Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,459 members, 7,801,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (182742 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 10:55am On Mar 25, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Forget! As far as PC games is concerned Nigeria isn't gettin on any map. The whole Africa sef isn't going anywhere. Africa represented by SA were not allowed to compete in the recent COD: AW world tournament for reasons best known to Activision & square Enix. They dont even have dedicated servers for online multiplayer in Africa. My point is Africa not just Nigeria ll always be at the bottom of the gaming ladder.

Well with most gaming on intel hd graphics and calling 10fps-15fps smooth....what did u think would happen. I'm sure south africa would rectify the problem. Can't. Say same for the rest of us.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by islops(m): 2:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Forget! As far as PC games is concerned Nigeria isn't gettin on any map. The whole Africa sef isn't going anywhere. Africa represented by SA were not allowed to compete in the recent COD: AW world tournament for reasons best known to Activision & square Enix. They dont even have dedicated servers for online multiplayer in Africa. My point is Africa not just Nigeria ll always be at the bottom of the gaming ladder.

what you saying is true but i refuse to still be on the level where we will be set aside as just another continent and if we don't begin to make noise we will never be recognized, you know how much the south Africans fought before they got IGNAfrica and Origin South Africa, we are getting there and we will get there, but you need to change your ideology for that to happen
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
islops:

what you saying is true but i refuse to still be on the level where we will be set aside as just another continent and if we don't begin to make noise we will never be recognized, you know how much the south Africans fought before they got IGNAfrica and Origin South Africa, we are getting there and we will get there, but you need to change your ideology for that to happen
Usaid we re getting there. How exactly re we getting there? Dont get me wrong tho. I'm as optimistic as u re
kimco:

Well with most gaming on intel hd graphics and calling 10fps-15fps smooth....what did u think would happen. I'm sure south africa would rectify the problem. Can't. Say same for the rest of us.
True. Trust SA to find a solution. As for those who enjoy playing at 10 fps, well we can only hope they see the error of ways.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 10:59pm On Mar 25, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Usaid we re getting there. How exactly re we getting there? Dont get me wrong tho. I'm as optimistic as u re
True. Trust SA to find a solution. As for those who enjoy playing at 10 fps, well we can only hope they see the error of ways.

Hmmnn, I hope so too, but the mentality this people have is quite deeply ingrained, yesterday, I ran sleeping dogs with my intel HD4600 iGPU and for the game to run at all, I had to change the resolution to 1366*768 and set the graphics to very low or low(anything above that and the game would be a complete drag) but you come on nairaland and see someone who has an intel HD3000 or 4000 iGPU would claim the game is "very smooth" and you expect these types of people to be easily convinced By the way, low or very low graphics details look terrible, it was way worse when I tried bioshock infinite with my iGPU today so I personally cannot understand the satisfaction derived from doing such gaming, is it really worth it?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 11:02pm On Mar 25, 2015
By the way, bioshock infinte was smooth using the iGPU @ 1366*768 but there were some graphics distortions in parts where ambient occlusion and shading would have been visible so that is something that I noticed that these nairaland dudes fail to mention.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dlex21(m): 9:06am On Mar 26, 2015
I'm playing pes 2015 for I have a problem with it... Can anyone tell me how to stop computer from controlling my players whenever I pass to them without pressing lb??
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 26, 2015
dazekid:

Hmmnn, I hope so too, but the mentality this people have is quite deeply ingrained, yesterday, I ran sleeping dogs with my intel HD4600 iGPU and for the game to run at all, I had to change the resolution to 1366*768 and set the graphics to very low or low(anything above that and the game would be a complete drag) but you come on nairaland and see someone who has an intel HD3000 or 4000 iGPU would claim the game is "very smooth" and you expect these types of people to be easily convinced By the way, low or very low graphics details look terrible, it was way worse when I tried bioshock infinite with my iGPU today so I personally cannot understand the satisfaction derived from doing such gaming, is it really worth it?
I ve a friend like dat who played Hitman: Absolution on a core i3 PC whose igpu wasn't even as good as hd 3000. The game must ve been playing at like 5 fps but if u asked him he'd say he was enjoying his game. Those re the kind of pple dat ll come here and say u can play current games smoothly on hd4000 and be acting like they know it all
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
The new Razer Blade:
Display:14.0" IGZO QHD+ 16:9 Ratio, 3200x1800, with LED

