Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,802 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (182808 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2016
AKBliv010:

Only synthetic benchmarking software like 3DMark Firestrike, Unigine Valley/Unigine Heaven will keep your GPU locked at 100% utilization, but keep an eye on your temps when you do so.

Yes o, I went with AMD, now you see why I have a keen interest in your laptop lol

From the games you mentioned, Witcher 3, AssCreed:Syndicate, Crysis 3, Ryse are demanding games..I've got them too
good.. I was advised that I will regret buying and due to temperature.. The opposite is the case.. Maybe it is because it came with two fan but no heat so far compare to when I was using gtx660m, 760m and 460 Nvidia laptops... Ryse is graphics demanding but I so much love the game. The fatalities and brutalities
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 7:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
Singapore1:
good.. I was advised that I will regret buying and due to temperature.. The opposite is the case.. Maybe it is because it came with two fan but no heat so far compare to when I was using gtx660m, 760m and 460 Nvidia laptops... Ryse is graphics demanding but I so much love the game. The fatalities and brutalities
That's solid...sounds like its well built...heat dissipation is always an issue but looks like they've nailed it on the M4800.
Do you play online?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 7:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
AKBliv010:

That's solid...sounds like its well built...heat dissipation is always an issue but looks like they've nailed it on the M4800.
Do you play online?

which game??
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
Singapore1:

battlefield

witcher 3 wild hunt

gta v

mortal kombat x

Ryse son of rome

call of duty AW

assassin creed - Syndicate

assassin creed - rogue

NFS - RUN

pes 2016 ( lol )

tomb raider

crysis 3 ( uninstalled cos i dont like the game but have the file )

watchdog

all
1920 x 1080 resolution
60fps

do you know any game that require much graphics? as in very graphics demanding , i want to try it and see ( just for testing the frame rate )

oh by the way i went through the previous post now and i see that you game with amd too, first time i am seeing amd gamer here

u don upgrade bro, me still dey manage that my old one ooo
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 8:56pm On Jul 16, 2016
Singapore1:

which game??
Any from the ones you have.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 9:06pm On Jul 16, 2016
AKBliv010:

Any from the ones you have.
i havent tried other games online except COD... Only COD

the only i am wishing for AMD is AMD CUDA grin ( just a wish from a 3d animator )
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 9:07pm On Jul 16, 2016
Gunbiz:

u don upgrade bro, me still dey manage that my old one ooo
lol my oga
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 11:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
Singapore1:

i havent tried other games online except COD... Only COD

the only i am wishing for AMD is AMD CUDA grin ( just a wish from a 3d animator )

OpenCL isn't that bad on AMD cards though..Does the 3D animation software you use support both OpenCL and CUDA?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 17, 2016
Singapore1:
lol my oga

u b boss na
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 8:01am On Jul 17, 2016
AKBliv010:

OpenCL isn't that bad on AMD cards though..Does the 3D animation software you use support both OpenCL and CUDA?
Most of the software support CUDA , i dont know why they hate amd that much, infact i havent seen any advance software that support AMD opencl
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 9:11am On Jul 17, 2016
Singapore1:
Most of the software support CUDA , i dont know why they hate amd that much, infact i havent seen any advance software that support AMD opencl
There's support for OpenCL, however some require GPUs from AMDs FirePro series to unlock certain features within the software. I know Maya, Solidworks(which i use) support OpenCL. I've usedSony Vegas Pro/AdobePremiere CC and that supports OpenCL. What software do you use?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 10:27am On Jul 17, 2016
AKBliv010:

There's support for OpenCL, however some require GPUs from AMDs FirePro series to unlock certain features within the software. I know Maya, Solidworks(which i use) support OpenCL. I've usedSony Vegas Pro/AdobePremiere CC and that supports OpenCL. What software do you use?
belive me when i tell you that i use all the software you mention above and practically they dont support the openCL but literally they do
because when using AMD your ram suffers most compare to when using Nvidia CUDA ( your GPU suffer it which is reasonable and understandable)
i notice this whenever i am redering a 3d project in cinema4d and after effect
RAM Usage 90% ( out of 16GB )
CPU Usage 10-15 % ( it fluctuate but not more than 15% )
GPU Usage ( 0% )

compare to when i was using NVIDIA Series ( core i5 )
RAM USAGE 79% ( out of 8gb ram )
CPU Usage ( 40 - 70% )
GPU ( 50% upward )

and alot of people complain about that online too
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 11:22am On Jul 17, 2016
Singapore1:
belive me when i tell you that i use all the software you mention above and practically they dont support the openCL but literally they do
because when using AMD your ram suffers most compare to when using Nvidia CUDA ( your GPU suffer it which is reasonable and understandable)
Or could it be because you are using the mobile version. Here's my AdobeCC

