Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,809 members, 7,802,589 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (182795 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 2:19am On Sep 03, 2015
ebukav:

Am a law student, mostly typing, researching and editing.

Then an a10 will be perfect for u. Please consider the slightly used pc, it won't cause you much trouble. Only problem is the brand. Guys would you help me out with the best brand of lappies to buy?

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ebukav(m): 2:25am On Sep 03, 2015
kimco:

Then an a10 will be perfect for u. Please consider the slightly used pc, it won't cause you much trouble. Only problem is the brand. Guys would you help me out with the best brand of lappies to buy?

Tanx. Will ask around nl
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 2:46am On Sep 03, 2015
tziz:

Hmm, sounds nice! Wonder where i cn get dt adapter over here. I'll luv to see a pic, pls cn u snap it n upload here?

Here a pic of how mine looks btw. But I tried searching one on olx and jumia for u. I cannot believe the amount of things nigeria lacks interms of pc hardware. It's surprising. Not a single one. Olx and tonaton gh are riddled with them. Infact, if I move from my house right I cud buy one right now.

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 8:46am On Sep 03, 2015
kimco:

It'll cost more to import actually, like 3x more. I have to make do with the panny plasma

Besides 32" of rich natural colors which beats even the best ips screens is always a good thing. Only problem is the burn ins.

Actually, it won't cost you thrice as much to import. From my research, the typical price range for a 24" monitor is $100 - $180, and the shipping costs should range from between $50 - $80. So I'm estimating you'll spend between $150 - $260 to import such a monitor.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 8:51am On Sep 03, 2015
kimco:

Here a pic of how mine looks btw. But I tried searching one on olx and jumia for u. I cannot believe the amount of things nigeria lacks interms of pc hardware. It's surprising. Not a single one. Olx and tonaton gh are riddled with them. Infact, if I move from my house right I cud buy one right now.

OLX? Jumia? I'm having a laugh. If it ain't mainstream or selling like hot potatoes, don't expect these sites to have them in stock. You'll be better off getting it from outside the country.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 9:29am On Sep 03, 2015
kimco:

Ok tnx alot, now i knw wat it looks like. I knew it wont be on konga n jumia, dats part of d ish the Pc gaming community face here. I'll check for anoda way.. Tnx for ur time.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
kenomobola:

Actually, it won't cost you thrice as much to import. From my research, the typical price range for a 24" monitor is $100 - $180, and the shipping costs should range from between $50 - $80. So I'm estimating you'll spend between $150 - $260 to import such a monitor.

Check the price of an ips 24" screen. Its a bit more I'm sure. Prolly 250$ or 200$...multiplied by 4 plus shipping fees. Even if ur estimate is right, den I'm paying slightly above 2x the price. Still a lose situatn.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
tziz:

Ok tnx alot, now i knw wat it looks like. I knew it wont be on konga n jumia, dats part of d ish the Pc gaming community face here. I'll check for anoda way.. Tnx for ur time.

U welcome man.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 1:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
kenomobola:

OLX? Jumia? I'm having a laugh. If it ain't mainstream or selling like hot potatoes, don't expect these sites to have them in stock. You'll be better off getting it from outside the country.

Lool. This simple it's so cheap here too. If u know any friend in ghana who is schooling u cud ask him to buy and send it to you. It's very small u cud have it mailed to u or through the transport system. Infact I don't know why most nigerians don't do that.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
kimco:

Lool. This simple it's so cheap here too. If u know any friend in ghana who is schooling u cud ask him to buy and send it to you. It's very small u cud have it mailed to u or through the transport system. Infact I don't know why most nigerians don't do that.

I guess they aren't aware of this.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
ladokuntlad:

it aint a core2quad den
bt wil stil advice d quad core if its a core i series shaa
intel hd graphics sstill has some hidden juice in it.
dnt let d 32mb video memory deceive u...
Errm pls which hidden juice is that?? Coz i know nothing of it. 4th gen and below intel hd gpus are trash. Unless u're saying playing games at 10fps is ok??

Or maybe u're talking about 5th gen intel hd gpus. Then those i dont know much abt...yet!
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
kenomobola:

I guess they aren't aware of this.

