school and subsequent university existing in one suburb.

Reminds me of one 'private' school behind my former residence. I once heard a teacher announcing instructions after the usual morning devotion and she kept repeating to the pupils, 'Are you hear'?

I was like, what will those kids come out with.

For the avoidance of doubt, the formative years remain the most crucial and this is where most of the training efforts should be channeled to ensure a strong bedrock for the kids as they grow up.

You are so on point, sir. I totally agree with you.
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by decatalyst(m): 9:55pm On Oct 17, 2014
nitlad:

See pesin wen dey cast another for gbagaun. . . undecided

You dey end question with exclamation mark (!).

I know this is prolly a typo, but once you begin form Oga for English, you are not allowed to make typos!

Noted sir.
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by timawoku(m): 9:59pm On Oct 17, 2014
decatalyst:

I think its better that way. I initially thought its just a publicity stunt or an uncommon joke.

Its so sad going by the numbers of people (foreign and local) that have seen that post.
of all people see who is sad? What is sad is that an alumni (if true) of great ife can be so...foolishly evil, we don't need your pathetic sad a*ss, I still don't know why you are not banned yet, that's y you still talking thrash, smh for NL,
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by decatalyst(m): 10:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
Theanonymous9:
What nonsense!!.. Op, I'm still trying to place you between stewpid or just plain ignorant. How could you expose someone like these? Do you know what she has gone through in life? Yes! It's fair to say she can't make a proper grammatical sentence but it doesn't mean u should act like a 2yr old. I think you should have this topic deleted or clear her name with some effect..idk.

Who knows, she could be extremely happy while typing that.

Hello, let me point it to you that I don't know the lady in question personally and I am not her friend on Facebook either. I got this picture on TWITTER and you could imagine how many bloggers around the globe would have seen or written something about it. Ain't an exception. My aim is to inform Nairalanders so that someone that know someone that know another person that know someone important and passionate about education in Nigeria can do something.
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by timawoku(m): 10:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
decatalyst:

Someone as myopic and retard like you should be ignored but I want to point something that you are oblivious to.

1. The context of the thread doesn't demean the lady in question. It only pointed to a direction which is the state of our educational advancement in this country.

2. If she had friends that are having relatively the same educational background, then the lady should not be blamed ( cuz no one can correct her before she made that volcanic grammatical error that necessitated this thread). The lady can be said to be a victim of his social cum economic environment.

3. I guess you read my signature backward or you were bereaved of the necessary mental capacity to understand it.

4. Ain't a Corper as you gullibly pointed out. I graduated from OAU in the year 2008 and served this Nation wholeheartedly with pride in me when I wore that landmark NYSC attire. Now I think you should understand why I was sad when I saw the post that was already viral.

5. Check my monicker, my be you will understand the message I was passing across! Change!!!

I dare you to post your face and name(FB and twitter) on nairaland you over grown maggot/coward.

1 Like

Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by decatalyst(m): 10:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
timawoku:
of all people see who is sad? What is sad is that an alumni (if true) of great ife can be so...foolishly evil, we don't need your pathetic sad a*ss, I still don't know why you are not banned yet, that's y you still talking thrash, smh for NL,

You have a right of opinion like I do to.
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by decatalyst(m): 10:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
timawoku:

I dare you to post your face and name(FB and twitter) on nairaland you over grown maggot/coward.

Your comment and opinion are welcomed. *smiles*
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by dnacrystal: 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nor only did you break a rule on nairaland, you also do not have a conscience. karma exists.

2 Likes

Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by decatalyst(m): 11:00pm On Oct 17, 2014
dnacrystal:
Nor only did you break a rule on nairaland, you also do not have a conscience. karma exists.

Please enlighten me on the rule. I sincerely posted that picture to highlight the level at which we churn our half baked graduate in this country. No harm intended.

Maybe the argument of the "first cause" will suffice here. I saw that picture on twitter ooooo, nairalanders calling for my head.

Make una no vex after all, "everyone" sparks English including the VVIPssssss
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by decatalyst(m): 11:01pm On Oct 17, 2014
dnacrystal:

Please enlighten me on the rule. I sincerely posted that picture to highlight the level at which we churn out half baked graduate in this country. No harm intended.

Maybe the argument of the "first cause" will suffice here. I saw that picture on twitter ooooo, nairalanders calling for my head.

Make una no vex after all, "everyone" sparks English including the VVIPssssss
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by decatalyst(m): 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
I sincerely posted that picture to highlight the level at which we churn out half baked graduate in this country. No harm intended.

I make grammatical errors myself but I correct my self or let someone point it out to me so I could learn.

Make una no vex. After all, "everyone" sparks English including the VVIPssssss.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by Theanonymous9: 11:20pm On Oct 17, 2014
decatalyst:

Hello, let me point it to you that I don't know the lady in question personally and I am not her friend on Facebook either. I got this picture on TWITTER and you could imagine how many bloggers around the globe would have seen or written something about it. Ain't an exception. My aim is to inform Nairalanders so that someone that know someone that know another person that know someone important and passionate about education in Nigeria can do something.

Do what exactly? Start going through social media to fish out those who can't make a proper statement? I don't see your point, but if you'd like to show me, pls by all means..proceed!
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by Ojestas(m): 12:39am On Oct 18, 2014
ednut1:
Really, really!! Since i have been surfing net, i v seen many D*umb comments but i must confess, Yours is pure first class. . No one beats your dum*bness. .Your comment makes me wanna puke. .*Spits* *Nonsense*. Quote me back,, Vomit another gibberish and you r in for a E-war u wouldn't be able to finish.

3 Likes

Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 5:10am On Oct 18, 2014
Ojestas:
Really, really!! Since i have been surfing net, i v seen many D*umb comments but i must confess, Yours is pure first class. . No one beats your dum*bness. .Your comment makes me wanna puke. .*Spits* *Nonsense*. Quote me back,, Vomit another gibberish and you r in for a E-war u wouldn't be able to finish.
am scared.
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by ChristineC: 10:08am On Oct 18, 2014
where is the picture?
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by Johnnoo(m): 8:00am On Oct 19, 2014
So sad embarassed
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by ebukaOtika(m): 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Oh cmon guys, dnt crucify d poor gurl na... Lets not forget Rita of koko mansion video lol, "The effc is most stronger than the yahoo yahoo guys.. This yahoo yahoo guys dey do demons...." Lol

Lol the First time i watched that thing eh,,.,,,, dis was what happened grin grin grin grin grin cry As for me o ,,,, Girls Gbagaun pass guys ,.,,, Na only YES or NO dem sabi wella
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
ebukaOtika:

Lol the First that thing eh,,.,,,, dis was what happened grin grin grin grin grin cry As for me o ,,,, Girls Gbagaun pass guys ,.,,, Na only YES or NO dem sabi wella
abi....
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by RebelLeader15(m): 11:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
coolebux:
grin grin grin grin
She's a English speaker
na wa oooo! She's an English speaker not "a"
Re: Suicidal English By A Corps Member! Rate Education In Nigeria by coolebux(m): 8:16am On Oct 20, 2014
RebelLeader15:
na wa oooo! She's an English speaker not "a"

e-warrior abeg ooo I'm not as dumb as u tink
I'm only following the trend. Ok?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Comparing Nigerian And Ghanian Universities. Which Is Better? / Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? / The New Generation Of Hausafulani Making Africa Proud (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.