Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (182779 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 4:52pm On May 15, 2015
kimco:

I said nothing of cinematics and cutscenes. Mgs have that in abundance. I'm talking of the concentration on presentation to have a movie feel, like the walking dead season 1 game. It's not necessarily a bad game. But gameplay mechanics are no where near the best. And the most important part of a game is gameplay...this is not even an opinion, it's a fact. I guess you love it when the best game, according to you, allows your ai to walk among your enemies, the ones you are stealthing away from and still go undetected. Best game everrrrrrr....brilliant ai. *sarcasm*

And about uncharted, it's because cinematic on that level had never been done before. It felt new fresh and wow. But the gameplay mechanics fall short.
if ur game has d BEST gameplay ever but falls short of every other thing then its not better than a game that has GOOD gameplay and great presentation..... This is d reason why games like uncharted and last of us wud always b at the top..... Good enough gameplay not d best tho... But one of the best overall presentation......

It gives u a full superior experience to a game with better gameplay but inferior presentation..... So ur point is off....

Games hav evolved past those times where all u do is move 4rm stage to stage killing anything that stands in ur way.... Game now tell stories even movies cant replicate.
If u want a full movie like game then talk about HEAVY RAIN not last of us or uncharted cos those two mixes everything perfectly...

When they rate a game... Its d overall package they talk about.... And both last of us and uncharted are top tier when it comes to overall package....

In other words u hav shitty gaming taste for complaining about these two superb games.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 15, 2015
Flawlessangel:

we were not arguing about platform now as am done wit dat and proved 2 u why console is superior .. But i know u wud stick 2 ur pc and dats fine.. Ur business.

My xplaination was 2 show u pads which are console property is a superior controller to keyboard when u take into consideration ALL GAMING GENRES and not just shooter which i admitted had d edge on pc... And thats first person shooter not even third person.....cos console still wins too in third person shooters..

So whether controllers ar used on pc is not d point, d point is ... Pads are superb for all genres and falls short of keyboard in only first person games...... While keyboard are inferior to pad in all genre except fps and strategy...

So its a no brainer... CONSOLE Pad WINs!!

If u still disagree.. Then i dare u 2 open a thread on keyboard vs console pads and lets see what all d gamers on naija's biggest forum thinks.
Hahahaha! Controllers are better on 3rd person shooter u say? Have u played Tomb Raider? Or Dead Space? Or Mass Effect? Or Splinter Cell? Or MGS?(The list is endless) Even Gamespot admitted in its review of Tomb Raider that aiming with the mouse/keyboard was way superior to dat of its console counterparts. As usual u keep judging things based on ur own PERSONAL OPINIONS. Really u need to stop embarrassing urself like dis...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 6:15pm On May 15, 2015
Flawlessangel:

we were not arguing about platform now as am done wit dat and proved 2 u why console is superior .. But i know u wud stick 2 ur pc and dats fine.. Ur business.

My xplaination was 2 show u pads which are console property is a superior controller to keyboard when u take into consideration ALL GAMING GENRES and not just shooter which i admitted had d edge on pc... And thats first person shooter not even third person.....cos console still wins too in third person shooters..

So whether controllers ar used on pc is not d point, d point is ... Pads are superb for all genres and falls short of keyboard in only first person games...... While keyboard are inferior to pad in all genre except fps and strategy...

So its a no brainer... CONSOLE Pad WINs!!

If u still disagree.. Then i dare u 2 open a thread on keyboard vs console pads and lets see what all d gamers on naija's biggest forum thinks.

Oh my God, now you're giving up on platforms? Loool, hahahahahahahha u crack me up.

I won't open up a thread and ask console gamers which they enjoy best on a forum dominated by console gamers who are ignorant about pc gaming, hence, this thread. if u going to say a pad can be used in all genres why do you think it'll be different with keyboard and mouse.

Anyways to prove my point why don't YOU open up a thread asking which they prefer to use for fps and third person shooters. You'll realise a lot will say pad. That'll prove the ignorance I'm talking about. Go on try it.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 6:18pm On May 15, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Hahahaha! Controllers are better on 3rd person shooter u say? Have u played Tomb Raider? Or Dead Space? Or Mass Effect? Or Splinter Cell? Or MGS?(The list is endless) Even Gamespot admitted in its review of Tomb Raider that aiming with the mouse/keyboard was way superior to dat of its console counterparts. As usual u keep judging things based on ur own PERSONAL OPINIONS. Really u need to stop embarrassing urself like dis...