There are a lot of gpus being sold here on our side of olx and tonaton. Only thing is they are quite expensive the 280x can be 250$ x4. But if I know anything from having nigerian friends, it's that they seem to find our stuff quite cheap for some reason.

So maybe if you guys have friends in Ghana, that would do.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2015
ladokuntlad:

it aint a core2quad den
bt wil stil advice d quad core if its a core i series shaa
intel hd graphics sstill has some hidden juice in it.
dnt let d 32mb video memory deceive u...

Lado that's enough. You may have proven that 2gb ram is enough for games but vram is a very different animal. 32mb vram is not ideal in any possible way for gaming. That's what stores postpocessing effects and textures. A powerful gpu with 2gb vs it's 1gb would perform better because it has more room to stretch it legs. Not that the hd graphics need 1gb vram anyways, they are too weak to do anything proper.

Please stop spreading false info unless u can proof this one too.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 9:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
kimco:

Lado that's enough. You may have proven that 2gb ram is enough for games but vram is a very different animal. 32mb vram is not ideal in any possible way for gaming. That's what stores postpocessing effects and textures. A powerful gpu with 2gb vs it's 1gb would perform better because it has more room to stretch it legs. Not that the hd graphics need 1gb vram anyways, they are too weak to do anything proper.

Please stop spreading false info unless u can proof this one too.
yes boss
I gat no proof dis time arnd jst saying it dough because am a crazy fan of intel graphics coupled with nvidea.
I hate amd with passion even if dem dash me wil jst kip it aside
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 9:23pm On Sep 03, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Errm pls which hidden juice is that?? Coz i know nothing of it. 4th gen and below intel hd gpus are trash. Unless u're saying playing games at 10fps is ok??

Or maybe u're talking about 5th gen intel hd gpus. Then those i dont know much abt...yet!
jst saying mai mind bro
love intel graphics to their fault dats while I suggested dat.

bt he still avnt made mention of the amd series he got.
might b d one using a APU graphics also
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 9:26pm On Sep 03, 2015
kimco:

its available in CV for 700-1000naira
I once used it back in skul days with mai ps2 pad.
very long lasting..
still at home with mai teo pads sef.
doesn't spoil
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

naa jst an assertion 
dnt even knw wat am talking about sef
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2015
natelo007:
Processor type Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 Processor speed 2000.0 MHz Display Display size 15.4 inches Resolution 1280 x 800 pixels External Monitor Interface Integrated Vertical Resolution 800 Graphics Graphics Type Integrated Primary Graphics Chipset Intel 965 Express Storage Drive size 120.0 GB so what do i need to know brotherz pls no yab we ar one
bros abeg run away from dat pc
d regime will land u only direct x 9 games solidly and PES series shaaa with old 2012 games I think.
best advice is to get an emulator on it
dolphin=== gamecube/nitendo wii
epsxe== ps1
ppsspp= psp
genesis== for all sega console
wingba== nitendo emulators

sowie bro bt dats all I can say abt ur pc

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 9:40pm On Sep 03, 2015
ebukav:

Tanx bro, can hp 250 g3 do
bros why ar u getting intel inside(Pentium/Celeron)
wich is of new generation bt a midrange pc
u will end up using it for 3months and den start eyeing ur frends pc because ur pc wont handle most highend games bro.

wats ur budget and I will help suggest beta pc.
and pls don't b afraid to get a fairly used pc if d money aint more dan 90k.
because 90k fairly used is far more beta dan 80k brand new

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 9:44pm On Sep 03, 2015
ebukav:

Am a law student, mostly typing, researching and editing.
bros as kimco rightly said.
will suggest u squeeze ur eyes to get a fairly use Pc.
u wont regret getting one
bt I advice u b patient wen buying one so u don't buy a faulty one.
if hp watch out for faulty hinges by checking online for d product main probs
if dell watch out for battery same above
bt if Lenovo den ur prayer is ansad because its all rounder

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 9:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
kimco:

Check the price of an ips 24" screen. Its a bit more I'm sure. Prolly 250$ or 200$...multiplied by 4 plus shipping fees. Even if ur estimate is right, den I'm paying slightly above 2x the price. Still a lose situatn.
y not get a 24.32 inches TV?
its more cost efficient (26-33k naira)
wich givs u multitask features(hdmi,componet,usb media et all)
compared to a monitor.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ebukav(m): 11:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
ladokuntlad:

bros why ar u getting intel inside(Pentium/Celeron)
wich is of new generation bt a midrange pc
u will end up using it for 3months and den start eyeing ur frends pc because ur pc wont handle most highend games bro.

wats ur budget and I will help suggest beta pc.
and pls don't b afraid to get a fairly used pc if d money aint more dan 90k.
because 90k fairly used is far more beta dan 80k brand new

Any suggestion, I can afford 90k, bt I don't want any pc dat will me trouble in d future, so pls I will nid all d help I can get 4rm u and evry body here pls, tanx.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Flawlessangel(m): 1:22am On Sep 04, 2015
Kimco do you game on andriod as well? If yes, how do you successfully install games from andropalace
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
ebukav:

Any suggestion, I can afford 90k, bt I don't want any pc dat will me trouble in d future, so pls I will nid all d help I can get 4rm u and evry body here pls, tanx.

Hmmm, with 90k, you can get a good enough PC for gaming and other things. I can help get you one. You can contact me through the number on my signature.

I usually say people here should contact me but they never do so I guess most people prefer to buy lower end brand new laptops than higher end used ones.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ib4real95(m): 3:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
dazekid:

Hmmm, with 90k, you can get a good enough PC for gaming and other things. I can help get you one. You can contact me through the number on my signature.

I usually say people here should contact me but they never do so I guess most people prefer to buy lower end brand new laptops than higher end used ones.

Bro pls . wat mad specs can i get with 80-90k
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Udochukwudavid: 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2015
Pls wat the site of downloading games on pc because i download gta and it did nt work
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 11:14pm On Sep 04, 2015
Flawlessangel:
Kimco do you game on andriod as well? If yes, how do you successfully install games from andropalace

I used to game on an android till mine got rekt (cracked screen)

But this is my observation after trying to install a lot of games "illegally".

Most of the android hardware do not have the same processors and so the games doe not work for all phones and most of the time demands that you redownload the whole data file again. Eg. You have a galaxy s3 and goto download a game uploaded by someone who was gaming on a galaxy note 2/3 (let's assume both phones use different cpu/gpu architecture). He expects that it'll work on your hardware but it doesn't. This is because the apk file doesn't recognise the data file as compatible with your hardware and needs to download the appropriate one. This situation is assosciated with heavy games tho. The smaller ones will work anywhere by method of brute force if need be.

So look for game that are compatible with your particular hardware. Eg games for snapdragon X or powervr Y. Or simply games for galaxy s3 etc. That's my observation.

Ofcos if that's not the problem you're having then please forgive my rumbling and tell me your problem.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 11:19pm On Sep 04, 2015
ladokuntlad:

y not get a 24.32 inches TV?
its more cost efficient (26-33k naira)
wich givs u multitask features(hdmi,componet,usb media et all)
compared to a monitor.

Most 24" tv are 720 tvs and are low levels. The 32 screens are expensive here and most are also low grade with horrible lag for gaming. Infact, most tvs that are not plasma or oled are horrible for gaming due to lag. Console games don't feel it cos most of their games are 30fps which often dip lower and also they use controllers (assuming the games are fighter and fps). For pc gamers this is a huge problem. I experienced this first hand.
Problem with plasma and oled, however, is burn in. But that's what 1minute wallpaper auto change is there for.

Also new monitors come with usbs and hdmi + dvi + vga. Components are useless for pcs. Only good thing is that it's a tv.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 11:28pm On Sep 04, 2015
Udochukwudavid:
Pls wat the site of downloading games on pc because i download gta and it did nt work

What was the size? Also gta what? 1, 2, 3, vice city, san adreas, 4, 5?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Feichi(m): 7:06am On Sep 05, 2015
For HD games, just check my signature below.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by diegodanny: 10:37am On Sep 05, 2015
NEW PC Games For Free PES 2016 FIFA 16 and More for Free Download : https://downloadfullgamepcwithcrackonly./
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Udochukwudavid: 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
gta san adreas and just type download gta san adreas and i dont kwn the size

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.