Graphics:NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970M (3GB GDDR5 VRAM)

Processor:Intel® Core™ i7–4720HQ Quad-Core processor with Hyper Threading 2.6GHZ / 3.6GHz (Base / Turbo)

Memory:16GB dual-channel onboard memory (DDR3L-1600MHz)

Operating System:Windows® 8.1 (64-Bit)

smiley grin

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 3:26am On Mar 27, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
The new Razer Blade:
Display:14.0" IGZO QHD+ 16:9 Ratio, 3200x1800, with LED

Graphics:NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970M (3GB GDDR5 VRAM)

Processor:Intel® Core™ i7–4720HQ Quad-Core processor with Hyper Threading 2.6GHZ / 3.6GHz (Base / Turbo)

Memory:16GB dual-channel onboard memory (DDR3L-1600MHz)

Operating System:Windows® 8.1 (64-Bit)

smiley grin

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade

First thing I saw was "display :14.0" and right then I thought SWEEEERVEEEE
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 8:46am On Mar 27, 2015
dazekid:

I don't mind 14" if it's a good screen, preferably ips. The other specs are gud enuff....but expect to exchange ur organs for them.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 8:50am On Mar 27, 2015
dazekid:

Man c'mon....it's smoooooooooooooooooth. Who are u to tell them dat it ain't. But trully the state of pc gaming in nigeria is way worse than ghana I swear. Atleast here with the money I can find the parts on the online used store (tonaton and olx)

Tried searching for a capable powersupply in olx nigeria and I cudn't find any. How much more a capable gpu.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by islops(m): 1:01pm On Mar 27, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

first of all the awareness is there that there are great games on PC, second, the awareness is there that to play these games you need a high end PC.
My PC Specs... HP Envy 17, Core i7 4th Gen, 2TB HDD, 12GB Ram, Nvidia GT 850 2GB Dedicated, and i use an Xbox one Controller, and i know guys who have something like this, before this one i used a HP pavilion G6 so the diff is very clear, i know what was up in choosing another PC so.. its got to start from somewhere why not you and i?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by islops(m): 1:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
kimco:

Man c'mon....it's smoooooooooooooooooth. Who are u to tell them dat it ain't. But trully the state of pc gaming in nigeria is way worse than ghana I swear. Atleast here with the money I can find the parts on the online used store (tonaton and olx)

Tried searching for a capable powersupply in olx nigeria and I cudn't find any. How much more a capable gpu.

you said it bro... nigeria has a problem especially when it come to IT stuff, the other day i checked for a HDMI spliter on konga for N8000, that same day i found the same HDMI splitter on ebay for just $4 (N800) and with free shipping, the same thing o, i advice guys if you can wait a couple of weeks just buy your stuff from ebay you wont regret it.

2 Likes

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 27, 2015
dazekid:

True. Its 14'' but i think the QHD+ pretty much covers for it. Besides i hate 14'' PCs as well.

kimco:

I don't mind 14" if it's a good screen, preferably ips. The other specs are gud enuff....but expect to exchange ur organs for them.
As for exchanging ur organs, the price starts from $2000. So expect to exchange some of ur limbs as well grin

kimco:

See regardless of wat pple think if somthin is bad then its bad. No need to sugar coat it for them. If u cant afford a pc to game on at least 30fps then go get a bloody console. 10fps is a disgrace to games undecided
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2015
kimco:

Hmmmnn, 14inches can't work for me at all, too little screen real estate, the resolution though tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 7:54pm On Mar 27, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
True. Its 14'' but i think the QHD+ pretty much covers for it. Besides i hate 14'' PCs as well.

As for exchanging ur organs, the price starts from $2000. So expect to exchange some of ur limbs as well grin

See regardless of wat pple think if somthin is bad then its bad. No need to sugar coat it for them. If u cant afford a pc to game on at least 30fps then go get a bloody console. 10fps is a disgrace to games undecided

lol u made me laff. but i was being sarcastic.

see...islops gets it.

oh no not my limbs too.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 7:59pm On Mar 27, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

Com'n guys why so dramatic You could always rob a bank na, ordinary $2000 wouldn't take three minutes to get that type of money out of any Nigerian or Ghanian bank CC:Kimco grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 8:05pm On Mar 27, 2015
kimco:

I am nobody o, even a higher power sef would struggle to change their minds so I don't even bother with it at all.