Well he seems to love embarrasing himself. We shud enjoy it to the fullest. It myt never happen again.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 6:26pm On May 15, 2015
Flawlessangel:

if ur game has d BEST gameplay ever but falls short of every other thing then its not better than a game that has GOOD gameplay and great presentation..... This is d reason why games like uncharted and last of us wud always b at the top..... Good enough gameplay not d best tho... But one of the best overall presentation......

It gives u a full superior experience to a game with better gameplay but inferior presentation..... So ur point is off....

Games hav evolved past those times where all u do is move 4rm stage to stage killing anything that stands in ur way.... Game now tell stories even movies cant replicate.
If u want a full movie like game then talk about HEAVY RAIN not last of us or uncharted cos those two mixes everything perfectly...

When they rate a game... Its d overall package they talk about.... And both last of us and uncharted are top tier when it comes to overall package....

In other words u hav shitty gaming taste for complaining about these two superb games.

Did this guy say games tell stories even movies can't replicate? Yesu.

Trust me, gud gameplay will keep you coming back over and over. Presentation will wear off. Uncharted had trash shooting mechanics, the bad guys were bullet sponges like gears of war. The puzzles were child's play. Presentation was top notch. And what story are you talking about? Uncharted's story is no story please. Last of us, sure because the game was actually acted out, like a movie (watch the making of the game to confirm this). However it doen't have that great replayability, because you play it for the story...nothing else, and now the story is done. So what else is there to play, it's definitely not the above average ai and gameplay mechanics. That's why some games are being played over and over and over. Lke zelda 64. Nintendo make great games. That I can admit.

Oh and one last fact: jrpgs= japanese role playing games. This genre is mainly based in japan. Some trickle down to the rest of the world but most are based there. Japan is mainly a console gaming market. And they mostly purchase japanese goods (that's why xbox doesn't do well there). So ofcos the jrpg is going to flourish on consoles, specifically, japanese consoles (nintendo and playstation)

Rpgs in general including wrpg and krpg mostly thrive on pc. So there you go.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 9:23pm On May 15, 2015
kimco:

Did this guy say games tell stories even movies can't replicate? Yesu.

Trust me, gud gameplay will keep you coming back over and over. Presentation will wear off. Uncharted had trash shooting mechanics, the bad guys were bullet sponges like gears of war. The puzzles were child's play. Presentation was top notch. And what story are you talking about? Uncharted's story is no story please. Last of us, sure because the game was actually acted out, like a movie (watch the making of the game to confirm this). However it doen't have that great replayability, because you play it for the story...nothing else, and now the story is done. So what else is there to play, it's definitely not the above average ai and gameplay mechanics. That's why some games are being played over and over and over. Lke zelda 64. Nintendo make great games. That I can admit.

Oh and one last fact: jrpgs= japanese role playing games. This genre is mainly based in japan. Some trickle down to the rest of the world but most are based there. Japan is mainly a console gaming market. And they mostly purchase japanese goods (that's why xbox doesn't do well there). So ofcos the jrpg is going to flourish on consoles, specifically, japanese consoles (nintendo and playstation)

Rpgs in general including wrpg and krpg mostly thrive on pc. So there you go.
fact 1 .. Anything that is not a shooter or strategy is better on consoles than pc , how can anybody who knows anything about gaming say rpgs thrive on pc than consoles like seriously??, heck even shooters now adays are played more on consoles and they make more money on consoles...everyone xcept u knows this... Especially if its in third person view..

Even witcher used 2 b a pc xclusive but not anymore cos they know d console market is where d big bucks is...... Consoles always outsell their pc games counterparts...

And just because u say a game dsnt hav replay value dsnt mean its so... I have played last of us 3 times now and its still fun so i dnt know what d hell u are talking about...

Dude u dnt seem to know anything about console gaming so there's no point to dis debate.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 9:34pm On May 15, 2015
kimco:

Oh my God, now you're giving up on platforms? Loool, hahahahahahahha u crack me up.

I won't open up a thread and ask console gamers which they enjoy best on a forum dominated by console gamers who are ignorant about pc gaming, hence, this thread. if u going to say a pad can be used in all genres why do you think it'll be different with keyboard and mouse.

