Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (183062 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 11:59pm On Mar 06, 2018
ogongogames:

You seem to have played most of the mainstream titles, have you tried possibly looking into Indie games? Just a thought...

I'm not a fan of rpgs, at all. I play the walking simulators though. But to be frank I haven't tried a lot of indies. I hear most aren't that good. But I'd like a recommendation that is not rpg, turn based rpg, 6bit platformers and rts.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ogongogames(m): 12:13am On Mar 07, 2018
kimco:

I'm not a fan of rpgs, at all. I play the walking simulators though. But to be frank I haven't tried a lot of indies. I hear most aren't that good. But I'd like a recommendation that is not rpg, turn based rpg, 6bit platformers and rts.

I think with indie games, there are more misses than hits. I noticed you prefer Horror genres? I am a seller of digital games so I come across quite lot. Have you heard of "Outlast". It is an indie psychological horror by Red Barrels, it has pretty decent reviews by many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GPf3MdVOKI
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:32am On Mar 07, 2018
ogongogames:

I think with indie games, there are more misses than hits. I noticed you prefer Horror genres? I am a seller of digital games so I come across quite lot. Have you heard of "Outlast". It is an indie psychological horror by Red Barrels, it has pretty decent reviews by many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GPf3MdVOKI
I love horror games. But enough with games like outlast. I want a game I can actually do something to fyt back with. I played soma, I played alien isolation... I can't play another one like it again.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ogongogames(m): 12:40am On Mar 07, 2018
kimco:

I love horror games. But enough with games like outlast. I want a game I can actually do something to fyt back with. I played soma, I played alien isolation... I can't play another one like it again.

Hahaha...I get you. So more fighting/action. If I come across such types, I will bump the thread.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Ayomideen(m): 2:18am On Mar 07, 2018
kimco:

Lol don't fear, I was dere once.

How I wish someone will lend me his ps3 for god of war at least

I presume you miss console gaming
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Singapore1(m): 8:20am On Mar 07, 2018
kimco:

Lol don't fear, I was dere once.

How I wish someone will lend me his ps3 for god of war at least
same here .. i want to buy ps4 pro
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 8:36pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ayomideen:

I presume you miss console gaming

Not necessarily. I haven't consol gamed for a while now. But the thing is there are some games on consoles that I would do anything to play. God of war, zelda and mario are such games. You can throw in red dead redemption too. That's about it. I even have 3 wireless xbox 360 controllers with a receiver I salvaged from a broken xbox 360 and modified with the help of a youtube tutorial, a steam controller and a thrust master(forgot the version, but it has no vibration, yet very well built).

However I just checked the the the progress with rpcsx 3 and I see god of war 3 is emulated well except audio. I'll wait.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2018
ogongogames:

Hahaha...I get you. So more fighting/action. If I come across such types, I will bump the thread.

Platformers are good. Those are allowed
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2018
ogongogames:

How come I'm never able to access and private mail from any nairalander. I always have to go to my gmail which ends up being a waste of time still.

I could read your mail cos I can't access it.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ogongogames(m): 9:10pm On Mar 07, 2018
kimco:

How come I'm never able to access and private mail from any nairalander. I always have to go to my gmail which ends up being a waste of time still.

I could read your mail cos I can't access it.

No worries, it was just to do with gaming genres but you've also stated Platformer's as of interest.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Ayomideen(m): 8:51am On Mar 10, 2018
kimco:

Not necessarily. I haven't consol gamed for a while now. But the thing is there are some games on consoles that I would do anything to play. God of war, zelda and mario are such games. You can throw in red dead redemption too. That's about it. I even have 3 wireless xbox 360 controllers with a receiver I salvaged from a broken xbox 360 and modified with the help of a youtube tutorial, a steam controller and a thrust master(forgot the version, but it has no vibration, yet very well built).

However I just checked the the the progress with rpcsx 3 and I see god of war 3 is emulated well except audio. I'll wait.