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 11:44am On Jul 17, 2016
AKBliv010:

Or could it be because you are using the mobile version. Here's my AdobeCC
i dont use preimera pro

here is the software i am using currently

after effect cc 2015
maya
and cinema4d

non support OPENCL

though it will list your GPU
BUT still you will be unable to tick the GPU , It only uses CPU
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2016
Singapore1:

battlefield

witcher 3 wild hunt

gta v

mortal kombat x

Ryse son of rome

call of duty AW

assassin creed - Syndicate

assassin creed - rogue

NFS - RUN

pes 2016 ( lol )

tomb raider

crysis 3 ( uninstalled cos i dont like the game but have the file )

watchdog

all
1920 x 1080 resolution
60fps

do you know any game that require much graphics? as in very graphics demanding , i want to try it and see ( just for testing the frame rate )

oh by the way i went through the previous post now and i see that you game with amd too, first time i am seeing amd gamer here

nice setup. liked the way you added "lol" to pes 16....with its "cutting edge graphics" loool.

also i used to game on amd....i must say the colors on my amd was a bit better than my gtx 780. I used a gtx 280 before moving to a 7770 hd den a 7850 hd now a gtx 780.my verdict would be most games give me problems on amd and i have to use patches and other ways but the nvidia works most often out of the box.. .crimson drivers however, saw a serious improvement to the 7850....saw my framerates increase from 30 to mid 50s in battlefield 4 on 900p (framerates are important to me)

enjoy your gaming bro....

also who does 2d animations here?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2016
kimco:

nice setup. liked the way you added "lol" to pes 16....with its "cutting edge graphics" loool.

also i used to game on amd....i must say the colors on my amd was a bit better than my gtx 780. I used a gtx 280 before moving to a 7770 hd den a 7850 hd now a gtx 780.my verdict would be most games give me problems on amd and i have to use patches and other ways but the nvidia works most often out of the box.. .crimson drivers however, saw a serious improvement to the 7850....saw my framerates increase from 30 to mid 50s in battlefield 4 on 900p (framerates are important to me)

enjoy your gaming bro....

also who does 2d animations here?
What type of 2 Don animation are you talking about text or character animation? I do animation

And about amd only rely on Microsoft for updates and thats not the case on Nvidia
And I don't know why you have to go extra mile for amd... With Nvidia it is plug and play.. But it worth the stress my brother

And frame rate is important to all gamers
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Lana1(m): 2:38am On Jul 21, 2016
Singapore1:
What type of 2 Don animation are you talking about text or character animation? I do animation

And about amd only rely on Microsoft for updates and thats not the case on Nvidia
And I don't know why you have to go extra mile for amd... With Nvidia it is plug and play.. But it worth the stress my brother

Not all gamers. U should know dat so u wont be surprised wen u see some people feel so comfortable with 10-15 fps slideshow
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 7:44am On Jul 21, 2016
Lana1:
Not all gamers. U should know dat so u wont be surprised wen u see some people feel so comfortable with 10-15 fps slideshow
are you for real?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 8:18am On Jul 21, 2016
Singapore1:

character animation....need a few questions answered....do i need to learn to draw before i begin...if so what books do u recommend?

oh no do not rely on ms for updates....you would be under utilising ur gpu trust me....always use amd sites....if its not gud enuff jux roll back to the last gud one u used.

also not all gamers fancy framerates to graphix....gaming fora have tot me that.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 8:20am On Jul 21, 2016
Lana1:
plus 1
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 8:21am On Jul 21, 2016
Singapore1:
are you for real?
console gamers are a great example
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 9:11am On Jul 21, 2016
character animation....need a few questions answered....do i need to learn to draw before i begin...if so what books do u recommend?
( i do text animation though both in 2d and 3d ) but just once in a while whenever i want to do 2d animation, i hire graphics designer to help me with the designs and drawing ( adobe illustrator design because your drawings must be in vector format if you want to animate it ) ..