Anyways to prove my point why don't YOU open up a thread asking which they prefer to use for fps and third person shooters. You'll realise a lot will say pad. That'll prove the ignorance I'm talking about. Go on try it.
dude, u probably hav been closing ur eyes to all the point av been making..... D real truth is FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS are played more on consoles than pc thanks to cod and halo... Pc used 2 b undisputed for fps but not anymore...

Dats why i said it could be argued as 2 which controls people prefer for fps now adays......so if they say they prefer pads for fps then they are not wrong at all..... I use pad for fps too and i find it just as fun as when i use my keyboard.

So there's no universal agreement that a keyboard is better for fps cos if u check d statistics u wud find out more gamers play fps on consoles than pc.

So your point is invalid

and why pads are better 4 all genres is cos its easier to control.... Keyboard on the other hand take a whole long while to master if u aint playing shooters on it

try playing soccer on a keyboard or devil may cry...it wud b a horrible experience and anyone wit pad wud easily defeat u if u use a keyboard 4 soccer or any fighting game

nuff said...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 9:43pm On May 15, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
lol laughable.....and yeah a pad is better than pc 4 third person shooters too, av played all those games using a pad and my aiming is top notch, if u suck @ gaming or aiming wit a pad, thats ur problem..

Its fast paced ...fewer buttons that do what u want easily... Keyboard has so many buttons that does one single function...
Console pad has a way of making all those functions work wit a controller in a way that makes it easier to navigate unlike so many buttons u hav on pc which can b confusing sometimes..

I would still give d keyboard the fps crown and strategy crown but thats as far as they go... In any other genre... Console pad destroys it,
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:35am On May 16, 2015
i guess we are done here then.

back to pc gaming discussions.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:40am On May 16, 2015
demiladecdd:
i want to sell a pc of mine hp 630. Windows 7. Processor icore 3, 2.40ghz. 64Bit operating system, 4gig ram. 451Gig local dish. Hd screen. 45K last.
Phone no: 08175020149
7e2eef16

ma guy this yor pc i'm very interested ooo. Your 451gig local dish caught my eye. which local dish does it serve....me i like a lot of fufu oo. i hope it can cook wella. 451gig local dish is a lot of local dish mehn. how much is 45k in cedis?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 6:41am On May 16, 2015
The sad thing about pc only gamers is they hav dis bliv that console dsnt even come close and has shitty graphics compared to pc games, which is pure bullshit.

Av put so many ps4 and pc games side by side and d graphics are almost dsame infact u wud hardly notice d supposed better graphics d pc has over the ps4.... I did dat wit gta5,

so pc games only look slightly better than the present console games not waaay better like some pc fans bliv
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by zion32(m): 12:34pm On May 16, 2015
PC Gamers, can you pls suggest a good gaming notebook. I have 70k for a fairly new gaming PC . kimco, adeLANA and others your suggestion are needed. Thanks
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 4:28pm On May 16, 2015
Flawlessangel:
The sad thing about pc only gamers is they hav dis bliv that console dsnt even come close and has shitty graphics compared to pc games, which is pure bullshit.

Av put so many ps4 and pc games side by side and d graphics are almost dsame infact u wud hardly notice d supposed better graphics d pc has over the ps4.... I did dat wit gta5,

so pc games only look slightly better than the present console games not waaay better like some pc fans bliv

Nigga are you flipping high, every other thing may be subject to debate but graphics.., there's no contest. Try COD:AW on a good PC in comparison with a PS4 or XBOX One and see the difference. If you can't, maybe you just don't have 20/20 vision.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 6:35pm On May 16, 2015
dazekid:

Nigga are you flipping high, every other thing may be subject to debate but graphics.., there's no contest. Try COD:AW on a good PC in comparison with a PS4 or XBOX One and see the difference. If you can't, maybe you just don't have 20/20 vision.
dude learn 2 read and understand......
I didnt say the graphics are dsame i said presently it dsnt seem that big a difference .... And i gave an example gta5 on ps4 vs gta5 on pc.... Pc looks SLIGHTLY better infact ....
If ur friend has a console, why not go and carry out d test urself.... Unlike u i play on both platforms so i knw what am talking about.

I could argue how order1886 looks better than 99percent of pc games but i wouldnt wanna start another argument.