Oh wow,well guess we humans are wired like that,as much as a PlayStation fanboy that I am,there are some Xbox exclusives I'm dying to play,like halo and forza horizon

Not a really big fan of read dead redemption though, just don't really like the old-western setting of the game

You've got 3 Xbox 360 controllers,mehn I envy you o,when me dey here dey find who go dash me,na Ucom gamepad man dey buy,which is nowhere near the Xbox 360 controller

And as per rpcsx 3,I also monitor the progress and I have to say,those guys are awesome,I believe they're gonna be able to achieve what their aim(creating an emulate that's gonna be able to emulate at least most ps3 games for PC),although a lot of people are still of the opinion that it's impossible,but looking at the games they've worked on gives hope,or what do you think?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by endyuzo(m): 2:43pm On Mar 13, 2018
Fortnite for mobile phones has been announced by Epic Games

Good news for Fortnite Mobile fans, you can sign stirring for the Android gameplay beta in the same way as your android phones and tablets.
Fans can visit the Fortnite website to sign up for the Android bill of the battle Royale blockbuster. The site is the length of for child maintenance but should be back online by 5 pm UK time.

https://tabcult.com/2018/03/13/fortnite-for-mobile-phones-has-been-announced-by-epic-games/

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by yemkoguru(m): 9:06pm On Mar 13, 2018
I have Xbox 360 slim with Kinect and 5 CD games for sale buzz me if interested on Whatsapp 08102525153
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by yemkoguru(m): 9:11pm On Mar 13, 2018
Dell XPS 8500 gaming desktop
processor: i7 3.4ghz quad core
Graphics card: Evga GTX 1060 6gig
Ram: 8gig preinstalled upgradable to 32gig
PSU: 460W
Storage: 3tb + onboard msata SSD
23' flat screen monitor 4ms

You can reach me on Whatsapp 08102525153

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by chiscodedon(m): 11:09pm On Mar 13, 2018
Need help Pls... What fifa game can my laptop computer run... Lenovo g40,core i7, AMD Radeon R5 M330,HD graphics 5500,8gig ram... Can it run fifa18..? Need answer pls
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by LucemFerre: 7:26am On Mar 14, 2018
chiscodedon:
Need help Pls... What fifa game can my laptop computer run... Lenovo g40,core i7, AMD Radeon R5 M330,HD graphics 5500,8gig ram... Can it run fifa18..? Need answer pls

The only way to know for sure is buying fifa 18
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 2:33am On Mar 16, 2018
Ayomideen:

Oh wow,well guess we humans are wired like that,as much as a PlayStation fanboy that I am,there are some Xbox exclusives I'm dying to play,like halo and forza horizon

Not a really big fan of read dead redemption though, just don't really like the old-western setting of the game

You've got 3 Xbox 360 controllers,mehn I envy you o,when me dey here dey find who go dash me,na Ucom gamepad man dey buy,which is nowhere near the Xbox 360 controller

And as per rpcsx 3,I also monitor the progress and I have to say,those guys are awesome,I believe they're gonna be able to achieve what their aim(creating an emulate that's gonna be able to emulate at least most ps3 games for PC),although a lot of people are still of the opinion that it's impossible,but looking at the games they've worked on gives hope,or what do you think?

Yes ooo, we are first and foremost, GAMERS. Sure we are fanboys too but games come first before platform of choice.

I left the u-com era a long time ago when I found out that the dualshock adaptor existed. That was the turning point for me. The adaptors were poorly made and often broke down easily but I found out the problem was the usb cord which was of a poor make. I simply change the cord to a proper one with some average soldering skills and voila, I get to keep it for as long as 4yrs(my last one lasted that long, but gave it to someone). However the dualshock controllers break far too often as well. Fifa breaks down the controllers far too oftenbought more than 10 of these and fixed them up so often as well, esp the left analog. The wireless xbox 360 controllers were gifts from someone who cudnt use them anymore since his xbox 360 was broke. They had broken analog sticks too which I fixed.

Tldr: get urself the dualshock adaptor and the dualshock controllers, preferably the dualshock 2 aka ps2 controllers and do away with the trash that is u-com controllers.