LOL, it's so bad that I don't even branch Nigerian websites when conducting those types of searches, I go to amazon straight up, imagine seeing a Nvidia card from 2002(can't remember the exact model) as the only GPU being sold, price was 28k and the person selling it was touting it as being one of the best GPUs to game and edit, I was like WTF shocked shocked shocked I can't imagine what the situation in computer village is like, you'd pay good money for complete crap if you don't know what to look for.

Still looking for a good cooling pad for a 17.3inch laptop though and computer village isn't helping,

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 8:14pm On Mar 27, 2015
islops:

you said it bro... nigeria has a problem especially when it come to IT stuff, the other day i checked for a HDMI spliter on konga for N8000, that same day i found the same HDMI splitter on ebay for just $4 (N800) and with free shipping, the same thing o, i advice guys if you can wait a couple of weeks just buy your stuff from ebay you wont regret it.

man if it wasnt for the dollar to cedi ratio....i'd be all over ebay...trust me.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 8:22pm On Mar 27, 2015
dazekid:

I am nobody o, even a higher power sef would struggle to change their minds so I don't even bother with it at all.

LOL, it's so bad that I don't even branch Nigerian websites when conducting those types of searches, I go to amazon straight up, imagine seeing a Nvidia card from 2002(can't remember the exact model) as the only GPU being sold, price was 28k and the person selling it was touting it as being one of the best GPUs to game and edit, I was like WTF shocked shocked shocked I can't imagine what the situation in computer village is like, you'd pay good money for complete crap if you don't know what to look for.

Still looking for a good cooling pad for a 17.3inch laptop though and computer village isn't helping,
hahahahahaha....i laffed a lot.

computer village shud be named scraps village. i swear to God i only hear horrible things about the plax. simply amazing.

these sellers do dat all the tym.

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 8:24pm On Mar 27, 2015
dazekid:

Com'n guys why so dramatic You could always rob a bank na, ordinary $2000 wouldn't take three minutes to get that type of money out of any Nigerian or Ghanian bank CC:Kimco grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

hahahahahahaha
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 8:46pm On Mar 27, 2015
Just saw a Nvida GeForce GTX 660ti for sale for 350cedis on Olx.com.gh, kimco, better pick that up
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
kimco:

lol u made me laff. but i was being sarcastic.

see...islops gets it.

oh no not my limbs too.
Of cos i knew u was been sarcastic. Besides if we dont let dem know some times, they ll just come here wit hd4000 and be asking if they can watchdogs on ultra
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 27, 2015
dazekid:

Lead the way bro......... smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Lead the way bro......... smiley smiley smiley

I have it all down. I'm on some Battlefield hardline shii bro, problem is Kimco is in Ghana and you're in Ibadan, organizing the heist is dependent on working on one of the three locations. In other words, I no follow o cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 27, 2015
dazekid:

I have it all down. I'm on some Battlefield hardline shii bro, problem is Kimco is in Ghana and you're in Ibadan, organizing the heist is dependent on working on one of the three locations. In other words, I no follow o cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink
Lol! Speaking of Hardline, ve u played it yet?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:02am On Mar 28, 2015
dazekid:
Just saw a Nvida GeForce GTX 660ti for sale for 350cedis on Olx.com.gh, kimco, better pick that up

it's da fake version. notice the yellow nvidia logo?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:03am On Mar 28, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Of cos i knew u was been sarcastic. Besides if we dont let dem know some times, they ll just come here wit hd4000 and be asking if they can watchdogs on ultra

we jux myt be too late.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:04am On Mar 28, 2015
dazekid:

lol
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 12:40pm On Mar 28, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

Nah bro, I have too many games on my "now playing" list. If you get the game, you can point me to a link sha.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2015
kimco:

it's da fake version. notice the yellow nvidia logo?

Woah, yellow Nvidia logo, I didn't even open the page to look at the pictures. But seriously though people are selling fake top level GPUs in Ghana
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 12:42pm On Mar 28, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

Nah bro, I have too many games on my "now playing" list. If you get the game, you can point me to a link sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.