But so far dis gen pc graphics dsnt blow d console version outta d water like u pc fans bliv.... Its only slightly better..... And gta5 is a proof to dat.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 8:31pm On May 16, 2015
daze let it go man. lets get back on topic. someone needs our help.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 8:46pm On May 16, 2015
zion32:
PC Gamers, can you pls suggest a good gaming notebook. I have 70k for a fairly new gaming PC . kimco, adeLANA and others your suggestion are needed. Thanks

is 70k a budget expenditure on laptops or high level? guys please help...im lost with the money rate ooo.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by zion32(m): 10:31pm On May 16, 2015
kimco:

is 70k a budget expenditure on laptops or high level? guys please help...im lost with the money rate ooo.
I know fully well I can't get a new notebook that excel at gaming for 70k. I have 70k I need a fairly used laptop that can play games well.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by zion32(m): 10:38pm On May 16, 2015
Flawlessangel:

I could argue how order1886 looks better than 99percent of pc games but i wouldnt wanna start another argument.

But so far dis gen pc graphics dsnt blow d console version outta d water like u pc fans bliv.... Its only slightly better..... And gta5 is a proof to dat.
Bro, no console game can look better than a PC game unless it was ported from the console and it was not properly optimized. The TRUE Gamers are PC guys that spend cool cash to either get a gaming rig or build one.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 11:49pm On May 16, 2015
Flawlessangel:

dude learn 2 read and understand......
I didnt say the graphics are dsame i said presently it dsnt seem that big a difference .... And i gave an example gta5 on ps4 vs gta5 on pc.... Pc looks SLIGHTLY better infact ....
If ur friend has a console, why not go and carry out d test urself.... Unlike u i play on both platforms so i knw what am talking about.

I read and understood before replying. What you said= there is a negligible difference in graphics quality between consoles and PC and you stated GTA 5 as an example to back your claim and then I straight up said that was a lie and stated COD:AW as an example to back my claim. Now the thing is you seem to think everyone who defends PC gaming is strictly a PC gamer, sorry to bust your bubble bro coz all that "unlike you" shii doesn't apply with me. I have a PS3 in my house now(in fact I use the controllers for soccer coz two people can't play with my keyboard seeing as I have a laptop) and would have also bought a PS4 if it wasn't so antiquated by the time it was launched and I have done thorough comparisons between the two to arrive at my conclusions that PC is much better.
I had played the Batman games on console because my younger brother is a big fan and I always complained because they seemed a bit bland to me............... until I put AA on my PC, it was like a whole new game, same thing with Bioshock Infinite and Bioshock(even though I tried to use a controller for this...it was bad for me by the way).
And your saying Pads are better is total BS, I play a ton of games and the thing is where there is the option to use a keyboard and mouse, that is definitely the option I'd go with. The only other game I have used a controller actively for on PC(actively here being; not for testing purposes) is Hitman Absolution and that was for the gun range part(I just couldn't beat that chick with the K&M combo), after that I couldn't even use the controller anymore because it seemed a little tedious to me(which is funny because you said learning a keyboard and mouse can be difficult).
At the end of the day, all of this is my opinion and I am not trying to enforce it on anybody. You should not try to as well and that is what the fact of the matter is.
Good day(even though it is 11:47PM)
Modified:or 11:49 according to nairaland's time.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:01am On May 17, 2015
zion32:
I know fully well I can't get a new notebook that excel at gaming for 70k. I have 70k I need a fairly used laptop that can play games well.

Edit: this is the closest I cud find for you. And since you just want to game but not heavily I think the gpu should do good.

html4.m./canada-used-hp-pavilion-dv6t-6c00-cto-i7-w8-8gb-1-tb-iid-715560805?shops_experiment_from=listing-item-from-title

Make sure the gpu is the 6770m type if you do decide to go for it.

Feedback back asap.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 3:13am On May 17, 2015
kimco:

Edit: this is the closest I cud find for you. And since you just want to game but not heavily I think the gpu should do good.

html4.m./canada-used-hp-pavilion-dv6t-6c00-cto-i7-w8-8gb-1-tb-iid-715560805?shops_experiment_from=listing-item-from-title

Feedback back asap.

That offer is most likely a scam though.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:14am On May 17, 2015
zion32:
From personal experience, i'm not sure u can get a PC with a good enuff dedicated gpu for 70k. The best u'll be looking at is an i5 PC with an integrated 4000 at best.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:25am On May 17, 2015
Guys just saw a youtube review of this gaming laptop, The XMG-P505. Specs:
4th gen i7 quad core
8gig ram
1TB hdd & 256gig SSD
3gig GTX 970M
3 USB 3.0
15.6 FHD screen
And its fully customizable.