As for the emulation...it's all about money and interest. That's why the nintendo platforms have better emulation scenes than any other. The games have more interest and people are willing to pay to have them emulated.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 2:38am On Mar 16, 2018
LucemFerre:

The only way to know for sure is buying fifa 18

How about he run the demo. Its free and he'll know what to expect. But being africans that we are, you can probably "yarr" it. Or "borrow" from a friend.

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 2:39am On Mar 16, 2018
chiscodedon:

Download the demo guy. Its free. Den you'll know
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Ayomideen(m): 5:06am On Mar 18, 2018
kimco:

Yes ooo, we are first and foremost, GAMERS. Sure we are fanboys too but games come first before platform of choice.

I left the u-com era a long time ago when I found out that the dualshock adaptor existed. That was the turning point for me. The adaptors were poorly made and often broke down easily but I found out the problem was the usb cord which was of a poor make. I simply change the cord to a proper one with some average soldering skills and voila, I get to keep it for as long as 4yrs(my last one lasted that long, but gave it to someone). However the dualshock controllers break far too often as well. Fifa breaks down the controllers far too oftenbought more than 10 of these and fixed them up so often as well, esp the left analog. The wireless xbox 360 controllers were gifts from someone who cudnt use them anymore since his xbox 360 was broke. They had broken analog sticks too which I fixed.

Tldr: get urself the dualshock adaptor and the dualshock controllers, preferably the dualshock 2 aka ps2 controllers and do away with the trash that is u-com controllers.

As for the emulation...it's all about money and interest. That's why the nintendo platforms have better emulation scenes than any other. The games have more interest and people are willing to pay to have them emulated.

Exactly,totally agree with that,games come first before platform of choice

Wow man,you really spent a fortune on 'em Ucom controllers,I've bought 3 so far,using the current one as careful as possible lol,and yeah those USB cords are a pain In the neck
All in all sha I'd try to get an x-box 360 controller,at least man mind go come down small say e no go quick spoil,lol

P.S mind if I digress a bit,which game are you currently playing
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 4:30pm On Mar 18, 2018
Ayomideen:

Exactly,totally agree with that,games come first before platform of choice

Wow man,you really spent a fortune on 'em Ucom controllers,I've bought 3 so far,using the current one as careful as possible lol,and yeah those USB cords are a pain In the neck
All in all sha I'd try to get an x-box 360 controller,at least man mind go come down small say e no go quick spoil,lol

P.S mind if I digress a bit,which game are you currently playing

Cod ww2 and gta 5
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Lana1(m): 4:05pm On Apr 05, 2018
What $2500 looks like...

Cc Akbliv010 kimco

2 Likes

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 4:44pm On Apr 05, 2018
Lana1:
What $2500 looks like...

CcAkbliv010 kimco

You mean just the GPUs?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by yemkoguru(m): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2018
Evga GTX 1060 6GiG SSC dual fan Available for sale. See my signature for contact
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Lana1(m): 6:43pm On Apr 05, 2018
AKBliv010:

You mean just the GPUs?
Yes! When people are complaining of Gpu prices, some people are running 1080ti sli. There is God. cheesy
All these enthusiasts sef, they are taking this enthusiasm thing to a whole new level. angry

Anyways, i just dey imagine how much fps one can get on cs:go at low settings with this setup grin
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:16pm On Apr 06, 2018
Lana1:
What $2500 looks like...
Cc Akbliv010 kimco
too much.. do you really need both?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Lana1(m): 7:21pm On Apr 06, 2018
kimco:

These white people get money na. Let them flex abeg...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by yemkoguru(m): 9:20pm On Apr 06, 2018
Is he trying to achieve more than 60fps with high settings at 2160p? Isn't 1070 sli more than enough to achieve that
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2018
kimco:

Might be for a multi monitor setup running at 144Hz. Hell yea! Lol
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by AKBliv010(m): 9:45pm On Apr 06, 2018
Lana1:
These white people get money na. Let them flex abeg...

Abi o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.