trust me you wouldnt want to be the one to be drawing and at the same time be the one to be animating ..it will work for small project but it will never work out for big project REASon is because your animating skill is going to suffer for it

but to just know the basic drawing please illustrator is your best bet ( at least that is what i use )

oh no do not rely on ms for updates....you would be under utilising ur gpu trust me....always use amd sites....if its not gud enuff jux roll back to the last gud one u used.
i dont know i can use AMD sites for update .. seems i still dont know things about amd
also not all gamers fancy framerates to graphix....gaming fora have tot me that

what is fora?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 9:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
kimco:
console gamers are a great example
Minimum console runs at 30FPS, some run at 60fps like Doom.
Much better overall than my laptop sad
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:40am On Jul 22, 2016
AKBliv010:

which console do u have?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 7:14am On Jul 22, 2016
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 7:59am On Jul 22, 2016
AKBliv010:

what im saying is that they would rather eye candy than 60fps...nd most 60fps are actually mid 40s at best. they wud rather sacrifice frames for graphix...cos graphics sell games better than frames.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 8:21am On Jul 22, 2016
Singapore1:

( i do text animation though both in 2d and 3d ) but just once in a while whenever i want to do 2d animation, i hire graphics designer to help me with the designs and drawing ( adobe illustrator design because your drawings must be in vector format if you want to animate it ) ..

trust me you wouldnt want to be the one to be drawing and at the same time be the one to be animating ..it will work for small project but it will never work out for big project REASon is because your animating skill is going to suffer for it

but to just know the basic drawing please illustrator is your best bet ( at least that is what i use )
i dont know i can use AMD sites for update .. seems i still dont know things about amd

what is fora?

oh okay i will do that.

yes you should use the official amd website for updates....much much better.

fora is plural for forum.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 9:51am On Jul 22, 2016
kimco:
...nd most 60fps are actually mid 40s at best. they wud rather sacrifice frames for graphix...cos graphics sell games better than frames.
AFAIK, any game with a target 60fps that runs mid 40's has a game engine issue ie the developers haven't optimised the game. For instance Quantum Break had that issue on the PS4&XBox one. The developers then set the option to cap it at 30fps or leave it variable, a settings available in the options menu.
As for graphics selling better than frames, you'll have to hear what gamers on CS:Go think about that. Competitive players lower their screen resolutions to hit higher frame rates as that reduces input lag. It think it's a case of everyone has a sweet spot, I like to get both cheesy
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2016
AKBliv010:

AFAIK, any game with a target 60fps that runs mid 40's has a game engine issue ie the developers haven't optimised the game. For instance Quantum Break had that issue on the PS4&XBox one. The developers then set the option to cap it at 30fps or leave it variable, a settings available in the options menu.
As for graphics selling better than frames, you'll have to hear what gamers on CS:Go think about that. Competitive players lower their screen resolutions to hit higher frame rates as that reduces input lag. It think it's a case of everyone has a sweet spot, I like to get both cheesy
most games on xbone/ps4 dont run at 60fps...and even at 30fps its not stable....no manner of engine optimisation would allow witcher 3 or battlefield in all its glory on the consoles run at a stable 60fps on these new consoles. the hardware is weak. so the we ask the question....why would the devs not reduce the graphic fidelity to achieve a stable 60fps.. simple cos graphics is a better seller than frame rates. imagine this on a game box or download page "mindblowing 60fps liquid smooth gameplay" instead of "mindblowing graphics with true to life fidelity" which one you think would sell?

competitive gamers are a niche crowd compared to casuals.people jux love graphics hence quad sli gpu setups nd xfires for jux 2k and 4k of the same game they could be enjoying on 1080p for far less money.

i'd love to have both on affordable hardware too

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by gentlemanghost(m): 11:45pm On Jul 23, 2016
Singapore1:

what kinda of animations do you do especially with your cinema 4d
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 6:41am On Jul 24, 2016
kimco:
most games on xbone/ps4 dont run at 60fps...and even at 30fps its not stable....no manner of engine optimisation would allow witcher 3 or battlefield in all its glory on the consoles run at a stable 60fps on these new consoles. the hardware is weak. so the we ask the question....why would the devs not reduce the graphic fidelity to achieve a stable 60fps.. simple cos graphics is a better seller than frame rates. imagine this on a game box or download page "mindblowing 60fps liquid smooth gameplay" instead of "mindblowing graphics with true to life fidelity" which one you think would sell?

competitive gamers are a niche crowd compared to casuals.people jux lovke graphics hence quad sli gpu setups nd xfires for jux 2k and 4k of the same game they could be enjoying on 1080p for far less money.

i'd love to have both on affordable hardware too

Can't wait to see what the XBox Scorpio with 6tflops of compute power can deliver when it gets released next year.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 3:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
AKBliv010:

Can't wait to see what the XBox Scorpio with 6tflops of compute power can deliver when it gets released next year.

i hope it means great things for games on pc too
im not impressed withe this gen's graphics, physics and ai jump...at alllll.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.