This bad boy runs GTA V at Ultra settings and FHD at approximately 58fps shocked shocked but the price na 1340pounds sad angry
Why they gotta be so expensive??
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by zion32(m): 5:29am On May 17, 2015
kimco:

Feedback back asap.
Nice specs. I just want to have an idea of the specs my budget can get me before I get one. Thanks.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by zion32(m): 5:35am On May 17, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
From personal experience, i'm not sure u can get a PC with a good enuff dedicated gpu for 70k. The best u'll be looking at is an i5 PC with an integrated 4000 at best.
I can still manage an i5 but that integrated graphics is a no no. I can add little extra bucks to get a middle range discrete graphics card.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 8:07am On May 17, 2015
dazekid:

I read and understood before replying. What you said= there is a negligible difference in graphics quality between consoles and PC and you stated GTA 5 as an example to back your claim and then I straight up said that was a lie and stated COD:AW as an example to back my claim. Now the thing is you seem to think everyone who defends PC gaming is strictly a PC gamer, sorry to bust your bubble bro coz all that "unlike you" shii doesn't apply with me. I have a PS3 in my house now(in fact I use the controllers for soccer coz two people can't play with my keyboard seeing as I have a laptop) and would have also bought a PS4 if it wasn't so antiquated by the time it was launched and I have done thorough comparisons between the two to arrive at my conclusions that PC is much better.
I had played the Batman games on console because my younger brother is a big fan and I always complained because they seemed a bit bland to me............... until I put AA on my PC, it was like a whole new game, same thing with Bioshock Infinite and Bioshock(even though I tried to use a controller for this...it was bad for me by the way).
And your saying Pads are better is total BS, I play a ton of games and the thing is where there is the option to use a keyboard and mouse, that is definitely the option I'd go with. The only other game I have used a controller actively for on PC(actively here being; not for testing purposes) is Hitman Absolution and that was for the gun range part(I just couldn't beat that chick with the K&M combo), after that I couldn't even use the controller anymore because it seemed a little tedious to me(which is funny because you said learning a keyboard and mouse can be difficult).
At the end of the day, all of this is my opinion and I am not trying to enforce it on anybody. You should not try to as well and that is what the fact of the matter is.
Good day(even though it is 11:47PM)
Modified:or 11:49 according to nairaland's time.
lol i was talking about this gen games so no need 4 d bioshock infinite comparisings...
I hav gta5 on pc and ps4... Pc dsnt look much better, infact d difference is hard 2 detect.. Tho i wud still give d slight edge to pc..

I dnt understand why u were givin all those examples cos i agree that pc has better graphics... Its just dat its not waaaay better compared to d graphics of some games on d ps4
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 8:10am On May 17, 2015
zion32:
Bro, no console game can look better than a PC game unless it was ported from the console and it was not properly optimized. The TRUE Gamers are PC guys that spend cool cash to either get a gaming rig or build one.
lol dis is a failed argument.... U mean 2 say all pc games look better than all console games? So u are telling me fallout 3 on pc looks better than order1886? Which has been said to be one of d best looking games of all time?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:03pm On May 17, 2015
dazekid:

That offer is most likely a scam though.
really? how come you know? what gives you that impression?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 8:50pm On May 17, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Guys just saw a youtube review of this gaming laptop, The XMG-P505. Specs:
4th gen i7 quad core
8gig ram
1TB hdd & 256gig SSD
3gig GTX 970M
3 USB 3.0
15.6 FHD screen
And its fully customizable.

This bad boy runs GTA V at Ultra settings and FHD at approximately 58fps shocked shocked but the price na 1340pounds sad angry
Why they gotta be so expensive??

Crazy specs will always command crazy prices. This laptop will easy chew through any game thrown at it.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 8:59pm On May 17, 2015
zion32:

For your budget you'll likely opt for a 2nd gen core i5 or a 2nd gen core i7 laptop. If you're lucky you might be able to snag a 3rd gen core i5 laptop.
If you raise your budget to 80000 naira, you should be able to get a 3rd gen core i5 paired with a mid-range GPU (probably an HD 85xxM or GTX85xM), and about 4GB RAM.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 17, 2015
kenomobola:

Crazy specs will always command crazy prices. This laptop will easy chew through any game thrown at it.
See ehn! I've been drooling over the PC since i watched dat review. And the price for it varies since its customisable

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.